Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
trying something new with this (time will tell if i do it again).

i wanna make my noms actually feel productive so, adding reasonings and criticisms to my votes! my preferred subs are ranked from 1 down in a descending order

1: BlueRay
That's hilariously good, and that's probably one of the few megas submitted to the mod with a focus on doubles. Looks like a super interesting way to exploit Torment and perform as a disruptor, even in singles. unique, fun idea and I'm all for it :>
2: ausma
i just rly like my idea LOL
3: MegaFlareon
Simple but cool way to make more practical use of Compound Eyes outside of the conventional "land your powder move" and "land your Thunder". Looks like a pretty defined DD wallbreaker despite its simplicity!
4: okispokis
I think multihit abilities have a lot of room to promote interest, and with Flygon's access to options like Lunge, it looks like it could operate as an interesting utility attacker. I just wish it had a bit more to exploit its ability with, or a way to go a bit more into that utility attacker role. Super super cool concept though

1: Hematite
I LIVE for hema's submissions. they are so creative and unique pretty much every time and this drapion is no exception, taking on the role of a very unique steel wallbreaker and doing it like an absolute boss. love it
2: BlueRay
An actually potent defensive Poison/Dark type with powerful yet carefully balanced utility and support options? yes pls
3: okispokis
le balance buster has arrived. no joke this is rly sick, i love the ability's synergy with Aqua Tail and Iron Tail specifically since they actively threaten potential Dark- and Ground-type switch-ins. A little bummed that it doesn't get Dragon Tail, but I'm majorly intrigued by this and I think this could be a really dope way to encourage set variety and spread a chipping status while not just letting any move be overtly spammable, and not folding offensive pressure.
4: Magmajudis
I'm ngl this idea is cool, and I think Super Fang is a really nice addition that's balanced by the fact that it requires the victim be at full HP. It's a pretty unique way to spread Toxic poison all around, but I can see this thing struggling a bit in execution against Unaware teams. Last Toxin is a cool idea though and I'm certainly for it
5: kakaks
cool coil wallbreaker; not too much to say here really!
6: Mossy Sandwich
The flavor regarding the actual mechanic of this Mega Drapion eludes me, but it is a super creative way to spread poison while making use of Drapion's spammable Knock Off. Slightly concerned as to the balance level on this one though if i'm fully honest which is why it's my last choice, but i do love the concept so i'm voting it anyway

1: abismal
i think this sub makes a pretty good balance between exploiting pre-mega Contrary and actually exploiting its own stats in execution. Not quite sure why U-turn is being added here but I think having the ability to set its own sun in company with Weather Ball and STAB Solar Blade is something I can't pass up
2: Ausma
i like my idea
3: MegaFlareon
I love hit and run offense mons, and I think your ability concept is a pretty awesome and clever way to employ that using Lurantis's kit, especially since it has the ability to also exploit pre-mega Contrary at the same time. My only issue with it is that its ability has very straight forward counterplay in the form of Protect or the myriad of Solar Blade switch-ins; imo, speed would have been a pretty great and honestly balanced addition to this sub. I do quite like the addition of U-turn for the latter reason, but I do worry it could be a bit underwhelming.
4: okispokis
unique unique unique UNIQUE is the name of the game here. extremely unique idea but i feel this sub really would have loved the addition of something like U-turn to really capitalize better on the fact that set-up sweepers hate actually setting up with the threat of it on the field (and Parting Shot would've highkey been a majorly sick addition for doubles). I like the idea and the concept is super clever but I think it's missing a couple things before it can fully shine to me.

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaand the votes are in!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...
:flygon: Mega Flygon: Ausma !!
:bw/flygon:

/

Ability: Desert Gales (Upon switch-in, the user sets a weather effect labelled "Desert Gales". Effects in spoiler.)

Boosts Ground, Rock, and Steel moves' strength by 1.2x for any Pokemon on the field
Normal-type attacks become Ground-type
Sand Rush, Sand Veil, and Sand Force activate
Weather Ball becomes a Ground-type move.
HP: 80
Atk: 130 (+30)
Def: 95 (+15)
SpA: 105 (+25)
SpD: 105 (+25)
Spe: 105 (+5)
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed

Reasoning
:

I was incredibly intrigued by the idea of supporting teammates through an artifical, albeit weaker Sand Force boost, but also through providing a universal -ate for a useful attacking type. Although at the surface this appears to be nothing short of an awkward Sandstorm clone, I feel that this was the best way to let Flygon's unique "desert spirit" attribute shine in a way that would let its offenses be highlighted, but also would provide unique team support for its teammates by providing certain Pokemon with a possible extra offensive option/consistently effective firepower.

For itself, it's a very potent abuser. It is given access to a boosted Iron Head/Flash Cannon to handle Fairy-type matchups more readily, as well as an incredible STAB priority option that lets it perform as a very effective revenge killer and cleaner through an -ated Extreme Speed. Additionally, Boomburst becomes a viable option for it to run if it opts to run a more specially oriented set, being an extremely powerful general purpose offensive move, even letting it viably run a mixed set if it also wants to opt for Extreme Speed. However, its stats are carefully balanced around Boomburst's natural strength, making it so it isn't an overtly broken option, and has an opportunity cost.

There are some extremely obvious weaknesses to this, being that its weather is only temporary and forces itself to switch if it runs short on fuel. It doesn't help that it loses its Ground-type immunity and can even become a victim to its own weather under the wrong circumstances, while also lacking recovery all the same. That being said, this can be extremely potent in the right hands, and can seize games from complacent opponents.
1608846263318.png

Ausma - 6
BlueRay - 5
ViZar - 4
BitBitio - 2
MegaFlareon, shinxthe17!, DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich - 1

:drapion: Mega Drapion: Hematite !!
:drapion: Mega Drapion
New Ability: Battle Armor/Sniper/Keen Eye -> Steelbreaker
(When attacking Steel-type Pokémon, Mega Drapion's moves are always critical hits.)
Type: Poison/Dark

New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 90 -> 130 (+40)

Defense: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 75 -> 105 (+30)

Speed: 95 -> 85 (-10)
(600 BST)

New moves: Shore Up
Description:
Okay, so... More than one of Drapion's dex entries comments on its ability to make scrap of a car with its physical strength, so I had the idea pretty early on that it would be fitting to make something that somehow specialized in dealing with Steel-types - especially on a Poison-type, that's a pretty relevant kind of interaction to have. That said, I didn't think Corrosion would suit Drapion - much of its flavor talks about how disinterested it is in relying on its toxins to take down foes, and its whole thing is crushing metal and using brute force to break it - and I also wanted to make sure I took a different route from Acidic Surge Dragalge yeah I don't think anyone wants to compete with that, so my first idea of Scrappy-for-Steel-types was off the table pretty quickly. Scrap Metal would be such a fun name for that though just saying

The Ability itself is actually pretty simple - it just gives Drapion a direct offensive advantage against Steel-types and nothing else - but there are a few reasons I took this route with it, and many reasons why I think this Mega Drapion could be a really interesting Pokémon to use with this in mind!
First of all, it's worth bringing up that this interacts uniquely with some relevant Steel-types - the fact that this Ability makes Drapion's moves into critical hits rather than just boosting their damage by an equivalent amount can definitely come in handy against Pokémon like Corviknight (and Mega Corviknight, which is one of the strongest glue Pokémon in the mod - Mega Drapion even bypasses Intimidate!) and Mega Registeel, both of which can be incredibly threatening to once they've set up a few boosts. I saw a Mega Registeel get to +6 Defense and a Bulk Up Corviknight sweep a team yesterday so they're on my mind right now okay
Drapion also has a pretty strong association with critical hits already - both of its standard Abilities interact with them, Battle Armor by preventing them and Sniper by taking advantage of them - so it also feels like a pretty natural fit for Drapion!
Drapion already has Ground coverage (and Fire Fang access for non-grounded Steel-types, though I don't think it would run that), but it doesn't normally have STAB on them, so this Ability is practical for it and very convincingly lets it tear through even the bulkiest of Steel-type walls:

252+ Atk Mega Drapion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Registeel on a critical hit: 194-230 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
But what's so important about targeting Steel-types? Flavor aside I never do anything just for flavor, what does Drapion do with this advantage that any STAB Earthquake user can't?
This offensive edge against Steel-types is actually just one piece of what makes this Mega Drapion work.
The actual point of this sub is... well...
Stallbreakers are so cool as an archetype,
and I saw the chance to make a uniquely optimized and insanely customizable one,
so this is my way of doing it!

By type alone, Drapion is naturally immune to being poisoned and absorbs Toxic Spikes, it has STAB on Knock Off to turn it into a threatening offensive option, it only has a single weakness (and one that's easily covered by an ally with an immunity - not to mention that you'd be preparing to cover Ground defensively whether you were running Drapion or not), and it naturally has a good matchup against other stallbreakers like Heatran, Tapu Fini, Clefable, Mega Latias, Reuniclus, Gengar and Serperior, which is important because I think many stallbreakers naturally appear on stall to aid in the matchup against opposing stall teams.
It also has the upper hand against prominent bulky Waters like Tapu Fini, Slowbro and Toxapex (2HKOs with Earthquake), has super effective STAB against Fairy and Grass, and, as previously established, has an edge on Steel-type walls with its Ability, on top of obviously threatening the Chansey line with Knock Off and not really being threatened back by anything they can do.
These are some of the most common defensive Pokémon in the game, and Mega Drapion can be tailored to take on whatever your team needs!

ALSO I know no one but me will use this but consider:
Stomping Tantrum
if you're running Toxic or even just Poison-type attacking move
this pairs so well with them because it's super effective on Steel and Poison and can absolutely demolish them if they dare to switch in to nullify your Toxics
arguably so can Earthquake but this is so much more fun
and it synergizes with your type and your Ability in such a unique way
which I love
okay now back to things serious people will do---

Plus, aside from its excellent matchups, Drapion also has access to Taunt, Pursuit, Swords Dance, Toxic this is universal, but that doesn't make it any less important on something that can use it well!, Toxic Spikes, and now reliable recovery in Shore Up to round it out, and it has the bulk to use all of these well - this Mega has so many ways to keep your team making progress while safely coming in on defensive Pokémon, and you can so easily customize it to do whatever your team needs and be certain that it can seize the opportunity to do it.

This Mega Drapion is expressly not a bonkers wallbreaker that hits super hard right off the bat, but its matchups against many of the most important defensive Pokémon in the tier are weighted heavily in its favor, all but completed by its Ability, and it has enough defensive utility and provides enough support of its own that it can easily justify a place on any team.

Unlike many other Drapion submitters here, I am going to be weird and say that I actually really like fighting stall, and admittedly usually I lose but it's still so much fun - it's like a really engaging sort of puzzle that forces you to be creative with how you use your Pokémon, and every KO is a small victory that feels so earned
That's probably why I'm captivated in general by Pokémon that are optimized like this to take advantage of opponents that rely on stall tactics
I promise I'm not setting out to kill stall with this (and I guarantee it won't happen) - I just think this is a really fun kind of Pokémon to use, and I feel like Drapion has mostly-untapped potential in that respect and wanted to see how far I could take it : D
1608846298859.png

Hematite - 10 (bro what the fuck)
Magmajudis - 4
Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz - 2
Ausma, MegaFlareon, BlueRay, Abismal, kakaks, War Incarnate, ChoiceScarfed, PalpitoadChamp - 1

:lurantis: Mega Lurantis: BitBitio !!
:lurantis: Lurantis-Mega
Grass-->Grass/Fairy
Leaf Guard/Contrary-->Elegance (this Pokemon's secondary effects are guaranteed, unless this Pokemon is afflicted with a status condition, volatile or non-volatile.)
New Stats: 70/125/110/100/110/65
HP: 70-->70 (+0)
Attack: 105-->125 (+20)
Defense: 90-->110 (+20)
Special Attack: 80-->100 (+20)
Special Defense: 90-->110 (+20)
Speed: 45-->65 (+20)
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Silver Wind, Moonlight

