The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Qualifying Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are here with the intention of playing competitively, but all we get its being mocked and insulted. I want to thank everyone who supported us and also give some advice for everyone who hates us:

That attitude isn't any good. Its that lack of empaty that is making the world a shitty place, theres no need to insult everyone because you think you're better. You only denigrate everyone else because you want people to think you're not as bad as you are.

Roginald

Always Raining
RBTT Champion
we are here with the intention of playing competitively, but all we get its being mocked and insulted. I want to thank everyone who supported us and also give some advice for everyone who hates us:

That attitude isn't any good. Its that lack of empaty that is making the world a shitty place, theres no need to insult everyone because you think you're better. You only denigrate everyone else because you want people to think you're not as bad as you are.
Noone hates you bros except shake

Noone hates you bros except shake
i know some people do, i dont say that are the most
This site needs a disclaimer for new ppl that shake's views arent representative of how the community sees you
didnt even read the post of that AW bc i think we have to ignore these ppl, but besides that u shouldnt disagree that there are a lot of sad ppl here

And so with that we move from Maggie De Block/Gilles to East India company/inevitable granny

Dw guys we ain't raiding what is not ours. But we will definitely get 'our' Kohinoor and Wcop.

EU can help us :)
India doesn't betray :))

whats new? both got absolutely waxed LOOOL they only won ONE GAME combined. how shocking. UNVIABLE
oh i almost forgot

didnt expect to be right so soon...oh wait yes i did LMFAO
At least @ me, dear. Thanks for the free roast, I don't remember to have mini supported you on Patreon but I'll do it for sure the next time I get interested in your opinion, which means, never. For a player who proclaims himself as a truly game connoisseur, I found extremely hilarious that you're just dropping shit at our team for free, despite our match preparation wasn't bad and UK got favoured by certain game circumstances. Yeah, we're not SPL players or something, but we're not that bad to be constantly disrespected and mocked just for being here. We respect our rivals and know they're good players, but this is the game, and we're aware that luck was a thing in this series.

Dude, to be honest I don't take you seriously, and I know almost everyone here thinks the same as I do. I mean, you almost told that you're not playing anymore, ergo, you don't know shit about this rn. You're just a jerk living from past glory, trying to piss off people here and there for bringing some sense to your existence in this community, and getting all the attention you never get in real life, and I respect that. If we're fair, that's what you've always been, a child in need of attention, the only difference is that you used to deserve some respect ten years ago, at least as a player.

Anyways, we were full aware from* the start that being some sort of Cinderella team was gonna be hard, and we thank everyone who supported us in this journey. We will keep improving, and we're gonna try again the next year. VAMOS ARGENTINA.

Last edited:
For a player who proclaims himself as a truly game connoisseur, I found extremely hilarious that you're just dropping shit at our team for free, despite our match preparation was better, our moves were better, and UK was favoured by certain game circumstances.

no offence mate but ur boys got fucked up. u gassed a draco miss in game 1 into losing 6 on the bounce. keep at it though we don't have anything personal against any of you. you def weren't the worst team in this competition by a long shot

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Keep your heads up, Argentina. You guys made a lot of progress in your debut. No one gets good at this game from the getgo; it takes lots of sacrifices and a lack of a social life to achieve greatness. You’d think putting six Pokémon together in the team builder and making switches are easy, but they are difficult as fuck. Lots of mind games, cost-benefit analysis, risk management, and the ability to operate optimally under pressure. This fucking game ruined my childhood, but I am in a good place now after a lot of therapy.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
@ Team Argentina

Chicos lo habéis hecho bien, era vuestra primera WCoP, nosotros ( Spain ) en nuestra primera WCoP quedamos los 14º/16 y ahora siempre somos de los equipos favoritos, esto no ha hecho más que empezar para vosotros, seguid así, hay talento y hay ganas, el año que viene lo haréis mejor, y el siguiente aún más, mirad a LA el año pasado también hasta donde llegaron, que esto no os desanime.

Un saludo hermanos, mucho ánimo y nos vemos pronto <3

First of all I want to thank each one of the people who gave us support and placed their warm hopes in our team, despite being the first year competing as a team in the great competitive scene, we managed to do some of the things we most wanted: form the base to continue progressing as a team.

