Project Next Best Thing (Week 11 - Dragalge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 9
:ss/vileplume:
RU Snake Draft Finals is now live, so for me, it felt like a good idea to feature the mascot of the S-Rank Vileplumes: A Vileplume (sorry Nav Fans, Nidoqueen is not in the current Galar Dex). Not only that, Vileplume is one of the best walls in the tier. You can now start submitting.

Banned Set

Physically Defensive Vileplume

Katy

Banned deucer.
reserving confide + leech seed plume

:ss/Vileplume:
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Confide

this :vileplume:-set acts like a pure annoyer for physical and special attackers. vileplume is still capable of checking many physical attackers like bewear, tauros and passimian. but this set dives even further into checking things since it has confide which I will mention later how the whole team can benefit from it, leech seed and giga drain are for longevity and sludge bomb is its necessary secondary-stab.
confide helps against many special attackers and supports the rest of the team as it lowers the special attack from the opposing pokémon by 1 stage and therefore it is helpful to keep certain threats at bay like salazzle, charizard, frosmoth and heliolisk, as this move is rather unexpected.

Last edited:
:sm/vileplume:
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Corrosive Gas
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap

It's a pretty standard set in terms of evs and movepool, other than corrosive gas, which I'll explain it's uses in a bit.

Basically most of mons that tend to switch in on it are reliant on heavy duty boots (frosmoth, charizard) and once their item is removed, they're crippled for the rest of the match, especially if hazards are up. It also allows its teamates to break through defensive cores easily, as walls like P2 arent as scary without eviolite

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Did you know that, despite being used most often as a Physically Defensive blanket check, it's highest stat is SpA? You probably did but never paid attention to it, which gave me an idea.

:vileplume:
Vileplume @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

This Specs set uses Vileplume's high SpA stat and solid STAB combination to tear holes through the opposing team. Sludge Wave is the most powerful STAB move it has, the Grass STAB can be either Energy Ball for power or Giga Drain for semi-reliable recovery, and Moonblast is a solid coverage move. The fourth moveslot is generally filler because it has no way of denting Steel types outside of Drain Punch (which isn't good on a Specs set like this), so I choose Moonlight to give it a reliable recovery option against the mons it naturally forces out, like bulky Waters. 84 Speed EVs are to outspeed all the base 60's uninvested such as Jellicent, Porygon2, and bulky variants of Bewear, but 124 can be run to outspeed uninvested Vaporeon, although I wouldn't recommed it as Vileplume likes the bulk.

Here are your choices (wow only a few subs this time lol):
reserving confide + leech seed plume

:ss/Vileplume:
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Confide

this :vileplume:-set acts like a pure annoyer for physical and special attackers. vileplume is still capable of checking many physical attackers like bewear, tauros and passimian. but this set dives even further into checking things since it has confide which I will mention later how the whole team can benefit from it, leech seed and giga drain are for longevity and sludge bomb is its necessary secondary-stab.
confide helps against many special attackers and supports the rest of the team as it lowers the special attack from the opposing pokémon by 1 stage and therefore it is helpful to keep certain threats at bay like salazzle, charizard, frosmoth and heliolisk, as this move is rather unexpected.
Confide + Leech Seed by Katy
:sm/vileplume:
Vileplume @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Corrosive Gas
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Strength Sap

It's a pretty standard set in terms of evs and movepool, other than corrosive gas, which I'll explain it's uses in a bit.

Basically most of mons that tend to switch in on it are reliant on heavy duty boots (frosmoth, charizard) and once their item is removed, they're crippled for the rest of the match, especially if hazards are up. It also allows its teamates to break through defensive cores easily, as walls like P2 arent as scary without eviolite
Corrosive Gas by SpookMÆN
Did you know that, despite being used most often as a Physically Defensive blanket check, it's highest stat is SpA? You probably did but never paid attention to it, which gave me an idea.