Description: Lurantis is a super cool Pokemon that I've always appreciated. I love its unique flavor, depiction in the anime and games, and I wish it was better competitively. I also fully realized that balancing a Mega Lurantis was a fine line to walk- make it too capable of abusing the pre-mega Contrary boosts, and it's broken. Make it not be able to take good enough advantage of the tools allotted it... and you just use another Grass type. This Mega Lurantis is admittedly very, very ambitious, and without a doubt the closest sub I've made to being broken without actually being broken, but I digress.
Let me give you the backstory to this sub: I was doing some schoolwork, thinking about random stuff absently, and my mind caught on a thought. Back in Megas For All v6, I lurked a lot. Basically, from the Galar starters slate forward, I watched as many a concept was submitted and didn't even register an account to vote for my favorites. I simply watched. And then, slate 10 arrived. That one was Froslass, Butterfree, and Slowking, counterparts to canon Megas Glalie, Beedrill, and Slowbro respectively. One submission in particular caught my eye- so much so that I decided to make a sub for the next slate, and join the community. The submission in question was Mega Butterfree by Hematite. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Its ability was Iridescence- the secondary effects of Mega Butterfree's Bug Type moves were guaranteed with that ability. In my eyes, no other Butterfree could possibly compete with that- Silver Wind and Bug Buzz with that ability? So cool! Ironically, on that slate, a different Mega Butterfree, albeit my second favorite, ended up winning- somewhat to my chagrin, although Hematite's Slowking and Froslass for that slate did end up winning as well, lol.
Anyways, point is, that Mega Butterfree was actually the catalyst that convinced me to join the mod, so despite me not having been really involved or present really at all at the time, I remain very appreciative of that Butterfree to this day. And I was just sitting there thinking, and at some point my mind somehow remembered Iridescence Butterfree- and I wondered- what does Lurantis have to abuse this?
As it turned out, Lurantis did not have much to abuse it at all. It has the following: Nature Power turning into Tri Attack, Poison Jab/Cross Poison, Energy Ball, and Snore. I brought it up with the incredible Hematite on whether he would be okay with me using the idea for a Lurantis. I was met with enthusiastic support. After some discussion, including separate work-in-progress versions with varying stat spreads and movepools (Seed Flare, Fire Lash, and Thunderous Kick were all considered at separate times), we settled on the above move additions. Silver Wind, combined with Energy Ball, emulates the original Butterfree's gimmick- Guaranteed Special Defense drops, and guaranteed omniboosting with Silver Wind. It also changed typing to be Grass/Fairy- a type combination that I believe uniquely fits Lurantis quite well both in terms of flavor and being somewhat more competitively useful than pure Grass for this sub- it in turn gains STAB Moonblast and Play Rough to give it another fun form of stat drops and basic STAB on both sides. Moonlight, while unnecessary, adds a sort of flavorwise duality to Lurantis that will be explained momentarily once I get to the flavor-oriented section of this submission.
The stat changes were carefully selected- With them, Lurantis is a little bit bulkier, noticeably faster while remaining slower than a majority of offensive threats, and stronger on both sides of the spectrum. Mixed attackers, to paraphrase Hematite's words, are cool because they use tools from both sides that they otherwise wouldn't have access to if fully in one direction. The original Lurantis is like this as well- it technically is stronger on the special side than Serperior, with Contrary Leaf Storm. However, unlike Serperior, instead of bypassing Steel types with Hidden Power, it instead goes mixed and runs Superpower- a tool that it wouldn't have access to if fully special. It runs Superpower despite the opportunity cost of doing so- It loses out on power, speed, or bulk if it does- Contrary Leaf Storm is on its own plenty good enough as STAB and as a nuke, as clearly demonstrated by Serperior's viability in tiers like SM OU and NatDex. This Mega Lurantis does the same as base Lurantis, but in a super cool, different way, that I will explain once I flesh things out a little bit more here.
Now to get on to the competitive rundown of this submission- Mega Lurantis aims to carefully snowball with synergy between its moves- Energy Ball's guaranteed Special Defense drops force switches- and these switches give it room to set up Silver Wind boosts. These boosts let it become more threatening as time goes on.
However, there is still the issue of dealing with Steels. Weather Ball is unfeasible due to it relying on playing the long game and slowly accumulating boosts, which doesn't synergize well at all with Sun, a very limited field effect, especially with the prominence of weather as a whole. And it isn't like you can just bring Torkoal back in- Doing so costs valuable boosts on a move with a mere 8 PP, and Lurantis can't afford to fit Sunny Day itself- that alone costs two moveslots, just to run a special Fire move! Hidden Power Fire is also very weak until several boosts have been accumulated, and even then it disrupts the process due to the fact that Lurantis will be forced out until it acquires the very boosts it needs to make real use of HP Fire! As you can see, Special coverage for Steels is a no-go. However, Lurantis still has Superpower, of course! Though it doesn't snowball with Superpower anymore, having lost Contrary, the stat drops that it brings are in fact mitigated by Silver Wind! Because Lurantis can, fairly reliably, set up with Silver Wind, in most contexts, it is capable of not dropping to the negative stat stages because Silver Wind is doing the lifting now instead of Contrary!
Now to speak more on the ability, and the flavor of this sub. Lurantis's Pokedex entries state:

SunIt requires a lot of effort to maintain Lurantis’s vivid coloring, but some collectors enjoy this work and treat it as their hobby. Ultra MoonAs it slashes into its enemies, it looks like it’s dancing. Its elegant appearance has led some to call it the most glamorous Grass Pokémon.SwordThis Pokémon resembles a beautiful flower. A properly raised Lurantis will have gorgeous, brilliant colors.ShieldThe petals on this Pokémon’s arms are thin and super sharp, and they can fire laser beams if Lurantis gathers light first. Essentially, from these four, we essentially learn a few things:
1. Lurantis is elegant. It is absolutely beautiful.
2. Lurantis is super high maintenance. It takes work to make it beautiful. It's no easy feat.
3. Lurantis is powerful, and from not only these but its depiction in the anime and games, it seems to draw a lot of its power from light. It used to have Solar Blade as its signature move, in fact!
So to put these together with the ability, added moves, and new typing, Lurantis has become an incredibly powerful (albeit light and maintenance dependent) Pokemon. Drawing its power now from both the sun and moon (which ties in neatly to its games of origin), Lurantis is more powerful than ever. This is all flavor of course, but it explains Moonlight, Moonblast, and I guess Play Rough on this, as well.
However, the maintenance aspect of this Pokemon remains- as suggested by Hematite, it musn't be statused, otherwise its beauty and in turn its power, wanes (excuse the moon pun.) The status drawback actually brings up even more little nuances and unique things about the submission. First, RestTalk sets are a no-go. It has to use its (light-dependent) low PP recovery moves to stay healhty. It also neatly eliminates any chance of Snore somehow being problematic with its theoretical 100% flinch chance. On top of this, Lurantis now must choose- Leaf Guard uniquely protects it from status as long as sun is up (another cool interaction with light!), at the obvious cost of possible pre-mega Contrary boosts. Another cool thing is that it does get Aromatherapy to work around status at the cost of a moveslot as well! Elegance was the name I chose for this ability- Lurantis's beauty and power is dependent on both light and how well it is maintained!
I believe that that this sub will in fact, be balanced, for those concerned. A long discussion with Hematite about it concluded in the fact that it clearly has a very powerful gimmick, but one that entirely is balanced. First of all, it is dependent on Silver Wind, a non-STAB (although flavorwise it fits quite well due to Lurantis being an honorary Bug and all) and weak attack that does nothing for its coverage- it remains walled by Fire, Poison, Steel, and Flying types, and costs Lurantis a STAB in most cases, which leads me to the next point- Lurantis essentially isn't using its Fairy STAB on most sets! This means that it isn't taking advantage of half of the benefits of the added typing, making it arguably more of a hindrance than a help, on top of the fact that it has very extreme four-moveslot-syndrome. It needs Silver Wind, Moonlight/Synthesis, and Energy Ball, but that fourth slot is a toss up between Superpower to not get walled by Steels and Fires, Aromatherapy/Substitute to mitigate status and ease setup, basic Fairy STAB on either end of the spectrum, Defog and Knock Off for utility, and the list probably goes on! Its best sets are crippled by not being able to run everything it needs. On top of this, it is dependent on low-PP moves- Its main healing move in Moonlight/Synthesis is a mere 8 PP, its primary snowballing tool in Silver Wind is a mere 8 PP, and its best coverage move is a mere 8 PP! And due to the amount of switches that Energy Ball forces, it can be difficult to make progress and lose PP on all of Lurantis’ moves without extremely good play. Corviknight is a particularly good counter, given that Pressure effectively halves Lurantis’ incredibly limited PP and its 4x resistance to both Energy Ball and Silver Wind means that it walls Lurantis pretty handily. Flying and Poison types in general are very challenging for Mega Lurantis to deal with.
However, this is still a very powerful submission regardless, and I understand concerns that people may have, which is why it will be thoroughly tested in the new M4A Sandbox format to ensure that it isn't overbearing, though I genuinely believe it isn't.
All in all, this Mega Lurantis has a ton of cool interactions, it means a lot to me as far as my involvement in this mod goes, and I just think it's super cool and will be an amazing addition to the mod! Thanks so much to Hematite for the inspiration, support, and aid he gave to this sub- it would not have been possible without him! Shoutout to him and everything he does for this mod! And thank you for reading this through to the end- I wasn't expecting to stay up until 2 AM writing this, but here I am. Enjoy!
1608846390307.png

BitBitio - 8
Ausma - 6
abismal - 3
okispokis - 2
BlueRay, PalpitoadChamp, ViZar - 1

This is usually the part of the post where I announce the next slate, but as you're probably aware...
Megas for All is having a two-week long Winter Break from running slates!
megas for (h)all(idays).png

a heartfelt season's greetings from the mfa council! but also from me specifically cause i drew that

Eighty-three unique Mega Evolutions, abundant submissions every slate, and an active, enthusiastic community both in the forum and our Discord server! Hematite, Ausma, kakaks and I never dreamed of being this well-received when we launched the thread for v7 back in September, but the response has been incredible, and we wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who's contributed (yes I know I already did this in the Delibird post please indulge me). Like, we might organize it, but I mostly just do paperwork at this point; it's you guys who keep this project alive and flourishing as much as it has over the last three months, and hopefully even more into the future!

So thank you! We both literally and figuratively could not do this without you.
happycyn.png

I would also like to extend a personal thank-you to the mod in general; the last few months have been a bit turbulent for me, and I cannot put into words how much it has meant to me to have this to work on, and uh, new people to talk to. :') I know my lack of competitive experience can be frustrating sometimes, but thank you all from the bottom of my heart for putting up with me and making this mod such an awesome place to be!

I'd especially like to thank my friend Hematite for encouraging me to join the forum to submit Mega Inteleon back in August (holy shit), as well as...
... kakaks for sticking up for me early on, DrPumpkinz for consistently being the funniest person in the thread, Ausma for being kind of the coolest ever, BitBitio and Mossy Sandwich for helping breathe new life into the mod towards the end of v6, Hematemesis for being very polite about my horrible teambuilding decisions, IsoCon for bringing a FEAR taillow team to a tour, BlueRay and ViZar for formatting their voting posts in a way my adhd-addled brain can actually read, my brother for being interested in all the weird nerd shit I get into, my friend Dave for putting up with me talking about this nonstop, and my friend ABC and her entourage for giving the mod a try and giving me some helpful feedback on the random battles format!
Ooookay, I think the sap is mostly out of my system now. :') But before I move on to the details about our Winter Break plans, there are some other things I need to briefly address first...

:meganium: :kricketune: Results for our recent Buffs and Nerfs survey! :slowking: :meowstic-f:
As you might recall, we recently held a poll on a variety of buffs and nerfs to some of our existing Mega Evolutions that was set to close at the same time as voting on this slate. So here are the results!

:Meganium: Mega Meganium will be gaining access to Dragon Dance
:kricketune: Mega Kricketune will be gaining access to U-Turn
:slowking: Mega Slowking will have amended stats (mainly Speed)
:Meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic-F will be losing access to Focus Blast
:meowstic-f: Mega Meowstic-F will not be losing access to Mystical Fire

MfA Random Battles QoL Updates
It's no secret that fixing up movesets and mechanics for MfA's Random Battles format has been an ongoing project for me and anyone who has the patience to let me battle them over and over. Next time DH updates, there'll be a handful of edited random battle movesets that will hopefully make things a bit more playable. But that's not the only thing I have for the format;

I recently had the pleasure of getting to spectate some people play MfA Randoms who had no prior experience with the format, and I quickly realized that if I wanted MfA Randoms to be the "accessible format" that you didn't have to read the entire wiki before teambuilding for, I was going to need some way to display to the players what their custom Mega Evolutions will actually do in battle before the battle starts, so they can plan around it accordingly. After some deliberation, getting some help and doing a lot of testing, I have coded a feature that will do just that:

1608844984741.png
1608845012595.png
1608845026315.png

It's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done and it should make MfA Randoms way more accessible to people who don't have encyclopedic knowledge of our roster (which is to say, most people)! :'D

But! All that aside, let's get on to the main order of business in this post! (Aside from uh, announcing the winners for Slate 25.)

The truth is, a break has been a long time coming, and in the future we'd like to take like one slate-length off every once and a while, probably about once a month. The idea behind such breaks - including this one - is to both give the more organizational council members some time to breathe, and to give the more competitive council members a chance to develop the metagame more!

Between running submissions and organizing slates, a lot of the time it feels like we don't take much time to actually... play the game? Several Megas in our roster have yet to see substantial use, and we still have only a hazy picture of what the metagame will look like with our additions. To that end, over the break we are going to run some MfA Battle Tournaments!

If you'd direct your eyes to the link below, we now have a

>>> MfA Challonge Community Page! <<<
banner_2.png
haha i spent five hours drawing that instead of finishing the wiki tour pages :D productivity, amiright

On that page, you'll find information about, start times of and signups for the tours we've got planned for over the break, which I will also describe later in this post.

Our schedule for the break is as follows:
calendar2.png

Also over the break, we will also be at some point holding the poll for Slate 26, as well as probably some teambuilding events on the Discord.

