Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

What would be the correct forum section to create a topic where I share my opinion on how some Pokemon got replaced and therefore that's why they didn't return in Sword and Shield's DLC?

Examples:
:Obstagoon:>:Ursaring:
While it doesn't have the monstrous 130 base Attack Ursaring does, Obstagoon is strong enough to be a great wallbreaker. It also has two strong STABs and a speed tier way more decent than the bear. Therefore GF maybe thought Ursaring wasn't needed.

:Incineroar:>:Houndoom:
Houndoom just can't compete with Incineroar. No need for two Dark/Fire mons.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What would be the correct forum section to create a topic where I share my opinion on how some Pokemon got replaced and therefore that's why they didn't return in Sword and Shield's DLC?

Examples:
:Obstagoon:>:Ursaring:
While it doesn't have the monstrous 130 base Attack Ursaring does, Obstagoon is strong enough to be a great wallbreaker. It also has two strong STABs and a speed tier way more decent than the bear. Therefore GF maybe thought Ursaring wasn't needed.

:Incineroar:>:Houndoom:
Houndoom just can't compete with Incineroar. No need for two Dark/Fire mons.
Perhaps in the NatDex forums? All mons are there including the ones you mention above

I'm trying to download the data from the dex as a csv file (or really any logical database format would work). This site has the most accurate information online from what I can tell, however, I don't know if there's a way to download the dex info, mainly pokemon names, id numbers, and base stats. I've tried looking on other sites, however, their databases are out of date.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I'm trying to download the data from the dex as a csv file (or really any logical database format would work). This site has the most accurate information online from what I can tell, however, I don't know if there's a way to download the dex info, mainly pokemon names, id numbers, and base stats. I've tried looking on other sites, however, their databases are out of date.
You might try smogon's/PS's github. This page seems to have the info you're after. If you view the raw you can format the file for easy download.

Quick Question : If I want to make a thread that’s about Pokémon, but not in the official games, do I put it in Orange Islands or Congregation of the Masses?

There is currently no way (that I can tell anyway) to put text below a table if the table was created on the bottom line break. If you want to put text below a table but realize you've created it on the last line, you must delete the entire table, put in a line break or two, and then remake the entire table from scratch.

I made this table after the text immediately below it.

I wrote this text after the first line, but before the table above it. I didn't HAVE to write this before the table, but I did have to have the line ready.

I wrote this text after creating the table it's in. Try as I might, I cannot write any text below this table, because it was on the bottom line.

There is currently no way (that I can tell anyway) to put text below a table if the table was created on the bottom line break. If you want to put text below a table but realize you've created it on the last line, you must delete the entire table, put in a line break or two, and then remake the entire table from scratch.

I made this table after the text immediately below it.

I wrote this text after the first line, but before the table above it. I didn't HAVE to write this before the table, but I did have to have the line ready.

I wrote this text after creating the table it's in. Try as I might, I cannot write any text below this table, because it was on the bottom line.
You can toggle BBcode off and type the text after [/TABLE].

1594682476220.png
1594682502995.png
1594682443683.png

EDIT: Speaking of BBcode, [plain] lets you show off [B]bbcode[/B] in text, including that same [plain]. Here's a table!

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]wood[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
legs

I agree that it's not an intuitive solution in the simple editor though.

Last edited:
One thing I wish to do sometimes is import multiple teams at once without needing to backup/restore all my teams (which are in an unhelpful format). Is there a way to do this?

Screen reader user here. After coming back to try PS, I noticed that it was screen reader accessible. I've been playing on and off and I've noticed quite a few quirks that hinder my ability to respond as soon as I could. Some even actively disrupting me from selecting an option.
I'm not sure if this is a PS or a screen reader issue. If anyone is willing to help, I can give a list of the issues I've discovered.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Screen reader user here. After coming back to try PS, I noticed that it was screen reader accessible. I've been playing on and off and I've noticed quite a few quirks that hinder my ability to respond as soon as I could. Some even actively disrupting me from selecting an option.
I'm not sure if this is a PS or a screen reader issue. If anyone is willing to help, I can give a list of the issues I've discovered.
PS has an always-ongoing work with screen reader support, but it usually comes down to a lack of personal experience for most to address serious issues with it. The best place to explain the current issues you are facing is probably https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown-client/issues/954, but if you don't have an account (or aren't interested in making one) then you could also post in here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bug-reports-v4-read-original-post-before-posting.3663703 explaining the issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)