SPL XII Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
tko and I will be signing up to manage Smogon Premier League. Unfortunately, we have not been chosen as managers for a team tournament before. However, this is not stopping us from signing up. After participating in several team tournaments, as a player, we experienced firsthand what Jirachee posted about in his previous manager signup post. This led us to wanting to create a team environment not based on clout, playing a "real" tier, or players being conceited, we want an environment where everyone has a voice.

"One thing I have noticed, time and time again, is that there are some players who are not taken seriously by their teammates." - Jirachee

tko and I have also experienced not being taken seriously because we are known to play “irrelevant” tiers. We have been ignored by upper tiers like old gens, cg ou, and “real” lower tiers with our magnificent suggestions such as “Use Victini it is a good mon,” “Life Orb Clefable looks good vs them,” or “You forgot Stealth Rock on that team.” Anonymity would solve this issue and help players on the team participate without fear, even if it may harm or not help players. Our opinion is that any advice is helpful and if they are interested in learning the tier, it would be helpful in the long run.

This does not mean that anonymity is the only solution for creating a competitive team environment where everyone has their voice. Our solution is to act as managers, you can take this up to your own interpretation.

I have accomplished many things, too many to list. This is not bragging as my YouTube Channel speaks for itself. I am more than qualified for a manager spot in this tour.
tko 's accomplishments may not be noteworthy, but we believe his experience in managing LC team tournaments and leading the B+ ranked Vileplumes to the biggest dark horse win in lower tiers history is sufficient.

1607211447433.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.39.57 PM.png

Dear Serene Lucker,

Missed playoffs by 1 win 4 times.
Zero rings*.
Friendship?
These are the principles I have always lived by, and the very same I now carry forth toward the worthy frontier of Smogon Premier League. A man only goes as far as his values take him, and I have little doubt that mine will do my Smogon Premier League family proud. Only by transcending our frivolous personal desires can we realize our potential absolutely. I will now lead my future Smogon Premier League family to a ring.

Sincerely,

B+

* (I did manage a few teams to a win in some side tours)

Last edited:
I shall be taking over the Ever Grande Bigs this year with my assman Alpha Rabbit. Since lower tiers got axed, I have been spending a lot of time improving my deduction skills in the game of among us. From there, I have learned many character traits from many of the managers involved in this lobby, notably reyscarface and Triangles. I would be able to read their auction tactics from a mile away and build a god squad accordingly.

I've been around this site long enough to know that you don't have to be an accomplished player to manage any of these tournaments, but it helps that I achieved an astounding 3-5 when I last competed back in spl X, famously being part of the "Hawai-0-5" meme made by the late Lavos (I hope you're well, dry cunt). This should reassure you that I will have no regrets about not playing, as I am completely and well and truly washed by this point.

Why the Bigs you may ask? Well I bought a hoodie pre-emptively last year to plan my takeover this year. Sorry Stone_Cold but I rock this hoodie broski, please find all the evidence you need below:
1607218179414.png

Also snorlax is my favourite pokemon, so you'd be doing me a solid giving me the team.

I shall be taking over the Ever Grande Bigs this year with my assman Alpha Rabbit. Since lower tiers got axed, I have been spending a lot of time improving my deduction skills in the game of among us. From there, I have learned many character traits from many of the managers involved in this lobby, notably reyscarface and Triangles. I would be able to read their auction tactics from a mile away and build a god squad accordingly.

I've been around this site long enough to know that you don't have to be an accomplished player to manage any of these tournaments, but it helps that I achieved an astounding 3-5 when I last competed back in spl X, famously being part of the "Hawai-0-5" meme made by the late Lavos (I hope you're well, dry cunt). This should reassure you that I will have no regrets about not playing, as I am completely and well and truly washed by this point.

Why the Bigs you may ask? Well I bought a hoodie pre-emptively last year to plan my takeover this year. Sorry Stone_Cold but I rock this hoodie broski, please find all the evidence you need below:

Also snorlax is my favourite pokemon, so you'd be doing me a solid giving me the team.
You've seen...

1607249375525.png

You've seen...

1607249560764.png

But have you seen....?

1607249740760.png

This winter, we're here to give the people what they want.

Fuck you M Dragon

We're tired. The corrupt TDs have not only removed our tiers, they also obstinately reject our qualified manager applications time and time again. Are you people that insatiable? Honestly, what are we missing? trash and I are unmatched players of our respective tiers, you fools know we'll guarantee a playoff appearance, our inevitable denial is quite the quandary. I believe there are discriminatory factors at play, which trash will elaborate on. If we are allowed to manage this spl we will exclusively draft low tier mains in protest of this dictatorship of a website. I find it ridiculous that these incompetent clowns hold the power to choose who gets to play in these prestigious tournaments. Those of you on the td team with any honor left, we beg, plead, yearn for an unbiased decision that isn't out of jealousy.

We are disappointed. Disappointed of the the racist tournament directors, our good friends Luthier and tko, and the members of the Smogon Community.