:vileplume:
Vileplume @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

This Specs set uses Vileplume's high SpA stat and solid STAB combination to tear holes through the opposing team. Sludge Wave is the most powerful STAB move it has, the Grass STAB can be either Energy Ball for power or Giga Drain for semi-reliable recovery, and Moonblast is a solid coverage move. The fourth moveslot is generally filler because it has no way of denting Steel types outside of Drain Punch (which isn't good on a Specs set like this), so I choose Moonlight to give it a reliable recovery option against the mons it naturally forces out, like bulky Waters. 84 Speed EVs are to outspeed all the base 60's uninvested such as Jellicent, Porygon2, and bulky variants of Bewear, but 124 can be run to outspeed uninvested Vaporeon, although I wouldn't recommed it as Vileplume likes the bulk.
Choice Specs by Heracross2.0
Voting ends in 2 days!

Week 10
:ss/gardevoir:

We are back up and running! This time, we have a former UU that has fallen from grace and is now in RU! You have one week to submit!

Banned Sets:

Choice Specs
Choice Scarf

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Gardevoir @ Expert Belt
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Calm Mind

Most teams rely on gardevoir being choice locked to deal with it, as it has ways around the vast majority of its defensive answers with its great coverage. Non-choiced sets can therefore take people by surprise and tear through slower teams incredibly well. Expert belt allows it to trick enemies into thinking Garde is choiced, then blasting them with a coverage move (say if keys comes in on psyshock, tries to spike on garde switch, then catches a sacred fire to the face). Unlike life orb, the set doesnt give itself away immediately, so you can wait until the right moment and smash a defensive core to pieces. On top of this, garde packs Calm Mind to help it power through bulkier teams even better, even without the power boost of specs.

Last edited:
Reserving cm + stored power

:sm/gardevoir:
Gardevoir @ Kee Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 112 SpA / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gardevoir trades immediate power for the ability to snowball and bypass its checks after a few boosts. (Escaliver and gigalith crumbles before it after 3 cms) Trace gives garde a switch in to bulky waters, while not caring for toxic as it runs rest talk in conjuction with stored power + cm, making it a scary wincon. Kee berry not only increases stored power's bp, but allows garde to stomache hits better without sacrificing too many defense EVs.

Speed investment is specificially for outspeeding max investment Dragalge, allowing you to set up a cm to live a sludge wave (unless its specs.) Defense EVs werent too specific, but it allows Garde (at full health) to live two first impressions from golisipod (after kee berry activates) and a gunk shot from passimian. The rest of the EVs are to maximise its longevity and power. Works wonders, just set up agaisnt something passive and be wary of haze or dark types.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
:ss/Gardevoir:
Gardevoir @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire

- Psychic

the idea behind Future Sight Gardevoir is to hit neutral / super effective targets like barraskewda to limit its mid-late-game breaking power, arcanine, to whittle the dog down, ninetales to hinder her opportunity to set-up and its also able to break walls a lil bit easier in the long run like caloassal, gigalith and gastrodon. it also punishes setip-sweepers as they cant set-up while future sights still active. heavy-duty-boots are there to not get effected by sticky webs and t-spikes thus gardevoir can fullfill this role a bit better.

1597325845226.gif

Gardevoir @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Trace / Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Future Sight / Mystical Fire
- Wish / Pain Split

So for the idea of this build, I tried to give it a role based around switching and giving momentum to other teammates while chipping as much HP on enemies. The set uses HBD so it can come in easily w/o the fear of hazards. Teleport is then used to play around on mons coming in that could exploit Gardevoir’s low def. Moonblast is the standard attack of choice. The choice of Future Sight for hitting things better than moonblast can’t or Mystical Fire for the steel Types that can easily come in on her. Wish or Pain Split are then used for the last slot to give more survivability, EVs could be tweaked for better HP and better defenses so wish can give more to teammates if needed at the cost of lower SPA or Spe.

Pls don’t be too hard on me as this is my first time doing this :blobsad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)