But, most importantly...
>>> Upcoming Winter Break Tours Information <<<
All tours will be taking place on Dragon Heaven starting at 9:00 PM GMT on the dates listed, unless an announcement is made otherwise.
Saturday, December 26th: Winter Break Tour
>>> (Challonge Bracket) | (Wiki homepage) <<<​

Would you believe me if I said that... uh... MfA v6/7 hasn't actually had a normal unrestricted tour yet?? :'D

Because uh. We have not. :')

But!!! Winter Break is the perfect time to amend this, and a normal tour with no restrictions will be held to kick off the two week break period. You may use any Mega Evolution that is not banned in Natdex and whose base form is not banned in Natdex! (or none, I guess! :'D)

Tuesday, December 29th: Monotype Tour
>>> (Challonge Signups) | (Wiki homepage) <<<
kakaks has been wanting to do one of these for awhile, and we figured this would be a pretty good time! Remember that in Monotype, you cannot use a Mega if it does not have that type in both its base and Mega form. Here's a handy list of the legal MfA Mega Evolutions for each type:
Fire
:chandelure: :cinderace: :flareon: :magcargo: :talonflame: :typhlosion:

Water
:bibarel: :feraligatr: :inteleon: :samurott: :slowking: :starmie: :vaporeon: :walrein:

Electric
:boltund: :eelektross: :jolteon: :luxray: :raichu: :vikavolt:

Grass
:Gourgeist: (all forms) :Leavanny: :Meganium: :Rillaboom: :sawsbuck: (all forms) :Trevenant::lurantis:

Ice
:aurorus: :delibird: (both forms) :froslass: :regice: :vanilluxe: :walrein:

Fighting
:conkeldurr: :kommo-o:

Poison
:ariados: :garbodor: :nidoking: :nidoqueen::drapion:
*Mega Dragalge is Poison/Dragon-type in both its base and Mega form, but the competitive council deemed that its overwhelming advantage against Fairy - a type Dragon normally struggles against - meant that it should not be allowed in the format.

Ground
:nidoking: :nidoqueen::flygon:

Flying
:archeops: :butterfree: :corviknight: :delibird: (base only, not Festive Rider) :honchkrow: :staraptor: :talonflame: :toucannon:
* Mega Dragonite is a Dragon/Flying-type in both its base and Mega form, but since it's being suspected anyways later in the break it was decided it'd probably be best to leave it out.

Psychic
:gothitelle: :meowstic-f: :meowstic: :orbeetle: :reuniclus: :slowking: :starmie:

Bug
:ariados: :butterfree: :kricketune: :leavanny: :orbeetle: :parasect: :vikavolt:

Rock
:archeops: :gigalith: :lycanroc-dusk: :lycanroc: :lycanroc-midnight: :regirock: :tyrantrum:

Ghost
:chandelure: :dhelmise: :froslass: :gourgeist: (Small, Average, and Large but not Super) :mimikyu: :mismagius: :spiritomb: :trevenant:

Dragon
:goodra: :hydreigon: :kommo-o: :tyrantrum::flygon:
*Mega Dragalge is Poison/Dragon-type in both its base and Mega form, but the competitive council deemed that its overwhelming advantage against Fairy - a type Dragon normally struggles against - meant that it should not be allowed in the format.
* Mega Dragonite is a Dragon/Flying-type in both its base and Mega form, but since it's being suspected anyways later in the break it was decided it'd probably be best to leave it out.

Dark
:bisharp: :honchkrow: :hydreigon: :spiritomb: :thievul::drapion:

Steel
:bastiodon: :bisharp: :corviknight: :klinklang: :registeel:

Fairy
:clefable:
* Mega Mimikyu does have a Mega Evolution that stays Fairy-type, but due its forms' unique mechanics, it must be banned from mono-Fairy teams to prevent its other Ghost/Bug-type Mega Evolution from being used.

Normal
:bibarel: :gumshoos: :staraptor:
Other than our custom Mega Evolutions, this tour follows the normal rules of Natdex Monotype, which you can find here.

Saturday, January 2nd: Research Tour
>>> (Challonge Signups) | (Wiki homepage) <<<​

This tour is partly a celebration of our newly-completed VR and partly an information-gathering campaign to get more real usage data on the Mega Evolutions in our roster that may be in need of buffs in the future. You may teambuild however you like, but any Mega Evolutions on your team must be ranked B- or lower on the VR page, with these exceptions:

:vikavolt: Mega Vikavolt, :walrein: Mega Walrein, :kricketune: Mega Kricketune and :meganium: Mega Meganium were previously either low-tier or unranked, but recently received buffs that have increased their viability. However, these buffs haven't really been tested much in practice, and this is the perfect opportunity to explore their effectiveness!

:sawsbuck: :sawsbuck-summer: :sawsbuck-autumn: :sawsbuck-winter: Mega Sawsbuck and :delibird: Mega Delibird (both) have both been out for a little while now and seen marginal amounts of use, but not enough to have a clear idea of where they'll fall in the rankings. Since they're not expected to be competitively overwhelming compared to the other Pokemon included in this tour, this would be a good time to explore their use!
(Slate 25 is not ranked either, but none of those are going to be included in this. They're all rather exciting-looking, and we fear that they'd dominate the tour, especially since they're already shaping up to be quite good and Lurantis especially has been tested quite a lot already.)

:mismagius: Mega Mismagius is ranked B-, but due to the nature of its design it is definitely not a candidate for receiving buffs in the future. It has been tested plenty and works exactly as intended, so it will not be available for use in this tournament.

So, the list of usable Mega Evolutions for this tour is as follows:
B- or Lower: :klinklang: :thievul: :ariados: :bastiodon: :bisharp: :aurorus: :leavanny: :clefable: :flareon: :froslass: :conkeldurr: :goodra: :toucannon: :gumshoos: :lycanroc-midnight: :kommo-o: :archeops: :nidoking: :trevenant: :gourgeist:(Average and Super Size)
Buffed but Untested: :vikavolt: :walrein: :kricketune: :meganium:
Unranked and Untested: :sawsbuck:
(all forms):delibird:(both forms)

Tuesday, January 5th: Dragonite Suspect Tour
>>> (Challonge Signups) | (Wiki homepage) <<<​

That's right folks, it's finally time! :dragonite: Mega Dragonite has always been a hard hitter in the MfA roster, but Dragonite gaining access to the Tough Claws-boosted Dual Wingbeat in Sword and Shield's Crown Tundra DLC has pushed it into "bannable" territory. So we're holding a suspect tour to gather more information on its gameplay, and, if we conclude it is definitely banworthy, help us figure out the best path forward for a nerf.

If you plan on participating in this tour, please be prepared with at least two teams, one with Mega Dragonite and one without.

Over the whole two weeks: Mega Spooky Cup
>>> (Wiki homepage) <<<
We uh... we'd really like to get this tour wrapped up now that the server issues are mostly over! So if we could finish this up over the break, that would be great. The current matches are:

- MegaFlareon v. ChoiceScarfed
- Ainzcrad v. BotwNerd745
- Ausma v. Hematemesis

If you haven't gotten in touch with your opponent within the next couple days, let me know and I'll give you a bye.

All right, I think that's all from me for now! Remember that

Megas for All in all of its formats (MfA, Mega Spooky Cup, MfA Doubles, & MfA Random Battles) can be played on Dragon Heaven

and

Submissions will resume with Slate 26 on Friday, January 8th!

See you around, guys!!!
sudogood.png

Last edited:
HELLO, EVERYONE!! I'm here with a handful of exciting updates today!!

:flygon::drapion::lurantis:

Very quick update first:
as has been noted in the title since yesterday, we are now fully playable through slate 25!
You can use all three of our latest additions by giving a :flygon: Flygon the Flygonite, a :drapion: Drapion the Drapionite or a :lurantis: Lurantis the Lurantisite to hold - congratulations to Ausma on winning Flygon and BitBitio on winning Lurantis!!! I'm beyond excited for all of these new additions!!
On top of that, as ink announced, the balance changes poll results are in, and those updates are live, too!

For :meganium: Meganium to gain access to the move Dragon Dance - 19 in favor vs 1 against - passes with a 95% supermajority
For 35 points of :slowking: Mega Slowking's Special Attack to be moved into its Speed - 17 in favor vs 3 against - passes with a 85% supermajority
For :kricketune: Kricketune to gain access to the move U-turn - 18 in favor vs 2 against - passes with a 90% supermajority
For :meowstic-f: female Meowstic to lose access to the move Focus Blast - 18 in favor vs 2 against - passes with a 90% supermajority
For :meowstic-f: female Meowstic to lose access to the move Mystical Fire - 11 in favor vs 9 against - just barely does not pass with only a 55% supermajority (60% was required)

You can see all of this information on the spreadsheet or the fantastic Megas for All wiki by inkbug!

:starmie::samurott::eelektross::meowstic::dragalge::dhelmise:

First of all, the Megas for All Winter Break Tour was an incredible success! Congratulations to Mossy Sandwich on being our winner!!
You can check out the full bracket here on Challonge, and the replays are compiled (and mobile-accessible!) here on the Megas for All wiki by the incredible inkbug!!

In addition, we have three more tours coming up during our winter break!! Come join our Challonge community, also by the amazing inkbug, to view the details!! For a recap:

- On Tuesday, the 29th of December, we're holding a monotype tournament for Megas for All!​
A list of all legal Mega Evolutions can be found here.​

- On Saturday, the 2nd of January, we're holding a research tournament to explore some of our Mega Evolutions that aren't ranked as highly and encourage people to find creative ways to make the most of them! This also includes a handful of Pokémon that have been buffed recently but haven't been tested since.​
The most current list of all legal Mega Evolutions can be found below:​
:nidoking::clefable::flareon::meganium::ariados::delibird:(Mega Delibird and Festive Rider):walrein::kricketune::bastiodon::froslass::leavanny::conkeldurr::archeops::sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter::bisharp::aurorus::trevenant::gourgeist:(Average Size and Super Size):goodra::toucannon::gumshoos::vikavolt::lycanroc-midnight::kommo-o::thievul:
Other than Mega Evolutions, you can use any Pokémon you want as long as they're legal in regular Megas for All!​

And finally...
- On Tuesday, the 5th of January, we're suspect testing :dragonite: Mega Dragonite!!​
We'll share more details closer to the date of the tournament, but if you've been following the mod for long (or if you see it the replays in the tour above - somewhat late in the tournament, it stops being used simply because players agreed to that out of courtesy to one another, which is telling...), it's pretty clear why it's a problem. Dragonite has always been a threatening sweeper in our meta, and with the arrival of Crown Tundra, Game Freak decided to buff it without getting M4A council approval or a 60% supermajority from our players... shaking my head at this flagrant misconduct by giving it Dual Wingbeat, the physical Flying STAB Dragonite was obviously always designed not to have, and with an unnecessary Tough Claws boost for good measure.​
If Mega Dragonite wasn't borderline before, this definitely pushed it over the edge, and we're running a formal suspect test to establish the proper way to handle it. We don't plan on banning it - of the ones we've created, only Mega Evolutions whose base forms are banned are disallowed from the format, and we'd like to keep it that way until we start properly developing M4A Ubers much later on, so the result of this tournament will most likely be a nerfing process if it's decided that Mega Dragonite in its current incarnation is banworthy.​

I can't wait to follow all of these tours myself - this is going to be a ton of fun!!!

:cinderace:
A message from the Megas for All competitive council...
M4A players,

(shoutouts to inkbug for this wonderful image)

:cinderace: Cinderace (including the base form) has been banned from Megas for All for the time being!
It will be retested in the future with a proper, community-inclusive suspect process so we can decide whether we want it back in our format after all, but a 60% supermajority of the competitive council voted to ban it immediately until a proper suspect is in order.
The council has opted to share their thoughts explaining their votes, so you can read those below:

Do Not Ban

Cinderace is far from impossible to answer. It's also a very good pivot on teams that need one while being able to run coverage to deal with threats its team can't answer. It's also one of the better Spectrier answer if running Sucker Punch. While it hits hard and its coverage is good, its damage output is also not gonna let it get through sturdy physical walls unless it has coverage for them. Many already Top Tier pokemons such as Gliscor, Landorus-T and Toxapex can check or counter Cinderace without handicapping yourself. With splashable answers and its usefulness on teams that need a pivot, I believe Cinderace is kind of healthy and not banworthy.
Adding to what Mossy Sandwich said, one of the reasons why I didn't want to ban Cinderace is because of the fact that running some defensive or offensive answers to Cinderace usually also covers other threats your team might have a problem with. I do understand, however, why some people might be against Cinderace since, although it's physically inclined (not counting its mega evolution), it can run different sets to deal with Pokémon who are supposed to check it, such as Bulk Up and one of its coverage moves, among others.
As a player, you do have to make sure your answers are healthy enough to scout its moveset and survive in order to deal with other threats, but I believe that there are enough ways to punish Cinderace for U-Turn spamming, like Rocky Helmet or spreading status with Thunderwave/Toxic/Static, which is sth. that you also use against other threats besides Cinderace, imo, such as, but not limited to, Kartana, Rillaboom, or Landorus-T.

