Tournament ZUPL II - Administrative Decisions & Roster Info

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
(approved by 5gen)
(banner coming soon!)

Information pertaining to the administration of ZUPL II will be posted here, along with team roster information.

Auction Result:

courtesy of 5gen
Auction Logs
Lucky Stunkys:
Tuthur1​
16500​
z3ll1​
12500​
Feliburn​
12500​
SpacialRendevous​
9000​
Maple​
7500​
CrazyStevy​
6000​
Cigtar​
6000​
Haund​
6000​
CashKP​
5000​
TheSealGoesMeow​
3000​
Simbo​
3000​

Humilau Hakamo-Os:
EviGaro​
16500​
yovan33321​
13000​
RawMelon​
12500​
Tack :]​
10000​
pokemonisfun​
9000​
Aaronboyer​
7500​
Hys​
3500​
For the Bois​
3000​
Alkione​
3000​
zS​
3000​
avarice​
3000​
Skysolo​
3000​

Fiery Flamencos:
Heysup​
21000​
Xayah​
16000​
Finchinator​
15500​
kay​
8500​
Kiyo​
6500​
mael​
4500​
Thiago Nunes​
3500​
SOMALIA​
3000​
tko​
3000​
Sieeeffmon​
3000​

The Last of the Silvallies
DnB​
14500​
Quagg​
10000​
85percent​
10000​
Toy Time King​
9000​
UBERLandon21​
9000​
Chokepic​
8500​
MZ​
8000​
gorex​
6500​
Catalystic​
6000​
JonAmon 25​
4000​

Woke Galarian Slowpokes:
TJ​
14500​
LPY​
14000​
Ren-chon​
10500​
T0T0DI!E​
10500​
Procrastinasian​
9500​
neomon​
8500​
Graceclaw​
8500​
uhuhuhu7​
6500​
Sificon​
4500​

Pay Day Persians:
zugubu royale​
11000​
SBPC​
11000​
Dreamcatcher​
8000​
275p​
7500​
tlenit1​
6000​
Sciroccoo​
6000​
Many​
6000​
Jordy​
5000​
Alakazam​
4000​
3000​
SputnikGT​
3000​
Velvet Blood​
3000​
OranBerryBlissey10​
3000​
ayedan​
3000​
Hitmonstars​
3000​
Spook​
3000​

Overall:
Heysup​
21000​
Tuthur1​
16500​
EviGaro​
16500​
Xayah​
16000​
Finchinator​
15500​
DnB​
14500​
TJ​
14500​
LPY​
14000​
yovan33321​
13000​
z3ll1​
12500​
Feliburn​
12500​
RawMelon​
12500​
zugubu royale​
11000​
SBPC​
11000​
Ren-chon​
10500​
T0T0DI!E​
10500​
Tack :]​
10000​
Quagg​
10000​
85percent​
10000​
Procrastinasian​
9500​
SpacialRendevous​
9000​
pokemonisfun​
9000​
Toy Time King​
9000​
UBERLandon21​
9000​
kay​
8500​
Chokepic​
8500​
neomon​
8500​
Graceclaw​
8500​
MZ​
8000​
Dreamcatcher​
8000​
Maple​
7500​
Aaronboyer​
7500​
275p​
7500​
Kiyo​
6500​
gorex​
6500​
uhuhuhu7​
6500​
CrazyStevy​
6000​
Cigtar​
6000​
Haund​
6000​
Catalystic​
6000​
tlenit1​
6000​
Sciroccoo​
6000​
Many​
6000​
CashKP​
5000​
Jordy​
5000​
mael​
4500​
Sificon​
4500​
JonAmon 25​
4000​
Alakazam​
4000​
Hys​
3500​
Thiago Nunes​
3500​
TheSealGoesMeow​
3000​
Simbo​
3000​
For the Bois​
3000​
Alkione​
3000​
zS​
3000​
avarice​
3000​
Skysolo​
3000​
SOMALIA​
3000​
tko​
3000​
Sieeeffmon​
3000​
3000​
SputnikGT​
3000​
Velvet Blood​
3000​
OranBerryBlissey10​
3000​
ayedan​
3000​
Hitmonstars​
3000​
Spook​
3000​
Week 1
Fiery Flamencos vs Lucky Stunkys
The Last of the Silvallies vs Pay Day Persians
Woke Galarian Slowpokes vs Humilau Hakamo-Os

