Resource 1v1 Sword and Shield Viability Rankings

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
nomming Urshifu-RS to A :urshifu:
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 172 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet (better for modest prim)
Or
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Roseli Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 Def
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Poison Fang
- Aqua Jet (s/o STABLE)(better for custap Prim)

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Assault Vest
EVs: 192 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Poison Jab

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 Atk / 108 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense / Bulk Up
- Body Press / Close Combat
- Taunt
- Surging Strikes
just some sets to give a picture. Anyhow I find Urshifu to be incredibly good in the current meta with Urshifu + Fairy check, Roseli being able to capitalise of most teams that function around this junction as well as AV taking out Magnezone and Primarina more reliably. Iron Defense/Bulk Up Urshifu has a great mu against Zygarde, Cune, and CB Avalugg and cb well is cb not really much to be said there other than it’s a strong wall breaker. Overall, I feel that Urshifu-RS has great splashability depending on what set you want to run and is a good option for some of the higher tiered Pokemon.

Last edited:

D2TheW

Amadán
OK, smely socks wanted viable people to make vr noms. I'm not viable but I'm more than willing to do what people tell me not to, especially at 1am so here's some noms

:shelmet: to c-
Shelmet @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Struggle Bug
- Acid Armor
- Recover
- Encore
Stall mon that can't be crit (type null? Never heard of it) and, more interestingly, can beat trick users like rachi thanks to encore. Beats literally every physical attacker bar the ones it loses to. Goat mon.

:Kartana: to A-
Sub liechi and sub lo are both solid sets and also there's this
252 Atk Life Orb Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 354-419 (103.8 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Wooo kart counters victini, don't look too hard into that

:Togekiss: to a+
100000000 sets, twave encore is as reliable as ever tho goatass mon.

I also agree with pas take on urshifu rapid, roseli is class and that mon just slaps in general.

Thanks for reading and special thanks to my mans THIS MACHINE for proof reading

smely socks, I am by no means viable, but I need an excuse to nom my most used mon so thanks :p

I’ve made a post on the compendium a bit ago but i never officially nomd so here:

I am nominating Moltres (:moltres:) to go from C- to C+.

Moltres @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 196 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Burn Up
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Beats Primarina and most slower water types. Moltres is very deceptively bulky and boosts it’s bulk further with Maranga. It obviously loses to faster physical attackers that can hit it super effectively. Sub provides superb versatility especially with the custap shenanigans. Has a pretty good matchup spread overall.

Other Quick Noms <3
Falls:

:cresselia: A -> B+
:necrozma: A -> B+
:moltres-galar: A -> B
:snorlax: A+ -> A
:suicune: A- -> B+
:regieleki: B+ -> B
Rises:
:togekiss: A -> A+
:avalugg: B- -> B+
:garchomp: B+ -> A

fuck homework I'm doing noms
sa.PNG

Imo top 5 rn is Vic, Urshi, Toge, Prim, Zygarde in that order w/ maybe a little bit of swapping and once Vic departs Lax is likely to become a solid 5th best. I disagree w/ gene being A+ just off the prospect that it is totally not at the same caliber as the other things in A+, to me you either move prim, zygarde, and toge to S- or drop Gene to A but the former is my preference. Toge is easily top 3 in this meta, both non-choice and choice sets still run through a vast majority of the tier. It has very respectable speed and bulk w/ an extraordinary typing and movepool. You have very little beating this thing consistently outside of electrics and particular steels such as aggron/rachi. Look at the rest of the mons here
:Victini: vs :Togekiss: This is by no stretch of the imagination a winning MU for vic. Counter/TWave might asw be insant loss and if u encore/trick t1 you may still get fucked by scarf. Taking like 4 slashes is kinda nice but it's not like anything besides cb is killing back. Overall very janky for vic.
:Urshifu: vs :Togekiss: Gets murdered by stab
:Genesect: vs :Togekiss: Anything outside of Scarf Gene is gonna get owned by scarf flame except for maybe occa but toge only needs one flinch vs occa.
:Primarina: vs :Togekiss: Custap owns scarf but otherwise your MU vs twave is atrocious since you do like jack and a lot of your outs are murdered by Encore.
:Snorlax: vs :Togekiss: If you BD t1 you may get tricked but if u attack t1 a counter may be coming. Anything outside of offensive lax just gets straight up owned by Trick/Encore. Overall, slight favor to Lax in general but not a completely losing MU for Toge.
:Zygarde: vs :Togekiss: Weird ass MU for Zygarde. Even WP is p annoyed by choice considering it can just Trick your Coil/Skitter Smack and non-WP gets completely trashed by choice. If the opp is running Encore/Twave this shit is even more annoying as basically any move you get locked into will result in you taking a shit ton of damage and Zygarde is p weak in face of Toge's bulk. Not entirely losing for Zygarde, but Toge will win this a lot.
:Cresselia: vs :Togekiss: Owned by Trick and Encore, even choice cress is prob just gonna get flinched down as it does little back even after u get a free hit on Trick.
:Jirachi: vs :Togekiss: Unless you run ghandi babiri counter then toge just gets murdered w/o doing anything back.
:Moltres-Galar: vs :Togekiss: Can't really kill Toge even with boosts and you're just gonna get gleamed or encored by TWave.
:Necrozma: vs :Togekiss: Can nuke scarf given the chance but gets walled by Twave and encore bones setup necro. Meteor Beam is kinda an option but Toge only needs two flinches.
:Rillaboom: vs :Togekiss: Gets slashed and cannot touch Toge.
:Togekiss: vs :Togekiss: :smogduck:

Various noms:
:Primarina: to S-: Still easily the best third/nonsense stomper in the tier. Having a Prim on your team instantly improves the quality. CM Encore is eternally nutty and Custap is a decent addition, but if u only use custap you're sabotaging yourself tbh idt custap is near its best set.
:Zygarde: to S-: Just absurdly fat and able to wall shit really well w/ Coil/Skitter Smack which also provides it an out vs Rilla. ESpeed can also make up for the fact it's somewhat weak and it completely owns custap shit outside of Sylv. Options like Sub/Rest are really nice. It only really gets owned consistently by strong ass Ice moves and Sylv.
:Necrozma: to A-(B+ if I'm being honest)- Necro has incredibly disappointing MUs across the board and honestly the only time I'd ever use it is because I want to or I want to lure shit w/ Meteor Beam. It faces incredibly rough competition from Cress as the immediate power does not make up at all for the lack of Trick, the great speed tier, or absurd natural bulk. Very susceptible to being cheesed by faster shit and even mons like Sylv/Prim can be really annoying for it. Not a fan.
:Togekiss: to S-: See above.
:Tapu Fini: to A: It's like Prim but a little less strength for a lot more speed and Trick. Sets it apart a lot imo, A- is certainly low for how often Fini just walls everything and slowly whittles them away w/ excellent stab.
:Suicune: to B+: I agree Suicune is decent but this ranking seems to be purely speculative. You face an insane amount of competition from Prim/Fini and while Pressure/Coat is cool and all it being ranked this high makes little sense. It's gonna fall over to any fairly strong/bulky phys attacker and Suicune is p weak so it wants to being walling or hitting the opp supereffective neither of which is incredibly uncommon for a mon of Suicune's caliber, but A- is overrating it as imo it lacks the inherent strong gimmick of other A- mons.
:Urshifu: RS to A: Read PA's post I don't really have much outside of that to say, Roseli is easily the best 3-0 fish rn and it covers an absurd amount at once asw as owning Prim/Sylv which is sexy.
:Dragapult: to B: way worse ghost horse once vic is gone, kinda preemptive but idc as soon as resisting fire isn't valuable this shit will be worse than spectrier af outside of offensive sets which are no better than B just because pult is kinda weak as fuck and carried by speed
:Garchomp: to A-: Custap SD sends everybody packing and choice is solid asw. It's surprisingly bulky, overall this shit would easily be like A+/S- if fairies didn't dominate the meta.
:Sylveon: to A: DUDE WHY IS THIS B+ HELLO THIS MON IS BUSTED. Custap is absurd and Yawn is still fucking ludicrous if u get 2 turns. Post-Vic this is like easily A+, the tier just folds to fairy stab this strong and a lot of mons that do take hits don't appreciate Fake Tears. I can't even fathom someone who plays this meta trying to justify B+ over anything higher.