Ban

I voted ban on Cinderace because it’s very constraining in the teambuilder. A fantastic speed tier only benchmarked by a select few pokemon, a fantastic ability in libero, and an obscene signature move in Pyro ball all combine to make a threatening pokemon not checked by enough to not be deemed centralizing in the metagame. Cinderace is very centralizing, and building teams in the current MFA meta is constraining as each team is confined to having a certain pokemon (usually Physdef Clef, Gliscor, Slowbro, or LandoT) and some pokemon you’d think could check it (Fini, Pex) get utterly bopped by certain coverage moves. Even these checks can be uturned on for little penalty outside of the occasional rocky helmet chip. In the hands of a skilled battler (Mossy), I (hopefully also a skilled battler) was being utterly trounced by the thing even with some serious checks to the thing. We value competitive diversity and fun in the MFA community, and in the tour today, Cinderace proved to me that it’s role in the metagame limits fun and competitive diversity. For those reasons, I voted ban :P.
Cinderace has long been a phenomenal option for teams with its shocking longevity thanks to Heavy Duty Boots, its high power thanks to Libero and its great Attack stat, its excellent speed tier, and its great versatility, being capable of running a multitude of options that leave it very challenging to answer in the teambuilder. It is incredible at forcing progress and chip damage onto any team that doesn’t have several answers. Additionally, with access to Z-Moves that can handle various answers, no Pokémon is capable of handling every Cinderace set. For these reasons, Cinderace avoided a ban in the National Dex tier by the margin of a single vote. However, in Megas For All, another layer of unpredictability is added to Cinderace in the form of Mega Cinderace, an incredibly powerful breaker which we have been led to realize nearly invalidates Stall teams by virtue of sheer damage output due to its incredible ability in Sharp Striker enabling it to fire off powerful attacks on both the physical and special side of the spectrum. This added level of unpredictability, paired with an already incredible Pokémon, pushes it over the edge and for these reasons I voted BAN.
I personally think when it comes to evaluating whether something should be banned or not in M4A, we can't look at this like we look at more inherently competitively driven metagames like base National Dex. In my eyes, I feel M4A's tiering decisions ultimately need to be looked at from a different critical angle; namely, to put an emphasis on teambuilder freedom. I personally value this because M4A is a metagame based on experimentation, freedom, and fun above all else, much unlike conventional tiers where competitive value takes the highest precedent.

I feel in our metagame, Cinderace's offensive attributes put far too much pressure in the teambuilder to where it is immensely difficult to check in a vacuum, especially when variables such as its stallbreaking Mega counterpart exist to add an extra layer of difficulty in scouting/playing around it. Additionally, I don't believe it adds very much to our metagame as a whole, especially when there are more healthy, natural ways to run general purpose offensive pivots, be it from our range of new Mega Evolutions, or with different options that gain viability from the metagame climate. I find myself in the teambuilder to be very pressured in trying to handle its wide range of potential options (that are further exacerbated with its Mega Evolution) while maintaining team synergy and priorities, and I don't believe having such restraints is healthy in a metagame where I feel the teambuilder is the top priority. As such, I have voted to ban Cinderace.
I think cinderace should be banned from m4a because it is extremely constraining when trying to teambuild. it has counters, however a lot of them are quite easily worn down like lando-t who has no form of recovery to consistently act as a check to it. on top of this, it has z-move sets which can hit a lot of common counters such as slowbro immensely hard. in addition there is the fact that it also can simply u-turn to keep momentum against non-helmet variants of its checks. Its stall-breaking mega form only worsens the problem as it can surprise a usual check and often 2hko them (once mega cinder is nerfed this problem isnt as bad but focus blast still 2hkos things such as quagsire). altogether, this creates a pokemon nigh-on impossible to completely check, with only a handful of pokemon able to deal with it consistently. the constrain that this puts on teambuilding is very unhealthy and for me personally makes me think that it is ban-worthy.

9993FBC1-D37D-4C6D-B0AB-29ED0BCCEA97.png

voting table made by Ausma thankyousomuch ;_;

For reference, had Cinderace not been banned, its Mega Evolved form would have been nerfed to a more appropriate power level for our meta; we have had our eyes on it for some time, and possible nerfs were already being discussed.
However, in light of its recent suspect test in National Dex one vote away holy heck and most of our council having strong opinions on its base form as well, a majority have opted to ban Cinderace regardless.

Note that Cinderace and Mega Cinderace will remain legal for Fire-type teams in the monotype tournament, as the competitive council has deemed that many of the reasons for their ban do not apply to the same extent there.

This change is currently live on Dragon Heaven!

Aaand lastly!!!

:bastiodon::sawsbuck::sawsbuck-autumn:

I'm here to announce another balance changes poll!

As usual, we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with each of these changes.
That said, these are changes that the original creators of these Megas support and have also all been approved by the council, so now we're just checking the public opinion before we go through with them. C:

This time, the affected Pokémon are Mega Bastiodon and Mega Sawsbuck in its Spring Form and Autumn Form!
All three of the balance changes this time around concern alterations to their custom Abilities.

:bastiodon: Mega Bastiodon's Ability, Settle, is really popular in concept and definitely one of the coolest ones in the mod, but it's generally considered that Bastiodon isn't strong enough to make use of it. Many of us feel that its concept would be supported better if Settle's boost were more rewarding - it's been described as "the ultimate hard read Pokémon," but the fact that it doesn't do enough damage even when it lands a perfectly-played hit, and then it's stuck using a weaker move so it may not be able to finish its target off, sort of prevents it from pulling off that style as well as it might.
After discussing potential higher modifiers for it I know this might sound crazy but I should emphasize that it has full approval from our council, our other competitive advisors, and another member of the community who very strongly advocated in favor of this Bastiodon and wanted it to win, we have chosen to buff Settle to a full 100% damage boost rather than the 20% it has now.
This is a buff many of us strongly support that we think is faithful to the original concept and just makes it more rewarding to use Settle effectively. This change was discussed on the Discord first and proved very popular among the community, so we're really hoping for the best - we're polling it now because I just got the approval of the original submitter, woworiginal, yesterday! C:

Settle in its current state:​
- When using a given special move for the first time in at least three turns, this Pokémon uses its Attack stat, and the power is increased by 20%. Has no effect if the same special move has been used in the last three turns.​

Settle after its proposed buff:​
- When using a given special move for the first time in at least three turns, this Pokémon uses its Attack stat, and the power is increased by 100%. Has no effect if the same special move has been used in the last three turns.​

Two of our Mega Sawsbuck - its :sawsbuck: Spring and :sawsbuck-autumn: Autumn forms - currently have heavily RNG-based Abilities that don't support them in an especially interesting or unique way and place a reduced emphasis on player skill. As with Meowstic-F in our last poll, the two of them sort of slipped under the radar before the start of voting for their slate, and a change would likely have been requested sooner, but then they won anyway, at which point it was no longer a matter of just asking the submitter to take a minute to change them. Oops - after these last two polls, I'm definitely inclined to say I'll pay better attention in the future ;-;
For reference, ViZar also regretted the way he handled the Abilities on these two - he actually suggested the change to Sawsbuck-Autumn himself, and he asked for help on Sawsbuck-Spring and expressly supported this one - so know that he's totally on board with this as well!
These are already some really interesting Pokémon (Autumn especially!!), and we're hoping these changes will just make them that much more fun to use and to face!
In keeping with their seasonal theming, the change to Spring Fever was inspired by the move Powder, and the change to Autumn Leaves was inspired by the move Trick-or-Treat.

Spring Fever in its current state:​
This Pokémon's Grass-type moves have a 30% chance of confusing or infatuating the target or causing the target to skip its next turn instead of using a move.​
Spring Fever after its proposed buff:​
While this Pokémon is active, if any Pokémon uses a Fire-type move, it is prevented from executing and the attacker loses 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded half up. This effect does not happen if the Fire-type move is prevented by Primordial Sea.
Autumn Leaves in its current state:​
This Pokémon's Grass-type attacks without a chance to make the target flinch gain a 20% chance to make the target flinch.​
Autumn Leaves after its proposed buff:​
This Pokémon's Grass-type attacks cause the Ghost type to be added to the target, effectively making it have two or three types. Has no effect if the target is already a Ghost type. If Forest's Curse adds a type to the target, it replaces the type added by this Ability and vice versa.

We're looking forward to all of these changes, so we hope all of you feel the same and that they can pass!
As usual, these polls will last 48 hours from this post!

Last edited:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To save Hematite from triple posting.
Pfff, you didn't have to do that, but thanks :'D
this is so much funnier in the context that I was asleep when it was sent and would not go on to post anything at all until 13 hours later
(for reference, I wouldn't actually have been triple-posting because I had just decided to wait for the tournament to conclude before reporting the results and could condense it all into one announcement, but yeah XP)

ahem
Hey again, everyone!!! Sorry for the delay in getting this to the thread, but I'm here with a couple of announcements on the format!!

First of all...

:krookodile:

I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T FORMALLY ANNOUNCE THIS SOONER I FEEL SO BAD,,,
Please extend a warm welcome to BitBitio as the newest member of our competitive council!! He's already made fantastic contributions to the metagame development side as well, including contributing to our ongoing sample teams project, helping a ton with the VR, and, as seen in my last announcement, being one of the deciding votes in our decision on Cinderace - and he also constantly makes fantastic submissions here guys I'm so happy his Lurantis won you have no idea it's my favorite I love it and is an active battler on top of all of that.
He's definitely deserving of the spot, and we're so happy to have him on board!!

:starmie:

Speaking of actively battling, how about that monotype tour we had yesterday?
It went so well!! There were a ton of amazing battles, all of which you can see here on the wiki as compiled by inkbug (thank you so much for all of your hard work always ;_;) - you guys have no idea how exciting it is to me to see so many people invested in playing the format like this!!
Congratulations to the incredible BlueRay on being our champion - it was a fantastic showing all around!!

M4A Monotype is still a playable format on DH for the time being, so feel free to keep playing if the ruleset appeals to you!!
People seemed to be having a lot of fun building teams for the format (and there are a ton of samples shared publicly in the #team-sharing channel of our Discord server, if you need a hand in getting started!), so it seems like a good idea to keep it going as a side format!!

Next up...

:bastiodon::sawsbuck::sawsbuck-autumn:

The balance changes poll results are in! I've already finished coding them, but the pull request hasn't been accepted just yet - keep an eye on the spreadsheet and the Discord for updates on when that's live!
And holy heck, were the results conclusive this time!!!

For :bastiodon: Mega Bastiodon's Ability, Settle, to be buffed to a 100% modifier:
16 in favor vs 0 against - passes with a 100% supermajority

For :sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck's Ability in Spring form, Spring Fever, to be revised to the Powder-inspired effect described before:
15 in favor vs 1 against - passes with a 93.75% supermajority

For :sawsbuck-autumn: Mega Sawsbuck's Ability in Autumn form, Autumn Leaves, to be revised to the Trick-or-Treat-inspired effect described before:
14 in favor vs 2 against - passes with an 87.5% supermajority

so like yeah that's happening
thanks, everyone!!!

:regieleki: + :slowking: = ???​

As one last update... M4A Monotype is not our only new side format!
This is something that's been requested more than a few times, but I... well... not gonna lie, I always thought it would be way harder to set up than it did and require way more maintenance than it seems it will!
I said a few times that we'd save it for a special occasion and a temporary tournament or something like Mega Spooky Cup rather than ever making it a permanent addition to the mod, but that actually doesn't need to be the case - this can stick around as long as we want! er, as long as people are active in telling me what to ban, because I know nothing about how this meta is supposed to look and I will not generally know to make those decisions on my own XP

Introducing... Mix and M4A!

Mix and M4A is an Ubers-based side format based on the popular OM Mix and Mega, in which almost any Pokémon can Mega Evolve using almost any Mega Stone in the mod - and you can have a team of six of them!

Mix and M4A is National Dex-based just like the main mod, so you can use any Pokémon even if they're not in regular Mix and Mega! Our current banlists are as follows:

Moves and Abilities that can't be used on any Pokémon:
Moody, Shadow Tag, Baton Pass and Electrify

Pokémon that can't be used:
:zacian-crowned::calyrex-shadow:

Pokémon that can be used but aren't allowed to hold Mega Stones (even their own):
:arceus::calyrex-ice::deoxys::deoxys-attack::dialga::eternatus::gengar::giratina::ho-oh::kyogre::kyurem-black::kyurem-white::lugia::lunala::marshadow::melmetal::mewtwo::naganadel::necrozma-dawn-wings::necrozma-dusk-mane::palkia::rayquaza::regigigas::reshiram::slaking::xerneas::yveltal::zacian::zekrom::zygarde-complete:

Mega Stones that aren't allowed on any Pokémon:
:beedrill-mega::butterfree::blaziken-mega::gengar-mega::gourgeist::gumshoos::kangaskhan-mega::klinklang::leavanny::lurantis::mawile-mega::medicham-mega::parasect::pidgeot-mega::vikavolt:

Mega Stones that are currently allowed but are being watched/may be banned in the future:
:bastiodon::cinderace::delibird::garbodor::gothitelle::hydreigon::inteleon::kricketune::luxray::meowstic::mimikyu::spiritomb::talonflame:
lowkey hilarious to me that regular Cinderace was banned on its own and it turns out its Mega Stone might be banworthy in itself

Just by default, there's a text command in Dragon Heaven that will allow you to see the stats, types and Ability of a given combination of Pokémon and stone. You can use either of the following to do this:
/mnm pokemon @ stone, m4av6
/mnm pokemon @ stone, mnm4a​
(the command is indeed m4av6 and not m4av7 - DH's internal data does not care that we made a new thread, and I don't think it's worth manually redirecting every little thing we'd need to rename to change that XP)
However, note that there are some exceptions to this! This will almost always be accurate (it does recognize our Mega Stones and all), but it will report that the stones Aurorite, Bastiodite, Sawsbuckite and Toucannonite and any future stones that replace primary types do not cause type changes. These stones currently replace secondary types like any other type-changing stone, and it's possible that they will be changed to replace primary types in the future for more accuracy to their original Mega Evolutions.

