Tournament NUPL VIII - sEmIfInAl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
[insert cool banner here]
Deadline: Sunday, May 31st @ 11:59pm GMT -5
Standings

Reminder to everyone: Game 1 of the Bo3 has to be played in SS NU. Game 2 and 3 are decided by the loser.

:ss/arctozolt: vs :ss/vivillon:
The Pablo Zolts (4) vs The Vibrant Vivillons (4)
SS NU: TDK vs vivalospride
SS NU: snaga vs rozes
USUM NU: Santu vs Gefährlicher Random
ORAS NU: lax vs Eternally
BW NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs DnB
DPP NU: ima vs Expulso
ADV NU: Earthworm vs Hogg
Bo3: FLCL vs Star

Tiebreak
The Pablo Zolts
(2) vs The Vibrant Vivillons (1)
SS NU: lax vs Star
BW NU: FLCL vs rozes

:ss/clefairy: vs :ss/sneasel:
The Clefairy Coalition (4) vs Sjneiders Sneasels (4)
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Sjneider
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jrdn
USUM NU: robjr vs yeezyknows
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Bouff
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs brewfasa
ADV NU: Disjunction vs Triangles
Bo3: Teddeh vs ict

Tiebreak
The Clefairy Coalition
(2) vs Sjneiders Sneasels (0)
SS NU: soulgazer vs Sjneider
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Jrdn

If I made a mistake please contact me asap. Good luck everyone!​

Last edited:
The Clefairy Coalition (4) vs Sjneiders Sneasels (4)
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Sjneider -I feel like this could go either way; it will probably boil down to who “solves” the meta first, so I’ll give the edge to the guy who claims to have already done so over the one who says he will do it. Great matchup.
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jrdn -Gunner’s been playing solid throughout the tour, while jrdn hasnt really impressed me much with his playing or teams (he should bring crazier shit).
USUM NU: robjr vs yeezyknows -Rob’s better as an overall player but yeezy can defend himself really nicely in this tier, and due to the clefairies’ lack of a dedicated SM builder I’ll give yeezy a leg up in this MU.
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Bouff -Sorry bouffer but sg is really competent at pretty much any NU tier, and he’s had games like the one vs ict where he just played his heart out despite losing in the end.
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult -Chill’s only been stopped by the god chef this year and I expect him to continue on a tear, especially since he’s not bringing gothorita every week and he’s actually building new stuff.
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs brewfasa -I don’t know how he does it or what his record even is but I feel like whenever I see fatty play this tier he wins, so there’s that I suppose.
ADV NU: Disjunction vs Triangles -Both are great ADV NU players and I hope neither of them invents some kind of new whack cheese and ruins this matchup. That said, I’ll go with super spink as he is more proven in the tier (at least in NUPL).
Bo3: Teddeh vs ict -I think that teddeh is a really inconsistent player in the sense that his ups are very high and his lows are very low, while leon’s always at least solid. Ted hasn’t impressed me this year in his games so I’m assuming he’s not at the best of his capacities right, hence my prediction for ict.

Tiebreak:​
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Sjneider -Depends on the first game imo
BW NU: Chillshadow vs insult/brewfasa -Same explanation as above, probably even if he loses
Bo3: soulgazer vs ict -This would be a great rematch from week 1(?) in which I can’t really give an edge to anyone because they’re both very solid. Would be fun to see if it comes down to this.

That being said, lgi pablos

0NI

j'arrive
The Pablo Zolts vs The Vibrant Vivillons
SS NU: TDK vs vivalospride
SS NU: snaga vs rozes
ORAS NU: lax vs Eternally
BW NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs DnB
DPP NU: ima vs Expulso
Bo3: FLCL vs Star

The Clefairy Coalition vs Sjneiders Sneasels
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Sjneider
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jrdn
USUM NU: robjr vs yeezyknows
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Bouff
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs brewfasa
ADV NU: Disjunction vs Triangles

Tbreak : sneasels

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
after my two week break, we are BACK and BETTER than ever

I have called upon the seven sages, and they have gifted me with the spoilers for this week of NUPL. you're welcome

The Pablo Zolts (4) vs The Vibrant Vivillons (4)
SS NU: TDK vs vivalospride: I don't have a very strong feeling either way here; I'm mostly going off of name value and the fact I think TDK has more potential to "step up" in a setting like this. vivalospride is definitely capable of pulling this out though, especially with the support his team has.
SS NU: snaga vs rozes: Rozes is a better player in my eyes and is 100% going to bring sets no one has ever considered when sober. Like, I could see him pull out Choice Band Wishiwashi just because he can.
USUM NU: Santu vs Gefährlicher Random: Santu is really good at this tier. Never count the dodmen slayer out, especially because he's been pretty solid towards the end of regular season, but I feel Santu is a bit safer of a pick here.
ORAS NU: lax vs Eternally: Both players have been super dominant thus far, but I am going to pick eternally here because he's second to none at this tier.
BW NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs DnB: SPACE FORCE meeps
DPP NU: ima vs Expulso: eh, Expulso is riding a hot streak and has shown he is more than willing to bring wack cheese shit like the fabled double suicide lead into Block + Yawn Gastrodon into Belly Drum Linoone team. I also haven't been impressed by ima so far this tour, so eh.
ADV NU: Earthworm vs Hogg: Similarly to the ORAS game, I think Hogg is one of the better players this tier has, and so long as he makes sure to not be Baton Pass weak, I think he should be favored. I don't trust the pirate's ability to pilot much else because he hasn't looked particularly inspiring when not on BP.
Bo3: FLCL vs Star: I just can't rationalize in my head a tier I would give Star an obvious edge in. He's a super great player, so I can't just call this an FLCL smash, but I do wonder what tiers he takes in a win.

tiebreak vivs

The Clefairy Coalition (6) vs Sjneiders Sneasels (2)
SS NU: TonyFlygon vs Sjneider: sjneider will bring quite literally anything, so guessing this one is hard. Tony should be extra motivated though to get revenge after bringing CUTE CHARM CLEFAIRY in their original encounter.
SS NU: Enzo Gorlami vs Jrdn: Jrdn was really hot last year in terms of NU, but he hasn't been able to figure out how to bring back that shine this generation. Meanwhile, Enzo has been really fucking good.
USUM NU: robjr vs yeezyknows: yo... this man KNOWS. will be a great game between two of the better SM NUers.
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Bouff: honestly the only ORAS games I have paid attention to are eternally ones LMAO soulgazer is goated at old NU gens though so he probably wins this
BW NU: Chill Shadow vs Insult: reformed user Chill Shadow will continue his dominance in the tier of Garbodor without using either of his broken Pokemon. what a redemption arc.
DPP NU: Sinkyr vs brewfasa: I want Sinkyr to win but it is very hard to predict against brewfasa. I will do my best to prevent this predict from happening, but no promises :[
ADV NU: Disjunction vs Triangles: Disjunction WITH RABIA SUPPORT??? ganhamos as fuck.
Bo3: Teddeh vs ict: I think Teddeh has been very good since coming back into the fray, and I really haven't been high on ict since last NUPL.

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.

this should be an awesome game. felix and santu are two great players and i'm super high on both personally when they're playing sm nu. i dont want to suck them off further but if you're only casually following nupl and you have even a slight interest in sm nu be sure to either catch this live or peep the replay.

please tag me in the nu discord when this game starts and/or let me know what time they've scheduled for.

:blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)