various shit I cba to explain, highlight raise cross out drop
bb minus.PNG
c plus.PNG
c.PNG
various shit I do feel needs some explanation
:Sawk: to B+: Custap Sawk beats fairies outside of toge/yawn sylv/sitrus prim like p reliably w/ pjab and Counter/CC dispatches a lot of shit, B def underrating this.
:Ferrothorn: to B-: pretty sexy typing, I recommend you test this thing as it's p solid
:Nihilego: to B-: Incredibly nice MU fish rn, it 3-0s the ever present Fairy/Urshi/Vic nonsense but even past that the coverage and speed tier is just p solid.
:Zapdos: to B: Owns waters, Toge, and Grasses w/ Hurricane which is incredibly nice. Eerie Impulse makes sure it doesn't have to put up w/ some Custap nonsense and Sub allows you beat Sylv w/ Maranga/Impulse.
:Chansey: to B+: Walls such an absurd amount of mons in the tier. Sure some shit shuts it down w/ Trick or Rest type shit but other anti-stall measures such as setup and Taunt aren't necessarily even helpful. Congrats on Taunting my Chansey w/ Fini brother I will still be tossing it 4 times. You can also shut down various physical setup w/ Charm and special setup doesn't help at all usually(unless your name is 252+ modest sylv that gets a good beam roll.) Counter owns a lot, Toxic owns a lot. Chansey is incredibly solid in this meta, at very worst it is like B.
:Clefable: to B: Clef has a metric shit ton of useful options. Encore, CM, Counter, Charm, Cosmic Power, Soft-Boiled, and boltbeam+flame. I've been using this thing since Mimi and it has shown to have a lot of excellent sets compounded further by useful Unaware/Magic Guard. A really solid and diverse fairy in a meta where fairies are busted.

Well that's that, I played a lot for reqs and this meta is super fun. The meta was p lopsided in the past but I feel we have a lot of options in this one which means building SS is, dare I say, fun??? That's all I have for now, peace.

pqs

Banned deucer.
hi i'm gonna post my thoughts on the noms

C -> B-: gotta disagree with this one, I think pert is underrated and all but it's stretched really thin and a lot of its sets run on prediction like countercoat or luck like yawntect. water/ground is a neat typing for the meta but it's barely explored and is pretty bad vs the meta rn, outside of some of the top tiers. Stay at C or move to C+

UR -> C+: ????? this nom is super misleading, half the matchups for this was wrong:
Vict WP is the most common item and wisp with that just owns you, Can beat shifu with play rough, Sect, Snorlax if they don't have counter Custap + Earthquake owns you, Zygod if they're not haban or they don't coil t1 ..so basically no zygarde?, Darm-g, Darm, Garchomp endure custap is its best set, and it just endures and you take rough skin damage and then just kills u, Latios, non-balloon tran, choiced pult dragon darts, Pz with little bulk, nagandel, moltres-g, unnerve haxorus, Spectrier(depends on the set) ????? how are you beating wisp or disable, even if they dont have either of those moves you still have to get either really good stone edge accuracy or not get confused with outrage..., Zera without fake out or balloon, Dracovish, non custap Glastier, Kartana, Kyureum if not pressure stall, Phermosa without multi-hit move triple axel is phero's most common move at 82%... that'll be hard to find, Regieleki, Salazzle, archeops, Durant, hydriegon, latias, volc, dracozolt, niheilhigo without balloon, non-pressure stall raik and entei and zapdos, Blacephlon, regidraco, rotom-heat, aegi almost all of the rest of these mons are barely relevant to the meta so im too lazy to nitpick them

i think you should have put more research into your post, i'd use the sets compendium as its a great resource to see what mons run in ss :).
anyways i think tyrunt is pretty bad and outclassed by other good rocks like diancie and such so i'm going with Stay UR or maybe D

(RS) A- -> A: 100% agree with this one, urshi-rs is fantastic and super underrated because everyone expects ss at team preview and what I really like about it is its bulk up set, which lets it beat victini, urshi-ss, snorlax, and zygarde (which if you build ss are some of the most annoying mons to prep for) all in one set. there are also some off-sets like scarf and mystic water which make it even more unpredictable. i think it's an amazing mon and the only argument really being against it going up here is "it's trash" thanks Move up to A

UR -> C-: this actually looks okay and I'm willing to give it a try before voting UR on it, encore seems really neat and people really undervalue not being crit bait.
D or maybe C-

B+ -> A-: I've been thinking about it and looking at matchups and I realize Kartana is amazing, between SD, Scarf, and Band sets, it can cover roughly 60% of the meta, which is great and should definitely get it moved up. I find it to also be great in team preview as it almost always nets 2-1s or 3-0s versus teams that are spamming top tiers / good mons. It's of those mons that you need to test out before saying "this is bad" before logging off of the spreadsheet for a month and keeping your position. AGREED!

A -> A+: Togekiss has a bunch of sets that people actually use (!), most notably being Encore+Twave which just threatens things so much since it pressures you so hard into not clicking a status / weak move knowing that you can get locked in, but also having to take into account that you're getting para'd and they can set up on you / roost up. Just one set is absolutely amazing but it overall has a bunch of movepool options where you can just make so many variants to threaten so many structures and it's just crazy. A+ for sure.

C- -> C+: no reason to move this up because this nom was the exact same as smely's nom lol, if you're just reiterating what she said it won't get it moved anywhere

A -> B+: Hard disagree on this one, Cress's Trick+Scarf set is amazing at pressuring mons with status and can also pressure weaker foes as it can rest / moonlight stall them, and it also has the generic stall set which is quite good as well, pressuring more offensive mons. I'd like to know your reasoning on this since I view Cress as amazing and super pressure to builds rn so I just don't understand why. Stay

A -> B+: Same as the above, offensive and part-stall sets are both very threatening and I say there's no reason to move this down right now, it's outstanding and I'm closer to putting it to A+ than anything else. Stay / A+

A -> B: this is gonna need some reasoning chief, moltres g has AMAZING matchups overall (just look at the vr and this) with just one set and it would take a lot for me to even move it down just to A-. please explain. Stay or move to A+

A+ -> A: Lax is honestly amazing rn and I fully disagree with this nom, Belly Drum + Encore is insane on its own able to pressure builds like crazy (watch championships games, a lot of them had lax and it was a big threat at preview), and you also have stuff like Counter+whatever moves you need, and even Band is making a comeback since it can destroy things like Kart and Diancie, both rising in popularity recently. Keep A+

A- -> B+: as I was writing this, Suicune got moved down

B+ -> B: I haven't used this as much as most people so I can't really attest to its viability, but from my small amounts of usage with it I'd say its pretty mid since it has to rely on a lot of inaccurate moves and only electric stab + hyper beam.
B+ maybe but leaning B.

B- -> B: I personally find Avalugg to be overrated af and it's strange to see it being used so much since it's a worse Glastrier in most regards / generally has stiff competition with other Body Press mons, but I'm down to hear why you want this so high. Stay at B-

B+ -> A: just why

-----------

and a VR nom from myself:

-> B+: Phenomenal anti-meta mon right now, Rock/Fairy typing with its fucking 150 / 150 defenses is absolutely amazing both defensively and offensively and just has generally great matchups. Victini, Urshifu-S, Zygarde, Trick Scarf Cress, GMoltres, Togekiss, and most Urshifu-R all fall prey to its best set (weakness policy). Not to mention TR+Encore is SUCH a good combination which effectively renders using status moves / low BP moves useless against it when played right. I personally use this set which is full on defenses because you're 2HKOing most things anyways, but helps you take on Band Haxorus and Specs Naganadel the best, iirc. Absolutely the same level/even above other mons in B+ like Pult, Regieleki, Naganadel...

nolenot

Banned deucer.
Nomming rotom-heat to B/B- rank
im only doing scarf and specs
S Rank
:victini: Victini: Specs beats everything besides banded zen headbutt (excluding flinches) and maybe some wacko light screen set. Scarf just loses to zen heatbutt, p much a win overall.

