Resource SS UU Creative and Underrated Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Approved by A Cake Wearing A Hat | OP largely stolen from Amane Misa

Huge thanks to A Cake Wearing A Hat for contributing this lovely banner!

Welcome to UU Creative and Underrated Sets! This project will be used for sharing effective yet non-standard or uncommon sets for any viable Pokemon in SS UU. There will be an archive for sets the community posts that are particularly effective or outside of the box. Here are some guidelines for posting sets in this thread:

What constitutes an underrated and/or creative moveset?
  • Creative Movesets would be those that are:
  1. Not commonly seen on the ladder whatsoever.
  2. It successfully pulls off a role and is not strictly outclassed by others.
  3. It takes advantage of metagame trends.
  4. It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
  5. It has had some success (sufficient testing/replays).
  • Underrated Movesets would be those that are:
  1. Somewhat common but still under-utilized despite being effective choices in the current metagame.
  2. Underrated sets are meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
What are some things that constitute a gimmick?
  1. Movesets that are highly inconsistent.
  2. Unviable Pokémon.
  3. Movesets that are inferior and ineffective compared to existing movesets, or use an obscure move for the sake of hitting an even more obscure check or counter.
Thread Rules:
  1. NO GIMMICKS. They don't add any positives to the discussion and only derail the thread. These posts may be subject to being deleted.
  2. Explain a little as to what your set does and how it accomplishes its goal.
  3. Dumping multiple sets at once is perfectly acceptable as long as all are well explained.
  4. Replays are not required, but are encouraged whenever possible. Make sure if you use replays, they aren't low on ladder and adequately reflect the niche of the set you're posting.
  5. Be nice.
Posts that don't follow these rules will be deleted, so please try to keep them in mind.

Happy posting!

Last edited:
Time to post the ever classic defensive pivot flygon
Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Above set is somewhat intriguing to be honest although I would run a lot more Speed so your EQ can check and counter more things like Roserade and Darmanitan. I’m thinking of using him on stall so the momentum U-Turn provides might be as useful as Toxic or something...

Another Defogger:
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Scald

Chandell mentioned in a post how Mantine was a pretty bad Pokemon right now because it didn’t properly counter Darmanitan nor Cobalion.

Investing a lot more in SpD sort of acknowledges Chandell’s point (although still you’re a very soft response to them) and lets you tackle other attackers instead - especially Roserade with Air Slash, NP Lucario (which you beat more reliably now), Chandelure (although CM can beat you if you try to counter it), and Venusaur (although you probably want more SpD for that to avoid 2HKO by Sludge Bomb).
The EVs are random, I just wanted to see the Defense stat over 200.

You’re still a decent check to a few physical attackers by typing, mainly Golisipod. That’s important since you can now switch in two common Spikers - Golisipod and Roserade.

overall I wouldn’t say Mantine is a “good” Pokemon but I’m trying to give it some life and by putting it on a stall I made I know for certain this set is viable, at least as much as the standard physically defensive Toxic sets.

Sorry I shouldn’t have misled anyone - Venusaur is always going to 2HKO with boosted Sludge Bomb so there’s a good chance it can beat you one on one in Sun, let alone countering it

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
So maybe this is not underrated but I haven't seen it much on ladder and I think most of the people that have played vs it will consider it a problem.

Blastoise @ White Herb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Now before I begin I will admit i stole the idea from Updated Kanto who used something similar in smogon premier league.I dont think this set needs adamant nature but it deff provides some pop and there's not much I can think of that you don't out speed besides some niche scarfers like espeon. The best part about this set is substitute. Being able to sub on rotom volt switch and then grab a kill is super helpful in positioning. The other thing that I found great about this set is that it also allows you to get control when you get torrent to a degree. Enjoy.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Very much approve of that Blastoise set an SS Blastoise in general^^