For more convenience and better accuracy, we also have that handy QOL feature from the main mod to let you know the stats and types of every Pokémon that Mega Evolves right away! petition for regular Mix and Mega to adopt this also? This is independent of the text command and will always accurately reflect what is in battle, so you'll never need to worry about it having outdated information or information from vanilla MnM instead of our mod. C:
I also fixed the problem with Illusion being given away by the QOL that vanilla MnM tried to implement
have fun with Zoroark + also with Inteleonite before people probably make me ban it

Minor final note on the mechanics: these are not bans, but because some Mega Stones are shared between multiple Pokémon, some of the Mega Evolutions aren't associated with any stones, which means they can't be "mixed" with other base forms:
:regice::registeel: - Reginite always returns Regirock's stat changes
:delibird:(Festive Rider):sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter: - Sawsbuckite always returns Sawsbuck-Spring's stat changes
:meowstic-f: - Meowsticite always returns male Meowstic's stat changes
:lycanroc-midnight::lycanroc-dusk: - Lycanite always returns Midday Form's stat changes
:mimikyu:(Busted) - Mimikyunite always returns Disguised Form's stat changes
To be clear, there is no expectation or intention for this to be changed in the future - it's just how Mix and Mega works. C:

I'll probably update the main spreadsheet with a stone list in the future - one that I won't need to update manually all the time, I hope! haha - but for now, you can use this temporary sheet will not be updated in the future - it's just provisional until I add them to the main sheet to look at the Mega Stones our mod introduces!

Obviously, Mix and M4A is completely unexplored territory and we don't know anything about it, so be aware that we will need time to work a lot of things out and will be open to making balance updates in the near future (just bans, not changes to the main mod - MnM4A is not a priority and never will be and this is just a for-fun side format since people wanted to mess around!).
With that in mind, it would be super helpful if you'd let me know if anything seems obviously problematic for the format after you've tried it!
Also note that there won't be any official tournaments in this format for a long time if ever, and again, maintaining this as a competitive scene is not our priority - this is just something experimental that's meant to be fun right now.
Still, hopefully it'll go over well, and we ask whoever's interested in playing it to be patient with us as we work out any issues that crop up!

:dragonite:?​

That should be all for this update, I think!!
Small heads-up: there might be a change to the dates of the upcoming tours later, but I'm not positive if it's been decided that that's happening, so I will wait for a clear response and it may be announced by another council member or by me again later! Apologies for the uncertainty here - I just want to make sure what's correct before I say for sure. OTL

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for this question, but can’t you just do Regirockite, Regicite, and Registeelite for the Regis? It seems like it would make things easier for MNMFA. The same can be said for Lycanite, Lycanite-N, and Lycanite-D, and really any mon with an out of battle form, save Mimikyu. (Even then, maybe you could do Mimibustite (I apologize for the horrible name) or something for the busted form).

Tl;dr: Just make separate megas for the regis and other out of battle forms.

I apologize in advance for this question, but can’t you just do Regirockite, Regicite, and Registeelite for the Regis? It seems like it would make things easier for MNMFA. The same can be said for Lycanite, Lycanite-N, and Lycanite-D, and really any mon with an out of battle form, save Mimikyu. (Even then, maybe you could do Mimibustite (I apologize for the horrible name) or something for the busted form).

Tl;dr: Just make separate megas for the regis and other out of battle forms.
I could, but I don't... want to?
MnM4A is not a priority at all. I have no interest in changing anything about how the main mod works or looks to accommodate it.
We made the decision to unify these stones because it's better for the main mod in terms of convenience, optics and aesthetic design (and I actually went out of my way to make it work - it would have been easier not to), and like I said already, I have no intention of changing that or doing anything else that affects the main mod for MnM4A's sake.
It's not a matter of what's doable or what's easy or of not having any idea how to make it work - I just would rather have it this way for the main mod's sake.
also, I'm begging you not for the first time - just join the Discord if you want to discuss things like this please

Last edited:
Hey again, everyone!! I have a few announcements to make once again!!

:bronzong::bronzong::bronzong:

First of all, I'm here with the poll to decide which Mega Evolutions we'll do in slate 26 - that's right, the break is almost over and we'll be doing another slate on the 8th. as previously announced!

>>> Slate 26 Poll <<<​

Usually, these polls are run concurrently with a submission phase, and they close when submissions do, giving a 48-hour preparation period during which people know the next slate in advance. There's no submission phase going on right now, of course, but we'll do the same here nonetheless - this poll will be open for about 96 hours, and I'll officially announce the next slate on the 6th, so you'll have two days to prepare before submissions open as always! (or longer if you think there's a clear winner before then - you can always check the results from the strawpoll!)

:nidoking::meganium::walrein::bastiodon:

Second, I'm excited to announce that BlueRay has won our Winter Break Research Tour!
It was so cool to get to see some of our underused Mega Evolutions take the spotlight and find out what they can do - a handful of them really took us by surprise and made a great showing here, which is always exciting!! We're discussing some VR changes and some more potential balance changes now, so you might see another poll on those in the near future. C:
As always, you can check out the full bracket here on Challonge, and the replays are compiled here on the Megas for All wiki by the fantastic inkbug!!

Lastly... as of yesterday, like kakaks said above, we're officially Pet Mod of the Season!!
Thank you guys so much for your support and enthusiasm!! ;u; I'm so proud of this community and I can't wait for the rest of Smogon to see what we've made here together!!

I think that's all for announcements today, but remember that our
Mega Dragonite suspect test is happening this Tuesday (the 5th) - at 21:00 GMT, the same time as our past few tours during this break - and we'll be discussing whether and how to nerf it afterwards!
Stay tuned for more updates on that as we move forward with the mod!!

Edit: Mega Dragonite has an icon now!

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!!! It feels weird as heck to be making this post after such a long break, haha.

Dragonite Suspect Updates

amazing banner by inkbug!

First and foremost, huge congratulations to okispokis for being the winner of our first
Mega Dragonite suspect tour!

amazing trophy also by inkbug!
As always, we had some amazing battles!! You can see the replays for all of them in a mobile-friendly format on the Megas for All wiki as compiled by inkbug!

That said, it turns out that Tuesday was not a good time for this tour - a lot of potential players were unable to make it, since school is starting back up for a lot of people right around then and many of us are a lot busier now.
With that in mind, we've decided to host a second Mega Dragonite suspect tour, this time at 19:00 GMT on Saturday, the 17th of January (a week from tomorrow) after some discussion and a vote on the Discord!
Hopefully everyone who was interested can attend that time, and then we can get to nerfing this as a community!

:kricketune:
Another Small Balance Changes Poll

We also have another big balance changes poll coming up, but this one had unanimous council support and was discussed first, so I'm thinking it makes sense to put it forward right now even though the rest isn't ready just yet!

Okay so---
:kricketune: Mega Kricketune has been buffed twice already in small ways, but it still struggles a lot to see viable use. Its Ability, while super fun in edge cases, does not benefit it a great deal in standard play, and with its reliance on low BP moves, its superficially impressive Attack and Speed are not enough to let it perform well.
A few options were discussed, but the competitive council concluded unanimously that the addition of Close Combat was what it needed.
Naturally, this buff has the original submitter inkbug's approval as well, so now it's up to all of you as always!

This poll will last 48 hours from this post, and we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with it.

:krookodile:
Viability List!!

As you know, the competitive council has been working hard on developing metagame resources to make it easy to learn our metagame and for everyone to get started... and just yesterday, the incredible BitBitio surprised us all with a viability list that accounts for official Pokémon, including ones that are put in a better position in our metagame or that have been directly buffed by new move additions - something we hadn't had the opportunity to take into account in our previous viability rankings, which were focused entirely on our new Mega Evolutions so far.
After a bit of input and discussion, the competitive council approved this amazing resource, and we're now going to add it to the metagame resources post at the beginning of the thread!
Thank you so much for your hard work oh my goodness ;u;

Megas for All Metagame Resources

Megas for All has a fun, constantly developing, engaging, and most importantly, balanced metagame! While it bears notable similarities to National Dex given that it is based on said meta, it has some distinct differences that set it apart and make it unique. Some major differences include:

- A wider range of viable archetypes including Balance, Bulky Offense, Stall, and a variety of hyper offensive playstyles, given that several Megas act as enablers to let these archetypes thrive. One such example is Mega Magcargo, a Mega possessing unique traits that makes the otherwise inconsistent and underwhelming Webs Offense much more capable of success.
- Another major departure from National Dex is the ban of Cinderace- a versatile and centralizing offensive threat that is right on the line between broken and not. In National Dex, it avoided a ban by one vote. In M4A, the different tiering philosophy and the added factor of Mega Cinderace push it over the edge. As a result, such threats as Infernape and Mega Dhelmise have risen in viability than before thanks to their ability to cover ground that Cinderace could.
- A third major difference is the presence of custom abilities! They have a wide range of effects that give their respective Megas unique niches that drastically increase meta diversity! Mega Garbodor is an incredible hazard control and wall that utilizes Trash Compactor to support its team incredibly all around! Mega Eelektross is a versatile offensive threat that uses its ability, Luster Swap, to be customized to fit the needs of its team! Reuniclus-Mega is a powerful mixed attacker that hits like a truck from both sides, that uses Two-Minded to further its capabilities.

All in all, Megas For All is a highly diverse and unique meta that plays much with National Dex, but with overall a larger number of viable options. So what are you waiting for? Get playing!

Megas For All Viability List

Banned due to base form

:cinderace: Cinderace-Mega
:dragapult: Dragapult-Mega

Great

:aegislash: Aegislash
:bibarel: Bibarel-Mega (lol how is Bibarel in this section :psywoke:)
:blissey: Blissey
:butterfree: Butterfree-Mega
:clefable: Clefable
:corviknight: Corviknight
:corviknight: Corviknight-Mega
:dhelmise: Dhelmise-Mega
:dragalge: Dragalge-Mega
:dragonite: Dragonite-Mega
:eelektross: Eelektross-Mega
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:flygon: Flygon-Mega
:garbodor: Garbodor-Mega
:garchomp: Garchomp
:gliscor: Gliscor
:gothitelle: Gothitelle-Mega
:greninja-ash: Greninja-Ash
:heatran: Heatran
:hippowdon: Hippowdon
:honchkrow: Honchkrow-Mega
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:kartana: Kartana
:kyurem: Kyurem
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:lopunny-mega: Lopunny-Mega
:lurantis: Lurantis-Mega
:magearna: Magearna
:magnezone: Magnezone
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:meowstic: Meowstic-M-Mega
:nidoqueen: Nidoqueen-Mega
:raichu: Raichu-Mega
:regice: Regice-Mega
:registeel: Registeel-Mega
:reuniclus: Reuniclus-Mega
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:rillaboom: Rillaboom-Mega
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:slowbro: Slowbro
:slowking: Slowking-Mega
:spectrier: Spectrier
:spiritomb: Spritomb-Mega
:starmie: Starmie-Mega
:toxapex: Toxapex
:tapu-fini: Tapu Fini
:tapu-koko: Tapu Koko
:tapu-lele: Tapu Lele
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:walrein: Walrein-Mega
:weavile: Weavile
:zapdos: Zapdos

Good

:alakazam: Alakazam
:alomomola: Alomomola
:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:bastiodon: Bastiodon-Mega
:bisharp: Bisharp
:boltund: Boltund-Mega
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega X
:charizard-mega-y: Charizard-Mega Y
:chansey: Chansey
:clefable: Clefable-Mega
:ditto: Ditto
:dracozolt: Dracozolt
:drapion: Drapion-Mega
:excadrill: Excadrill
:feraligatr: Feraligatr-Mega
:gengar: Gengar
:gallade-mega: Gallade-Mega
:garchomp-mega: Garchomp-Mega
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gourgeist: Gourgeist-Mega-Small
:greninja: Greninja
:gyarados: Gyarados
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:heracross-mega: Heracross-Mega
:hydreigon: Hydreigon-Mega
:infernape: Infernape
:inteleon: Inteleon-Mega
:jirachi: Jirachi
:kommo-o: Kommo-o
:kommo-o: Kommo-o-Mega
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:lycanroc: Lycanroc-Mega
:magcargo: Magcargo-Mega
:manaphy: Manaphy
:mantine: Mantine
:melmetal: Melmetal
:meowstic-f: Meowstic-F-Mega
:mew: Mew
:mimikyu: Mimikyu-Mega
:mimikyu: Mimikyu-Mega-Busted
:moltres: Moltres
:nidoqueen: Nidoqueen
:orbeetle: Orbeetle-Mega
:parasect: Parasect-Mega
:pelipper: Pelipper
:regirock: Regirock-Mega
:reuniclus: Reuniclus
:rotom-heat: Rotom-Heat
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:sableye-mega: Sableye-Mega
:samurott: Samurott-Mega
:sawsbuck-autumn: Sawsbuck-Mega-Autumn
:serperior: Serperior
:skarmory: Skarmory
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega
:slowking: Slowking
:staraptor: Staraptor-Mega
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:talonflame: Talonflame-Mega
:typhlosion: Typhlosion-Mega
:venusaur-mega: Venusaur-Mega
:victini: Victini
:volcarona: Volcarona
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar

Niche

:aerodactyl-mega: Aerodactyl-Mega
:araquanid: Araquanid
:archeops: Archeops-Mega
:arctozolt: Arctozolt
:barraskewda: Barraskewda
:chandelure: Chandelure-Mega
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr-Mega
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:cresselia: Cresselia
:delibird: Delibird-Mega
:diancie-mega: Diancie-Mega
:eelektross: Eelektross
:froslass: Froslass-Mega
:gigalith: Gigalith-Mega
:golisopod: Golisopod
:gourgeist: Gourgeist-Mega
:gourgeist: Gourgeist-Mega-Large
:gourgeist: Gourgeist-Mega-Super
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-U
:jolteon: Jolteon-Mega
:klinklang: Klinklang-Mega
:kricketune: Kricketune-Mega
:leavanny: Leavanny-Mega
:luxray: Luxray-Mega
:lycanroc-dusk: Lycanroc-Mega-Dusk
:lycanroc-midnight: Lycanroc-Mega-Midnight
:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola
:meganium: Meganium-Mega
:meowstic: Meowstic
:mimikyu: Mimikyu
:mismagius: Mismagius-Mega
:nidoking: Nidoking
:nidoking: Nidoking-Mega
:pinsir-mega: Pinsir-Mega
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku
:regieleki: Regieleki
:sawsbuck: Sawsbuck-Mega-Spring
:sawsbuck-summer: Sawsbuck-Mega-Summer
:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Mega-Winter
:seismitoad: Seismitoad
:shedinja: Shedinja
:shuckle: Shuckle
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar
:suicune: Suicune
:trevenant: Trevenant-Mega
:tyrantrum: Tyrantrum-Mega
:uxie: Uxie
:vanilluxe: Vanilluxe-Mega
:vaporeon: Vaporeon-Mega
:vikavolt: Vikavolt-Mega

Unviable New Megas (likely candidates for buffs in the future)

:ariados: Ariados-Mega
:aurorus: Aurorus-Mega
:bisharp: Bisharp-Mega
:delibird::sawsbuck-winter: Delibird-Mega-Festive-Rider
:flareon: Flareon-Mega
:goodra: Goodra-Mega
:gumshoos: Gumshoos-Mega
:thievul: Thievul-Mega
:toucannon: Toucannon-Mega

Slate 26

Based on the results of the latest poll, slate 26 will be a sound-themed slate suggested! The Pokémon we'll be doing next are :exploud: Mega Exploud, :noivern: Mega Noivern and :toxtricity::toxtricity-low-key: Mega Toxtricity!