S- Rank
:urshifu:: Urshifu-S Scarf loses. specs beats everything besides AV and band, lives scarf but doesn't kill AV

A+ Rank
:genesect: Genesect: beats everything besides DOUSE drive, and that's visible on preview so its not even a bait anymore. W.
:Primarina: Primarina beats everything besides AV custap and wacan, so its like 20-80(there u go hctc) sometimes you win sometimes you don't.
:Snorlax: Snorlax L expect for para lololool
:zygarde: Zygarde bruh

A Rank
:cresselia: Cresselia trick can beat stall and overheat beats specs/scarf, it also beats scarf trick rest cress because you are a choice item as well.
:jirachi: Jirachi W unless some bs
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G W unless some wacko spdef custap berserk set, and you live molt half the time anyway
:necrozma: Necrozma L unless crit xd
:rillaboom: Rillaboom W
:togekiss: Togekiss W might lose with specs but like who cares train ur luck stat noob

A- Rank
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar W with scarf and correct Def EVs always unless stone edge but who runs that and specs beats non-edge scarf darm
:registeel: Registeel fotnite W wit trick+overheat xd gg lol!!!!!
:Sylveon: Sylveon beats yawn 2/3 of the time, trick 50/50s custap and overheat just beats specs, you win like 5/6 times
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini W against anything besides scarf hydro, AV and that dumbass wp set lmao. On ladder i usually always win this mu.
:urshifu: Urshifu-R i mean this beats that one slow set but L lmao

you know I'm starting to second guess my nomming here, but what else can beat togekiss bitch
B+ Rank
:aggron: Aggron L unless para lmao
:Dragapult: Dragapult L
:garchomp: Garchomp L
:Haxorus: Haxorus L
:kartana: Kartana W
:naganadel: Naganadel L
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z L unless some slow shit and W with scarf and pz isn't spedef but u just die to hyper beam
:regieleki: Regieleki W
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior L
:spectrier: Spectrier 50/50ish between offensive and subdisable
:suicune: Suicune scarf wins with bolt, specs sometimes wins or is faster, or tricks on mirror coat but loses mostly. 50/50
:volcanion: Volcanion w unless bs custap or av, but idk i usually win this
:Zeraora: Zeraora Win unless life orb knock off which can be teched if you are cool using wisp.

B Rank
:Arcanine: Arcanine L unless not stall
:blaziken: Blaziken actually don't know, scarf probably wins against non-custap and so does specs IF you have defense EVss but both lose to reversal
:Crustle: Crustle bruh
:diancie: Diancie bruh
:glastrier: Glastrier W
:heatran: Heatran W
:Kyurem: Kyurem L unless trick on Stall
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T W!
:latios: Latios L
:pheromosa: Pheromosa Scarf wins against band/specs, Specs loses. 50/50.
:raikou: Raikou L
:Sawk: Sawk L
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko trick on stall and overheat on offensive, 50/50
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele W against not specs, p much a 50/50

overall this mu chart is pretty SHIT ngl, BUT it BEATS TOGEKISS AND RACHI and that's why it should be at LEAST B-. Also its a very good "window washer" or whatever the fuck tol put in his metagame discussion post mon, where it can easily just wash out a bunch of irrelevant rando mons you find at low ladder which makes this VERY useful. Thank you all for making me waste my time on this stupid ass post instead of doing my damn science homework due in literally 2 hours. fuck you!
I'm too lazy 2 go below C tier for this chart but trust me its a lot better than these high tiers, bcuz this mon is just a really good window washer for just overheating to death random mons that try to tech the meta.
ok nvm I'm bored time to do the rest of the VR [noobs] lolololololol

B- Rank
:Aegislash: Aegislash W
:archeops: Archeops L with specs W with scarf unless scarf arc then u just lose. 50/50
:Avalugg: Avalugg W with either wisp or nasty plot and trick
:azumarill: Azumarill W against stall or anything besides AV really
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt L
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon L
:metagross: Metagross W
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G W unless adaband or some shit or scarf

C+ Rank
:blacephalon: Blacephalon L against specs
:buzzwole: Buzzwole W
:celesteela: Celesteela W
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar 50/50 between trick and overheatif you are specs, and you just win if you're Trick+Rest
:Dracovish: Dracovish L
:Durant: Durant W with scarf and just dodge stone edge with specs lol its like 65%, and just hard W if they aren't stone edge I'm not bothering to look at usage noobs
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn W lol
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir W lol UNLESS u are that stupid ass smely set but i think its just a 50/50 roll anyway, but you beat garde like 90% of the time with both sets unless they fucking click disable with their choice scarf but like I think you just win anyway bcuz struggle doesn't kill u lol.
:gastrodon: Gastrodon ur mom did my L
:incineroar: Incineroar W
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o L
:landorus: Landorus W
:latias: Latias L
:magnezone: Magnezone W with trick wisp, the only viable set, also you just win if they don't click mirror coat
:nihilego: Nihilego L
:regidrago: Regidrago L
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat idk bro, you tell me
:volcarona: Volcarona 50/50
:Whimsicott: Whimsicott W unless occa or lefties but literally who runs that and anyway anyone who runs fucking lefties on whimmsicott probably doesn't know to pp stall lol
:weavile: Weavile W unless ur specs and they are pp stall but w/e
:zapdos: Zapdos W with trick
:zarude: Zarude W

C Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse 50/50
:articuno: Articuno W stfu rav
:chansey: Chansey L
:Clefable: Clefable W
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr W unless av but like that's the case for every special attacker against every mon and who runs av anyway amirite
:Darmanitan: Darmanitan defense EVs and scarf darm doesn't kill
:Diggersby: Diggersby idk slow diggs might die to overheat. 50/50
:entei: Entei L unless offensive entei so 50/50 ig
:goodra: Goodra L
:hawlucha: Hawlucha 50/50 if endure, W if not
:mamoswine: Mamoswine W if no rock move, L if so
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz W
:regice: Regice W
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom-W L
:Scizor: Scizor W
:swampert: Swampert L
:tyranitar: Tyranitar L
:venusaur: Venusaur W

C- Rank
:Blissey: Blissey L
:Carracosta: Carracosta L
:Chandelure: Chandelure 50/50ish
:Corviknight: Corviknight W
:Gyarados: Gyarados W unless they are scarf and u are specs, but just W with scarf so i am going to say we win these
:Moltres: Moltres W
:Porygon2: Porygon2 W trick
:salamence: Salamence L
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-T w Overheat probably wins
:Vaporeon: Vaporeon specs kills but scarf doesn't, 50/50

D Rank
:aron: Aron W trick
:drampa: Drampa L
:gigalith: Gigalith L
:nidoking: Nidoking W
:Noivern: Noivern L
:Pyukumuku: Pyukumuku W
:regirock: Regirock L
:relicanth: Relicanth L
:Tsareena: Tsareena W
:Xurkitree: Xurkitree W
basically if you take out dumbass sturdy mons and dragons, because those can all be beaten with a good enough teamm8, this mon p much covers a really nice niche and beats ALL the grass types and random mons you want to beat. so yes rotom heat is c00l ngl bro. u cant say u know more about heattom matchups than me until YOU make the teammates stats for rotom heat on 1v1 75% sylveon and dragapult. Mubs out

Last edited:
:regieleki: Regieleki W
I'm pretty sure specs loses to stall, unless you use flamethrower + trick, except no one does.
Without a damaging move that isn't overheat or electric, the most you can do is chain mind games until Regi reads you wrong. Which isn't a hard W.
Also it's a L without trick.

Edit : Hold on I'm taking a trip to the teambuilder real quick

Last edited:
Regieleki @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Thunder Cage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
This is the Regieleki set I've been climbing the ladder with. And basically, there's no mon I know that hit the special defense and win just by blasting attacks at it. Even with no investment, 200 base speed still outspeeds Modest scarf rotom. And at -2, even specs fails to kill with overheat.
Btw for specs, trick will come after Eleki's first move, so Eleki still gets to choose what move he does t2. Same for modest scarf.

Tl;dr Regieleki can do to special attackers what Deoxys-speed used to do to them

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
Regieleki @ Air Balloon
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpD / 160 Spe
Calm Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Rest
- Light Screen
- Thunder Cage
i used this set bc it outspeeds scarf kyurem,, light screen helps a lot with taking special hits and i put air balloon bc i do not want earth power to go brr,,, i was inspired to build this after seeing the spoiler below,, i know that physical sets exist but this set helps shut down any sort of special variant,,

+---------------------------------------+
| Checks and Counters
| Kyurem 100.000 (100.00±0.00)
| (100.0% KOed / 0.0% switched out)

Alright, before seasonal starts I'd like to make a bunch of VR noms. I played a lot more SS than I ever thought I would so I think can speak off of educated experience. I'm also gonna drop some sets 'n everything.

