Tournament RU Snake Draft: Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
Snake_Draft.png

Standings

:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (5) :mudsdale: vs :heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (3) :heliolisk:

SS: Feliburn vs mael
SS: pokeisfun vs TheFranklin
SS: GoldCat vs Star
SS: Meru vs Lilburr
SM: lax vs termi
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit
ORAS: Ajna vs Gefahrlicher Random
BW: Accelgor vs Bobby Dagen

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (4) :drampa: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (4) :vileplume:

SS: Sensei Axew vs Bouff
SS: robjr vs Yggdrasil60
SS: Gondra vs tko
SS: mncmt vs jake
SM: Hurtadoo vs rozes
SM: Finchinator vs Ark
ORAS: MZ vs Chaitanya
BW: Pinboim3 vs Trace

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (2) :steelix: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (5) :nidoqueen:

SS: Garay oak vs TonyFlygon
SS: gorex vs Luthier
SS: Decem vs Pepeduce
SS: Yay vs Tzar Obi Gun
SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko
ORAS: TSR vs Santu
BW: The Leprechaun vs byronthewellwell

:braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (6) :braviary: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (2) :sandaconda:

SS: Snaga vs GW
SS: Thiago Nunes vs Serene Grace
SS: Expulso vs Osh
SS: PinkDragonTamer vs Amaroq
SM: Bebo vs roman
SM: ODR vs Haxxsel
ORAS: banks vs Eternal Spirit
BW: esche vs KW

Deadline is Sunday, July 5, 12:00 AM GMT -5 (Central Daylight Time). Reminder to all SS RU players we will NOT be accounting for tier shifts on Wednesday. Reminder to all SM RU players to play on the main PS! server, NOT Smogtours.

Last edited:

Mavis

Banned deucer.
:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (0):mudsdale: vs :heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (0) :heliolisk:

SS: Feliburn vs mael: mael hasn't been impressive, and Feli has been as solid and consistent as usual. Big edge
SS: pokeisfun vs TheFranklin: Incredibly close as both have been playing well, miniscule edge
SS: GoldCat vs Star: GC's good but Star's better, Helios will need to ride his momentum if they want to keep pushing for poffs
SS: Meru vs Lilburr: I'm uncharacteristically high on Meru in team tours, but Lily's 3-1, so small edge here
SM: lax vs termi: termi hasn't been doing very well and lord lax has been killing it, big edge
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit: coinflipped because these two are close, I know rabbit is an excellent SM so I look forward to this game
ORAS: Ajna vs Gefahrlicher Random: imagine expecting me to bold against Ajna in ORAS
BW: Accelgor vs Bobby Dagen: Will be very close, but I've liked Bobby Dagen's teams so far this tour

Match of the Week: ima vs Alpha Rabbit: Both of these players are incredibly solid SM, and ima has been performing very well recently. Rabbit is quite good himself, however, and he got a nice win last week as he hopped off the bench. Should be quite close barring any matchup troubles.

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (0) :drampa: vs :drampa: The S-Rank Vileplumes (0) :drampa:

SS: Sensei Axew vs Bouff: Sensei tanked last week, but he knows the tier very well so, small edge
SS: robjr vs Yggdrasil60: Ygg is quite good and so is rob, but I have faith in Ygg so small edge
SS: Gondra vs tko: Gondra might not be doing super hot bar a win last week, but tko has been about as fire as the north pole
SS: mncmt vs jake: jake go brrrr, this game should be p close though they're both good
SM: Hurtadoo vs rozes: coinflip edge, rozes is a very consistent player but Hurta embodies French batshit picks so it's hard to predict him
SM: Finchinator vs Ark: Finch should bounce back from his win last week for a close game with Ark
ORAS: MZ vs Chaitanya: MZ hasn't impressed this tour and Chait is as solid as usual
BW: Pinboim3 vs Trace: Pinboim's excellent picks last week should keep his future opponents on their toes, Trace being no exception. Decent edge

Match of the Week: Sensei Axew vs Bouff (SM RU): Honestly, none of these games looked terribly interesting, but this one should be quite nice. Sensei knows SS very well and can definitely pull and pilot unexpected picks fairly well, but Bouff is a far more veteraned player who should put up a great challenge.