Please be aware of how strong STAB Boomburst and especially -ate Boomburst are! We will be watching all three of these very carefully for their breaking power, and I strongly recommend against Aerilate :noivern: Noivern in particular, even without raising its Special Attack.

As usual, it's up to you how much you want to differentiate :toxtricity: Mega Toxtricity-Amped and :toxtricity-low-key: Mega Toxtricity-Low-Key - the base forms have different Abilities sort of and access to different moves, but you can also choose to give them different stats if you want... or you could do the opposite and give them the same Mega form!
We'll be voting for Toxtricity as a set - if you submit different Mega Evolutions for both forms of Toxtricity, the two of them will still be voted in together no matter what.

Submissions for slate 26 are open now!! I've already seen a ton of cool ideas being shared and refined on the Discord - I can't wait to see all of them posted here, and remember that that's a great place to look for feedback on your own submissions if you haven't already!

Slate 27 Poll

Before we go, I'm also here with the poll for slate 27! Let us know what Pokémon you'd like to see featured next!!

oh yeah hi i made that list so that's cool
:ss/noivern:
:noivern: Noivern-Mega
Flying/Dragon-->Psychic/Dragon
Frisk/Infiltrator/Telepathy-->Trace
New Stats: 85/70/95/120/95/170
HP: 85-->85 (+0)
Attack: 70-->70 (+0)
Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Special Attack: 97-->120 (+23)
Special Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Speed: 123-->170 (+47)
Total: 535-->635 (+100)
New Moves:
Calm Mind, Eerie Spell, Aura Sphere, Night Daze
Description: So Mega Dragapult was one of the earliest creations of this mod, being known for its incredible speed, its unmatched versatility, and its bonkers offensive utility. One of the really interesting things about it was its speed stat being so high that it often was able to utilize these very unique stat spreads where it invested into its bulk much more than one would expect for such an offensvie Pokemon, because its speed was so high it could do it efficiently and still outrun whatever it wanted. It also had pivoting, reliable recovery, and Trace, transforming it into an incredible multifaceted offensive threat that was able to threaten a lot of things incredibly well. It was also decidedly broken due to its access to Curse and Infestation enabling it to trap and eliminate any threat, paired with an already great Pokemon.
Mega Noivern is that Mega Dragapult's legacy. With fantastic speed, passable bulk, and solid special attack, Noivern functions as a powerful Trace pivot possessing many of the same tools as Dragapult, albeit with the broken stuff cut out. It can run a wide variety of sets and be slotted onto any team in need of its good traits. Its customizability with a wide range of tools let it target and handle specified threats.
I was thinking flavorwise, that its ears turn into like, radars or something and it like, scans the target or something. I dunno lol
Overall it's rad and uh, enjoy!

Mega Noivern
Type:
Flying / Dragon
Ability: Sonar (hitting a Pokemon with a sound move randomly reveals one of that Pokemon's moves)
Moves: Snarl
Stats:
HP: 85​
Atk: 70​
Def: 105 (+25)​
SpA: 127 (+30)​
SpD: 105 (+25)​
Spe: 143 (+20)​

Noibat, Ultra Moon:
"It flies around in search of fruit to eat. It uses ultrasonic waves to detect which fruits are ripe."​

With its sensitive ears (that also produce sound? somehow?) Mega Noivern can hear a Pokemon's moves just by the echo of its sonic blasts bouncing off them. Combined with its pre-mega ability Frisk, this lets Mega Noivern act as a scout, probing your opponent's strategies before they get the chance to reveal them. Snarl was added for doubles utility, where Boomburst is unappealing due to it hitting your other Pokemon. It could already do this with Hyper Voice, but Snarl is just generally more useful due to it dropping Special Attack. Mega Noivern can also use Snarl in singles over Boomburst if you prefer utility to damage, though if you don't want to deal with 5% miss rates, you could also opt for Confide.

And now it's time for a blast from the past.

:ss/toxtricity:
Mega Toxtricity (Amped)
Type:
Electric / Poison
Ability: Acid Rock (upon switch-in (or mega evolution, you know the drill) inflict regular poison on all Pokemon on the field, unless of course they can't be poisoned for whatever reason)
Moves: Gear Up, Hidden Power, Frustration
Stats:
HP: 75​
Att: 128 (+30)​
Def: 80 (+10)​
SpA: 144 (+30)​
SpD: 80 (+10)​
Spe: 95 (+20)​

:ss/toxtricity-low-key:
Mega Toxtricity (Low Key)
Type:
Electric / Poison
Ability: Acid Rock
Moves: Slack Off, Hidden Power, Return
Stats:
HP: 75​
Att: 98​
Def: 100 (+30)​
SpA: 114​
SpD: 140 (+70)​
Spe: 75​

Toxtricity is an interesting Pokemon because its two forms actually seem to have been intended to serve opposite roles. Amped exclusively learns Shift Gear and Venoshock, two offensive moves, while Low Key exclusively learns Magnetic Flux and Venom Drench, two defensive moves. While it's a neat idea, the execution falls flat because both forms have the same offensively-oriented stats, Magnetic Flux and Venom Drench are terrible moves, and Venoshock isn't all that useful for Toxtricity, so in the end people only using Amped because it can potentially run Shift Gear (and even if they don't use Shift Gear, Amped is still preferred because it doesn't reveal the lack of Shift Gear).

I wanted to fix that. Both forms receive the same ability in Acid Rock, but due to their exclusive moves and new stats, the two use it in very different ways. Amped is pretty straight-forward. It uses Acid Rock to power up its Venoshocks.

Low Key was a bit trickier to make work. It's more suited to defense, and can use Acid Rock in conjunction with Venom Drench to weaken the opponent, but while that's probably a decent niche in doubles, it still lacked the tools to really function in singles. That's where the addition of Slack Off comes in. With access to reliable recovery, Low Key Mega Toxtricity can more easily play the long game. Of course, Amped needed a counterpart move, and I chose Gear Up. It's similar to Shift Gear and the stat counterpart to Magnetic Flux. While it's probably useless, Amped can potentially use it to boost its Special Attack pre-mega.

Both forms can of course use Acid Rock for an additional use: to chip down opponents with poison damage. By switching into foes and then switching back out (either by hard switching or by using Volt Switch) Mega Toxtricity becomes a living Toxic Spike that's even capable of hitting foes that are off the ground. Through this ability, Mega Toxtricity can wear down the opponent's team without actually having to see much play. Amped can capitalize on this by coming in late game to clean up, while Low Key and its defensive partners can wait out the clock.

Last edited:
:toxtricity:

Mega Toxtricity
New Ability:
Electric Amplification (This pokemon's Electric- and Poison-type moves are considered Sound-moves (if they are not already), and have their BP increased by 10%.)
Type: Electric/Poison

New stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 118 (+20)
Defense: 70
Special Attack: 144 (+30)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 125 (+50)
(602 BST)

New moves: what no
Description:
Y'know, it doesn't take even a look at the stats to tell what the counterparts are supposed to do. This is no exception (seriously their stats are the same). Since Toxtricity-Amped has Shift Gear and Venoshock, which would imply that it would be more offensive, I figured, "why not?". While none of them are terribly relevant (save Shift Gear, I guess), and frankly, I don't intend to change that, this variant of Mega Toxtricity intends to bring out the offensive.

Looking at Toxtricity's initial stat spread, I noticed something that would really seem problematic - speed. See, Toxtricity by itself clearly isn't surviving any hits, and the fact 75 speed isn't good either doesn't help things either. Sure, this has the potential to hit absurdly hard, but that means nothing if you're slow AND frail. This basically explains the +50 in speed for this thing - if you're going to be a legitimately threatening wallbreaker, you have to be fast or you have to be bulky.

Now, you might ask, "what the heck does this ability do?". Well, thing is, it basically makes it so that Mega Toxtricity doesn't suffer from the opportunity cost of not running base Toxtricity (who is not a good mon in NatDex, by the way) - you aren't locked into Overdrive for Electric STAB and can instead actually afford to run Thunderbolt - which effectively becomes a 99 BP move - yes it is weaker than Punk Rock Overdrive, but it's also significantly faster, so it can afford to nab a KO on the next mon that switches in, especially if that next mon is something that might pack some dastardly firepower. Let's not forget too that, congrats, those Thunderbolts and Sludge Bombs (and Volt Switches too, haha) also bypass Substitute, so if you're dealing with some annoying Substitute user, you can easily hit them through the Substitute! 2 advantages for the price of 1!

That being said, this is balanced out by Mega Toxtricity not having a lot of coverage on the special side - sure, Boomburst may hit extremely hard with neutral targets, but against the face of something that either doesn't care about stomaching a Boomburst, Toxtricity is in serious trouble. That first issue is also worsened when you consider its lacking defenses - 75/70/70 is clearly not going to be anyone's definition of "good bulk", and if it's facing something that can make a decent trade against it... well, say goodbye to your mega.

:toxtricity-low-key:

Mega Toxtricity (Low Key)
New Ability:
Electric Suppressor (Attacks with secondary effects do not activate their secondary effects and deal 25% less damage to this pokemon.)
Type: Electric / Poison

New stats:
Attack: 98
Defense: 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 144 (+30)
Special Defense: 120 (+50)
Speed: 75
(602 BST)

New moves: same thing
Description:
Y'know, it doesn't take even a look at the stats to tell what the counterparts are supposed to do. This is no exception (seriously their stats are the same). Since Toxtricity-Low Key has Magnetic Flux and Venom Drench, which would imply that it would be more defensive, I figured, "why not?". While none of them are terribly relevant, and frankly, I don't intend to change that, this variant of Mega Toxtricity intends to bring out the defensive (ok, it's not a true defensive pokemon).
shamelessly copied from Toxtricity-Amped's description, I won't do that again

Let's face it, though, Mega Toxtricity-Low Key is not intended to be fully defensive. Obviously, I want to try to stay true to the base form's role, and while I am not completely opposed to role shifts if the time calls for it, Toxtricity's mega is not one of those. Also, I make Megas around what I know what I want to actually use, and a full defensive mon is clearly not one of those. What I did want to do, however, is to make this a bulky yet slow wallbreaker - the yin to Mega Toxtricity-Amped's yang. Whereas Toxtricity-Amped intends to hit hard and hit first, Toxtricity-Low Key tanks hits all the way before bringing out a seriously damaging attack.

Electric Suppressor... is a pretty interesting ability. It doesn't seem that it does anything for Toxtricity-Low Key at first, but upon closer inspection, this grants DR to 85% of the moves here (because they have secondary effects, you may not see them instantly, but they do happen), basically, it's a defensive/reverse Sheer Force. This greatly cripples pokemon like Mega Lurantis that first, don't actually have a way to hit it for super effective damage, but second, rely on a move to either boost up or to cripple the opponent as a critical part of their role. You may not hit as hard as Toxtricity-Amped, but 144 special attack is still clearly going to be no joke, plus you have the added benefit of being able to actually tank some hits where needed.

Electric/Poison may be great offensively... and to some extent, defensively (8 resists, I'll take it over none), but when your 2 weaknesses are not only relatively common in the metagame, but one of them also OHKOes you regardless of damage reduction or defensive investment... yeah, I think we know where this is heading. This also suffers from a lack of coverage too, I shouldn't need to explain this because this weakness is shared with his Amped form. 75 speed is also a poor speed tier for something this offensive - you're getting outsped by a lot, and while 90/120 defenses are good, they aren't great (especially physical defense) so stronger and faster wallbreakers are usually going to be able to outspeed this easily and potentially kill it before it can do anything of note.

