Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://discord.gg/rEZS23

Check out our discord server for discussions and updates on the Megas for All metagames!

Hold on, why did I say metagames? That’s because Megas for All will now see an official split between Megas for All OU and Megas for All Ubers. If nerfing a powerful mega won’t work, we will have to resort to a council vote whether or not to ban the suspected mega. Also, Pokemon where at some point they were banned to Ubers and they don’t have a mega, they will be ILLEGAL in Megas for All OU, but they will be LEGAL in Megas for All Ubers. Take Greninja for example. It was banned to Ubers in Gen 6, and Ash-Greninja was banned from NatDex OU in Gen 8, so both Greninja forms’ megas and Ash-Greninja will be illegal in OU but legal in Ubers. Protean Greninja is LEGAL in OU By the way, we are following National Dex’s banlist to decide which Pokémon are legal in OU and which ones are banned. So that means every Pokémon in National Dex’s Banlist will have their megas only legal in Megas for All Ubers. Since there’s no Megas for All AG, there are no bans in Ubers. In fact Ubers isn’t supposed to be a fair and balanced metagame (Looking at You Brokenmons Unchained). So that means the only way to address a broken mega in Megas for All Ubers is to nerf it.

Pardon this long message and have a good day

Hi there! It seems like a lot happened while I wasn't looking at the thread, haha.
A couple of things to say:

kakaks - I would definitely prefer if you didn't give Dragapult Nasty Plot, either! Remember that Dragapult is still an OU-level threat and a powerful special attacker as it is, and it seems like it was carefully balanced around the fact that it can't raise its own Special Attack. In fact, one of its most common sets relies on combining the moves Will-o-Wisp and Hex to boost the power of just one of its special moves, and it has to repeat that process against every opponent it fights. Nasty Plot is a major upgrade from that, boosting the power of all of its special moves by the same amount, but also letting it keep that boost as long as it stays in battle.
In general, I think that giving Dragapult a way to raise its Special Attack at all is a bad idea - it's already a very strong Pokémon that's very carefully balanced, and even if you're careful with the balance of your own Mega Dragapult, there's no guarantee that regular Dragapult won't be broken by the addition. I would be cautious about giving it access to such a powerful boosting move!
EDIT - hey, while you're looking at this... I'm not sure if this is just something I overlooked the first time I read your post or if you just added it in your latest edit, but I don't think I'm okay with giving Shift Gear to Kommo-o, either. Please remove that as well! It does already have Dragon Dance, which I'm sure is more than good enough for your purposes.

I talked to FireByTheReins on the Discord server to explain this already, and they're happy with where their submission ended up and decided not to make any changes, but I also wanted to address the confusion around that submission!

It looks like War Incarnate was confused at first because they only changed two of their Mega Goodra's stats (Defense and Special Attack), so he thought it wasn't complete. However, they actually had followed all of the stat rules and had given it a +100 like they were supposed to do!
But in turn, when War Incarnate asked FireByTheReins to add the other stats, I think thought FireByTheReins thought he meant to add more to all of them in addition to what you already had.
That's why they asked "wdym other stats? you want me to break its stats?" - they had meant to leave the other stats unchanged, but then they thought War Incarnate was telling them their additions so far weren't enough. (And that's why they ended up with a BST of 755 in their next edit, haha.)

But actually, just for the record, the submission where you only changed Defense and Special Attack was just fine! There's even an official Mega Evolution that does the same thing - Mega Slowbro spends all 100 of its points on Defense and Special Attack and doesn't change any other stats. The important thing is just that the additions are balanced, no matter how many or how few stats they affect.
War Incarnate, if someone doesn't make a note of every stat, I think it would be best to assume that they mean to leave them the same as the base form! That's probably where this confusion started - they left them blank instead of writing out that they were the same, and then they just misunderstood you when you tried to point that out.
That said, I also appreciate that War Incarnate pointed out the Ability restrictions! It's always a good idea to read the first post before you try to participate in a thread like this - you would know all about the rules for submissions if you did, and then people wouldn't spend a whole page correcting you, haha.

