Sword & Shield **Official news only** DLC Crown Tundra 22nd October

And Zacian, do not forget. It's not without reason that it's the first legendary I've ever released, after all.

But yes, with the Galarian Birds and the new Regis, this generation is not doomed to be the worst in terms of overall legendary designs.
My comment on this isn't exactly on topic but...

You RELEASED Zacian? O_o *twitch twitch*

And to at least say something on topic: the designs do look pretty cool, so I agree with that.

But... you released... the cover legend good boi doggo with super cool sword? *crying intensifies* (I wonder what a released Zacian would do while Zamazenta is chillin in Hau's Hop's pokeball..)

I'm very curious as to how all the new and returning mons and GMaxs effect the VGC meta. I'm fairly confident Urshifu will be legal due to the original DLC reveal trailer announcing that you could use them in Online Competitions

The Urshifu forms both sound amazing. Moves that always crit and an ability that lets them bypass Protect (I think Protect will still weaken the moves though). If they're legal, you will need a plan for them. So let's think here. What Pokémon has a STAB to hit both bears super effectively, great physical bulk, and an ability that shuts off Unseen Fist? Why, it's Galarian Weezing! Also please let Slaking come back.
That's until a high bp water stab boosted move from a LO or CB Urshifu 2HKOs G-Weezing and it can't switch in no more.

So talking about Urshifu's signature move... I'm expecting it to be at 70 BP. With its guaranteed critical hit that goes to be like a 105 BP move, which is not that different from other legendaries' signature moves, which tend to be at 100 BP.

Oh, and Grass Slide under Grassy Terrain is the first attacking priority Grass-type move EVER.

So looks like we got...55 pokemon accounted for in Armor. So approximately 45 Pokemon we dont know about. This doesn't count the bulbasaur & squirtle lines, though I'll admit it's possible they're "counted" by gamefreak. We'll see in like 2 weeks.

Tundra meanwhile has 33, counting the bird & regi quartet (REgigigas is name dropped even he's definitely in). 61 if we add in the Den pokemon but excluding Mewtwo, the Musketeers, Tao trio and Light quintet

We have any info on what Quick Draw does? Solely from the name I'd guess it gives priority to certain moves, but that's just me guessing.
Oddly no. The website details its new move in full detail but the closest we get to Quick Draw is
Beats strong opponents to the draw!

Although this Pokémon is normally zoned out, facing off against strong opponents activates the stimulants in its body, sending them coursing through its nervous system and delivering a jolt.

When this happens, Slowbro’s expression sharpens. With a speed that puts even the quickest reflexes to shame, Slowbro readies its Shellder and makes poisonous liquid shoot from the Shellder’s tip.
Which can be interpreted in all kinds of different ways.

Nah, Zacian has the opposite problem: it's over-optimised to absurdity. Zamazenta is a defensive mon with no healing moves and has only one STAB move, which lowers its defences. Body Press might as well be custom-designed for it, and it doesn't even learn the move. (Hopefully they fix this in the DLC.)
Oh, you were talking about competitiveness. Looks like we were talking about two different problems.

All newly confirmed returning Pokémon families

Isle of Armour:-

Poliwag, Exeggcute, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Staryu, Scyther, Tauros
Skarmory
Whismur, Absol
Shinx
Sandile, Emolga, Mienfoo, Druddigon, Bouffalant
Skrelp

The Crown Tundra:-

Magmar

Aron, Swablu, Relicanth

Fomantis

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Galarian Moltres has Berserk.
Moltres has transcended the realm of good-looking Pokemon. With this trait inherited from Him he is now certified Yung...
(Also a Berserk Dark/Flying type with Moltres' stats sounds incredibly dank, especially if it gets Nasty Plot)

Also since I'm the one loser who cares about NPCs I couldn't help but notice they finally released more info on the one Rose-lookin dude from CT!

Peony

Upon arriving in the Crown Tundra, you’ll encounter Peony, who has brought his daughter along on an adventure to find the truth behind tales of Legendary Pokémon in the area. Listening isn’t his strongest suit, and his bold behavior draws plenty of attention. But he has a kind side and plenty of affection for his daughter.

Who is this daughter character? Guess we'll find out eventually...

As for the new Regis, there's some interesting lore there. Regieleki's blue bits are said to be insulating material that was put on it by people to restrain its power. Meanwhile Regidrago's website lore gives us our first reference to Regigigas as supposedly when the giant was building it he only got to complete the head (hence how it looks like a Dragon head) and people sealed it away before it could be completed out of fear of its power.

So the other Regis have stat distributions along the lines of 150-200 in their good stats. If the new Regis have those numbers in offensive stats with a beneficial ability and strong signature moves to match, then even with their low speed they could be very strong indeed. Regidraco in particular could be terrifying, especially if the move uses the same scaling as Water Spout.

Moltres has transcended the realm of good-looking Pokemon. With this trait inherited from Him he is now certified Yung...
(Also a Berserk Dark/Flying type with Moltres' stats sounds incredibly dank, especially if it gets Nasty Plot)

Also since I'm the one loser who cares about NPCs I couldn't help but notice they finally released more info on the one Rose-lookin dude from CT!