Toxtricity-Low Key feels a lot like a neglected alternate form of a given mon - there's a reason you see nobody using it even though it could hypothetically fill the same role as Toxtricity-Amped, or at least, the base form. I wanted to give it something a bit more interesting to turn it from neglected alternate form mon into something that people are actually going to use competitively. Honestly, that doesn't mean I'm not going to make Toxtricity-Amped interesting either, though.

:noivern:
Mega Noivern
New Ability
: Draconic Echoes (This pokemon's Dragon- and Flying-type moves are considered sound moves. When damaging a pokemon with these types of moves, apply Torment effect to the target.)
Type: Dragon/Flying

New stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 110 (+40)
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 137 (+40)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 143 (+20)
(635 BST)

New moves: look at the movepool of this thing. then tell me if this needs any new moves. obvious answer is no.
Description:
This may not look like something you'd want to use over Mega Hydreigon, Mega Dragalge, heck, even Mega Latios of all things, at first, due to seemingly poor initial strength further compounded by the lack of setup on this thing, but when you take a closer look at it, it's a pretty damn strong and interesting wallbreaker. 137 special attack + decently high powered STABS + 143 speed allows it to hit first and hit reasonably hard - a combo that a lot of these wallbreakers can't really bring out. Dragalge hits hard but is painfully slow, Mega Latios isn't very good in this meta, and Mega Hydreigon brings out the "hit hard" but somewhat lacks in "hit first".

And then you look at Mega Noivern's ability, Draconic Echoes.

All of a sudden, this turns from "almost outclassed Dragon-type sweeper" to "fast, hard-hitting offensive support". Sure, it doesn't carry hazard-setting, but the ability works well with the utility it already carries in Defog and U-turn (singles), and Tailwind (Doubles). Torment is a unique kind of utility that's really not seen within the competitive metagame, and while it certainly isn't as potent or useful as Taunt, every once in a while it kicks in and turns the tide of the battle. It's an interesting kind of support that I think will help it in both Singles and Doubles. And even if you look past the ability, this mega has an amazing speed tier of 143 and a special attack level, that in conjunction with its high-powered STABs, enable it to hit reasonably hard too. Sound moves also ignore Substitute, so they can't hide behind a Sub and try to win against it that way.

With great power, comes great disadvantages. 85/80/80 defenses, while not the worst thing in the world, don't allow it to live a lot of hits, and while it may resist 85% of the priority options available, if there's something that can survive a hit from this thing and hit back hard, Noivern won't last long. The fact it also can't hold HDB and is weak to Stealth Rock cuts into its already kinda average defenses, and is worsened when you consider that Dragon/Flying also has a lot of really commonly seen weaknesses. Oh yeah. That 4x weakness to Ice means that against something like a Regice, Weavile, or Kyurem (realistically I could list so much more but this is all the relevant ones off my mind, Mega Delibird is niche and doesn't pose a threat to this mon anyways, Mega Vanilluxe and Mega Walrein might pose a threat but are kinda mid-tier competitively, Mega Aurorus and Mega Froslass are below-average competitively) that can either tank what Mega Noivern throws at it (Mega Regice and, to some extent, Kyurem) or have priority to make that speed tier mean nothing (Weavile), your mega's lifespan is going to be really short-lived.

Last edited:
Low key, I'm pretty amped to see who's toxtricity gets in.

Mega Exploud

explood.gif

Type:
normal.gif
->
normal.gif
steel.gif

Ability: Soundproof/Scrappy --> Omnivoice (The user's primary type becomes the same type as the first sound move in its move set.)

Stats:
HP: 104
Attack: 91
Defense: 63 -> 90(+27)
SpAtk: 91 -> 130 (+39)
SpDef: 73 -> 107 (+34)
Speed: 68

New Moves: Sparkling Aria, Bug Buzz, Overdrive, Eerie Spell, Chatter.
Optional New Moves: Nasty Plot, Flash Cannon, Perish Song, Parting Shot, Dark Pulse (These moves don't have to be added but it'd be really nice if they were. Also exploud gets soundproof so just keep that in mind.) ( Just learned that parting shot is a sound move. Do what you will with that. I personally won't advocate for these but I mean hey, it is a sound move and gives exploud another type option. )

Description: Using the very little information I learned from a video I came up with this. Basically, exploud is an organ, and organs are very large instruments that can play a numerous amounts of different sounds. That's basically what exploud can do now, It is able to become a specific sound and play it throughout battle thanks to its ability Omnivoice. This can create an interesting bulky offensive mon depending on what type you decided to go with. For example, If you gave it chatter in its first slot, it becomes Flying/Steel. It can still use its other moves, of course. The optional moves would be nice to have.

Mega Toxtricity

Type
:
electric.gif
poison.gif

toxtric.gif

Amped:
Ability: Plus/Punk Rock/Technician -> Electrotoxin ( If there are two Poison/Electric attacking moves in the first two move slots, one is used after the other but they deal 1/2 of the damage.) [ It doesn't have to be just poison and electric, It can also be two Electric and two Poison moves.]

Stats:
Attack: 98 -> 120 (+22)
Def: 70 -> 76 (+6)
SpAtk: 114 -> 146 (+32)
SpDef: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 75 -> 95 (+20)

New Moves: Clear Smog, Overheat, Hidden Power, Parabolic Charge, Thunder Cage

toxtric2.gif

Low Key:
Ability: Minus/Punk Rock/Technician -> Neurotoxin ( Adjacent Poisoned/Paralyzed opponents have all of their stats (except accuracy and evasion) decreased by one on entry.)

Stats
:
Attack: 98 -> 103 (+5)
Def: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpAtk: 114 -> 134 (+20)
SpDef: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Speed: 75 -> 70 (-5)

New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Hidden Power, Knock Off, Slack Off, Megahorn.

Description: Two unique and useful mega evolutions in my opinion. Amped Toxtricity is good for utility with its ability that links two electric or poison moves together, but halves the damage for balancing. It can set up some status conditions and pivot away in the same turn, such as by using nuzzle + volt switch, or Sludge Bomb + Volt switch. You could setup for another pokemon with Acid Spray + Volt Switch, decreasing their special defense which allows volt switch to still deal an okay amount of damage, and pressuring them to switch as you'd most likely swap into a special glass cannon of some sort. I imagine that amped toxtricity will mostly rely on volt switch, but you can still combine regular poison moves or regular electric moves together. Low-Key Toxtricity gets Neurotoxin which acts as a hyper intimidate for poisoned/paralyzed opponents, lowering all of their stats. This thing becomes pretty much a nightmare to fight, as you're either forced out by weakened offenses or forced out by weakened defenses for toxtricity to finish you off with. And the lowered speed helps too. Could work on trick room maybe? As for their move additions hidden power is really just filler but it'd help toxtricity with coverage. T-Spikes for low key so it can ensure its neurotoxin activates, Amped gets overheat because it could overexert itself playing for too long or even too loud. I wanted to go for something different than just "These pokemon make noise" Because I knew every other submission would already use that concept, and toxtricity has more to it than just sound unlike noivern and exploud. It's G-Max form's brain is basically being corroded by its own poison, and its G-Max move can paralyze or poison, implying it uses both poison and electricity. That's where the inspiration came from, hope you liked them.

Attachments

Last edited:
1610155808504.png

Exploud-Mega
Type:
Normal
Ability: Scrappy/Soundproof-> Mold Breaker
Stats
HP:
Attack: 91-> 101 (+10)
Defense:
63-> 83 (+20)
SpA:
91-> 131 (+40)
SpD:
73-> 83 (+10)
Speed:
68-> 88 (+20)
New Moves: +Parting Shot

Description:
With the added power of Mega Evolution, Exploud unleashes attacks so loud that they ignore the target's ability. Normal Exploud's trade is firing off high power attacks, and while Mold Breaker isn't as useful for Boomburst as Scrappy, it is useful in making Bulletproof a non-issue for Focus Blast and Shadow Ball, as well as removing pesky immunities to high power Fire Blasts, Overheats, and Hydro Pumps. As for the new move, Parting Shot allows Exploud to maintain momentum for its team and fits its sound theme. Also, I got this hilarious image of Exploud screaming so loud it blows itself off the field in my head.

1610155868262.png

Noivern-Mega
Type:
Flying/Dragon
Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator/Telepathy-> Piercing Screech (User's sound moves ignore natural immunities).
Stats
HP:
Attack: 70-> 85 (+15)
Defense:
80-> 95 (+15)
SpA:
97-> 122 (+25)
SpD:
80-> 95 (+15)
Speed:
123-> 153 (+30)
New Moves: +Clanging Scales

Description:
With its heightened senses, Noivern is able to oscillate its cries at a frequency which allows its sound moves to ignore type-based immunities. This precision allows it to make good use of Clanging Scales, an ideal new STAB for a sound-based Dragon (and also occasionally no-immunity Boomburst). While Mega Tyrantrum can also bypass Fairy types with its Dragon STAB, Noivern differentiates itself as a hit and run, naturally fast offensive threat as opposed to a set-up sweeper.

1610155880495.png
1610155895300.png

Toxtricity-Mega (Amped)
Type:
Electric/Poison
Ability: Plus/Punk Rock/Technician-> Ignite
Stats
HP:
Attack: 98-> 128 (+30)
Defense:
70-> 90 (+20)
SpA:
114-> 124 (+10)
SpD:
70-> 90 (+20)
Speed:
75-> 95 (+20)
New Moves: +Flamethrower

Toxtricity-Mega (Low-Key)
Ability: Minus/Punk Rock/Technician-> Refrigerate
Stats
HP:
Attack: 98-> 88 (-10)
Defense:
70-> 115 (+45)
SpA:
114-> 124 (+10)
SpD:
70-> 115 (+45)
Speed:
75-> 85 (+10)
New Moves: +Ice Punch, Slack Off

Description:
The boost of Mega Evolution presents a sharp difference in the style of the two Toxtricities: Amped's high-octane, fiery energy vs Low-Key's chill, laid back vibe. The hot and cold dynamic is most obviously present in their abilities, which allow each of them a powerful hit against a type that normally blocks at least one STAB, although in exchange for better coverage Boomburst no longer hits quite as hard as with Punk Rock (thanks to Mossy for calc-ing that). Amped takes a more offensive approach with its spread, serving as a decently fast pivot or late-game sweeper with Shift Gear, potentially even making use of physical/mixed sets, as well as getting Flamethrower as a pre-Mega representation of its fiery passion.

Low-Key, being more aloof and chill, instead goes for a more defensive spread, with the equally chill Slack Off allowing it to have sustain. You see, Toxtricity's normally meh bulk alongside the 4x EQ weakness means people often overlook that Electric/Poison has 8 resistances, including Grass, Fighting, Fairy and both halves of VoltTurn. The big defensive boosts and Slack Off are designed to specifically to leverage these respectable defensive qualities, allowing Low-Key to serve as soft defensive answer to some notable meta staples, while still hitting hard thanks to Refrigerate granting it the famous BoltBeam coverage (its chillness also lets it have Ice Punch). Thus, the two Toxtricities serve very distinct roles from each other, and each have their place in the meta.

I have incredibly creative ideas /s

toxtricity-amped (1).png

Toxtricity-Amped @ Toxtricinite
Ability: Direct Current (When this Pokemon uses a sound-based move, all opponents on the field are poisoned.)

Stats:
Attack: 121 (+23)
Defense: 80 (+10)
Special Attack: 146 (+32)
Special Defense: 80 (+10)
Speed: 100 (+25)

New moves: Hidden Power, Low Sweep (taking suggestions here)

Flavor reasoning: Literally the first thing that came to mind when I started brainstorming for Toxtricity was 'what if whenever Toxtricity struck a chord it could poison their opponent’s brains lmao'.

Competitive reasoning:
1) Physical Attacker
Toxtricity @ Toxtricinite
Ability: Direct Current
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Gunk Shot

2) Special Attacker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overdrive
- Venoshock
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

3) Potential Mixed Set
EVs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe (or etc)
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Drain Punch

First of all, let me admit that Toxtricity-Amped-Mega's best set is perhaps the one that doesn't run any sound-based moves. Shift Gear is an insane boosting move which allows Toxtricity-AM to hit a monstrous 173 base attack alongside a 222 base speed stat, allowing it to break past many physical wall.

Here are some calcs I've made:
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 320-380 (81.2 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 252-298 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 158-186 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 165-195 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 244 HP / 52 Def Gliscor: 125-147 (35.5 - 41.7%) -- 84.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Zapdos: 270-318 (70.3 - 82.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 178-210 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 285-336 (67.2 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 398-470 (110.2 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 194-230 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Swampert-Mega: 145-171 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Kommo-o: 211-249 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega: 195-229 (64.3 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable-Mega: 186-219 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon-Mega: 110-130 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel-Mega: 158-186 (43.4 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb-Mega: 133-157 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Regirock-Mega: 130-154 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable-Mega: 277-327 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gigalith-Mega: 176-208 (47 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super-Mega: 348-410 (93 - 109.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Orbeetle-Mega: 253-298 (78.5 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Toxtricity Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 306-360 (76.5 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

and here's some stuff that checks physical tox:
252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian: 93-110 (24.3 - 28.7%) -- 55.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Hippowdon: 102-120 (24.2 - 28.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Toxtricity Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 108+ Def Nidoqueen-Mega: 53-63 (13.8 - 16.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock

yea ngl this thing is fucking scary
*note that these calcs were made when toxtricity-am's had 126 atk, so the damage is slightly lessened for most of these calcs

Aside from the Pokemon listed above, I'd say Buzzwole, Zygarde, Necrozma-DM and Mudsdale also check this mon quite well.

