Approved Alteration to disconnect message

This is probably overly pedantic but when an opponent disconnects PS gives the message "xxxx disconnected and has *a minute* to reconnect"
IMO the message should read "Your opponent/xxxx disconnected and has one minute OR 60 seconds to reconnect"
To me one minute/60 seconds conveys far more clarity than 'a minute'.
Cheers all, love your work, keep it up!

I don't think it's necessary to clarify that 60 seconds = 1 minute in the message. I'm not sure if it would really provide any additional clarity, as I think it's pretty universal knowledge that 1 minute just is 60 seconds.
My issue is that the message says neither, it says "*A* minute". I'm suggesting the text be changed to "*one* minute" or "60 seconds".
Again, I appreciate this is overly pedantic, but it's also easily changed.

My issue is that the message says neither, it says "*A* minute". I'm suggesting the text be changed to "*one* minute" or "60 seconds".
Again, I appreciate this is overly pedantic, but it's also easily changed.
Whether or not it will be decisively changed, "a minute" is the exact same thing as the other two alternatives. I don't think this is a particular thing that requires extra specificity because:

1) There's no point in changing it if you're constantly battling because, by the time you have done your second or third battle, you will get used to "a minute" having the same meaning "60 seconds" or "1 minute".

2) I don't think tweaking is really necessary since many people already know what it means. I don't think it's imperative to replace it with another synonymous phrase when both mean the exact same thing - it's a really minuscule detail. Now if it said approximately a minute or some other more complicated/scientific wording, it would be worth the change. But this is comprehensible enough that it doesn't need to be changed.

In my experience, 60 seconds are rarely enough to get back in battle once you have disconnected. That's mostly because the message only pops up after a while, also reconnection to the server is never instantaneous so I often end up missing that timeframe by 10 seconds or so.
Please make it 90 seconds and/or let it depend on how much time the player had left on their timer. People who play fast and never burn their timer should be rewarded with slightly more time to reconnect, imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)