Tournament PUWC I - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Confirming as co-captain alongside my brother Squash for team France.

As someone from a "big" country, I have to support people who want less slots so that their zone has enough players, but at the same time less slots means that in France or the US, players will be left out, and I already know several people from France who wont have their own slot if we go 3-2-1. It also means that amazing tiers like BW and DPP PU wont be featured.

A suggestion that I absolutely disagree with is "only 1 SM slot": SMPU, like most SM lower tiers, is absolutely incredible and the metagame keeps evolving even today. It's also by far my favorite PU tier, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here enjoy watching/playing SM as much or more than SwSh which is arguably boring. It's true that we dont have any ongoing PU tournament besides Snake kind of, so having a lot of SS slots should allow everyone who wants to play it to do so. But please, keep 2 SM slots.

Thus, Squash and I believe 3-2-1-1-1 is best. I really want to see SM, ORAS, BW and DPP games. Yet, if there's evidence that 3-2-1 would allow several teams to exist, then it's fine too: just dont forget some people could be left out by reducing the number of slots and that PU is a lot more fun with oldgens. Maybe there's a way to decide on this after the player signups, by classifying them and seeing whether 3-2-1 would be more inclusive or not than 3-2-1-1-1? I'm open to any criticism!

edit: we also are planning on allowing our french slots to rotate (not always, but as a perfectly fine option if someone wants to) so that everyone can play what they want. If you struggle to find a DPP slot (for instance) for your country, why not do the same and let people rotate instead of deciding someone will be the DPP slot for the whole tour? It's more fun

Last edited:
confirming canada w/ gum :blobwizard:

e: i am editing this post to comment on the format. i agree with ktut's format, that being 3 ss slots, 2 sm slots and 1 of every old gen up to dpp, or 3 ss slots and sm through adv. would like to see adv freed but it's fine if it can't happen. also, gum is too lazy to edit his post but he agrees as well

Last edited:

ILSB

formerly IloveScaldBurns
Confirming as co-captain with Nalorium for South America.

Talking about the format, Nalorium and I totally agree to add BW and DPP to the tour. Likewise, we do not see the importance of adding 2 SM PU. The format we support is 3 SS, 1 SM, 1 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP.

e: Whoops, we were saying 4 SS, 1 SM, 1 ORAS, 1 BW, 1 DPP. But 2 SM PU can also be interesting

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys if we want all the old gens then 2 SM becomes basically a necessity. First, SM *is* a better, more important, more developed, more played old gen than 4-6, having it on the same level as the rest seems fairly odd. Second, we're not doing a 7 slot tour, ties are way too important to drop.

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Captaining Latin America with Forsendi

I know the metagame of PU in SS, SM and ORAS obtaining good results in all three in several team tours outside of smogon and even in individual tours such as the ORAS PU CUP of the PU Classic or the PU Open, in addition to knowing the pool of players and the tier I have already been a manager in other smogon team tours such as Rcop and Roa Olympics Currently, Forsendi also has a lot of experience in low tiers having played several team tours such as RUPL, RUWC, UUWC and even OUPL. We are both active and we believe we can make a competitive team.

Regarding the format, the truth is, having a format like PUPL can be quite fun but it can also have bad things such as that some countries do not have enough players or have weak slots in some tiers and that can be somewhat problematic, I think that both formats are fine. so wait for the decision of the organizers.

Last edited:

ishtar

your affection
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Captaining Latin America with keppy

We both have a lot of experience in the PU metagame, keppy has quite a bit of experience having played PUPL this year and is currently playing Snake Draft, also i have experience managing in smogon in Rcop and currently managing in Roa Olympics.

Regarding the format, the truth is, having a format like PUPL can be quite fun but it can also have bad things such as that some countries do not have enough players or have weak slots in some tiers and that can be somewhat problematic, I think that both formats are fine. so wait for the decision of the organizers.
Jajaja sí, okei :v[

On the subject of the format, I like the idea of 3 SS games + SM, ORAS, BW, DPP, ADV the most by far, but ig 2 sm slots is fine, though id rather see a tier that has gotten so much attention lately such as ADV have a chance to show how competitive it can be in a setting like this. Ok bye, hoping that barba wins it all.

Edit: due for circumstances, I won't be co-managing w Rahel. Ill keep the post up for the sake of maintaining my opinion on the format public, as well as being transparent w the decision regarding this new decision.

Last edited:
Captaining Latin America with Forsendi

I know the metagame of PU in SS, SM and ORAS obtaining good results in all three in several team tours outside of smogon and even in individual tours such as the ORAS PU CUP of the PU Classic or the PU Open, in addition to knowing the pool of players and the tier I have already been a manager in other smogon team tours such as Rcop and Roa Olympics Currently, Forsendi also has a lot of experience in low tiers having played several team tours such as RUPL, RUWC, UUWC and even OUPL. We are both active and we believe we can make a competitive team.

confirming as co captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)