SS DOU Suspect Test 2 - Voter Identification Thread (READ THE OP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirming as DOUM5 gen8novice

First serious attempt at hitting reqs and maybe last, unless it gets to be more enjoyable/less stressful... A few gripes about the process:

--80 GXE is a pretty big ask for a format that recently had a number 1 on the ladder with under 80 and still has about 50% of the non-DOUM5 types from 21-50 in the rankings under that level (would be even higher further down)--the numbers are much lower than Gen 7 DOU. If the point is to purposely exclude a lot of great players and cause stress to many more, then fine, but I don't really see how that benefits the community.

--There must be some way to avoid fighting other DOUM5 contestants! If you play at a normal time, you have to fight tons of these people who are often early in the process and have low rankings that don't reflect their true abilities at all, but you get hosed if you lose. That compounds with the tough requirement noted above. I stayed up super late to try to avoid them (and still ran into 1--who gave me an L), but this could easily be fixed with programming--during suspect period "DOUM5"s (or whatever the code is then) don't match with each other.

--There's gotta be a better way than just encouraging people to spend hours coming up with nearly flawless records if luck permits it (I admit I was super lucky, but even 2 losses prevented me from qualifying at 30). If wins in scheduled room tournaments offered an automatic qualification, you might get better attendance and better tours. People put so much miserable individual effort into this--why not translate that more into a fun group context?

games are emotional, win or lose.. much better to play a couple a day and savor the wins and really learn from the losses than having to crank out tons of games in a row like this!

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.50.04 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)