Team MPL VI - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
MPL PROFILE PICTURE TOP 10 AND BOTTOM 10 LIST

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

View attachment 256825
While I personally find it pretty funny that your profile picture is Zar and his family, It's pretty fucked up of you to dox them like that. so I've decided that this Profile picture belongs in the bottom 10. Maybe this will teach you to be kinder to others and not expose them on the internet. Now with all that being said it's honestly a mediocre avatar even if you ignore all that stuff so you should probably change it anyways.

Fylkir Pudin

View attachment 256826
I probably wasn't even gonna put yours in here but your dumbass wanted to say something stupid like "my avatar is goat haha" so I put it where it belongs, in the fucking trash can. Who even is this kid and why is he your profile picture, Please work this out and then maybe we can talk about changing your spot.

Mateeus
View attachment 256827

How many times have we talked about this mateeus, this bird is so dogass what is wrong with you bro. Starly is cute, staraptor is cool, staravia is like that middle school phase where you yell "fortnite" during class and hope to god someone thinks you're funny. I really don't know what to tell you about this ugly ass bird that you don't already know but please.

le LLiolae
View attachment 256828

It Physically hurt me to put an anime girl in the bottom 10 list but what the fuck am I looking at. A mediocre character who's not centered and isn't even off center in a cute way it's just ugly and looks like you had a stroke while trying to crop it. I don't have much to say other than god it's ugly.

Days for Dabs
View attachment 256829

This one is pretty much in the same boat as Mateeus, A mediocre image of a DOGSHIT Pokemon. I know it's your meme "haha it's good on psychic guys believe me" but like cmon it's not even cute or cool or anything it's just a cat. I hope one day you also come to your senses but I'm doubtful honestly. Anyways good luck this Mpl.

Randompizza
View attachment 256830

LOOOOOOL Sorry bud did you think being on my team was gonna keep you off this list? This is somewhat a shot at your name too but what the fuck bro "randompizza" followed with a a very basic type of pizza, not even a "random" one. I'm truly disgusted and I could throw the fuck up but it's ok I still love you buddy <3

Dieu Amphibien
View attachment 256831

I don't know where the fuck you guys find these nasty ass pictures but this looks like someone spilled coke on their screen while playing Pokemon red, let it sit for a few minutes and then took a picture with a walkie talkie. Please god you chose a good Pokemon why did you pick such an ugly picture to go with that thought.

p2
View attachment 256832

I know this one is like ironic and all or w/e but it's still ugly as fuck and I didn't think it deserves to be left out because "it's a meme", It's honestly just some random ass dude grilling so I'm not really sure what about it I don't like but it's just not pleasing to look at even a little bit.

TheArchitect_
View attachment 256833

This one isn't really as bad as I'm ranking it, but that fucking Pokemon man. Toxtricity looks like a Skylander and I'll never get over it. Ugly ass Pokemon I wish they never released that creature. Not sure whether you thought it'd be cool to be back to back with your boy toxtricity but all I can imagine is you being some goon from a childrens Wii Game with that thing next to you.

dahli

View attachment 256834
You are one nasty bitch aren't you. What the actual fuck is this thing bro are you okay. PeachyClouds I always knew you were a bit of a weirdo but like unironically the profile picture I made you use last year was better than this ugly ass fucking video. you definitely deserve #1 for this shit. I truly hope you seek help because you fucking need it.

Top 10

Chaitanya
View attachment 256835

With an all around aesthetically pleasing profile picture I felt it couldn't really be left out of the top 10. it's been this for as long as I remember and it's a Monotype staple at this point. Not a whole lot to say it's just a good looking profile picture overall.

Bitana
View attachment 256836

This is a great profile picture, it not only shows Bits dedication to the rock type, it does it in a cute and aesthetically pleasing way. I'm personally not a fan of most Rock Types but I respect the grind if nothing else. Keep it up Bitana and stick to your roots.

1 True Lycan
View attachment 256837

I was truthfully conflicted on this as I felt it'd be better as a youtube banner or something, but then I realized that the reason Lycan uses his name as his profile picture is because he's the kind of person who doesn't need an image to be his symbol, his name is a symbol itself. this kinda hit me deep so I decided to move him up from #10 to #8 and now I'm quite fond of his Profile pic. Still gonna thrash him on sunday though.

Averardo
View attachment 256838

Averardo with a super cute profile picture oml. the background and the outfit of the girl fit super well together and I think whoever made it has a good sense in cute things. Overall a well done picture and a good choice for an avatar. Not much else to say, grats Averardo.