In any case!! I'm glad that this has all been sorted out and that they're happy with their submission so far. In its current state, this:
Mega Goodra
Mega Stone: Goodrite (for flavor if you will)
Ability: Flame Body
Type: Dragon/Fairy
BST Changes:

HP: N/A
Atk: 100 --> 105
Def: 70 --> 130
SpA: 110 --> 125
SpDef: 150 --> 165
Spe: 80 --> 85

New Moves: Recover, Will-O-Wisp, Stealth Rock, Nasty Plot

Description: Goodra is now a fairly good wall as 90/130/165 is not too bad and now Goodra has access to hazards, a healing move and both Will-O-Wisp and Toxic and can run either one or both but if only 1, it can run an attack like dragon pulse too due to its very decent SpA of 125 and can also be a tank sweeper with Nasty Plot and 3 other attacks to make Mega Goodra's set be unpredictable whether it will wall or sweep and the fairy type, while making it weak to steel and poison, gives it an immunity to dragon and resistance to fighting and it also just fits goodra.
is a totally fine submission by my standards! (As mentioned, I talked to FireByTheReins on the server, and it seems like they want to keep it like this!)
But then it's still worth noting that the one quoted in this post...
Hematite are these stats ok for submission?
is also a valid submission!

Last tiny note:
ImperialGamer517 - Mega Evolved Pokémon other than Rayquaza can't hold items because they have Mega Stones! That's why I asked "are you sure? XP" about yours - it sounded like you expected Mega Goodra to hold a Choice Band or Choice Specs while it was Mega Evolved, but it already has to have a different item!
The user who brought up Mega Rayquaza later wasn't actually asking why Rayquaza was broken - they were trying to say the same thing: that your Goodra wouldn't be holding a Choice Band or Choice Specs, because Rayquaza is an exception among Mega Evolutions, and being that kind of exception turned out to be problematic.
Hopefully that makes more sense now, haha.

Edit:
Thank you so much, DrPumpkinz!! : D
Everyone should go read his post - he explained all of the rules super clearly and effectively, and I think that's a fantastic resource for any new submitters!

Last edited:
Hi there! It seems like a lot happened while I wasn't looking at the thread, haha.
A couple of things to say:

kakaks - I would definitely prefer if you didn't give Dragapult Nasty Plot, either! Remember that Dragapult is still an OU-level threat and a powerful special attacker as it is, and it seems like it was carefully balanced around the fact that it can't raise its own Special Attack. In fact, one of its most common sets relies on combining the moves Will-o-Wisp and Hex to boost the power of just one of its special moves, and it has to repeat that process against every opponent it fights. Nasty Plot is a major upgrade from that, boosting the power of all of its special moves by the same amount, but also letting it keep that boost as long as it stays in battle.
In general, I think that giving Dragapult a way to raise its Special Attack at all is a bad idea - it's already a very strong Pokémon that's very carefully balanced, and even if you're careful with the balance of your own Mega Dragapult, there's no guarantee that regular Dragapult won't be broken by the addition. I would be cautious about giving it access to such a powerful boosting move!

I talked to FireByTheReins on the Discord server to explain this already, and they're happy with where their submission ended up and decided not to make any changes, but I also wanted to address the confusion around that submission!

It looks like War Incarnate was confused at first because they only changed two of their Mega Goodra's stats (Defense and Special Attack), so he thought it wasn't complete. However, they actually had followed all of the stat rules and had given it a +100 like they were supposed to do!
But in turn, when War Incarnate asked FireByTheReins to add the other stats, I think thought FireByTheReins thought he meant to add more to all of them in addition to what you already had.
That's why they asked "wdym other stats? you want me to break its stats?" - they had meant to leave the other stats unchanged, but then they thought War Incarnate was telling them their additions so far weren't enough. (And that's why they ended up with a BST of 755 in their next edit, haha.)

But actually, just for the record, the submission where you only changed Defense and Special Attack was just fine! There's even an official Mega Evolution that does the same thing - Mega Slowbro spends all 100 of its points on Defense and Special Attack and doesn't change any other stats. The important thing is just that the additions are balanced, no matter how many or how few stats they affect.
War Incarnate, if someone doesn't make a note of every stat, I think it would be best to assume that they mean to leave them the same as the base form! That's probably where this confusion started - they left them blank instead of writing out that they were the same, and then they just misunderstood you when you tried to point that out.
That said, I also appreciate that War Incarnate pointed out the Ability restrictions! It's always a good idea to read the first post before you try to participate in a thread like this - you would know all about the rules for submissions if you did, and then people wouldn't spend a whole page correcting you, haha.