I've been using a couple different Celebi sets:

celeri (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpD / 156 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

celeri (Celebi) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

The first one is a specially defensive set that can serve as a surprisingly good check to Toxtricity - you out speed it and do 88.9% minimum with Psychic. If you pair this with something that can easily absorb Sludge Wave and Boomburst (Copperjah, Bronzong, any decently defensive Ghost or Steel type or Gigalith) then you're pretty set defensively against it. Something like Copperjah by itself wouldn't work because Overdrive does too much. You can also lure Roserade who thinks you're slow/not using Psychic/scared of Sludge Bomb. Surprisingly, you can keep SR up against Defog Noivern if they do not run a Flying STAB:

252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Celebi: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 3.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Celebi: 144-169 (35.6 - 41.8%) -- 84.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Celebi: 243-287 (60.1 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Celebi: 307-361 (75.9 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you really want to maximize special bulk while also outspeeding Timid Toxtricity, you can run 116 HP and 244 SpD Calm with the rest in Speed.

The physically defensive set can beat most Fighting types, particularly Pangoro, which you out speed and do 94% minimum with Dazzling Gleam so you OHKO after SR. Unfortunately Pangoro can still Gunk Shot you and Sir Fetched has First Impression/Brave Bird) but otherwise you're doing quite well, especially if you can fit yourself a Sylveon partner (Weezing Galarian also works but becomes very redundant, Sylveon is also sadly vulnerable to Gunk Shot).

THE KING ITSELF

1588272008150.png

Bewear @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Iron Head

I legit have no words to describe this Pokemon. A bit of speed to creep defensive sylveon

Let me give you some calcs

252+ Atk Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 236 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 184-217 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after poison damage

252+ Atk Golisopod Liquidation vs. 236 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 62-73 (14 - 16.5%) -- 26.3% chance to 4HKO after poison damage

+6 252 Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Liquidation vs. 236 HP / 252+ Def Fluffy Bewear: 258-305 (58.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage

This is an amazong physical wall and can really handle alot of common mons bar fire types to which you can pair this with like Quag or Vaporeon to help wish this back.

Im still experimenting with this but felt I had to share this to help people who were like me struggling with certain physical overload.

I don't know whether this really counts as creative and/or underrated, but I've been having some success with a defensive spread Calm Mind Necrozma instead of the SpA/Spe spread shown on smogon:

Necrozma @ Leftovers/Weakness Policy
Bold Nature
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave/Earth Power
- Moonlight

I tried leftovers(since they in principle should be better on a defensive mon), but with the ubiquity of knock off, weakness policy still performed better overall. Even if you switch out and in, you're rarely worse off since it's usually a knock off and not really something else that's triggering it. The nice thing with this set is that it can switch into many popular physical attackers in UU and easily heal up, unlike the aggressive spread that can't be used for the purpose of walling certain mons. but it also still serves as a late-game sweeper as well. This set also really appreciates heal bell support because it can be weak to toxic otherwise.

Most notably compared to the aggressive spread, with a defensive spread, heavy-duty boots Golisopod even becomes setup-bait instead of being able to rkill necrozma.

Some Calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Sirfetch'd Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 192-226 (48.2 - 56.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Machamp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 186-220 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 168-199 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Note that the Knock Off calcs are before you lost your item, so you can wall them easily afterwards.
Even with Choice Band, Golisopod can't rkill reliably, Necrozma needs to be <75% HP:

252+ Atk Choice Band Golisopod First Impression vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 253-298 (63.5 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Same calc for the regular calm mind spread:

252+ Atk Choice Band Golisopod First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 351-414 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Against Darmanitan, defensive spread is also arguably better unless you already got the Automatize/Rock Polish off on the aggressive spread sucessfully and you're already at +1 at least, since even with minimal chip dmg it might already kill you w/o choice band or definitely kill you with it:

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Necrozma: 265-313 (79.1 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Necrozma: 399-469 (119.1 - 140%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs the defensive spread:

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma: 193-228 (48.4 - 57.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Necrozma: 288-339 (72.3 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Against the Scarf or Heavy Duty Boots set, with the defensive spread you don't need any boosts, you can just heal up repeatedly instead of using attacks because it kills itself in just a few hits, while you only get something like 3% dmg per hit on average after the heal (with leftovers, you can actually wall it completely). Choice Band Darmanitan is tricky if you aren't at +2 for the OHKO(usually from weakness policy), but it seems much rarer and it's tricky for the aggressive spread as well if, as said, Necrozma isn't at +1 at least already AND has rock polish online. The biggest problem for the defensive spread is imo fast tricks, for example from gardevoir.

