Approved Add aliases for /learn to match up with /ds for past gen searches

Archas

Getting over the barrier
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Currently, in order to use dexsearch for past generations, you simply append the number of the generation to /ds; /ds7 searches content valid for USUM, for example. I find it strange that /learn doesn't do this, and requires you to prepend the command with the abbreviation of the gen in order to achieve the same effect; /rbylearn is needed to check if a given Pokemon learns a move in RBY. I don't see why this disparity has to exist, and the method /ds uses is less cumbersome, so I figure that /learn should adopt the system that /ds uses.

I'm no programmer, but it doesn't seem like a difficult change to implement and would be a nice quality-of-life thing.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
We could rename them to `/learnl5` and `/learnl50`. I don't actually know which of Gen 5 or LC is more popular, maybe they could fight over `/learn5`. :p

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You're right, though, that the programming part is easy. Getting people to agree on what `/learn5` should do is in fact the hard part. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)