Tournament Ubers Premier League VIII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the eighth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules.

Tournament Standings and Records

severimagehooh.png

Dapper Dracovish (6) vs. Heavy Duty Ho-Ohs (2)

SS: cromagnet vs. Nalei
SS: Icemaster vs. Shuwri
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Lopunny Kicks
ORAS: orch vs. dream
BW: Carl Murray vs. watashi
DPP: absdaddy vs. Melle2402
ADV: hs vs. Finchinator
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. lax

Defiant Durians (2) vs. Delta Rayquazas (6)

SS: Skysolo vs. Goat Heart ♥
SS: TonyFlygon vs. Jaajgko
USM: Catalystic vs. Leru
ORAS: Duncajuwon vs. CKW
BW: Kebabe vs. Chill Shadow
DPP: Hamhamhamhamham vs. TSR
ADV: The Kyle vs. Aishia
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): TDK vs. Garay oak

Manly Melmetal (4) vs. Choice Bandits (4)

SS: Fogbound Lake vs. crucify
SS: Fc04 vs. Rhmsitb
USM: Sharow vs. Hugo Barrington
ORAS: fourmi vs. Dominatio
BW: PROBLEMS vs. Endill
DPP: Tomahawk vs. Lord Thorx
ADV: Corazan vs. squinn
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): KyogreF4N vs. Zesty43

DaReal Drizzlers (2) vs. Devastating Dialgas (6)

SS: TrueNora vs. Reje
SS: Ballfire vs. 100%GXE
USM: Perry vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: default0 vs. loving1096
BW: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Hack
DPP: Staxi vs. Manaphy
ADV: l'habitat vs. Heysup
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): SiTuM vs. March Fires

Deadline is July 12th at 11:59 PM PDT

Last edited:
ill get this shit started with some predicts I suppose

SS: Icemaster vs. Shuwri: two of the more touted ss players coming into upl. I am a bit more familiar with ice from his Ag background, and have hi hopes he keeps rolling this tour. Despite whuwri making the finals of ULT I'm gonna have to go with ice :wasowski:
BO3 TDK vs. Garay oak: I thought it may take a week or two for TDK to get into the swing of things with ss that was not the case. My expectations are that TDK has as good if not a better showing this upl than last after his week 1, however predicting against garay would be silly until he gives a reason to HL of the week imo.
SS: Skysolo vs. Goat Heart ♥: I know goat plays a lot of ss, and thats why I'm gonna give him the edge here because I'm not entirely sure how much solo has played. Both guys are great players though and id rather see them in bo3 but :[.
ORAS: default0 vs. loving1096: I watched a lot of lovings games from his cup run and I am a fan. Anyone who wield ditto almost every game is good in my book. On the other side we have another Ag guy default. This dude beat me with special mmx once with low kick he uses insane stuff. If his team lets him use what he wants I'm gonna give him the edge here but expect two very cool teams.

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Almost all of these sets will be good. Too bad we don't have time to watch them all.
Very biased, low-effort predicts from the bench:

SS: cromagnet vs. dice
SS: Icemaster vs. Shuwri
USM: Eternal Spirit vs. Lopunny Kicks
ORAS: ORCH vs. DREAM
BW: Carl Murray vs. watashi
DPP: absdaddy vs. Melle2402
ADV: hs vs. Finchinator
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): PurpleGatorade vs. lax
SS: Skysolo vs. Goat Heart ♥
SS: TonyFlygon vs. Jaajgko
USM: Catalystic vs. Leru
ORAS: Duncajuwon vs. CKW
DPP: Hamhamhamhamham vs. TSR
ADV: The Kyle vs. Aishia
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): TDK vs. Garay oak
SS: TrueNora vs. Reje
SS: Ballfire vs. 100%GXE
USM: Perry vs. HunterStorm
ORAS: default0 vs. loving1096
BW: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Hack
DPP: Staxi vs. Manaphy
ADV: l'habitat vs. Heysup
BO3 (SS | USM | ORAS): SiTuM vs. March Fires

If I had the time, I would want to watch most of these just to see how they would pan out. Lots of tossups in this that I had to guess at / find very fringe reasoning for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)