Overall, I like the aggressive spread + rock polish more for screens teams, but the defensive spread + moon light fits imo much better on balanced teams with heal bell support since it doesn't mind switching in and out repeatedly while staying healthy and still retaining the possibility of a late-game sweep. For the team I was playing it helped me a lot specifically against some common physical fighting types that I was struggling against otherwise, and it seemed to catch people off-guard surprisingly often.
You might want to speed creep some mons at the cost of some def points, but I'm not sure how much it's worth it considering that a lot of these calcs are pretty close to 50% dmg, so there is not much room left.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Been trying out this boy and will add details later.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

While most people will probably opt to use marvel scale, I have found this set to be pretty potent if coupled with heal bell. Getting the boost from webs, parting shot and defog it does a good job of punishing removal so pairing it with hazards is also pretty essential to get the most out of it. Toxic for the opposing fat walls like milo and other bulky waters.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Meet the ultimate stall killer.

:ss/silvally-steel:
Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Grass Pledge
- Work Up

Yes, you're looking at the set correctly. This was born in a tutoring session where Expulso said "fairies are annoying" and I said "bet" and we decided to use Steelvally. He then came up with this crackhead concoction. It has enough speed for Roserade, enough SpA to 2HKO Doublade with Flamethrower from full, and that same SpA benchmarks also happens to be the perfect amount needed to OHKO Gastrodon at +1 and to OHKO Quagsire after rocks. You could use Thunderbolt over Grass Pledge if you hate Mantine but that's nowhere near as hilarious.

This is the team we used it on. It didn't get much testing, but I beat SOMALIA on the ladder with it and we laughed about it OHKOing his Quag for a bit afterwards. Super cool guy btw, hope he manages to qualify for UULT.
I'll probably post more stuff here later btw. I have a lot of heat from UUPL that I never got to bring and this is the perfect place to dump it.

Sabella

formerly Booty
Meet the ultimate stall killer.

:ss/silvally-steel:
Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Grass Pledge
- Work Up

Yes, you're looking at the set correctly. This was born in a tutoring session where Expulso said "fairies are annoying" and I said "bet" and we decided to use Steelvally. He then came up with this crackhead concoction. It has enough speed for Roserade, enough SpA to 2HKO Doublade with Flamethrower from full, and that same SpA benchmarks also happens to be the perfect amount needed to OHKO Gastrodon at +1 and to OHKO Quagsire after rocks. You could use Thunderbolt over Grass Pledge if you hate Mantine but that's nowhere near as hilarious.

This is the team we used it on. It didn't get much testing, but I beat SOMALIA on the ladder with it and we laughed about it OHKOing his Quag for a bit afterwards. Super cool guy btw, hope he manages to qualify for UULT.
I'll probably post more stuff here later btw. I have a lot of heat from UUPL that I never got to bring and this is the perfect place to dump it.
Very dope set. Been wondering what kinda mixed set could be run on this guy. Steelvally has a nice speed tier and some power w multi attack. being able to hit quag/rhyp/rotom/zong all in one set is amazing.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
snekky snek (Milotic) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Coil
- Toxic
- Recover

confit nez showed me this set although I'm not sure if they thought of it or someone else.

