Rejected emoji and reaction in showdown

hi ,I had an idea in mind after making a joke on a certain emoji , I was like "and why not put emoji and reactions like on discord?" , that's why I propose to put emoji and exclusive reaction to the showdown server of the same kind as discord because I think it could make the chat more alive and more fun and that it would do a lot of good for the community
thank you for listening to me and I hope this option will be applied
have a good day

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion
Although I wouldn't be opposed to this, it would probably be restricted in main chatrooms like formatting and the commands for emoticons. It would be a neat feature that is more for PMs and groupchats which I wouldn't mind using. That is if someone is willing to implement it.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Emoji at least would be incredibly spammable - you'd also have to manually moderate the content of the emojis which seems like a big lift for global staff. Reactions aren't super feasible with how PS's chat messages currently work, afaik. I guess you could abuse UHTML, but that would be a lot of extra messages to send to each user in the room, and would be easily spammable. Also doesn't seem super practical given how quickly messages are lost in scrollback logs.

Annika

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
In addition to the concerns that Maxalexandra brought up regarding modration, I personally enjoy the simplicity of PS's text-only chatrooms and PMs. We already have some commands that are a bit emoji-esque but (imo) still fit into the text-based design of PS, such as /shrug and (in the OU room) !messi; perhaps we could expand on those without losing the simplistic, clean text-based design that PS has as opposed to some other platform like, say, Discord.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Typing emoji I wouldn't mind, but PS's design is generally not really suited towards emoji reactions. PS is currently very linear and simple, and emoji reactions would interfere with that. I'd allow it if there was a huge amount of interest towards it, but I'm not really a fan of it at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)