I personally should not need to write this post on equality; however, Emilio and I have faced racism on Smogon forums for the past year, specifically from the tournament directors. We have been rejected as managers countless of times because we are minorities. I am not talking about what tier we main, but our ethnicity. Just because we are not white does not mean we are not qualified as managers. The tournament directors evidently have been denying our rights to manage and this needs to be stopped. Emilio has posted explanations on why we are qualified as managers. Tournament directors please put aside your personal feelings and decide on the correct decision.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." – Martin Luther King Jr.
Yes, Emilio is one of MLK’s little children and is still being judged by the color of his skin and not being allowed to manage. I know that Smogon is not America and I know that this is no where near comparable, but why is the corrupt tournament directors allowed to use racism as their reasoning for denying our manager spot? I ask the Smogon community and tournament directors to stop this blatant racism and give an unbiased decision for once.

Now onto why we are disappointed in our good friends Luthier and tko. Emilio and I spent countless of hours writing up the post that were “memed” by these two sadly.
tko and I will be signing up to manage Smogon Premier League. Unfortunately, we have not been chosen as managers for a team tournament before. However, this is not stopping us from signing up. After participating in several team tournaments, as a player, we experienced firsthand what Jirachee posted about in his previous manager signup post. This led us to wanting to create a team environment not based on clout, playing a "real" tier, or players being conceited, we want an environment where everyone has a voice.

"One thing I have noticed, time and time again, is that there are some players who are not taken seriously by their teammates." - Jirachee

tko and I have also experienced not being taken seriously because we are known to play “irrelevant” tiers. We have been ignored by upper tiers like old gens, cg ou, and “real” lower tiers with our magnificent suggestions such as “Use Victini it is a good mon,” “Life Orb Clefable looks good vs them,” or “You forgot Stealth Rock on that team.” Anonymity would solve this issue and help players on the team participate without fear, even if it may harm or not help players. Our opinion is that any advice is helpful and if they are interested in learning the tier, it would be helpful in the long run.

This does not mean that anonymity is the only solution for creating a competitive team environment where everyone has their voice. Our solution is to act as managers, you can take this up to your own interpretation.

I have accomplished many things, too many to list. This is not bragging as my YouTube Channel speaks for itself. I am more than qualified for a manager spot in this tour.
tko 's accomplishments may not be noteworthy, but we believe his experience in managing LC team tournaments and leading the B+ ranked Vileplumes to the biggest dark horse win in lower tiers history is sufficient.

View attachment 297267View attachment 297270
Words can not describe on how we feel. We have lost respect for Luthier and tko. If you are reading this, please do us a favor and remove your reaction on their post and help our cause.

If this post is deleted/edited and if we are not chosen as managers of SPL XII, then this proves that racism is deeply involved when choosing managers.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Feliburn and i would like to manage, and we'll happily take any team available.

after finishing first and second in the ru pool for snake, the best friends of ru are looking to take on their biggest challenge yet... the spl managerial field. i know what you're all thinking, how will these two measly lower tier players put together a team ranging all the way back to gen 1? well, i don't have an answer for you, but if chill shadow and snaga can do it, surely anything is possible.

on a more serious note, feli and i have been active in the tournaments community for years now after starting off as two ru room regulars that just wanted to play in spl. with lower tiers being removed this year, we thought it'd be a perfect time to try our hand in managing on an official level. feli and i have managed/captained pretty much every ru team tour for the past three to four years, so we're definitely no strangers to the drafting process. feli had his breakout year in tours this year with a 7-2 in snake, and 3-1 in wcop, but most importantly he continued to show that he is a fantastic and reliable teammate.

as someone who's been a part of teams like the snake ii serpents and snake iv rattlers, i know firsthand how much of a difference great managers make. feli and i are ready to put in the work to make the best team environment we possibly can, so we'd love the opportunity to be able to do so.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT- MAJOR CHANGE OF PLANS! SIGNING UP WITH JABBA, NOT CBU!

Initially I signed up with CBU. Was advised by TDs to pick someone else if I want a shot at this. Going to, with CBUs blessing (outright insistence, actually), heed their advice and sign up with JabbaTheGriffin instead.

We have managed four tours together and have won two of them and made finals of one more. Included among these wins was the most recent Ruins of Alph Premier League. Jabba has managed SPL twice in the past, has managed World Cup many, many times and is a veteran player in SPL and just in general, having been around since the Netbattle era. We're close friends and work well together and would love the opportunity to continue our track record of success in this tour.

We have no team preference and would be thrilled with anyone, but I'll throw out the names Classiest, Raiders or Scooters because they seem realistically more available than others. Thank you for considering!
Well I clearly did not intend to be making this post, but here it is. Confirming signing up with Callous sorry sprinkles

While my resume obviously speaks for itself, there is no doubt I have been out of the SPL scene for a while. Callous still wants me to sign up with him anyway. And at the end of the day, while my experience managing and running shit on Smogon will undoubtedly will provide Callous with significant support, he really does not need it. This would be the Callous show. I would sincerely urge the TDs to take a "risk" on Callous. The man runs what I would consider the best Pokemon tournament on the internet year after year and having witnessed his managing and drafting firsthand as his assistant manager many, many times, it is clear that if chosen, Callous will not only draft the best team in the tournament, he will make sure that team lives up to its potential. Give the man a chance this year and I guarantee you will not regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)