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (0) :steelix: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (0) :nidoqueen:

SS: Garay oak vs TonyFlygon: I honestly just like the way Tony plays more, but regardless this should be close
SS: gorex vs Luthier: gorex my friend and all, but I sipped the Luthier kool-aid months ago and haven't had my fill yet. Small edge
SS: yeezyknows vs Pepeduce: coinflipped but the pepe should have a slight edge here
SS: Yay vs Tzar Obi Gun: bugzi is good but yay is also good, this one was hard to call
SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses: Diogo is in comfort territory but Avedo is a very solid player, this game should be good.
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko: feen in 2020 :cwl:
ORAS: TSR vs Santu: both of these players are great, but I think TSR should edge this one out in a close game
BW: The Leprechaun vs byronthewellwell: Lep is one of the best BW players and builders, and should be able to pull away a win here

Match of the Week: Averardo vs Lighthouses (SM RU): Seeing these two off the bench is nice and refreshing, as they're two of the most solid SM players in the pool. Diogo has very solid and consistent play, but Averardo is great at bringing good teams and playing those teams to their strengths.

:braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (0) :braviary: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (0) :sandaconda:

SS: Snaga vs GW: GW has been looking spiffy this tour, massive edge since snaga has only been looking ok-ish
SS: Sabella vs Serene Grace: Slight edge to Sabella bc I think he's been playing quite well
SS: Expulso vs Osh: Mainer's edge, I think Expulso should edge this out, though Osh has been looking good
SS: PinkDragonTamer vs Amaroq: PDT has been doing good this tour so I trust he will win this too
SM: Bebo vs roman
SM: ODR vs Haxxsel: ODR is a stellar player and should have no trouble taking a win here
ORAS: banks vs Eternal Spirit: Been a little while since I've seen Gama ORAS, and while it's nothing spectacular, banks has been decent. Small edge
BW: esche vs KW: These two should put on a show, as they're both great BWers and have very solid teams. Small edge to KW though

---------

Overall Match of the Week: Bebo vs roman (SM RU): roman in match of the week again? Well, there's a reason for that. Both roman and Bebo are two of the best SMers in the entire pool, with Bebo boasting a 3-1 record and roman a 4-0. Bebo has been sticking to more traditional teams, and piloting them very well, bringing the famous Ditto-Vaporeon team used to great success in Snake III. roman's surprise pick of scarf Cresselia last week integrated into an otherwise standard balance team demonstrates the level of innovation required to stay at the top of such a competitive pool, and it should be another great SM game worth catching even if you don't follow the meta.

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
10/18

SM: lax vs termi termi's been getting washed
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit kinda torn on this, should be close unless lopsided matchup

SM: Hurtadoo vs rozes better player better teams. there's a chance whatever hurtadoo makes magically fishes a flawless matchup but rozes is more consistent for sure
SM: Finchinator vs Ark finch is better, ark has cool teams. finch should win

SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses both off the bench i believe? diogo probably edges out avedo in playing ability but his teams are kinda bad
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko lol

finch ark / ave diogo hl

skipped out on predicts last week cause i was lazy. i cannot sleep however so i will do them this time

SS: Feliburn vs mael - feliburn has been on fire this tour and i don't really expect him to stop here
SS: pokeisfun vs TheFranklin - haven't seen too much of franklin in ss but i think he'll be at least competent. however pif is a massive chad
SS: GoldCat vs Star - goldcat got his first win last week, and star's been on a downward trend, but i'll trust him if he manages to get in a solid team
SS: Meru vs Lilburr - obviously i gotta root for meru here. obviously. he played pretty solid vs me last week and i rate him highly as a player though i'm biased in that regard. lilburr has been continuing a solid tour but i think if meru preps well and his provider doesnt cuck him again then he's favored
SM: lax vs termi - i actually don't remember if termi played last week. i like both a lot but my gut is telling me lax will take this one
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit - rabbit has more experience here and will probably run something to catch ima off guard regardless of whatever crazy ass play he throws at rabbit to try to get ahead
ORAS: Ajna vs Gefahrlicher Random - even if ajna's team tour record has been not doing well recently, he's an all time great in this tier and knows it like the back of his hand. i don't think this is lopsided at all however so it will be interesting for sure
BW: Accelgor vs Bobby Dagen - can't really deny rodri at this point. was a skeptic beforehand, mostly in that i wasn't sure whether he'd really show up to his games, but he's been really good, so based on this and his performance in other tours he should take this

SS: Garay oak vs TonyFlygon - this is like the fourth week in a row that garay has gotten a snerk matchup. i like it in that the games are exciting but i dislike it for the prediction posts because bolding either just doesn't feel right.
SS: gorex vs Luthier - i didn't really watch the latter half of luthier's game last week, apparently he got lucked which sucks. just don't use duraludong this time
SS: yeezyknows vs Pepeduce - similar to rodri it's hard to predict against pepeduce. yeezy has put in a good amount of effort into this tour but pepe hasn't really missed a beat
SS: Yay vs Tzar Obi Gun - yay has been doing well but i haven't been paying too much attention to his games so i can't really make a read im comfy with here. can go either way since i don't really see bugzi as someone that misplays that much
SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses - good to see both of these back in the tour. i have a bit more faith in the Rard rn but i'm rooting for both to have a good game here
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko - thinking about arifeen games makes me do the soy face to hide my disdain from dead 2018 memes
ORAS: TSR vs Santu - both have a strong handle and are doing well so meh
BW: The Leprechaun vs byronthewellwell - i was definitely doubtful of the r1 lep but he has come through. will be close but lep has more of a history and will probably care a bit more