Week 2
Fiery Flamencos vs The Last of the Silvallies
Woke Galarian Slowpokes vs Lucky Stunkys
Humilau Hakamo-Os vs Pay Day Persians

Week 3
Fiery Flamencos vs Woke Galarian Slowpokes
Humilau Hakamo-Os vs The Last of the Silvallies
Pay Day Persians vs Lucky Stunkys

Week 4:
Fiery Flamencos vs Humilau Hakamo-Os
Pay Day Persians vs Woke Galarian Slowpokes
Lucky Stunkys vs The Last of the Silvallies

Week 5
Fiery Flamencos vs Pay Day Persians
Lucky Stunkys vs Humilau Hakamo-Os
The Last of the Silvallies vs Woke Galarian Slowpokes

Team Rosters:

Lucky Stunkys

(manager & assistant manager: Ho3nConfirm3d and Tuthur1)
Players: CashKP, Cigtar, CrazyStevy, Feliburn, Haund, Ho3nConfirm3d, Maple, Simbo, SpacialRendevous, TheSealGoesMeow, Tuthur1, z3ll1

Humilau Hakamo-Os

(manager & assistant manager: Union Caboche and yovan33321)
Players: Aaronboyer, Alkione, avarice, EviGaro, For the Bois, Hys, pokemonisfun, RawMelon, Skysolo, Tack :], Union Caboche, yovan33321, zS

Fiery Flamencos

(manager & assistant manager: DurzaOffTopic and kay)
Players: DurzaOffTopic, Finchinator, Heysup, kay, Kiyo, mael, Ren-chon, SOMALIA, Thiago Nunes, tko

The Last of the Silvallies

(manager & assistant manager: czim and 85percent)
Players: 85percent, Catalystic, Chokepic, czim, DnB, gorex, JonAmon 25, MZ, Quagg, Toy Time King, UBERLandon21

Woke Galarian Slowpokes

(manager & assistant manager: a fruitshop owner and Procrastinasian)
Players: a fruitshop owner, Graceclaw, LPY, neomon, Procrastinasian, Sieeeffmon, Sificon, T0T0DI!E, TJ, uhuhuhu7, Xayah

Pay Day Persians

(manager & assistant manager: 5gen and SBPC)
Players: 275p, 5gen, Alakazam, ayedan, Dreamcatcher, Hitmonstars, Jordy, Many, OranBerryBlissey10, SBPC, Sciroccoo, Spook, SputnikGT, tlenit1, twitch.tv/Bag_of_Trixx, Velvet Blood, zugubu royale

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigglytuff

re: Smogtours

All battles are to be played on Smogtours, effective immediately. There have been problems with spectators not in ZUPL speculating sets and offering advice (unprompted, I should add) and there has now been a case of a replay not being saved. I should've listened to advice from other hosts that there would be problems with playing on Main and done this much earlier.

We are entering a critical stage of the tournament where each win or loss may mean the difference between qualifying for playoffs or not. It would leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth if any win could be disputed due to set speculation or an unsaved replay, so it's my hope to proactively prevent both.

result: As it stands now, any battle not played on SmogTours will not count towards the weekly matchup score without prior approval from either myself or Oathkeepre. This is in case Smogtours is down but Main is up.

I will tag all uncompleted matchups from Week 5 to this post, post on the Week 5 thread, and instruct managers to also notify their players of this new policy. There should be no excuse of ignorance; as such, none will be accepted.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
re: the remaining battles between the Flamencos and Persians for W5 (Durza vs Spook, Kiyo vs OBB10)

Long story short, all that was needed for the Flamencos to secure a playoff spot was a tie. They did this and more and any other games after that between them would be considered situations where nothing could be gained or lost from them. Durza didn't want to play and OranBlisseyBerry10 waited for quite awhile for Kiyo to show up for their game and never did. Therefore, I am announcing that the 2 remaining games between the Flamencos and Persians to be dead since they won the week and have nothing to gain or lose. The Flamencos win W5 vs the Persians 5-1.