Peony

Upon arriving in the Crown Tundra, you’ll encounter Peony, who has brought his daughter along on an adventure to find the truth behind tales of Legendary Pokémon in the area. Listening isn’t his strongest suit, and his bold behavior draws plenty of attention. But he has a kind side and plenty of affection for his daughter.

Who is this daughter character? Guess we'll find out eventually...
Yeah that stood out to me too since we haven't otherwise seen her. I assume she's meant to be a unique NPC and not just Generic Girl since she's supposedly traveling with us.

Guessing one or both of them will have Galarian Slowking.

I quoted Yung Dramps but still can't figure out this stuff, wheeeee

Zapdos doesn't sound too bad either, especially if they give him Close Combat. Sadly he'll have to do with Drill Peck for a Flying STAB unless they decide to give him Acrobatics.

Also Galarian Slowbro's description sounds kinda dirty. Yes, I am a bad person.[/QUOTE]

My guess is regieleki will have 200 speed or 200 spa. And regidraco will be 200 atk or 200 hp as each regi seems to have 200 in one of its stats accept for registeel who has a defense split.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
I feel like both Regieleki and Regidraco are gonna have the same Special Attack stat and have their other stats differing since Dragon Energy looked like a lot more like a special move what with the big beam and all. If that were to be the case Dragon Energy sounds worse then Draco Meteor in most situations tbch

Is it wrong that I first interpreted 'zoned out' in slowbro's description in the fighting game sense i.e. it wants to get in close but can't?

On the whole, most of the new annoucements just seem uninspired. The starter's Gmax moves are copied from charizard (arguably more severely than if they went with pledge effects, at least those have different roles), urshifu's forms are copies of one another (particularly worrisome since content is locked to it), and no mention of bringing the old regis up to the new standard of legendaries. The birds are okay, but I do think dropping flying rather than their primary type would have been preferred.

My guess is regieleki will have 200 speed or 200 spa. And regidraco will be 200 atk or 200 hp as each regi seems to have 200 in one of its stats accept for registeel who has a defense split.
I don't think that any of the Regi will have 200 speed or honestly anyone would have different speed.

The low speed is the "link" between all regis, so I expect the new ones to keep it.

All newly confirmed returning Pokémon families

Isle of Armour:-

Poliwag, Exeggcute, Tangela, Kangaskhan, Staryu, Scyther, Tauros

Whismur, Absol
Shinx
Sandile, Emolga, Mienfoo, Druddigon, Bouffalant
Skrelp

The Crown Tundra:-

Magmar

Aron, Swablu, Relicanth

Fomantis
Quick update on this, because I forgot about or missed four Pokémon initially -- Exeggcute, Relicanth, Aron and Fomantis. Based on which parts of the trailer they're in, Exeggcute is likely in Isle of Armour; while the other three are likely in Crown Tundra.

Quick update on this, because I forgot about or missed four Pokémon initially -- Exeggcute, Relicanth, Aron and Fomantis. Based on which parts of the trailer they're in, Exeggcute is likely in Isle of Armour; while the other three are likely in Crown Tundra.
I actually liked the little wink they did with Relicanth, pulling it out when facing the Regis.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Wailord and Relicanth have something to do with them.

Also, I believe the 3 regis are the only returning legendaries shown outside of a Max-Raid so far.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gen 4:
"Ok guys we are gonna create an evolution for Electabuzz. We are gonna make him buff and physically inclined."
"Sir, as Electric type is currently poor physically, maybe give it a secondary STAB traditionally strong physically? idk maybe Fighting?"
"Are you mad? The Electabuzz line will remain pure Electric!"
"Ok sir"

Gen 7:
"Alr folks here is the design and dex entries for our new mythical, Zeraora!"
". Sir, I believe you forgot to give it its part Fighting typing"
"ARE YOU MAD? Zeraora is not part Fighting! Why would you think so?"
"Hmm, signature punching move, gets Close Combat and Bulk Up. Its pose. The fact that its one of the only Electric types that cannot generate its own Electricity, surely its not even a primary Electric type"
"Zeraora is pure Electric and that's final"
"Thats dumb but ok boss"

Gen 8
"Lookie here folks, we are making Galarian Zapdos and friends."
"Wow so cool. After all these years we finally get an Electric / fighting type and its gonna be a Zapdos variant? WOW"
"Zapdos will be Flying/Fighting"
".........come again?"
"Flying/Fighting Galarian Zapdos"
"But this entry says Zapdos has atrophied wings. And if you go that route, You mean to tell me this Galarian Moltres has its wings on Fire not because its a Fire type, but its edgy and wants to be cooked alive?"
"Yes"
"AYE YO WHAT THE FU"

I've a doubt that may surealy be unrelated to the topic, but I think it's an easy one and I just need an answer. I've traded around 1.000 Pokémon from my previous versions to Pokémon HOME (yes, most of them are now in a jail), but what I cannot understand is why my National Dex is empty. When I look at it in the mobile version, it seems like I can only see a few Pokémon like Bulbasaur, Pikachu or Zekrom, but the 99.8% is in gray, which I don't understand because I've them all in the boxes, lol.

SOLVED.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)