SS OU Rillaboom + Hawlucha. Looking to improve.

Hello, I just wanted to start off by saying this isn't MY team or anything. These are just some Pokemon I kept running into and struggled against so I took bits and pieces from other teams and tried putting them together. I am by no means high ladder or "good" but I would like to be. I have won a lot with this team and lost a lot and some losses really hard and I wonder why. Could it be the EV spreads, movesets, or just my decision making? I am looking to get help and get better. That is why I'm posting this RMT. Thank you.

02AC33E5-7B39-4AF3-A51F-E8A28A67D928.png
Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Red card suicide lead Mew. I'm still not sure if this is the best lead because I've been running into a lot of Choice Scarf + Trick Mew, which seems to cripple my Mew. But it still gets the job done by setting up both hazards. Taunt to prevent other leads from setting up rocks, defogging or inflicting status. Although status isn't too big of a deal because of Synchronize, just a little annoying. Flare Blitz to hit Excadrill, Corviknight and Ferrothorn. Red Card to shuffle the opponent's team around if they're willing to hit Mew and take entry hazard chip.

429F16AC-0B65-4BA0-8DFF-AE1705591797.png
Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

Shift Gear + Drain Punch mixed Toxtricity. I'm not sure if this is the most ideal EV spread. I usually CAN switch in to Toxtricity after Mew dies and get up a Shift Gear on a Corviknight or Mandibuzz defogging or a Ferrothorn trying to set up its own hazards. Boomburst and Overdrive damage boosted by Punk Rock. Drain Punch after Shift Gear to hit weakened Rhyperior, Excadrill, Tyranitar and Ferrothorn.

5DB28A77-824D-4EFD-89C6-E7F1847BC9A8.png
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Adamant + Choice Band Rillaboom to set up Grassy Surge and break walls. Wood Hammer hits Toxapex, Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Tyranitar and weakened Clefable really hard. U-turn is nice to hit Dark-types, pivot into Mandibuzz or bring in Hawlucha if it is safe. Grassy Glide is nice priority to clean up kills or get some guaranteed chip if Rillaboom is about to die anyway. Knock Off to hit Ghost-types hard and stop Leftovers healing.

0FD6BA6B-78C8-496B-8121-D0D459BC645C.png
Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Jolly Hawlucha to out-speed the other 1000 Hawluchas in lower ladder. The defense boost given by Grassy Seed upon consumption usually lets me get up a Swords Dance and take a hit while living in yellow/low yellow HP. Acrobatics will kill the abundant of Urshifus on the ladder. Close Combat, usually after a Swords Dance will kill Rhyperior, Blissey or anything weak to Fighting-type moves. Taunt to stop Slack Offs, Roosts, Soft-Boiled, etc.

B266F247-9293-4621-8442-66C077156434.png
Urshifu @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Jolly Urshifu to out-speed the others. I like Life Orb over Choice Band because I feel like Urshifu hits hard enough and being able to change up moves is nice. However, I have been running into Choice Scarf Urshifus and have considered running it as well. Wicked Blow hits anything that doesn't resist it very hard. Close Combat kills other non-Rapid Strike Urshifus and hits everything else. U-turn is nice to pivot but I've seen Poison Jab and Iron Head on other Urshifus but I'm not sure which is better.

BBA92A23-E4ED-405C-AE0B-600CC4E42D63.png
Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Mandibuzz is probably my favorite Pokemon on this team. I'm not sure if this is the most ideal EV spread but it has been alright so far. Overcoat is great for Tyranitar and Hippowdon's Sand Stream and Spore from Amoonguss. Knock Off + slow U-turn is great. Mandibuzz is the only hazard remover on the team. I've considered running Toxic but I feel the other moves are just too good.

DE7746B2-31D5-4D13-BCF8-B232DED1A45F.jpeg

I would like to thank you for taking the time to look at and read my team. I am open to all critiques, suggestions and replacement ideas. Thanks again.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, here to rate your team.

So reading through, this looks like a solid hyper offense team. Rillaboom + Hawlucha is a tried and tested core, and Mew is the best suicide lead. Toxtricity fits great as well. The only thing that sticks out to me is Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz completely kills any offensive momentum you had, and its typing is redundant with Hawlucha and Urshifu on your team. So for this rate I'm going to do something a little different. The rest of the team is great, its only Mandibuzz I'm really interested in changing, and there are many ways to go about doing so.

I've personally run a team very similar to this one, so I know its weaknesses pretty well. Things like DD Dragapult, Scarf Togekiss, and Hatterene can cause big issues, so changes to address these threats will be recommended. Firstly, I think Ice Shard users such as Weavile and Mamoswine could be considered, as they both wallbreak, and can threaten Dragapult and Togekiss with their Ice-type attacks. Zeraora is also a good option, outspeeding Dragapult, and resisting Air Slash from Togekiss, but it's Electric typing might be somewhat redundant with Toxtricity. I personally ran Scarf Gengar to threaten Togekiss and Hatterene, but might be somewhat redundant with Toxtricity. Excadrill also does decently well versus these Pokemon, and provides Rapid Spin support.

I think all of these options have their own merits, so I think it'd be best for you to test them all to see which one suits you best. Regardless of what you pick, I strongly recommend you replace Mandibuzz, and consider these threats in mind when battling. All the best! I hope this insight was useful :toast:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Wave

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Hey, here to rate your team.

So reading through, this looks like a solid hyper offense team. Rillaboom + Hawlucha is a tried and tested core, and Mew is the best suicide lead. Toxtricity fits great as well. The only thing that sticks out to me is Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz completely kills any offensive momentum you had, and its typing is redundant with Hawlucha and Urshifu on your team. So for this rate I'm going to do something a little different. The rest of the team is great, its only Mandibuzz I'm really interested in changing, and there are many ways to go about doing so.

I've personally run a team very similar to this one, so I know its weaknesses pretty well. Things like DD Dragapult, Scarf Togekiss, and Hatterene can cause big issues, so changes to address these threats will be recommended. Firstly, I think Ice Shard users such as Weavile and Mamoswine could be considered, as they both wallbreak, and can threaten Dragapult and Togekiss with their Ice-type attacks. Zeraora is also a good option, outspeeding Dragapult, and resisting Air Slash from Togekiss, but it's Electric typing might be somewhat redundant with Toxtricity. I personally ran Scarf Gengar to threaten Togekiss and Hatterene, but might be somewhat redundant with Toxtricity. Excadrill also does decently well versus these Pokemon, and provides Rapid Spin support.

I think all of these options have their own merits, so I think it'd be best for you to test them all to see which one suits you best. Regardless of what you pick, I strongly recommend you replace Mandibuzz, and consider these threats in mind when battling. All the best! I hope this insight was useful :toast:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Wave

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Horsepower
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
Hello ShootingStarmie, thank you very much for evaluating my team and providing so many sets to test out. Really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)