Announcement What would you like to see for VGC?

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello all!

While live events are on hold for VGC in this current climate, there is still great opportunity to run events and do wonderful things in the current format(s). I've opened this thread as a live discussion with the rest of the community as to which direction you all would like to go. We have been more active than ever on the Smogon VGC Discord, and we would love to transition a lot of our activity there back onto the forums. All this being said, what is it that you personally would like to see added to the VGC subforums, and really any other points you'd like to raise in regards to the subforum.

While we haven't been the most active section of recent years, however this down time in the current climate can potentially open a door for new growth. Whether its tournaments, Teambuilding workshops, short Pokemon analyses, or other infographic resources; We want to cater to what is most requested!

Feel free to leave your feedback for me below!

Thank you.

This is probably a far shot, but a best of 3 vgc ladder would be a godsend. Best of 1 just is not the optimal way to practice vgc!

I know this doesn’t have to do with the forums themselves, but it’s something I’ve noticed while playing on the ladder and I wanted to bring it up somewhere.

Giokio

#1 Nia simp
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if anyone has already written it, so tell me if i'm repeating something that has already been said. I'd like to see sample sets on Pokémon Showdown, when you go in the import/export section of a mon and you have a tier like OU selected, you can see there are a few buttons that, when clicked, automatically import a sample set without needing to search for it on the strategy Dex. This quality of life improvement could help new players that try to build their first team, it also includes the most used set on SD so it can help with counterplay too

Last edited:
The recent gen-7 tournament was great, wasn't able to participate but I would really like to see more "throw-back" tours from past generations, I'd definitely take part if they were held regularly, or -even better- have vgc formats incorporated in the monthly Ruins of Alph spotlight formats and make them playable on the ladder again! They are available on side servers but there aren't enough users there.

Also, the ladder achievements mentioned in the survey is another excellent idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)