Move Suspect- Trick Room

Should Smogon Admins/Mods Suspect Trick Room

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1david12

I COULD BE BANNED!
I call to stand the abused and uber-rated move Trick Room... This move is suspect for nerfing or complete banning for doubles OU and below for a multitude of reasons, which I will list below:

1. 5 turns is too much in OU and below for Trick Room to be viable (well it will be in effect for 4 double-turns but it is still too much for doubles games). It is unfair for such an important Stat, Speed Stat, be used against you completely without much room for countering it for 5 whole turns in a doubles game. Tailwind just makes pokemon Outspeed you and Psychic Terrain is probably the only thing that can support Tailwind efficiently for it to be not easily countered. But for Trick Room, once it is launched just get an AOE spammer (Torkoal /w Drought + Eruption or slow Expanding Force spammers or even Blizzard + Hail spammers although a bit less common but I've seen it a few times)
2. A single move should not be the sole decider of a game and just knowing you have to always expect it in every single game and compromise your strategy just to expect that one move, that makes absolutely no sense
3. Some people may opt to ask "but what about prankster-Tailwind?" Listen, this is not even an issue since you can still hold your own most times vs Prankster-Tailwind since the most common user- Whimsicott is so frail and will just be in the team to get that singular Tailwind off then go down already putting you on the backfoot in terms of numbers. And Rainy Day teams don't have as much AOE (doubles) potential as do Sunny Day teams do, hint hint Choice Specs/Life Orb Torkoal spamming Eruption.
4. This is almost always a failsafe way to ensure Trick Room is always guaranteed to go off, there are multiple choices to go around,, I'll just name a few that comes off the top of my head:- a. Indeedee /w Psychic Surge, Focus Sash & Follow Me + Hatterene w/ Magic Bounce, Trick Room & Expanding Force, this is a guaranteed Trick Room even if you possess Weezing-Galar /w Neutralizing Gas b. Dusclops /w Trick Room, Eviolite & purely defensive stats + Incineroar /w Intimidate and Fake Out or Indeedee /w Psychic Surge, Focus Sash & Follow Me c. Any Pokemon with Follow Me/Rage Powder + Any Pokemon with stacked defensive stats and Trick Room (most cases Dusclops is used) d. Rillaboom /w Fake Out & Grassy Glide + any Trick Room user (I say Rillaboom because he has a lower speed stat than Psychic Surge casters (Indeedees) and will have the Grassy Terrain fill the field if open with both Pokemon)
5. This one move is far overused and relied on and is too much of a dependent gamechanger as we see a vast majority of top ladder players all depending on Trick Room strategies to rank up, when there is a HUGEEEEE over-reliance on a strategy that is failsafe for most of the meta then it should fall suspect to be banned and/or get nerfed. Uncounterable strategies should not be allowed especially in doubles OU and below and I've provided a few situations above.
6. There is even the option of breaking up the uncounterable strategies of which there are quite a few. I can suggest making Dusclops+Eviolite+Trick Room, Indeedee(s)+Psychic Surge+Follow Me, Hatterene itself, Torkoal+Eruption+Drought (though you have Ninetales /w Drought staring right at you as well) and Rillaboom all Uber-limited

There may be some other good points I may be missing out, so pardon me for this. I know this post may get a-lot of hate from laddered players (although I am too, albeit low-ladder) but please admins/mods please I beg of you to ignore the sound of the market here and please put up Suspect for Trick Room in Doubles OU and below. Also, all votes with "No" without posting a reason are null and void. If you disagree with my points please vote "No" and post your rebuttal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)