And for those who only insulted and annoyed on our first tour of this scene, I wish you find happiness in something other than minimizing other people who, like them, are also looking for a place to compete and improve here.
We knew that it was going to be hard to give an excellent performance the first year, but with so many teams that have been preparing for years and trying to win, so this is not a fall, it is something to continue learning and keep trying next year, we had a little bad luck and inexperience beat us but I also congratulate the UK and I wish them the best of luck in the following rounds, this time it was not possible but the next will be.

VAMOS ARGENTINA

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Last edited by a moderator:
Tsunami

In front of ALL the smogon CROWD. I CHALLENGE you to TWO Bo3s.

One in ORAS OU, the tier in which I completely wiped the floor with your face in OST, and one in CG OU to prove that you are UNVIABLE AS FUCK right now and shouldn't even have the right to use that word. If you win ANY of them I'll retire for good and never to come back, but if you lose BOTH of them you'll SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH once and for all and admit that YOU'RE my lil fucking BITCH. How that sounds? Or are you too scared to bite the dust AGAIN??

VoD lost again. So fucking Classic.

no offence mate but ur boys got fucked up. u gassed a draco miss in game 1 into losing 6 on the bounce. keep at it though we don't have anything personal against any of you. you def weren't the worst team in this competition by a long shot
Dude, you just can't talk about winning six games on the bounce, defying the fact that you won a crucial game because of the timer, and got another from free since one of my teammates decided to drop that match before it started, and you know exactly why he did.

I accept that play in G1 was nonsense, but if you didn't noticed, Zeraora would have won it anyways. Then you have a streak of parahax, misses and some other situations in the next games that you just got at the right moment, and turned balanced matchups into convenient situations for both you and your team. I've been enough time on this to admit that those are game situations and it is meant to be that way in this game we've chosen to play competitively, so I'm not denying that you won those games. What I'm not agree is with some people trashtalking about my debutant team and blatantly whipping their dicks against the keyboard in a shown of supremacy, thinking it is funny to disrespect us as players, and avoiding the fact that it was some sort of luck, and not your clear superiority and our lack of experience in big tournaments what costed us a 1-6 defeat in a series that could have had a less "fucked up" result.

Tsunami

In front of ALL the smogon CROWD. I CHALLENGE you to TWO Bo3s.

One in ORAS OU, the tier in which I completely wiped the floor with your face in OST, and one in CG OU to prove that you are UNVIABLE AS FUCK right now and shouldn't even have the right to use that word. If you win ANY of them I'll retire for good and never to come back, but if you lose BOTH of them you'll SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH once and for all and admit that YOU'RE my lil fucking BITCH. How that sounds? Or are you too scared to bite the dust AGAIN??

VoD lost again. So fucking Classic.
why would i waste my time playing you LOL i straight up said before i dont like playing mons and that im terrible rn. not to mention i havent played oras ou in eons and have hardly ever played cg ou. i never claimed 2 be good now cuz im not trying to be nor do i care since ive hardly touched pokemon in the past yr and a half. now do i think i was eons better than you back then? definitely. i dont really care if you return or not so its not like this challenge rly gives me any motivation either. if anything, you coming back would be heat since then i could bash your clown ass in my predictions

Dude, you just can't talk about winning six games on the bounce, defying the fact that you won a crucial game because of the timer, and got another from free since one of my teammates decided to drop that match before it started, and you know exactly why he did.

I accept that play in G1 was nonsense, but if you didn't noticed, Zeraora would have won it anyways. Then you have a streak of parahax, misses and some other situations in the next games that you just got at the right moment, and turned balanced matchups into convenient situations for both you and your team. I've been enough time on this to admit that those are game situations and it is meant to be that way in this game we've chosen to play competitively, so I'm not denying that you won those games. What I'm not agree is with some people trashtalking about my debutant team and blatantly whipping their dicks against the keyboard in a shown of supremacy, thinking it is funny to disrespect us as players, and avoiding the fact that it was some sort of luck, and not your clear superiority and our lack of experience in big tournaments what costed us a 1-6 defeat in a series that could have had a less "fucked up" result.
like i said - no one on team uk has any problem with argentina. we have no reason to. you're the one who claimed your match preparation and move choices were better than ours, yet you're complaining about others showing disrespect and superiority? it's just a game at the end of the day no point in getting worked up about it. anything said by team uk was mostly just banter - your team were decent opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)