Perish Song
View attachment 256839

Despite being a massive bully and killing the hopes and dreams of all the GOATS who coulda gotten onto the Milotics, his profile picture ends up being pretty cute. With a good Color scheme and a cute girl there's really not much to complain about so I don't have much to say

Feitan the steam
View attachment 256840

Feitan with an adorable matching profile picture, with her hair blending in to the background color I love how they did this. A cute anime girl with a colorful/good color scheme background will probably always be good but I'm quite impressed that a gengar has such a cute anime girl profile picture.

DugZa
View attachment 256843

Dugza I honestly don't know how you suddenly started picking cute profile pictures after using the UGLY ASS Cheren avatar for so long, but I'm glad you changed friend. With this you've joined the winning team and now you'll be able to reach levels that were beyond you before. Good luck this Mpl lad.

Prosaic
View attachment 256844

It may not be an anime girl but it is fucking adorable. the sparkles in the back with little Bulbasaur and Pikachu hanging out while Pikachu pats him on the back. It looks like Bulbasaur just went through a tough breakup or maybe someone close to him passed away, overall an adorable profile picture and I'm very glad I drafted some1 with such good taste.

Zukushiku
View attachment 256845

Zukus profile picture is a classic at this point, but that aside it is absolutely ADORABLE. I'm not really the biggest Pikachu fan but god this picture is so cute and it's colors are so well done. I truly hope Zukushiku never changes his profile picture because everytime he wins my heart fills with joy because I get to see this adorable image.

Gondra
View attachment 256846

Gondra my lad I always knew you had good taste since the day lax said "hey Piper why are you using one of gondras old avatars". I literally didn't know who you were but from that day on I knew you had good taste and you proved it once again right here. Shinobu is adorable to start but thne the picture is so cute and OMG I don't know what part to describe. Congrats on having the best Avatar of Mpl 6.

(By the way maroon would normally be on the bottom 10 list but he lost a bet to decem so his profile pic isn't dogass rn)

Congrats to all of you who made it onto the list (good or bad)
since I Made the mistake of giving you this idea let me use the clerkf avatar in piece without sending your weeb army on me tyvm

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. . Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.
(I will not be ranking myself because obvi I think mines the best since I'm using it)

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

View attachment 256825
While I personally find it pretty funny that your profile picture is Zar and his family, It's pretty fucked up of you to dox them like that. so I've decided that this Profile picture belongs in the bottom 10. Maybe this will teach you to be kinder to others and not expose them on the internet. Now with all that being said it's honestly a mediocre avatar even if you ignore all that stuff so you should probably change it anyways.

Fylkir Pudin

View attachment 256826
I probably wasn't even gonna put yours in here but your dumbass wanted to say something stupid like "my avatar is goat haha" so I put it where it belongs, in the fucking trash can. Who even is this kid and why is he your profile picture, Please work this out and then maybe we can talk about changing your spot.

Mateeus
View attachment 256827

How many times have we talked about this mateeus, this bird is so dogass what is wrong with you bro. Starly is cute, staraptor is cool, staravia is like that middle school phase where you yell "fortnite" during class and hope to god someone thinks you're funny. I really don't know what to tell you about this ugly ass bird that you don't already know but please.

le LLiolae
View attachment 256828

It Physically hurt me to put an anime girl in the bottom 10 list but what the fuck am I looking at. A mediocre character who's not centered and isn't even off center in a cute way it's just ugly and looks like you had a stroke while trying to crop it. I don't have much to say other than god it's ugly.

Days for Dabs
View attachment 256829

This one is pretty much in the same boat as Mateeus, A mediocre image of a DOGSHIT Pokemon. I know it's your meme "haha it's good on psychic guys believe me" but like cmon it's not even cute or cool or anything it's just a cat. I hope one day you also come to your senses but I'm doubtful honestly. Anyways good luck this Mpl.

Randompizza
View attachment 256830

LOOOOOOL Sorry bud did you think being on my team was gonna keep you off this list? This is somewhat a shot at your name too but what the fuck bro "randompizza" followed with a a very basic type of pizza, not even a "random" one. I'm truly disgusted and I could throw the fuck up but it's ok I still love you buddy <3

Dieu Amphibien
View attachment 256831

I don't know where the fuck you guys find these nasty ass pictures but this looks like someone spilled coke on their screen while playing Pokemon red, let it sit for a few minutes and then took a picture with a walkie talkie. Please god you chose a good Pokemon why did you pick such an ugly picture to go with that thought.

p2
View attachment 256832

I know this one is like ironic and all or w/e but it's still ugly as fuck and I didn't think it deserves to be left out because "it's a meme", It's honestly just some random ass dude grilling so I'm not really sure what about it I don't like but it's just not pleasing to look at even a little bit.