It can eat up a lot of the Sylveon balances these days because Sylveon + Steel (Bronzong/Copperjah/non SD Esca) + Noivern + Arcanine/Incineroar + Water (opposing Milotic, Golisipod, non NP Rotom-W) can't touch you at all. And you beat plenty of their fillers too like Pangoro with some boosts. Obviously you can't touch Doublade which sucks and can't beat SD Cobalion which also sucks (well you can technically beat Cobalion, especially since they don't immediately switch in). Besides Doublade, the other bad thing is the constant chip damage from Burn but it's really worth it still, you can still easily set up on say Scarf Gardevoir:

252 SpA Gardevoir Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic: 93-111 (23.6 - 28.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Basically you can win on MU sometimes:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1111582479-597vnw1c7ddicrogcl27f3v662n2vr9pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1110318120

And you can even beat NP Rotom technically if it has to rely on Volt Switch

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1110419707

Definitely a good set, no doubt in my mind, it just looks weird.

Taunt + Fang Noivern

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash/Flame/Draco
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Roost

I've been using this set a bit recently, cause I was bored and I think it has some viability. You basically trade your matchup vs offense to be able to beat mons like Umbreon, defensive Arcanine, Mantine etc. , while also being able to chip stuff like Gigalith, Rhyperior and Steels somewhat reliably. You also take an uninvested Hyper Voice from Sylveon, so staying in on that to taunt isnt even that much of a risk.
Props not the best set, but I think its at least somewhat usable.

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 68 SpD / 84 Spe
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Knock Off

I'd like to share this set of Incineroar that I've been using quite a lot recently (alongside offensive SD + 3 attacks Incineroar). I found this set of Incineroar super useful ; it's basically the basic Incineroar but with Taunt over Will-O-Wisp / Flare Blitz / Overheat. It trades its better match-up vs things like Cobalion, Escavalier or Copperajah to become insanely better vs defensive cores / archetypes. This set is able to almost 6-0 some common stalls on the ladder with just a bit of support. This Incineroar pairs well with Wish support like Sylveon and it's overall a really nice set to use. Taunt shuts down a ton of defensive staples such as Quagsire, Umbreon etc.. As usual, Incineroar still an amazing Pokemon whatever its set is !

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Earthquake

Steelix is one of the more reliable switch-ins to Toxtricity, however I would consider it quite passive in nature, in that it's not difficult to pivot around, or take advantage of. With Iron Defense, Steelix becomes a late game win condition for its team, as well as general pain switching into. Before boosting its defenses it is able to 2HKO Gigalith, Cobalion and Incineroar, as well as chunk Rotom-W switching in. It is able to set-up on Umbreon, Bronzong, Wish Passing Sylveon w/o Mystical Fire etc. and, at +2 defense, is able to 1v1 the tiers Fighting-type Pokemon that may try to deal with Steelix upon switching in.

I'm going to drop some sets here because I never had that much fun building for a tournament like I did with UULT. These are all sets that I happened to build teams with while prepping or that I at least wanted to use at some point.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Pollen Puff
- Earth Power
I feel like this is the best Nasty Plot Celebi set there is if you already have a Pokemon that can deal with bulky waters. Pollen Puff is a hell of a tech since it always allows you to win 1v1s against any other NP Celebi variant, while also beating CM Reuniclus (sometimes even DD) and 2HKOing Umbreon after SR. NP Cele with 3 attacks doesn't need Grass coverage usually and Pollen Puff + Earth Power is great to dismantle the common FWG cores.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Storm
- Stone Edge
- Synthesis
Virizion is a rather unorthodox pick but I feel like this set is a great wallbreaker for some teams that need the extra speed it offers over Celebi and its good coverage. Leaf Storm still OHKOes Rotoms without SpDef investment after SR even with a Timid nature, and the other Water-types can't switch into it anyway, and it's better than Leaf Blade as a nuke overall. Noivern also can't switch into Stone Edge (It's a 6,25% roll to OHKO) and it always roosts, which allows you to KO it with Close Combat. Fighting + Grass is a good coverage in general I think, which makes this set a cool pick for some teams.

Bronzong @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Trick
hs used CB Trick Bronzong during a game for fun and he tricked my Escavalier which... was a menace all game. Then I realized that if it had Choice Specs most of its common switch-ins (Incin, Esca, Doublade etc.) would be lured, which is why this has Choice Specs. Overall it's a pretty fun set, and it worked both times it was used in tour games.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
NP Croaker is pretty nice with the Haze Milo surge and it just stomps slow cores while also not allowing any of the fastest Pokemon to come in safely. Fighting + Poison coverage is also really tough to switch in, and Shadow Ball is used to hit everything that resists it, OHKOing stuff such as Reuniclus, Gardevoir, Doublade, and Chandelure at +2. More of an underrated set than a creative one.

Vikavolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Energy Ball / Bug Buzz
Vikavolt is a honestly an underrated webs setter because it's probably the only one that has bulk to beat Defog Rotom-W and Roost gives it great longevity. It has superb Special Attack and Volt Switch gives it enough momentum to pivot against cleric Sylveon and other special walls that might try to switch into it. I prefer Energy Ball over Bug Buzz because it KOes Rhyperior after some prior damage and OHKOes Gastrodon.

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- Psychic Fangs / Explosion / Defog / Crunch
I feel like many Silvally forms are underrated, but this one in special should be given more attention. After a Swords Dance and at +1, this becomes nearly unstoppable if the opposing Fairy resist is weakened. The last slot is very splashable and I've caught myself opting for Defog several times as an emergency exit against Spikes offense.

Xatu @ Charti Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost
I feel like Xatu is underappreciated outside of screens, especially in Haxorus-less meta because Bronzong becomes much more common. This set allows Xatu to check most Celebi variants while being able to switch into Rhyperior once and threaten it back with Grass Knot. The Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Toxtricity.

Darmanitan @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
Yes, I acknowledge that this is the cheesiest cheese ever, but I guarantee it works. If your opponent has rocks up, you can bluff Scarf against a Pokemon that loses to Scarf Darm, use Belly Drum, and sweep. If there are no rocks, use Substitute and then Belly Drum. Make sure the opponent won't switch directly into Noivern and that they don't have Doublade too, since it's (I think) the only priority that kills it at 25% in the tier.

Last edited:

Sabella

formerly Booty
Another gem I stumbled on building. So prepping for solonor24 for the semis of UULT I noticed he happened to be slightly weak to water types. I picked inteleon to use but i always found choiced sets to be super annoying as they were prediction reliant and consistently momentum sucking if u got the prediction wrong. I also noticed most of the time if I had the ability to change moves it would be way more threatening so I came up with this.

Inteleon @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Nothing really crazy but the ability to switch moves like I said was super nice. It allows you to control the pace of the game differently while still having some great power with mystic water. It also allows you to bluff choiced sets early on in the game, mainly scarf.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8uu-505107

This is the only replay i have with it so far and the freeze kinda distorted the game but you can see how threatening it was to his team regardless and how the ability to switch moves made playing the game very straightforward.

Well that will do it then! Or Red Card maybe for a bit of trolling?

To contribute more to the thread, I've beeb experimenting with Shell Smash Torkoal lately.

Torkoal @ Life Orb
Drought/ Timid
252 S Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 HP
Fire Blast
Shell Smash
Earth Power/Ancient Power
Sludge Bomb/ Solar Beam

Torkoal has enough bulk to get away with a Life Orb, and it resists almost all priority in the tier, thanks to Sun it's effectively neutral to Aqua Jet as well.

It's main problem is that even with a Shell Smash it's pretty slow, but it's insanely powerful. I'll post some calcs when I get a chance, but it 1HKOs a huge chunk of the tier, and 2HKOs the rest.

Last edited:
I wanted to give my child a nice send off, now that Blissey is UU.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire

Tho i have zero replays off me crushing high ladder durring uult.
The main reason i made sub sylv was bc i lost to a sub goro, i thought it looked fun to run random sub on mons.
However i quckly noticed that sub cm sylv hade no checks, at the time Bronzong almost never ran hs and copperjah got 2koed with rocks upp
+1 252+ SpA Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Copperajah: 218-258 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The only treat to sylv was coba but that was only if sub was down.

This might be a shit explanation but realy all you hade to do was sub up on vern, sylv or zong (bc it never ran hs) and they lost.

Idk how underrated sub cm sylv is now so feel free to remove my post.