Wigglytuff

re: Locking SS ZU for Finals

Following the recent announcement about the new quickban slate, I am instituting a lock on the SS ZU meta effective immediately following precedent from SPL 9. Any changes to SS ZU that occur from the time of this post will not be reflected in the finals. If necessary, players should challenge and battle in the Gen 8 PU format.

Generally, metas should be locked starting at the playoffs stage. The reason I didn't institute a lock last week was to accommodate any unexpected small changes that didn't change the tier to a great degree (think new abilities or moves, as opposed to new/banned Pokemon) with the understanding that the results of any quickban slate would be posted after finals already went up. With the semifinals tiebreak, it is now likely that the results of the current quickban slate will be posted before finals. To avoid any possible confusion in the event that any Pokemon are banned, I am now instituting a lock for the finals.

result: Any changes to SS ZU that occur from the time of this post will not be reflected in the finals. If necessary, players should challenge and battle in the Gen 8 PU format.

Wigglytuff

re: SOMALIA

SOMALIA has not contributed to his team since September 4th (towards the end of Week 4) and had very low activity and participation in his team chat throughout the season.

When a player signs up, it's expected that they are actively participating throughout the duration of the season. I might not have made this clear enough in the signups thread, but it was hinted in the signup format and is also a generally known fact of team tournaments. SOMALIA has not met this expectation.

result: SOMALIA will be barred from participating in ZUPL III.

Oct 1 edit: Following an objection from one of SOMALIA's managers on whether this qualifies as cancering, I've consulted the TDs and this decision stands.

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

re: Tack vs Simbo

Simbo brought an illegal Pokemon (Graveler, which, according to BW PUTL Akir: "+Akir: graveler is pu") to their BW ZU finals series. This was due to the Lucky Stunkys' use of the BW ZU validator linked in the official ZU Old Gens Hub (the validator currently linked in the post has been corrected to ban Graveler), which neglected to list Graveler. ZUTL 5gen confirmed the validator as accurate at the beginning of the week and I endorsed his confirmation.
Original rationale: There is great emphasis placed on the accuracy of the validator. Last ZUPL, the host instructed people to use it, the validator is "official" (whatever that term means after this event), ZUTL 5gen and PUTL Akir checked the formation of the list, and host endorsement (this was NOT a factor in the original ruling because it's just an extension of being an "official resource", but it should be mentioned). There is a reasonable expectation for the validator to be an accurate assessment of a team's legality, and that the validator is inaccurate is not the fault of the Lucky Stunkys.

Original result: The series will be replayed with different teams. Extension will be provided if needed. My apologies to the Lucky Stunkys for my misjudgment of the accuracy of the validator.
Revised rationale: While the original rationale is correct, there are more prevalent issues that it and the original decision fail to address. Having team validation fall on the resources of a tier rather than the players themselves opens the situation up to a lot of bad possibilities. The fact that the creator of the validators was an assistant manager this season is especially concerning at a conceptual level for reasons that I hope are obvious. Necessitating high quality of resources (in this case, validator accuracy) through tournament rulings is an overreach of what a host should do, so after discussion with Oath, some unbiased parties, and Tournament Directors, we've decided to reverse course on this decision.

When people say that "x player brought y illegal mon, they lose," that's because of the faulty tier script section of the Simulator Glitches rule:
Simulator Glitches: Any battle mechanics not properly implemented in the simulator used for a tournament battle are fair game, unless explicitly banned by that tournament's rules. Illegal movesets that are not restricted by the simulator fall into this category as well. However, this does not include faulty tier scripts; for example, if there was a bug in the BW OU tier script that allowed you to use Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team, taking advantage of this would result in disqualification in that battle. If a game breaking glitch is discovered, we will make a blanket tournament ban on that glitch via an announcement in the Tournaments forum until it is fixed.
Technically this doesn't apply to BW ZU because BW ZU doesn't have a tier script, therefore it doesn't have a faulty tier script. However, I am electing to treat the validator as the tier script of BW ZU in this instance. Ultimately, the responsibility for team validation should be on the players, not tier resources.

result: Tack is given the win by faulty tier script. I apologize to the Hakamo-Os for the delay in this decision and to the Stunkys for my misjudgment on the accuracy of the validator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)