TheArchitect_
View attachment 256833

This one isn't really as bad as I'm ranking it, but that fucking Pokemon man. Toxtricity looks like a Skylander and I'll never get over it. Ugly ass Pokemon I wish they never released that creature. Not sure whether you thought it'd be cool to be back to back with your boy toxtricity but all I can imagine is you being some goon from a childrens Wii Game with that thing next to you.

dahli

View attachment 256834
You are one nasty bitch aren't you. What the actual fuck is this thing bro are you okay. PeachyClouds I always knew you were a bit of a weirdo but like unironically the profile picture I made you use last year was better than this ugly ass fucking video. you definitely deserve #1 for this shit. I truly hope you seek help because you fucking need it.

Top 10

Chaitanya
View attachment 256835

With an all around aesthetically pleasing profile picture I felt it couldn't really be left out of the top 10. it's been this for as long as I remember and it's a Monotype staple at this point. Not a whole lot to say it's just a good looking profile picture overall.

Bitana
View attachment 256836

This is a great profile picture, it not only shows Bits dedication to the rock type, it does it in a cute and aesthetically pleasing way. I'm personally not a fan of most Rock Types but I respect the grind if nothing else. Keep it up Bitana and stick to your roots.

1 True Lycan
View attachment 256837

I was truthfully conflicted on this as I felt it'd be better as a youtube banner or something, but then I realized that the reason Lycan uses his name as his profile picture is because he's the kind of person who doesn't need an image to be his symbol, his name is a symbol itself. this kinda hit me deep so I decided to move him up from #10 to #8 and now I'm quite fond of his Profile pic. Still gonna thrash him on sunday though.

Averardo
View attachment 256838

Averardo with a super cute profile picture oml. the background and the outfit of the girl fit super well together and I think whoever made it has a good sense in cute things. Overall a well done picture and a good choice for an avatar. Not much else to say, grats Averardo.

Perish Song
View attachment 256839

Despite being a massive bully and killing the hopes and dreams of all the GOATS who coulda gotten onto the Milotics, his profile picture ends up being pretty cute. With a good Color scheme and a cute girl there's really not much to complain about so I don't have much to say

Feitan the steam
View attachment 256840

Feitan with an adorable matching profile picture, with her hair blending in to the background color I love how they did this. A cute anime girl with a colorful/good color scheme background will probably always be good but I'm quite impressed that a gengar has such a cute anime girl profile picture.

DugZa
View attachment 256843

Dugza I honestly don't know how you suddenly started picking cute profile pictures after using the UGLY ASS Cheren avatar for so long, but I'm glad you changed friend. With this you've joined the winning team and now you'll be able to reach levels that were beyond you before. Good luck this Mpl lad.

Prosaic
View attachment 256844

It may not be an anime girl but it is fucking adorable. the sparkles in the back with little Bulbasaur and Pikachu hanging out while Pikachu pats him on the back. It looks like Bulbasaur just went through a tough breakup or maybe someone close to him passed away, overall an adorable profile picture and I'm very glad I drafted some1 with such good taste.

Zukushiku
View attachment 256845

Zukus profile picture is a classic at this point, but that aside it is absolutely ADORABLE. I'm not really the biggest Pikachu fan but god this picture is so cute and it's colors are so well done. I truly hope Zukushiku never changes his profile picture because everytime he wins my heart fills with joy because I get to see this adorable image.

Gondra
View attachment 256846

Gondra my lad I always knew you had good taste since the day lax said "hey Piper why are you using one of gondras old avatars". I literally didn't know who you were but from that day on I knew you had good taste and you proved it once again right here. Shinobu is adorable to start but thne the picture is so cute and OMG I don't know what part to describe. Congrats on having the best Avatar of Mpl 6.

(By the way maroon would normally be on the bottom 10 list but he lost a bet to decem so his profile pic isn't dogass rn)

07FE43C8-0168-4123-A676-38C1C8907223.png

Dieu Amphibien

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor

Hello Hello Hello! What's up gamers welcome to the show you've all been waiting for. I'm gonna go ahead and start by listing off the Bottom 10 Profile pics in this MPL, and after that I'll get to the top 10. Now I'd like to say I'm gonna try my best to not just add cute anime girls for the entire top 10 but it's pretty hard as they tend to be the best. . Good Luck to you all I hope you rank highly.
(I will not be ranking myself because obvi I think mines the best since I'm using it)