SS: Snaga vs GW - biased predict though both are like similar ish in "quality" in the tier. gw seems like the tryhard type but snaga is a good builder
SS: Sabella vs Serene Grace - uh idk really. wouldnt be too surprised to see serene win cause i think he has less of a chance for mistakes. guts telling me to bold sabella but i have a stomach ache rn
SS: Expulso vs Osh - osh is probably the better player BUT expulso seems hungry
SS: PinkDragonTamer vs Amaroq - amaroq's been kinda slipping after some unlucky moments but i think if he manages to motivate himself again he can take this
SM: Bebo vs roman - fuck this game. i really hate seeing roman win in all honesty. you just kind of want him to lose because you feel like it would fit the plot but it doesn't happen. if there's any week for it to happen it'll be this one but he'll probably get lucky somehow. unfortunately no one on bebo's team i can see being mad so if roman tries to bait post win it won't be interesting
SM: ODR vs Haxxsel - haxxsel is pretty alright but well i'm drowning in odr kool aid or whatever
ORAS: banks vs Eternal Spirit - now that it's a new week i'm not mad at gama anymore for that absolutely fucking heinous pu game last week. i'm guessing llamas wanted to switch it up or is busy hence the benching. banks might be able to handle gama's play but it'll be relatively close
BW: esche vs KW - both have been on a downward trend i think. however the last time this matchup happened it resulted in one of the most eye gouging games i've ever seen. esche is a chill dude and as such probably is in a new mindset after that traumatizing experience so i will give it to him

sensei axew

i’m not a stop along the way, i’m a destination
is a Community Contributoris a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (3) :mudsdale: vs :heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (5) :heliolisk:

SS: Feliburn vs mael - feli's been flames (especially after bringing appletun)
SS: pokeisfun vs TheFranklin - interesting MU but I think arce has the edge here
SS: GoldCat vs Star - i was really happy that GoldCat picked up his first dub last week but nonetheless I do value Star a bit more as a player
SS: Meru vs Lilburr - i literally did !pick because this MU is insanely close
SM: lax vs termi - love termi but lax has been solid this tour and termi's just been decent
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit - this one will be close but I've always thought Rabbit was a v solid player in SM
ORAS: Ajna vs Gefahrlicher Random - i mean in theory Ajna should win but like idk...
BW: Accelgor vs Bobby Dagen - accel has bounced back after a mediocre start but Bobby is 4-0 and has had some really good showings

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (5) :steelix: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (3) :nidoqueen:

SS: Garay oak vs TonyFlygon - tony fall's victim to !pick
SS: gorex vs Luthier - godrex
SS: yeezyknows vs Pepeduce - okay both of these players have been so good this tour but I mean Pepe is 4-0 and it's not like he's had it easy either, but yeezy can definitely pull this as well (especially if he brings haunter the goat)
SS: Yay vs Tzar Obi Gun - every damn week I forget that bugzi's names are scrambled so I'm always like who the flying fuck is this!! anyway, yay should be the favored player here
SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses - i would !pick this battle too but diogo always harasses me for bad predicts so I'm going to bold Avedo here for being slightly less mean
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko - um feen is 0-2 so like lol...
ORAS: TSR vs Santu - santu should be the favored player here, but TSR has been pretty good so wouldn't shock me if he took this one
BW: The Leprechaun vs byronthewellwell - byron's on a downward path and Lep has been quite the opposite

:braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (5) :braviary: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (3) :sandaconda:

SS: Snaga vs GW - the warrior absolutely smashed me last week, let's see if he can keep it up
SS: Sabella vs Serene Grace - tbh Sabella hasn't been all that impressive, very minor edge
SS: Expulso vs Osh - bolding Expulsoat ofc
SS: PinkDragonTamer vs Amaroq - expulso really put this man on a curse and made him lose 3 weeks in a row when he said "in new york, i amaroq" like lol wtf. nonetheless, still more of a believer in amaroq
SM: Bebo vs roman - roman's the ru subforum Hercules
SM: ODR vs Haxxsel - kind of hard not to bold the best new RU player even though he doesnt even play SS RU that much ROFO
ORAS: banks vs Eternal Spirit - gama's been pretty good, but i've got an irk that banks will take this one
BW: esche vs KW - esche should take this one if he doesn't get miltank'd again

lighthouses if ur out there im sorry. i never meant to hurt you. ive been a massive fool and i regret my actions from the bottom of my heart. please tell me you can forgive me. u have to be strong and make it through this for both of us. im coming home i swear. please dont make us sub in mannat
Mannat im sorry i didnt realise it was ur birthday today. fuck lighthouses ur the true love of my life