1608467326887.png
Genesect to S- rank

If you've seen me discuss about the metagame you know I'm a huge fan of this Pokemon. This nom actually takes into consideration post-Victini ban as well, since I think Gene is the one mon that will benefit from the ban the most within the entire tier. This mon has amazing typing both offensively and defensively as it can hit pretty much the entire tier besides certain steel types with its STABs alone. It only has one weakness, fire types, which is x4, and while this is annoying, gene can easily tackle on random fire coverage with occa berry, tanking it with its very good defensive stats. 71/95/95 bulk is great for a purely offensive mon, and while 99 base speed is not ideal it is still quite faster than the majority of the tier. It has basically every useful type coverage both physically and specially. 120 in both offensive stats with Download and moves like fthrower, tbolt, ice beam, gunk shot, blaze kick, espeed, eball make this mon absolutely ludicrous and capable to beat pretty much everything without losing opportunity cost. New STAB moves like Steel Beam and Leech Life push this mon even further. But enough theorycrafting, let's look at actual sets and MUs
Genesect @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon / Steel Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Energy Ball

standard but still amazing, steel beam beats urshifu
Genesect @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam / Flash Cannon
- Bug Buzz / Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Protect / Extreme Speed

custap beater
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 8 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Bug Buzz / Steel Beam
- Ice Beam / Steel Beam
- Flamethrower / Steel Beam

beats shit like darmg kiss and pult which try beating gene by simply being faster
Genesect @ Occa Berry / Literally any item in the game
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Ice Beam / Blaze Kick / Extreme Speed / Flamethrower / any move really

having shift gear as a boosting move is amazing and leech life gives you so much sustenance you can beat mons that you usually wouldnt be able to.
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Blaze Kick
- Gunk Shot

imo better than special scarf as it has greater mus against mons like prim and fini
Genesect @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Gunk Shot / Blaze Kick
- Extreme Speed

ok, cb espeed is ridiculous. Since literally everyone and their mom is using more spd than def for the download boost, ada band +1 espeed does SO MUCH DAMAGE

+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 148+ Def Primarina: 198-233 (54.5 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Moltres-Galar: 205-242 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 352-415 (116.9 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 328-387 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 264-311 (91.9 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 272-321 (90.3 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Archeops: 144-170 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO ????????

and this is just espeed alone, half of these mons I didnt even know genesect could beat, they seemed like absolute 0-100 MUs but now suddenly gene has a chance lmao. And this is just ignoring how much raw damage ada band +1 iron head and leech life do
Genesect @ Occa Berry / Life Orb / Expert Belt / Assault Vest / Literally anything dude lmao
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot / Blaze Kick
- Iron Head
- Leech Life
- Extreme Speed

this is also so good I won't go into detail on it but you can even run item-less on it, double stab + gunk shot + espeed just beats a ludicrous amount of custap mons
Genesect @ Normal Gem
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Giga Impact
- Electroweb
- Iron Head

This is sort of a meme? but the set beats AV Urshifu without sacrificing the Primarina MU. Being able to fire off a 200 BP move off of which download you prefer, combined with eweb speed control is pretty cool still.
Btw generally I'm a bigger fan of physical Gene cause it has better prim/fini MU, Iron Head flinching and Leech Life healing is super good for unexpected MUs and espeed is pog over protect.

Also keep in mind that most of these sets are 252 252 because Gene is generally amazing even without proper optimization. Imagine how good it can be once its sets get more optimized
S Rank
:victini: Victini is getting banned soon

S- Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-S loses to specs steel beam

A+ Rank
:genesect: Genesect ditto, fun fact I've beaten special flamethrower genesect by virtue of getting 1 iron head flinch lmfao
:Primarina: Primarina all physical gene sets pretty much own this, and stuff like Life Orb still wins
:Snorlax: Snorlax Band Gene wins unless it runs Heat Crash (heat crash can lose to occa)
:zygarde: Zygarde ice beam on any set wins, and even band can win given how much spdef this runs (although you have to like, iron head flinch or something. Not that low of a chance)

A Rank
:cresselia: Cresselia click bug move
:jirachi: Jirachi occa shift gear beats scarf. Stall rachi pretty much has to guess if its physical or special and even if it guesses correctly it can still lose.
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G band wins, life orb wins
:necrozma: Necrozma stall always loses. Specs gene wins vs specs necrozma since necrozma has higher def than spdef but if they run more spdef for download then they lose to band
:rillaboom: Rillaboom click bug stab
:togekiss: Togekiss occa, physical scarf and special scarf all win

A- Rank
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar scarf wins. band espeed is a roll
:registeel: Registeel Band Blaze Kick wins
:Sylveon: Sylveon always wins
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini pretty much always wins
:urshifu: Urshifu-R specs tbolt wins. Normal Gem wins

B+ Rank
:aggron: Aggron one of gene's worst MUs, but Life Orb wins
:Dragapult: Dragapult scarf/shift gear win
:garchomp: Garchomp any ice beamers in the chat?
:Haxorus: Haxorus any special set wins and physical can also win
:kartana: Kartana basically every set wins as long as they run neutral special move or blaze kick. Even band can win cause leech life heals so much and sometimes kartana runs life orb
:naganadel: Naganadel physical scarf wins. band is a roll
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z any set with espeed/protect wins
:regieleki: Regieleki band wins
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior life orb wins
:spectrier: Spectrier shift gear and physical scarf win
:suicune: Suicune specs wins
:volcanion: Volcanion scarf beats scarf, specs beats all the other sets. Unless they run like 244 evs in spdef lmao
:Zeraora: Zeraora shift gear wins, band wins if zera isnt blaze kick

B Rank
:Arcanine: Arcanine look, the second hard counter on the VR yet! +1 192+ SpA Normal Gem Genesect Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 380-448 (98.9 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO owned
:blaziken: Blaziken this is an 0-100 mu until genesect pulls up with band espeed and gets the roll xd
:Crustle: Crustle hard mu for gene but life orb with espeed wins. physical gene can also flinch
:diancie: Diancie click steel stab
:glastrier: Glastrier p much all sets win
:heatran: Heatran +1 252+ SpA Genesect-Douse Techno Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 386-456 (119.5 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jk you just lose
:Kyurem: Kyurem the only way gene loses is if its band and kyurem is sub tect roost xd
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T any ice beamers in the chat?
:latios: Latios occa wins, physical scarf wins. every set wins if latios isnt mystical fire
:pheromosa: Pheromosa band espeed and scarf win
:raikou: Raikou shift gear and physical scarf win. Band can win cause struggle does 12 billion damage
:Sawk: Sawk occa espeed wins, rough MU otherwise. life orb/band can both win if it doesnt have fire punch
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko special scarf wins
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele any "click steel stab"ers in the chat?

B- Rank
:Aegislash: Aegislash fthrower specs should win, unless aegi has wack evs
:archeops: Archeops scarf and BAND ESPEED BRRRRR
:Avalugg: Avalugg life orb with espeed wins (why are you guys even running protect lmao). Band gene can also beat band avalugg if it gets one iron head flinch in 2
:azumarill: Azumarill almost all sets win
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt band espeed and scarf bug buzz are both rolls
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon occa, specs, scarf win
:metagross: Metagross all sets win
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G band and any set with espeed/protect win

C+ Rank
:blacephalon: Blacephalon L
:buzzwole: Buzzwole special gene wins
:celesteela: Celesteela rough MU, but Occa with Blaze Kick actually wins
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar this mon kinda hard counters but Life Orb with Steel Beam still wins
:Dracovish: Dracovish life orb and specs win
:Durant: Durant any fire coverage in the chat
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn any fire coverage in the chat
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir occa, band espeed, scarf all win. If garde doesnt have mystical fire then "any steel stab in the chat"
:gastrodon: Gastrodon specs eball wins ig lol. otherwise yea gastrodon kinda counters this
:incineroar: Incineroar honestly I'm surprised I haven't found a way to beat this yet
:Kommo-o: Kommo-o any special set wins
:landorus: Landorus almost every set wins
:latias: Latias occa and physical scarf win. if it's not running mystical fire then p much all sets win
:magnezone: Magnezone life orb espeed wins, physical wins if it has blaze kick
:nihilego: Nihilego any physical set wins, special scarf wins
:regidrago: Regidrago band wins, occa wins, physical scarf wins
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat L woo
:volcarona: Volcarona +1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 289-340 (92.9 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO LOL ok you lose otherwise but this is too funny
:Whimsicott: Whimsicott very set dependant. babiri can still die to fire stab if it doesn't have the right evs. specs flash cannon can still kill through babiri
:weavile: Weavile loses to all sets lol
:zapdos: Zapdos specs zapdos hard counters with heat wave (except occa shift gear can still win by getting one flinch xd)
:zarude: Zarude ever click bug stab