BOTTOM 10

Harpp

View attachment 256825

Fylkir Pudin

View attachment 256826

Mateeus
View attachment 256827

le LLiolae
View attachment 256828

Days for Dabs
View attachment 256829

Randompizza
View attachment 256830

Dieu Amphibien
View attachment 256831

p2
View attachment 256832

TheArchitect_
View attachment 256833

dahli

View attachment 256834

Top 10

Chaitanya
View attachment 256835

Bitana
View attachment 256836

1 True Lycan
View attachment 256837

Averardo
View attachment 256838

Perish Song
View attachment 256839

Feitan the steam
View attachment 256840

DugZa
View attachment 256843

Prosaic
View attachment 256844

Zukushiku
View attachment 256845

Gondra
View attachment 256846

Do you think that this cute Manetric is better than my Lapras? Cause i can change for you :blobuwu:

1593885055476.png

Days for Dabs

Banned deucer.
Decem: maroon in the h2h for mpl
Decem: if u win
Decem: ill sing brendan urie
Decem: and if we win
Decem: u have to sing kpop
Decem: ?
maroon: i dont know which slot ill play
Decem: no i mean
Decem: our teams
Decem: ..
maroon: o
maroon: ok

Not Brendan Urie but agreed to sing "Watermelon Sugar" by Harry Styles. Man of my word, join Monotype discord VC Monday afternoon PST if you'd like to listen :heart:
Can you unban me from the mono cord

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Namranan

:)))))))))))
New dual interview with Lycan from the honchkrows and Zarif from the bucks. These guys are pretty chill and give interesting answers to otherwise standard questions. Also watch the video to see Zarif trash talk lycan for about 15 minutes. I hope you all enjoy :)

Namranan

:)))))))))))
Milotics text interview.png

Hello Hello Hello everyone! Today I have a text-based interview with Perish Song from the Mirage Island Milotics!

Q: How do you feel about your progress in this tournament so far, anything good? bad?

A: There’s nothing much to comment on here besides saying that our progress overall is very solid, and unexpected for most teams.

Q: How has your team chat been? Without leaking anything would you say the environment is healthy?

A: I couldnt really ask for a better team environment, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful, we get along well and things are going great. We’re super motivated as well.

Q: Which player has surprised you the most so far? Which player has dissapointed the most?

A: I'm mostly surprised by Frnen’s game last week, how he beat a Water team with Fire. I’d like to not answer the other question.

Q: Do you think you can make playoffs? Why?

A: Any team with proper motivation and preparation can make it to the finals, from the looks of it I think I can't really say anything precise. This privilege is open to any team that works hard for it as I believe most teams are very close to each other in terms of potential.

Q: Talk about your teams record.

A: I’d like to think that our team’s record is mostly impressive. We had an unfortunate week last week but overall consistency of team is very well, and from the looks of it we will be able to keep the momentum up.

Q: Which team do you think might be seeing you in finals?

A: The same answer that I posted for playoffs question.

Q: What are your thoughts about how this MPL has been so far? Have the games been great? Bad?

A: If you asked me to predict this MPL with one word, I would pick unpredictable. As for the game quality, it's somewhat inconsistent. There have been games that made me go wtf, there have been games that lasted 7 turns, there have been really good games as well. Overall I think it's pretty entertaining from spectators wise.

Q: What would you say has been your favorite moment of this MPL so far?

A: I will go with Frnen beating Conflux here.

Q: Which metagame has been the most fun for you to build? To watch?

A: I think it's SS. Mainly because the metagame is still Fresh after DLC so there are countless opportunities and undiscovered stuff waiting to make an appearance. I feel like we have yet to discover and I cant wait to find out what people have been experimenting with.

Q: As a manager, how do you feel you have done so far? Anything you could improve on?

A: I just wish I had more time to spend with the team and the tour, the news about my health condition is as opposed to this and I wasn't even able to play first 3 weeks, and I’ll be playing in week 4 from the hospital.

Q: Who has been your favorite player to watch that isn't on your team right now?

A: Floss.

Q: Is managing hard? Do you sometimes struggle to help your team?

A: It's not really difficult when you are paired with someone as motivated as you are and your team is very supportive. Big shoutouts to every Milotic out there. :)

Q: Do you see any potential MVP's in this tournament right now?

A: No, I still think its too early to declare a MVP right now.

Q: Do you have any regrets about your draft right now?

A: My only regret about the draft is the .11 at the end. I still feel bad about the whole situation and I’d like to apologize once again.

Q: How did Urshifu-Rapid Strike affect your SS prep? What was the most annoying thing that it forced you to consider?

A: If you analyze our week 2-3 games, I think you will notice that we either used the mon or used a type that can handle the mon. The strength of Water teams in post dlc is undeniable, so it's safe to say that Rapid Strike was indeed an important influencer.

Q: Any closing remarks?

A: The beginning of the tournament was very entertaining and smooth, I can only hope it stays that way until the end.

Thank you Perish Song for doing this with me, I hope you all enjoy this interview :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)