Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Seasonal Artwork.png

Art by Le Creme Brule
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SWSH 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours.
  • Replays are required
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • The winner of this Seasonal will receive
    1596401926039.png

this trophy in the 1v1 Hall of Fame.
Winners Bracket

Here comes team Charm!  vs  Cheese5555
XSTATIC COLD  vs  pqs
Bomb21XD  vs  WailJesus
Jebx  vs  Adela

Bracket Generated here

Losers Bracket

lvl100Blaziken  vs  eblurb
Nalei  vs  Jamez155
ryyjyywyy  vs  DannyDoritos
D2TheW  vs  Yami

Bracket generated here

This is for Top 16, aka points for 1v1 Championships, so once again I will remind you that replays are required! Don't forget. Any set without replays will be replayed.

Deadline for this round is Sunday, October 4th at 11:59 PM GMT-4

Last edited:
Predictions since it's top16 and I'm out

Winners Bracket

Here comes team Charm! vs Cheese5555 : Quite the underrated player in general, but they know their stuff and they’re definitely more proven than Cheese5555 so I favor them
XSTATIC COLD vs pqs : I'm sorry but I just can't go against xsc, especially when it comes to SS. He’s the big favorite to win the whole tour so I’m bolding him, not much else to say, but I believe pqs has a slim chance if xsc doesn't bring his A game. Probably the HL of this round.
Bomb21XD vs WailJesus : closest match this round imo. On one hand we have Bomb, a relatively new face (in the tour scene at least) who's been playing SS since its release and has had good results on ladder and an ok debut in his first wcup. On the other hand, instead, we have WailJesus who isn't exactly known for his SS prowess but made it to top16 nonetheless and is an all around good, experienced player who knows how to pick. As much as I want Bomb to win, I feel like Wail has the edge in this one and will take advantage of Bomb's team choices.
Jebx vs Adela : An odd one for a top16 winners bracket matchup, I don't think many people would've expected either of them to make it this far, but I suppose it's refreshing to see new faces do well and prove themselves. Based on their run thus far, I should bold Adela over [Durant enthusiast] Jebx since the former managed to beat Alice and Nalei, however my gut tells me Jebx takes this so I'm bolding him

Losers Bracket

lvl100Blaziken vs eblurb : Yes, I'm bolding eblurb and it's not a meme. He's the more proven player of the 2 and has good support on top of that
Nalei vs Jamez155 : Nalei surprisingly lost last round, but everyone has bad days and she's without a question the better SS player and builder. If she tries, she definitely has what it takes to reach losers finals. Jamez allegedly made it this far using mainly eblurb teams, which is a feat in of itself, but I doubt he's gonna be able to overcome Nalei's unpredictable picking style and creative teams. Should be a nice watch regardless
ryyjyywyy vs Danny Doritos : Going with the more proven and experienced player, simple as that. He might not like/play SS that much, but he's still a force to be reckoned with on a good day and he's another player I believe can climb his way up to losers finals
D2TheW vs Yami : This is another close one. D2 has had a good run so far, only losing to the best player of the tour so I believe he'd want to go as far as he possibly can. Yami has had an arguably even better run and despite having being knocked down to losers bracket r2 (if I'm not mistaken) and not "maining" SS, he managed to reach top16 while beating good players along the way. I'd like to see D2 win and I'm rooting for him, but for the sake of objectivity I'm giving the edge to Yami as he's had the more impressive run

Last edited:
Before doing my predictions, s/o to blurb and my fellow level 100 for having already played 1 hour after the post, making me unable to predict all matches ;-; honestly I'd have bolded blurb so congrats to lvl100blaziken to take the win as the underdog.
Now let's move to actual predicts :

Winners :
Here comes team Charm! vs Cheese5555 : two underrated players for sure. Cheese has more than confirmed his status of player able to perform through this ssnl, but I think hctc's heavier investment in 1v1 will give them the advantage here. However, cheese is one of the best when it comes to challenge the expectations.
XSTATIC COLD vs pqs : it's always hard not to bold xsc. After losing a bit of confidence during wc, he's back at his best and wants to add this seasonal to his trophies. He's not gotten the easiest opponent out of the remaining players, to say the least, but as good as pqs is, there aren't many players who can stop xsc going full-steam.
Bomb21XD vs WailJesus : That one is really tough to predict. One the one hand we got bomb, who has a big amount of gen 8 1v1 experience, but faced only one 1v1 main yet in this seasonal, which means it's more or less his first "big test" in the competition. On the other hand we got WailJesus, a player who doesn't play SWSH that much but known to be very solid, and who defeated a solid gen 8 player in the person of smely socks. I'd give WailJesus a small edge, but it could go either way.
Jebx vs Adela : A bit of a special match for me because I'm the one who made both of them signup for this tour. They both did surprisingly well in their first big 1v1 tournament, showing interesting things. Adela's run was the most impressive, with wins over Nalei and Alice, which easily makes up for the 2 act wins. Jeb only faced underdogs at the moment, and has been doing really good at it. That said, I expect Adela to show one more time that their run doesn't only rely on luck, so bolding them to have a different pick than Denis for once for that, as much as I'd also enjoy a Jeb win.

Losers :
lvl100blaziken vs eblurb
Nalei vs Jamez155 : Nalei has proven she's got the determination to bounce back after an unexpected defeat round 6, and her ability to pull out really unconventional mons that are awkward to play against will probably destabilize Jamez, a solid but pretty conventional 1v1 player.
ryyjyywyy vs DannyDoritos : ryy has been making quite a loser run after an early lose round 2 to lrpachuza, which shows they're going strong. However, I have underestimated Danny many times in this tour, and they did really well. Wins over golden009, yami, kebia and dude are no joke, so I'm predicting ryy going out and will surely regret it but, well.
D2TheW vs Yami : I surely don't know Yami well enough to be objective about them, and might be doing a severe mistake not bolding them. But I'll go once again with the player that lasted in winners the longest, also because it took xsc to knock D2 down to losers. They also have more experience in gen 8 1v1, and even if Yami has chances to take it I see it going the other way.

:blobsweats:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)