After doing the SS uu research Week with Hatterene, i was to post my set here and share my thought on specs hatterene with you.
(it can look like a repost, but I really want to give a maximum of visibility to this set, which I find quite strong)

Hatterene (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

96 in speed allows you to outspeed the classic set of doublade (44 in speed) as well as most Copperajah, Golisopod, Rhyperior.

I'm not going to redo all the calc + explications, you can find them on this post. All I can say is I had a lot of fun with this set.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
1595445368474.png

dark mark (Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

It's more underrated than creative, the only "creative" thing about it is Inner Focus as an ability to stop Jirachi.

You can also make it physically defensive to be a somewhat decent Mamoswine and an even better Krookodile response. HDB might be a decent alternative to Leftovers but Protect + Leftovers is good and you don't have instant recovery

Anyways, there trends are why it's underrated:
  • Screws over Jirachi
  • Counters Polteageist as opposed to Blissey which drops dead to Stored Power after 2 Smashes (yes you can Toxic it but Polteageist is gonna kill Blissey and probs most/all of your team before it dies to Poison), also much better vs Chandelure
  • Wish + Protect beats most Future Sight breaking attacks (you can for example switch in on Slowking as it FS, stay in as it Teleports to Terrakion, then Protect on Terrakion's CC). This is why I don't recommend Moonlight.
  • Weezing-Galarian, while unfortunately it's more common and beats you now, it also makes an amazing partner
Obviously you compete against Blissey, which is better most of the time, but you beat more Physical Attackers and Ghosts. Anyways, it's good in general to prep for Blissey's impending departure.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press / Iron Head / Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Not my set, but it deserves to be in here. Stallbreaker Skarmory is one of my favorite mons this generation, and it's not even a gimmick, which is the best part. Skarmory can still check what it needs to, but can also shut down slow leads, such as Druddigon, as well as take on stall builds by spreading Toxic and Taunting everything that would try to wishpass or heal bell. I prefer Iron Head to better check stuff like Weezing/Sylv but Body Press is more practical. Brave Bird can also be used if you're that scared of Virizion and Roserade for some reason.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155561155-yfjqka4us7a38e7uwz43vdn3z84xkkdpw - Short game but Skarm cucks the lead Drudd and puts it on a timer
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155554821-qc1ba3dw5swp8qneyvgdj928pd80qaqpw - Skarm disrespects several Fire Types that in theory should threaten it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155561815-2dkaeo3fvtk6mni90tjkbbckjybnji7pw - Lost this game cuz my internet just died at the most inconvient time, but still shows how gosh darn annoying this set is for fatty

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press / Iron Head / Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Not my set, but it deserves to be in here. Stallbreaker Skarmory is one of my favorite mons this generation, and it's not even a gimmick, which is the best part. Skarmory can still check what it needs to, but can also shut down slow leads, such as Druddigon, as well as take on stall builds by spreading Toxic and Taunting everything that would try to wishpass or heal bell. I prefer Iron Head to better check stuff like Weezing/Sylv but Body Press is more practical. Brave Bird can also be used if you're that scared of Virizion and Roserade for some reason.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155561155-yfjqka4us7a38e7uwz43vdn3z84xkkdpw - Short game but Skarm cucks the lead Drudd and puts it on a timer
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155554821-qc1ba3dw5swp8qneyvgdj928pd80qaqpw - Skarm disrespects several Fire Types that in theory should threaten it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1155561815-2dkaeo3fvtk6mni90tjkbbckjybnji7pw - Lost this game cuz my internet just died at the most inconvient time, but still shows how gosh darn annoying this set is for fatty
Yep it's been a great taunter for the past few gens.

Just commenting that I'd find Mental Herb as a very attractive option on this, just to turn the tables on opposing faster taunters and possibly toxic something else, since from my experience the opponent often switches out if their taunt lead is on the passive side.

EDIT: Sickist OK yeah lefties is better for this. I just wouldn't personally lead it if I saw Drudd, because on my Drudd teams I use Jolly Drudd with Taunt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)