In any case!! I'm glad that this has all been sorted out and that they're happy with their submission so far. In its current state, this:

is a totally fine submission by my standards! (As mentioned, I talked to FireByTheReins on the server, and it seems like they want to keep it like this!)
But then it's still worth noting that the one quoted in this post...

is also a valid submission!

Last tiny note:
@ImperialGaming517 - Mega Evolved Pokémon other than Rayquaza can't hold items because they have Mega Stones! That's why I asked "are you sure? XP" about yours - it sounded like you expected Mega Goodra to hold a Choice Band or Choice Specs while it was Mega Evolved, but it already has to have a different item!
The user who brought up Mega Rayquaza later wasn't actually asking why Rayquaza was broken - they were trying to say the same thing: that your Goodra wouldn't be holding a Choice Band or Choice Specs, because Rayquaza is an exception among Mega Evolutions, and being that kind of exception turned out to be problematic.
Hopefully that makes more sense now, haha.
Oof I forgot haha

One more thing. To clarify, I’m saying the OU megas are for Ou and the Uber-level megas are meant for Ubers, where the power level is higher. (Also, the only bans/clauses will be Baton Pass, OHKO Moves, Endless Battle Clause, Evasion Clause, etc. Basically site-wide clauses, so not AG)

Last edited:
I’ve decided to change the submission period to 5 days, and the voting period to 2 days, since I’ll be extremely busy starting next week. Also I opened a poll just now that closes in 3 days!

Hello voting period starts now! Here are the choices for convenience.

:ss/goodra:
A - DrPumpkinz
B - MegaFlareon
C - lyd
D - Xephyrr
E - War Incarnate
F - superstrike66
G - IsoCon
H - kakaks
I - ImperialGamer517
J - Sereg
K - FireByTheReins

:ss/kommo-o:
A - MegaFlareon
B - Xephyrr
C - War Incarnate
D - superstrike66
E - IsoCon
F - kakaks
G - ImperialGamer517
H - Sereg

:ss/dragapult:
A - MegaFlareon
B - superstrike66
C - IsoCon
D - ImperialGamer517
E - Mateeus
F - Sereg

Voting ends in 2 days. Also sorry for saying this a bit late kakaks but I have to veto your Mega Dragapult. In the first post of Slate 2 I said Dragapult needed an ability ranked 3 below. Mold Breaker is 3.5.

Last edited:
Mega Dragapult
New Ability: Clearbody/Infiltrator (Cursed Body) ----> Mega Launcher
New Typing: Dragon/Ghost

New Stats:

HP: 88 ----> 88
Attack: 120 ----> 120
Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 160 (+60)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Speed: 142 ----> 152 (+10)
Base Stat Total: 600 ----> 700 (+100)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
Description: Dragapult gains a new ability in Mega Launcher, going from the fact it can shoot Dreepy like missiles. It gains Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse for Launcher Boosts, and it gains extra defenses and speed as quality-of-life changes.
Design: Dragapult's "rack" of holes grows longer and the holes grow bigger. It can now fire its smaller cousins at speeds reaching Mach 5. Its tail grows shorter to boost its own speed.

Will make Goodra and Kommo-o tomorrow

Mega Dragapult
New Ability: Clearbody/Infiltrator (Cursed Body) ----> Mega Launcher
New Typing: Dragon/Ghost

New Stats:

HP: 88 ----> 88
Attack: 120 ----> 120
Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Special Attack: 100 ----> 160 (+60)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Speed: 142 ----> 152 (+10)
Base Stat Total: 600 ----> 700 (+100)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse
Description: Dragapult gains a new ability in Mega Launcher, going from the fact it can shoot Dreepy like missiles. It gains Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse for Launcher Boosts, and it gains extra defenses and speed as quality-of-life changes.
Design: Dragapult's "rack" of holes grows longer and the holes grow bigger. It can now fire its smaller cousins at speeds reaching Mach 5. Its tail grows shorter to boost its own speed.

Will make Goodra and Kommo-o tomorrow
Submission period is over. You can’t submit anymore

Anyways . . .

Mega Goodra: DrPumpkinz, ImperialGamer517, lyd
Mega Kommo-o: MegaFlareon, ImperialGamer517, IsoCon
Mega Dragapult: Mateeus, ImperialGamer517, Sereg

By the way for Slate 3 we are going to apply the results from Megas for All v5, and starting next slate, you can now distribute Gen 8 moves + TRs to NatDex mons!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)