C Rank
:Aromatisse: Aromatisse steel stab
:articuno: Articuno steel stab
:chansey: Chansey shift gear wins vs counter. charm is annoying but band still only needs one flinch
:Clefable: Clefable click steel stab
:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr Genesect usually loses but life orb steel beam can still cheese a win if it predicts protect correctly. CB also only needs one flinch
:Darmanitan: Darmanitan +1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 328-387 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO. L otherwise
:Diggersby: Diggersby band beats band, occa shift gear beats scarf, I think?
:entei: Entei L
:goodra: Goodra all sets should win unless goodra has fire coverage, in which case only occa wins
:hawlucha: Hawlucha life orb espeed and band should win
:mamoswine: Mamoswine click steel stab
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz specs should win
:regice: Regice physical and specs win
:Rotom-Wash: Rotom-W specs beats stall, physical beats offensive
:Scizor: Scizor any fire coverage in the chat
:swampert: Swampert I have no idea what this mon does but I.. think gene wins?
:tyranitar: Tyranitar click steel stab
:venusaur: Venusaur gene should win cba to do mu properly

:jirachi: Jirachi to A-/B+

Jirachi has become very overwhelming with the powercreep in DLC2. it can certainly run a lot of sets but it's very weak offensively so each set individually falls very short of what its supposed potential is. Stall is probably considered the "best" set but it is only good if you consider "surprise factor". stall jirachi is totally outclassed by mons like necrozma/cress/registeel/torkoal otherwise. Scarf Jirachi is pretty decent but its stabs are kinda weak coming off of only a base 100 atk stat, and the fact that you're kinda forced to run jolly for darmg. I've seen people run around with huge defensive evs + moonblast on scarf to beat Urshifu, which simply loses to AV Urshifu, its best set (and unless you run a ludicrous amount of defense which cripples your already poor attack stat even more you still lose to like LO sucker). between all the top tiers Jirachi has a bad MU vs Prim, loses to Urshifu, doesn't have a good MU against Genesect, loses to lax, loses to zyg, loses to moltresg, bad MU vs necrozma, doesn't even have a good MU vs rilla since grassy seed takes so little from iron head and does a ton with high horsepower /if rachi doesn't trick rilla needs one sd to win with grassy glide lmao). the only mons it has any good MUs vs in the top tier is like, cresselia, kiss, darmg, regi, sylv, fini. And it's not like it destroys the mons below A- tier either, mons like pult/chomp/rhyp/regieleki still hard counter it (hell, even naganadel actually has a quite winning MU with minor invest bulk, since it tanks zen headbutt and kills with fire blast).
It's a very niche mon and running stupid sets like shuca icy wind or whatever isn't very justifiable when there are way better options to beat the mons you wanna beat. This mon certainly doesn't deserve being in the same ranks as necrozma/moltresg or above sylv/fini. "Surprise factor" shouldn't influence jirachi so much, either, lol

1608473030513.png
Nihilego to B-

I've been using this mon a lot with quite decent success and I gotta say, the anti meta virtue of this mon makes it very good as its specs set beats victini, urshifu, sylv, specs gene, moltresg, togekiss, non-lo/cb rilla, fini, band darmg and urshifu rapid. And even other sets like power herb meteor beam or AV acid spray can be good as they beat primarina, some non-specs gene sets and most forms of stall. I'm not sure if the nom will still hold up once Victini is gone but nihi is still a good mon.

I would also nom Terrakion as it has a similar niche of hard countering victini and beating almost every urshifu but I'd have to wait to see how good it is post Victini ban before nomming it.

As a last note I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the VR has been holding up and keeping up with recent metagame trends. I thought I'd have to make way more noms but I pretty much agree with most of the placings, only slightly disagreeing with a select few which aren't worth bringing up (I'd bring up Suicune to B/B- that mon is ass, it only does one thing and it doesn't even do it well but I need to try it before judging it).

thanks for reading have a nice day

md.png
"Where we don't know how to build a fence!"

Wanted to try out more of a theme'd VR post this time around. And for those who could not tell already it's based off Jurassic Park
=================================================================================================

The Tyrannosaurus Rex, The King of Dinosaurs. Known for it's big head, tiny brain and little arms. (Which can bicep curl 430lbs/195kg)
This ancient beast roamed the land roughly 70-80 million years ago. But with the power of marketing and profits, The Pokémon Company decided to cash in on this creatures existence and bring us their depiction of the fabled beast. With that I present to you Tyrunt & Tyrantrum, the Dino Duo!

Tyrunt
tyrunt.jpg

"Tyrunt is an LC Pokémon. This is a shitpost!" yea well, Tyrunt may LC it also has an ability not many people actually know about. Tyrunt get Sturdy!
I've used Tyrunt since generation 7, was always a nice bait to beat Charizard & co. And I always enjoyed people's reactions when not knowing this Pokémon got access to sturdy and lost because of it. And now, as I'm sure we all know, Custap Berry is back. Sturdy & Custap is always a great pairing
List of Tyrunt Sets
Custap Sturdy (Tyrunt) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Close Combat/Filler
- Outrage/Filler
- Stone Edge/Filler
Deal damage & use Custap to deal more damage lol
Custap Jaw (Tyrunt) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Psychic Fangs/Filler
- Crunch/Filler
- Ice Fang/Filler
Strong Jaw boosts bite moves 1.5x
Lum Berry (Tyrunt) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat/Filler
- Outrage/Filler
- Stone Edge/Filler
- Fire Fang/Filler
Lum Berry protects against Wil-o-Wisp
Choice Band (Tyrunt) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang/Filler
- Close Combat/Filler
- Outrage/Filler
- Stone Edge/Filler
Deal Damage that hurts

252+ Atk Tyrunt Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Victini: 218-260 (53.9 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrunt Fire Fang vs. 52 HP / 20 Def Genesect: 368-436 (124.3 - 147.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrunt Stone Edge vs. 128 HP / 252+ Def Moltres-Galar: 320-380 (90.6 - 107.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tyrunt Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 444-524 (126.4 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tyrunt Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regidrago: 576-680 (106.4 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tyrunt Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Regieleki: 320-378 (106.3 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you wanted to run Rock Tomb you can pull this off as well
252+ Atk Tyrunt Stone Edge vs. 128 HP / 252+ Def Moltres-Galar: 216-254 (61.1 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tyrunt Rock Tomb vs. 128 HP / 252+ Def Moltres-Galar: 132-156 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tyrantrum
knk.png

Tyrantrum is a very unquiet Pokémon. It's Rock/Dragon typing alone allows it to stand apart. Being the King of the Dinosaurs, Tyrantrum knows how to deliver fierce attacks with its base 121 attack stat & can take a hit right back with it's notable 119 base defense. Combined with a solid move pool to choose from it's one of those Pokémon that can easily find usage if sets were available to the public. Its 71 base speed stat seems like a fair fit for the creature based off its real life nature. Overall this Pokémon has the ability to take down big threats and make a dent in the 1v1 metagame
(It's been speculated that the T-Rex can reach 45 miles an hour, but also noted that after 15 miles an hour the bone in it's bone will begin to break. Really gives those car chase scenes in the movies more prospective lol)

Custap #1
Tyrantrum @ Custap Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 104 HP / 180 Atk / 224 Def
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Close Combat

Custap #2
Tyrantrum @ Custap Berry
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Endure
- Psychic Fangs

Custap #3
Tyrantrum @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Endure
- Earthquake

Custap #4
Tyrantrum @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Endure
- Head Smash
- Fire Fang
- Psychic Fangs
Victini Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 240 HP / 16 Def Victini: 476-564 (118.7 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Genesect Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 282-333 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Moltres-Galar Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 128 HP / 252+ Def Moltres-Galar: 374-444 (105.9 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Togekiss Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Togekiss: 366-432 (97.8 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Darmanitan-Galar Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Galar: 782-924 (222.7 - 263.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Aggron Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 8+ Def Aggron: 66-78 (19.2 - 22.7%) -- possible 5HKO 180+ Atk Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8+ Def Aggron: 236-280 (68.8 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 248 Atk Aggron Earthquake vs. 104 HP / 224 Def Tyrantrum: 138-164 (41.6 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Aggron: 72-85 (20.9 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO 180+ Atk Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Aggron: 256-304 (74.6 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Dragapult Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 492-582 (155.2 - 183.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 307-363 (96.8 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Haxorus Match-Up
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Outrage vs. 104 HP / 224 Def Tyrantrum: 308-366 (93 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Naganadel Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 504-594 (175.6 - 206.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Porgon-Z Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 325-384 (104.5 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Suicine Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 216-255 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery 252+ SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 258-304 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Volcanion Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Volcanion: 366-432 (100.5 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Zeraora Match-Up
180+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 307-363 (96.5 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO 252+ Atk Choice Band Zeraora Outrage vs. 104 HP / 224 Def Tyrantrum: 278-328 (83.9 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Calculations will be new from here on out to avoid wasting your time, and saving my time. Also minus a few of the clearly straight forward match-ups