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANNAT

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
skipped out on predicts last week cause i was lazy. i cannot sleep however so i will do them this time

SS: Feliburn vs mael - feliburn has been on fire this tour and i don't really expect him to stop here
SS: pokeisfun vs TheFranklin - haven't seen too much of franklin in ss but i think he'll be at least competent. however pif is a massive chad
SS: GoldCat vs Star - goldcat got his first win last week, and star's been on a downward trend, but i'll trust him if he manages to get in a solid team
SS: Meru vs Lilburr - obviously i gotta root for meru here. obviously. he played pretty solid vs me last week and i rate him highly as a player though i'm biased in that regard. lilburr has been continuing a solid tour but i think if meru preps well and his provider doesnt cuck him again then he's favored
SM: lax vs termi - i actually don't remember if termi played last week. i like both a lot but my gut is telling me lax will take this one
SM: ima vs Alpha Rabbit - rabbit has more experience here and will probably run something to catch ima off guard regardless of whatever crazy ass play he throws at rabbit to try to get ahead
ORAS: Ajna vs Gefahrlicher Random - even if ajna's team tour record has been not doing well recently, he's an all time great in this tier and knows it like the back of his hand. i don't think this is lopsided at all however so it will be interesting for sure
BW: Accelgor vs Bobby Dagen - can't really deny rodri at this point. was a skeptic beforehand, mostly in that i wasn't sure whether he'd really show up to his games, but he's been really good, so based on this and his performance in other tours he should take this

SS: Garay oak vs TonyFlygon - this is like the fourth week in a row that garay has gotten a snerk matchup. i like it in that the games are exciting but i dislike it for the prediction posts because bolding either just doesn't feel right.
SS: gorex vs Luthier - i didn't really watch the latter half of luthier's game last week, apparently he got lucked which sucks. just don't use duraludong this time
SS: yeezyknows vs Pepeduce - similar to rodri it's hard to predict against pepeduce. yeezy has put in a good amount of effort into this tour but pepe hasn't really missed a beat
SS: Yay vs Tzar Obi Gun - yay has been doing well but i haven't been paying too much attention to his games so i can't really make a read im comfy with here. can go either way since i don't really see bugzi as someone that misplays that much
SM: Averardo vs Lighthouses - good to see both of these back in the tour. i have a bit more faith in the Rard rn but i'm rooting for both to have a good game here
SM: Arifeen vs Jaajgko - thinking about arifeen games makes me do the soy face to hide my disdain from dead 2018 memes
ORAS: TSR vs Santu - both have a strong handle and are doing well so meh
BW: The Leprechaun vs byronthewellwell - i was definitely doubtful of the r1 lep but he has come through. will be close but lep has more of a history and will probably care a bit more

SS: Snaga vs GW - biased predict though both are like similar ish in "quality" in the tier. gw seems like the tryhard type but snaga is a good builder
SS: Sabella vs Serene Grace - uh idk really. wouldnt be too surprised to see serene win cause i think he has less of a chance for mistakes. guts telling me to bold sabella but i have a stomach ache rn
SS: Expulso vs Osh - osh is probably the better player BUT expulso seems hungry
SS: PinkDragonTamer vs Amaroq - amaroq's been kinda slipping after some unlucky moments but i think if he manages to motivate himself again he can take this
SM: Bebo vs roman - fuck this game. i really hate seeing roman win in all honesty. you just kind of want him to lose because you feel like it would fit the plot but it doesn't happen. if there's any week for it to happen it'll be this one but he'll probably get lucky somehow. unfortunately no one on bebo's team i can see being mad so if roman tries to bait post win it won't be interesting
SM: ODR vs Haxxsel - haxxsel is pretty alright but well i'm drowning in odr kool aid or whatever
ORAS: banks vs Eternal Spirit - now that it's a new week i'm not mad at gama anymore for that absolutely fucking heinous pu game last week. i'm guessing llamas wanted to switch it up or is busy hence the benching. banks might be able to handle gama's play but it'll be relatively close
BW: esche vs KW - both have been on a downward trend i think. however the last time this matchup happened it resulted in one of the most eye gouging games i've ever seen. esche is a chill dude and as such probably is in a new mindset after that traumatizing experience so i will give it to him
won a turn 1 speed tie that probs decided it, gg wp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)