Genesect Match-Up
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Genesect: 360-428 (104 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Snorlax Match-Up
252+ Atk Tyrantrum Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 258-304 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 248 Def Tyrantrum on a critical hit: 216-255 (70.5 - 83.3%) -- approx. 2HKO 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Psychic Fangs vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Psychic Fangs vs. -1 0 HP / 252 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 344-406 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Garchomp Match-Up
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Ice Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 464-548 (129.6 - 153%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Kartana Match-Up
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 352-416 (135.9 - 160.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Suicune Match-Up
252+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 228-268 (56.4 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Zeraora Match-Up
252+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 325-384 (102.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Haban #1
Tyrantrum @ Haban Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Close Combat

Strong Jaw Haban
Tyrantrum @ Haban Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Head Smash

SpD Haban
Tyrantrum @ Haban Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Outrage
- Scale Shot
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
Dragapult Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragapult Dragon Darts (1st Hit w/ Haban) vs. 72 HP / 252 Def Tyrantrum: 90-108 (27.8 - 33.4%) -- approx. 0% chance to 3HKO 252+ Atk Choice Band Dragapult Dragon Darts (2nd Hit w/o Haban) vs. 72 HP / 252 Def Tyrantrum: 180-212 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- approx. 2HKO

Garchomp Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyrantrum: 314-372 (85.3 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO 4 Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 344-408 (96.3 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Naganadel Match-Up
252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Haban Berry Tyrantrum: 310-366 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These calculations are to show the Haban Match-Ups ; The rest of the calcs above apply
Shuca/Balloon #1
Tyrantrum @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulldoze
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Head Smash

Shuca/Balloon #2
Tyrantrum @ Shuca Berry
Adamant Nature
- Scale Shot
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Head Smash
Aggron Match-Up
96+ Atk Tyrantrum Bulldoze vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Aggron: 140-168 (40.6 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 96+ Atk Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Aggron: 232-276 (67.4 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Garchomp Match-Up
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 88 HP / 252 Def Tyrantrum: 276-326 (84.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 88 HP / 252 Def Shuca Berry Tyrantrum: 115-136 (35.1 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Excadrill Match-Up
252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 64 HP / 252 Def Tyrantrum: 268-320 (83.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 64 HP / 252 Def Shuca Berry Tyrantrum: 168-199 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zygarde Match-Up
252+ Atk Tyrantrum Scale Shot (3 hits) vs. +1 176 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 150-180 (37.4 - 44.8%) -- approx. 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Ice Fang vs. +1 176 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 252-300 (62.8 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

These calculations are meant to show the the match-up vs ground attackers ; the other calculations are above
Babiri Berry Set #1
Tyrantrum @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fire Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash

Babiri Berry Set #2
Tyrantrum @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
IVs: 21 Def
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
Genesect Match-up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Genesect Flash Cannon vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Babiri Berry Tyrantrum: 202-238 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ SpA Choice Specs Genesect Ice Beam vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Tyrantrum: 304-358 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 40 Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 52 HP / 20 Def Genesect: 348-412 (117.5 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO +1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Iron Head vs. 216 HP / 0- Def Babiri Berry Tyrantrum: 276-325 (76.8 - 90.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Heatran Match-Up
252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Babiri Berry Tyrantrum: 144-169 (40.1 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Kartana Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 88 HP / 252+ Def Tyrantrum: 266-314 (81.3 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 168 Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 300-356 (110.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These calculations are for Pokémon who have strong Steel based attacks ; the other calculations above apply
AV Tyrantrum
Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Gentle Nature
- Crunch
- Head Smash
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang

AV Variant
Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Gentle Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Head Smash
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang

AV vs Max Def Primarina
Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang
- Head Smash
- Poison Fang
Genesect Match-Up
1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Genesect Ice Beam vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 304-358 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Primarina Match-Up
40 Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Thunder Fang vs. 248 HP / 148 Def Primarina: 182-216 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 48+ SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 188-224 (52.3 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Cresselia Match-Up
40 Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Crunch vs. 252 HP / 100+ Def Cresselia: 150-178 (33.7 - 40%) -- 35.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery 0 SpA Cresselia Moonblast vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 72-86 (20 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Moltres-Galar Match-Up
40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 72+ Def Moltres-Galar: 362-428 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO 112+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 79-94 (22 - 26.1%) -- 7.8% chance to 4HKO
Togekiss Match-Up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 270-320 (75.2 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Togekiss: 374-444 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Tapu Fini Match-Up
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 132-156 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO 40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 175-207 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 175-207 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO recoil 50/50 or run rock head
Porygon-Z Match-Up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 183-216 (50.9 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 148 Def Porygon-Z: 219-258 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Spectrier Match-Up
0 SpA Spectrier Hex (130 BP) vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 127-151 (35.3 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage 40 Atk Strong Jaw burned Tyrantrum Crunch vs. 160 HP / 252 Def Spectrier: 113-134 (29.6 - 35.1%) -- 17.7% chance to 3HKO
Volcanion Match-Up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 216 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 195-231 (54.3 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 40 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 148 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 338-398 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Match-ups for Sylveon are 70/30 in Sylveon's favor//Necrozma is 50/50
172+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Thunder Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 182-216 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 20 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 244 SpD Assault Vest Tyrantrum: 186-222 (60.9 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tyrantrum @ Roseli Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Atk / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang
- Head Smash
- Outrage

It's the same Calculation as the one above
Yache Berry Set
Tyrantrum @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 104 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
Genesect Match-Up
+1 252+ SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Yache Berry Tyrantrum: 208-245 (56.5 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Genesect Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Tyrantrum: 312-367 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Darmanitan Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Tyrantrum: 312-367 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is meant to show Tyrantrum vs Ice moves ; the other sets apply
Chople Berry Set
Tyrantrum @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Psychic Fangs

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Psychic Fangs vs. -1 0 HP / 252 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 344-406 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Tyrantrum: 279-328 (80.4 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zeraora Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Zeraora Close Combat vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Tyrantrum: 167-197 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

These calculations are to show strong Fighting moves vs Tyrantrum ; the other calculations apply
Weakness Policy SpD
Tyrantrum @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Thunder Fang

Weakness Policy Def
Tyrantrum @ Weakness Policy
Impish Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Outrage

Tapu Fini Match-Up
252 SpA Pixie Plate Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Tyrantrum: 300-354 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO +2 54 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 352-415 (102.6 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Porygon-Z Match-Up
252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Ice Beam vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Tyrantrum: 300-354 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO +2 54 Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Porygon-Z: 532-627 (171 - 201.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion Match-Up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 200 HP / 252+ SpD Tyrantrum: 294-346 (82.8 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Garchomp Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyrantrum: 314-372 (85.3 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

These calculations are to make them fear your weaknesses due to 2x power-up
Jolly Scarf
Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Crunch

Adamant Scarf
Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Outrage
- Head Smash
- Crunch
Choice Band Set #1
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash

Choice Band Set #2
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Impish Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Head Smash
- Outrage

Choice Band Set #3
Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Head Smash

Primarina Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 334-394 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
Rillaboom Match-Up
252+ Atk Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum in Grassy Terrain: 136-162 (44.4 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery 252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Tyrantrum Ice Fang vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 242-286 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
Registeel Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 172 Def Registeel: 256-302 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Sylveon Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sylveon: 396-466 (100.5 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 656-774 (210.9 - 248.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Choice Band is very common on this Pokémon ; the calculations are affected by 1.5x multiplier

The brontosaurus, one of the most well-known Dinosaurs. It's huge size, long neck and tail are a sight to behold. This creature roamed the land well before any of us were born. And like everyone else at one point in time have been amazed by what life created on Earth. Combining real life wonders with childhood memories & hobbies is a recipe for instant success. Mr. Hitoshi Ariga sure thought so. Combining a creature from the past with the beautiful sight of the Northern Lights, the Pokémon now known as Aurorus was created.

Aurorus, The Tundra Pokemon

mek.jpg

Aurorus, is a Rock/Ice type Pokémon. The only Pokémon with this typing. This majestic Pokémon has decent stats around the board, but its 123HP is a great asset to this Pokémon's viability. Aurorus has the move, Mirror Coat ; which means "If hit by special attack, returns double damage." Paired with its 123HP it only makes the damage returned even greater due to it losing more HP than most other Pokémon would. In generation 8 this Pokémon was re-released to us, this time having access to the move, Endure. Allowing it to use Custap Berry, making up for its low speed

Custap Set #1
Aurorus @ Custap Berry
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Mirror Coat

Custap Set #2
Aurorus @ Custap Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Mirror Coat

Custap Set #3
Aurorus @ Custap Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Mirror Coat

Urshifu Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Urshifu: 403-475 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Zygarde Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 672-792 (160.3 - 189%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 354-416 (78.6 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Cresselia Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Cresselia: 117-138 (26.3 - 31%) -- 9.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Cresselia: 193-228 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery 252 SpA Cresselia Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 109-130 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO
Moltres-Galar Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Moltres-Galar: 218-258 (56.7 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 144-171 (32 - 38%) -- 94.9% chance to 3HKO
Togekiss Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Togekiss: 384-452 (102.6 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Dragapult
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 313-369 (69.5 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragapult: 408-480 (128.7 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Garchomp Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 736-868 (205.5 - 242.4%) -- guaranteed OHK
Kartana Match-up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 382-450 (147.4 - 173.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Naganadel Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Naganadel: 414-488 (144.2 - 170%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Porygon-Z Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Porygon-Z: 337-397 (108.3 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 296-349 (65.7 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Regieleki Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Regieleki: 463-546 (127.1 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252 SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 32 SpD Aurorus: 381-448 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Rhyperior Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 451-532 (103.9 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252+ Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 236 Def Aurorus: 374-444 (83.2 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zeraora Match-Up
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zeraora: 322-379 (101.2 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Necrozma Match-Up
252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Meteor Beam vs. 128 HP / 252 SpD Aurorus: 354-418 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 128 HP / 252 SpD Aurorus: 354-417 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 128+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma: 159-187 (47.4 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO 128+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma: 264-312 (78.8 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sandstorm/Snow Warning help vs other Custap users
Charti Berry
Aurorus @ Charti Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Mirror Coat
- Blizzard
- Icy Wind

Aggron Match-Up
252+ Atk Choice Band Aggron Heavy Slam (40 BP) vs. 232 HP / 252 Def Aurorus: 372-444 (83.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ Atk Choice Band Aggron Head Smash vs. 232 HP / 252 Def Charti Berry Aurorus: 348-411 (78.2 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 24+ SpA Aurorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 436-516 (127.1 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Choice Scarf #1
Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 196 Def / 128 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Freeze-Dry

Choice Scarf #2
Aurorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Mirror Coat
- Hyper Voice
Rillaboom Match-Up
252+ Atk Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Aurorus in Grassy Terrain: 326-386 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery 128+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Beam vs. 248 HP / 40 SpD Rillaboom: 608-716 (150.8 - 177.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Choice Specs Set #1
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Mirror Coat
- Hyper Voice

Choice Specs Set #2
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Ancient Power
- Freeze-Dry
AV Aurorus
Aurorus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Flash Cannon
Weakness Policy
Aurorus @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sandstorm
- Blizzard
- Mirror Coat
- Ancient Power

Archeops, The Flying Chicken Pokémon

arch.png

Choice Band
Archeops @ Choice Band
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Fly
- Switcheroo
- Outrage
Victini Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Victini: 560-660 (138.6 - 163.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Urshifu Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Fly vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Urshifu: 396-468 (98 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Genesect Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Genesect: 355-418 (102.6 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Primarina Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 339-399 (93.1 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Zygarde Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Outrage vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 350-414 (87.2 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO 252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 190-225 (65.2 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 252+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 56-66 (19.2 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO
Moltres-Galar Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Moltres-Galar: 596-704 (155.2 - 183.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Necrozma Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Necrozma: 382-451 (95.9 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Togekiss Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 576-680 (154 - 181.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Sylveon Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 128 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 364-430 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Tapu Fini Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 345-406 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Fly vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 464-548 (136 - 160.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion Match-Up
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Volcanion: 492-582 (135.1 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Choice Scarf
Archeops @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Switcheroo
Life Orb
Archeops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Heat Wave
- Outrage
Choice Specs
Archeops @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
Power Herb
Archeops @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Meteor Beam
Stall
Archeops @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Iron Defense
- Sandstorm
- Substitute

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.smogon.com/stats/2020-12-H1/moveset/gen81v1-1630.txt
These sets are not perfect, and I don't think any set ever will be. These are just the viable sets I was able to come up with that worked well vs the Top 30 Pokémon in VR. B+ to S+. Spending over a month testing, calculating and making this post took a lot of effort. And I'm sure there's a mistake or two I did not catch. I wanted to get this done ASAP before X-Mas. I saw someone post a Tyrunt set and it sucked due to how long I was spending on making this post look nice & make sure I wasn't wasting anyone time. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this. I'm tired of using the "hide" command 100 times. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays - Joker <3

Last edited:
I'm enjoying DLC2 so far and I took the time re-evaluate and update some older mons.

:Landorus-Therian:Landorus-Therian B --> B+/A- (as of 19-12)
Strength, great typing and Intimidate. This mon has it all. Even though Landorus-Therian is a bit unexplored, it has potential. Choice Band does great but what about a Stallbreaker set that looks like this:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 80 Def / 136 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb / Outrage

Tanks two CB Garchomp Outrages and 2 Scarfed Haxorus Outrage (Unnerve) with sitrus berry and 2hkos with EQ. Tanks Necrozma Prismatic Laser and 2hkos with knock off > Eq except for like max def versions. Tanks Specs timid Naganadel. Outspeeds fast 60s. Tanks Choice Specs Tapu lele and Sitrus berry makes up for scarf missplay. Knock Off / SD is a great stallbreaker vs like non-avalanche Aggron, Zygarde (Outrage for Coil), Snorlax and Corsola. Leftover in Attack.

The combination of moves on this mon works perfectly to optimize the amount of mons it can beat. It doesn't need much attack to deal damage and it doesn't need much def on the physical side because of intimidate. This mon is scary at preview because of its speedtier and power. A scarf set outspeeds base 90s and a band set crushes walls. It deserves a higher ranking. (note: I wrote this before it got raised, good job VR-Council)

:Kartana:Kartana B+ --> A-/A
Same with Landorus-t. Its typing is great, physical attack and movepool are both there and it has a great speedtier. Choice Band can OHKO any frail mon or 2hko Stall mons like Registeel and Choice Scarf together with its speedtier can cancel other Scarfers like Darmanitan, Porygon-Z, Haxorus and Togekiss. I think its best set is Sub Liechi because it allows Kartana to force physical attackers to use their Close Combat / Superpower or V-Create and counter in return.
Kartana @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Atk / 16 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

It tanks Fire Punch Jirachi and Scarfed Haxorus CC and 12 Spa Hydro Cannon from Custap Primarina. Knock Off is one of the best ways to counter Custap strats and OHKO's Victini at +1.

VR-Ranking is partly based on whether the mon can deal with the others within the tier its placed in and Kartana can practically take on all mons in A- as well as most of the top tier threats with just 3 sets that have much cohesion. Together with its versatility and strength I think Kartana should be raised to at least A-.

:Stakataka:Stakataka UR --> C-/C
What a menace this is. A sniper lurking for 3-0s. Well in some way at least. The Stakataka I built for this gen is a Custap set (what a surprise) that acts as a floating rock. Yup Magnet Rise Custap is a thing and it scares Garchomps / Landorus / Snorlax that dont watch out. With an astonishing 13 Base Speed Stakataka gets a 150 BP Gyro Ball most of the time that is capable of 3HKO'ing Cresselias and 2HKO'ing Genesects (with max attack) without an attack-boosting item! Being able to 2hko almost any mon with Gyro Ball on a neutral hit is definitely something noteworthy.
Stakataka @ Custap Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 HP / 192 Atk / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Magnet Rise
- Endure

Tanks regular Fiery Wraths and a +1 Fiery Wrath from Moltres as well as a +3 Fiery Wrath. Tanks Unnerve Choice Scarf Close Combat from Haxorus.

The best base Defense on top of a Steel / Rock Typing and the aforementioned Magnet Rise makes Stakataka rankworthy. It might be laying under the shadow of Aggron but it can deal the damage of its own too.

S Rank
:victini: W vs most

S- Rank
:urshifu: Urshifu-S L

A+ Rank
:genesect: W with Stone Edge or Max attack, always W vs scarf
:Primarina: Primarina L
:Snorlax: Snorlax W Magnet Rise on Belly Drum / Earthquake
:zygarde: L

A Rank
:cresselia: W/L W vs Trick sets
:jirachi: Jirachi W vs Scarf
:moltres-galar: Moltres-G W
:necrozma: Necrozma W
:rillaboom: Rillaboom W/L depends on Rillaboom
:togekiss: Togekiss W

A- Rank
:Darmanitan-Galar: Darmanitan-Galar W
:registeel: Registeel L
:Sylveon: Sylveon W
:tapu fini: Tapu Fini W/L W you 2hko but specs OHKO’s
:urshifu: Urshifu-R L

B+ Rank
:aggron: Aggron W
:Dragapult: Dragapult W unless specs Hydro Pump
:garchomp: Garchomp W/L W vs scarf/band
:Haxorus: Haxorus W/L W vs scarf and band mold breaker
:kartana: Kartana W/L W if they dont run Sacred Sword
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T W/L W vs Band/Scarf
:naganadel: Naganadel W
:porygon-z: Porygon-Z W
:regieleki: Regieleki W tanks Thunder Cage and Endure on Thunder
:Rhyperior: Rhyperior L
:spectrier: Spectrier W/L
:suicune: Suicune L
:volcanion: Volcanion L
:Zeraora: Zeraora W

B Rank
:Arcanine: Arcanine W/L ?
:blaziken: Blaziken L
:Crustle: Crustle W
:diancie: Diancie W
:glastrier: Glastrier L cuz Gyro Ball is weak
:heatran: Heatran W/L W vs Scarf
:Kyurem: Kyurem W
:latios: Latios W
:pheromosa: Pheromosa W
:raikou: Raikou W/L
:Sawk: Sawk L
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko L
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele W

B- Rank
:Aegislash: Aegislash W
:archeops: Archeops W
:Avalugg: Avalugg W
:azumarill: Azumarill W/L
:Dracovish: Dracovish L
:Dracozolt: Dracozolt W
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon W/L
:metagross: Metagross ?
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-G L

C+ Rank
:blacephalon: Blacephalon W
:buzzwole: Buzzwole L
:celesteela: Celesteela L
:Corsola-Galar: Corsola-Galar L
:Durant: Durant L
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn L
:Gardevoir: Gardevoir W
:gastrodon: Gastrodon L
:incineroar: Incineroar L
:landorus: Landorus W/L
:latias: Latias W
:magnezone: Magnezone W
:nihilego: Nihilego W
:regidrago: Regidrago W
:Rotom-Heat: Rotom-Heat W Stone Edge
:volcarona: Volcarona W Stone Edge
:Whimsicott: Whimsicott W
:weavile: Weavile W
:zapdos: Zapdos L
:zarude: Zarude W

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1609184941252.png

Volcarona: C+ to B/B+

At the start of DLC2, I tried the traditional SubPetaya volcarona (max speed, max spa, dual stabs/sub/QD) and found it incredibly underwhelming. It still lost to all of its old counters and now had zygarde, moltres-galar, tapu fini, and victini to fear as well. Sucker Punch AV Urshifu was another newly popular counter, and even genesect had positive odds to beat it with band espeed.

Recently, I revisited the mon, and discovered that a bulky set with unconventional moves can turn quite a few of these losing matchups into wins.

Volcarona @ Kee Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 176 HP / 100 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

(EVs have been changed a bit since this was originally posted, most matchups are unchanged but LO urshifu/scarf sect got a tiny bit less secure while considerably improving the matchups versus special pokemon)

(the combination of Kee, Roost, and Quiver Dance means that volcarona can always activate Swarm. If a move hits it for insufficient damage to do so by itself, it will hit for no more than 45% on the next turn. This means that volcarona can regain health with Roost until it can take a hit and drop into Swarm range. Quiver Dance is relevant because Volcarona outspeeds basically everything after one QD.)

:urshifu:
Band urshifu (which, by the way, is bad) is the only set to consistently 2hko after a burn, but can be finished off with a Swarm-boosted Bug Buzz after roosting to rack up chip. LO is the only other set to have any chance of 2hkoing, but ends up taking so much chip that the roost strategy similarly finishes it off (Bulk Up gives urshifu odds of victory, but the kee defense boost makes a Sucker KO difficult to achieve). Anything else is easily stalled out and set up on, so the longevity from items like AV or sitrus doesn't matter.

Scarf urshifu is a different beast, more on that later.

:genesect:
Volcarona beating genesect would not be very surprising, but the lack of a fire move might've raised a few eyebrows. Rest assured: volcarona simply clicks Wisp t1 and wins versus anything. Scarf giga impact fails to ohko, scarf gunk shot doesn't kill after a burn, anything special doesn't get the download boost and is reduced to clicking weak tbolts (you still want to burn them for chip and in case of espeed). Adamant band espeed is a roll, just as it's always been. In theory, jolly LO physical sets can outspeed and OHKO, but I don't think those actually exist (and if they do, a few more speed EVs solve that issue).

:zygarde:
Formerly blessed with an obnoxiously clean volcarona calc (+1 thousand arrows into espeed always killed, bug buzz didn't even 2hko base form), zygarde has a lot of trouble breaking past this. Simply burn it, set up along zygarde, and kill it with a bug buzz before it gets a chance to beat you.
(https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251634985-ee60d2tu592q045wnp4vil3e8edqdskpw)
(https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251867718)

:snorlax:
Custap belly drum lax is sadly still a counter, but band now gets walled. (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1251700272-lgapqhkebdqso6qbcy97xja518sxo91pw)

:zeraora:
Band zeraora is no longer an OHKO (not even if Adamant), if LO goes for Fake Out it triggers Kee and autoloses. Simply Quiver Dance, hit it from Swarm range, and win. Taunt variants can't take two bug buzzes and struggle to 2hko back without LO.

:urshifu: :haxorus: :darmanitan-galar:
While the banded forms of these pokemon have always lost to Volcarona, their scarf variants used to counter it. However, thanks to the bulk investment, volcarona can survive their attacks (gdarm's max attack giga impact, which is uncommon on scarf, is a roll in your favor), set up and outspeed with Quiver Dance, and kill with a +1 Swarm-boosted Bug Buzz. In the cases where Kee doesn't do anything (Unnerve Haxorus and Urshifu), the damage taken is sufficient to always bring Volc down to Swarm%.

:naganadel:
Naganadel no longer has any chance to kill with draco meteor, while it previously OHKOd.

:heatran:
Heatran now loses if it's not running a rock move, which some but not all do.

:pheromosa:
Band outrage and giga impact both threatened bulkless volc. Now they don't.

there's probably other stuff but it's late and I'm tired so I'll stick with this

On top of this, the set continues to beat Cresselia, Necrozma, Rillaboom, sub users, most scarf Jirachi, and basically anything that can't hit ground-neutral fires or is weak to Bug.

The only matchups that get notably worse over SubPetaya are Sylveon (thanks to the loss of Substitute), Registeel (who was already beating volcarona with the right set), and various slower pokemon with rock moves (most notably Lando-T and non-Rock Blast Aggron).

In light of this volcarona beating multiple of its prior major counters (urshifu and zygarde being the main ones), as well as the Victini ban, I propose to raise it from its current VR of C+ to B or B+.

Power-wise, it matches up against the top-tiers (A, A+, and S-) better than most B+ pokemon, while having reasonable matchups against many lower-tiered pokemon as well. Versatility-wise, it can run the above bulky set, as well as traditional subpetaya (and, if you're wild, specs), which again compares favorably to most B+ pokemon (who range from also having two sets, to one, to three with some slight variations).

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
I see the VR Council unranked Salazzle

Little did they know that the Lazzle Dazzle.... would be back and better than ever

Salazzle for C rank

LAZZLE DAZZLE (Salazzle) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Protect

Salazzle
was already a cool mon before Victini was banned, but its obviously now a lot better because it doesn't get stomped by the former best Pokemon in the tier, this set is pretty self explanatory, with Fake Out, amazing dual stab, and protect you stomp on many of the tiers prominent Pokemon including Primarina, Rillaboom, Genesect, Magnezone, Avalugg, Aggron, Crustle, non scarf Sawk, Sylveon, Tapu Fini, etc etc. Its a premier Steel Fairy beater. Whats great is that this runs Protect without it really effecting the rest of the set, as Nasty Plot was only used before to finesse Mandibuzz and Arcanine, but now its pivotal in this sets viability and not having to worry about awkward 50/50's vs some of the best Pokemon. Modest is used because Fake Out Damage isn't as relevant as it was before, with Urshifu-Dark running AV a lot and Urshifu-Water running bulk to naturally tank the Sludge Wave.

LAZZLE DAZZLE (Salazzle) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Disable
- Encore
- Overheat

This was a lot better when Band and Specs were more common, but still is a viable secondary set, beating Pokemon you otherwise cannot beat such as Choice Specs Volcanion, Modest Specs Nagandel, Rotom-Heat, Band Dracovish, etc.

Oh I also made a video that features Salazzle in a post Victini metagame! And it indeed does some work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)