Of course, we haven't even started on the Special Attacker set, which can threaten any special wall that attempts to switch in with the risk of being poisoned. Common switch-ins like Blissey and most Ground-types are no longer stable switch-ins, which leaves Steel and Poison types (or Pokemon with Magic Guard) due to their natural immunity from poison.

Here are more calcs
252 SpA Toxtricity Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 178-211 (24.9 - 29.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO after poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 163-193 (44.7 - 53%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Scizor-Mega: 114-135 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 181-213 (46.2 - 54.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 200-236 (52.3 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 253-298 (65.8 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 106-126 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 61.9% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon: 195-230 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Toxtricity Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable-Mega: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 248 HP / 148 SpD Regirock-Mega: 108-127 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Regice-Mega: 115-136 (38.2 - 45.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Spiritomb-Mega: 105-124 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Spiritomb: 105-124 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Dhelmise: 132-156 (40.7 - 48.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 69-82 (17 - 20.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock, Leftovers recovery, and poison damage
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Heatran: 105-124 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 73-86 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 90-107 (32 - 38%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 72 SpD Nidoqueen-Mega: 138-163 (35.9 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bastiodon-Mega: 41-49 (12.6 - 15.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Toxtricity Overdrive vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gothitelle-Mega: 100-118 (29 - 34.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Of course, there is also the fact that Toxtricity-Amped without Shift Gear is easily revenge killed by 100+ speed warriors, leaving much to be desired.

Of course, the mixed set combines the best of both worlds, but also has the cost of terrible 4MSS, with Boomburst required to slap Ground-types but having to miss out on Overdrive or Venoshock may be costly. And all the while, Nidoqueen-Mega infinitely walls all of Toxtricity-Amped's sets.

Overall, Toxtricity-Amped-Mega, like my previous Flygon-Mega entry, has very strong offensive potential, with the ability to run Special, Mixed and Physical sets, further proving that Toxtricity's wide arsenal of moves can make it unpredictable and a solid threat many teams have to watch out for.

And then there's Toxtricity-Low-Key Mega...

toxtricity-low-key.png

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Toxtricinite
Ability: Alternating Current (On switch-in, the opposing Pokemon's highest attacking stat is lowered by 1 stage.)

Stats:
Health: 75
Attack: 98
Defense: 120 (+50)
Special Attack: 114
Special Defense: 120 (+50)
Speed: 75

New moves: Hidden Power, Parabolic Charge, Parting Shot, still taking suggestions

Flavor reasoning: Toxtricity-Low-Key plays a distorting chord on switch-in that temporarily makes their opponent lose focus, causing the attacks to be weakened. Parabolic Charge has stupid accessibility while Parting Shot is a sound move that’s fitting for a rockstar like Toxtricity-Low-Key.
Also someone’s a huge AC/DC fan.

In competitive play:
Defensive Toxtricity. With new access to moves like Parabolic Charge and Parting Shot, Toxtricity is able to perform its defensive duties better, while also being able to neutralize the opposing Pokemon's offensive threat effectively, akin to Incineroar.

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Toxtricinite
Ability: Alternating Current
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Snarl
- Parabolic Charge
- Thunder Wave/Toxic

This set focuses on crippling offensive threats with the loss of their higher offensive stat and alerts them with the dangers of getting statused, further disabling their ability to attack. Snarl is there because it pretty much shuts down any special attacker intending to fire strong special moves at this monster. Here are some threats Toxtricity-Low-Key-Mega can shut down safely:
-1 252 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 76-91 (21.4 - 25.7%) -- 1.2% chance to 4HKO (17.5 - 20.6% recovered)
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 99-117 (27.9 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (12.4 - 14.6% recovered)
+1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 128-151 (36.1 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (14.4 - 17.2% recovered)
+1 0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 63-75 (17.7 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO (11 - 13.2% recovered)
-1 252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 91-108 (25.7 - 30.5%) -- 8.3% chance to 3HKO after sandstorm damage (8.1 - 9.6% recovered)
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 69-81 (19.4 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO (7.6 - 9% recovered)
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 120-144 (33.8 - 40.6%) -- approx. 3HKO (15.8 - 18.6% recovered)
+1 252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 127-150 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (23.7 - 27.9% recovered)
+1 252 Atk Kartana Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 200-236 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (16.3 - 19.2% recovered)
-1 252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 73-87 (20.6 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO (14.4 - 16.9% recovered)
-1 0 SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 117-140 (33 - 39.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO (15.8 - 18.6% recovered)
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity in Electric Terrain: 66-78 (18.6 - 22%) -- possible 5HKO (11.2 - 13.5% recovered)
-1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity in Sun: 145-172 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (24.5 - 29% recovered)
+1 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 168-198 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO (snarl does better damage)
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 130-154 (36.7 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (36.4 - 40.3% recovered)
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 88-104 (24.8 - 29.3%) -- approx. 100% chance to 4HKO (eq still kos)
-1 252+ Atk Melmetal Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 220-260 (62.1 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (assault vest set)
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity in Grassy Terrain: 86-102 (24.2 - 28.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
-1 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 156-184 (44 - 51.9%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Raichu-Mega (kanto) Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 60-72 (16.9 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO (8.4 - 9.8% recovered)
+1 252 Atk Parasect-Mega Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Jolteon-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 110-129 (31 - 36.4%) -- 65.8% chance to 3HKO
-1 252 Atk Typhlosion-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 93-111 (26.2 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Feraligatr-Mega Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 96-114 (27.1 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
-1 252+ SpA Walrein-Mega Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity in Rain: 150-177 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Luxray-Mega Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity on a critical hit: 73-86 (20.6 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
-1 252 Atk Staraptor-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 88-105 (24.8 - 29.6%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bibarel-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 153-181 (43.2 - 51.1%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO (41.5 - 42.3% recovered)
+1 252 Atk Kricketune-Mega Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 67-80 (18.9 - 22.5%) -- possible 5HKO (23.4 - 27.6% recovered)
(there is literally no way to predict Mismagius-Mega if it used a poison move btw)
-1 252 Atk Froslass-Mega Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 84-102 (23.7 - 28.8%) -- approx. 98.9% chance to 4HKO
-1 252+ Atk Conkeldurr-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 60-72 (16.9 - 20.3%) -- possible 5HKO
-1 252 Atk Archeops-Mega Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 139-165 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252 SpA Vanilluxe-Mega Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 120-142 (33.8 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage
-1 252 SpA Sawsbuck-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 58-69 (16.3 - 19.4%) -- possible 6HKO
+1 252+ Atk Klinklang-Mega Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 84-102 (23.7 - 28.8%) -- approx. 98.4% chance to 4HKO
-1 252+ SpA Eelektross-Mega Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 53-63 (14.9 - 17.7%) -- possible 6HKO
-1 252 SpA Chandelure-Mega Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 135-159 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 130-154 (36.7 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-1 252 SpA Talonflame-Mega Scorching Sands vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 180-212 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Meowstic-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 114-134 (32.2 - 37.8%) -- 93.2% chance to 3HKO
-1 252+ SpA Dragalge-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 145-172 (40.9 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

...oops.

I'm pretty sure you get the idea at this point: Toxtricity-Low-Key-Mega is a defensive monster. However, there ARE a few ways to stop this monstrosity of a Mega:
1) Ground-type moves
This, in particular, works for any setup sweeper with Swords Dance/Dragon Dance that learns Earthquake. Unlike Toxapex, Toxtricity-Low-Key doesn't have much utility other than Drain Punch to hit Ground-types, rendering it incapable of doing much other than Parting Shot to pivot. It's only healing tool, Parabolic Charge, is also invalidated by Grounds.
-1 252 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 224-268 (63.2 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 624-736 (176.2 - 207.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 396-468 (111.8 - 132.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 300-352 (84.7 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 232-280 (65.5 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 4 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 240-288 (67.7 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Swampert-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 312-372 (88.1 - 105%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Melmetal Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 328-388 (92.6 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
-1 0 Atk Nidoqueen-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 220-264 (62.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Lycanroc-Mega Drill Run vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 336-396 (94.9 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Spectrier Mud Shot vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 224-264 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (this is clearly a joke)
-1 4 Atk Flygon-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 232-276 (65.5 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Butterfree-Mega Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 364-432 (102.8 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

2) Powerful special attacks
Since Toxtricity prefers a physically defensive set, it's more prone to being hit on its weaker special defense side. Special wallbreakers/sweepers can easily take advantage of this, particularly Psychic types.
-1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 198-234 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 174-205 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 343-406 (96.8 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252 SpA Reuniclus-Mega Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 312-368 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity in Psychic Terrain: 326-386 (92 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity in Sun: 178-211 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 168-198 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Manaphy Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 280-330 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Starmie-Mega Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxtricity: 294-348 (83 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

3) Physical Psychic type attackers
+1 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 300-354 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 186-218 (52.5 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 224 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 192-228 (54.2 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 60 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxtricity: 138-164 (38.9 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

4) Stallbreakers
Gliscor with Taunt and Heatran can both shut down Toxtricity-Low-Key-Mega pretty well, removing its ability to pivot out with Parting Shot, but in Heatran's case it might not work if Toxtricity runs Volt Switch instead (which will most likely be the case since Parting Shot absolutely breaks Toxtricity-LK-Mega lmao)

5) Clear Body and Defiant

6)

...i give up
council give me the heads up to remove Parting Shot and I'll do so without questioning.
Also guys ngl Slack Off feels a bit too broken for defensive Toxtricity but that's probs just me

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

/

Ability: Soul Tempo (Upon entry, if the user is a Amped Toxtricity, the "Amplify" volatile is set. Read spoiler for details.)

Every time the user uses a sound move, damage output is increased by +0.1x until the user switches out, capping at 2x. This will reset upon switch-out.

Atk: 148 (+50)
Def: 70
SpA: 134 (+20)
SpD: 80 (+10)
Spe: 95 (+20)
New Moves: Plasma Fists, Knock Off, Howl, Work Up

/

Ability: Soul Tempo (Upon entry, if the user is a Low-Key Toxtricity, the "Mellow Out" volatile is set. Read spoiler for details.)

Every time the user uses a sound move, the opposite side's damage output is decreased by -0.2x, capping at -2x. This will reset upon the user switching out.

Atk: 98
Def: 120 (+50)
SpA: 124 (+10)
SpD: 90 (+20)
Spe: 95 (+20)
New Moves: Heal Bell, Slack Off, Roar

Reasoning
:

I am way too proud of myself for this,,,,,

Basically, Toxtricity has some really cool potential both offensively and defensively and I really want to highlight that with both of its forms being an analog of one another. I think I figured out how to do it while retaining flavor; they both have the same ability, but with different effects depending on which Toxtricity you are using. Both have analog effects of one another, and are balanced by having a more steady snowball.

Amped is really cool because it has so much potential to be a mixed attacker thanks to Boomburst's natural strength and its really cool offensive toolkit. Between the two, I opted to make this one offensive because of its natural access to Shift Gear and because it flavorfully makes sense for it to be more offensive. Using sound moves, it is able to grow increasingly stronger with whatever move it opts to use, no matter which side of the spectrum it chooses to attack from. This means that it can viably run a mixed set and take advantage of its very powerful Boomburst, while encouraging the use of its surprisingly great offensive movepool. Options such as Drain Punch, Fire Punch, Gunk Shot, and the newly added Plasma Fists and Knock Off exist for it now to take advantage of offensively. As far as sound moves go, access to Metal Sound, Boomburst, Overdrive, and the newly added Howl allow for it to grow increasingly stronger as turns pass by; although Shift Gear is generally optimal for it, it can very viably get away with running Howl if it wants to simultaneously boost and strengthen its ability. Work Up is also now an option for it if it wants to cover both bases at once too.

Low Key is defensive, to nobody's surprise. As much as we'd like it to work, sadly, as long as its other form has Shift Gear, it will be strictly outclassed. So, I opted to highlight its actually awesome defensive typing and resistances by flipping the switch. First, I gave it Heal Bell, which is a sound move that yields utility. Additionally, I gave it Slack Off because it flavorfully makes sense and because I felt it needed reliable recovery to remain a consistent force. I felt this was all it really needed, as its stats, ability, and typing really speak for themselves. It has access to things such as Noble Roar and now Roar to take advantage of its ability to consistently lower the power level of the opposing side so long as Toxtricity is on the field, and the latter is immensely helpful since it can phase the opposition and spread hazard chip damage while making Toxtricity a bit harder to take out. In a vacuum, Low Key Toxtricity is designed to be a unique Electric/Poison wall with helpful utility and even momentum to bat.

Flavor:

amped is, uh, amped, so offensive. low key is more chill so, chill vibes, lower the power

Dex Entry:

tba

/

Ability: Reverberation (Sound moves will hit 3 times at descending strengths, one for the end each passing turn (this can stack). The effect vanishes if Noivern is no longer on the field while these turns are active.)

On Use: 100% Strength
Turn 1: 1/8 Strength
Turn 2: 1/16 Strength

HP: 85
Atk: 90 (+20)
Def: 90 (+10)
SpA: 107 (+10)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 153 (+30)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Psyshock, Psychic, Eerie Spell, Metal Sound, Snarl

Reasoning
:

SHRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKSHREEEEEEEIKKSHREEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEKK

Anyway, I really wanted to toy with the idea of voice echoes, and this Noivern is always going to be dishing out its crazy sound moves in tandem with each other as long as it is on the field. A lot of sound moves have some really cool side effects with them, such as Eerie Spell, Snarl, and Metal Sound, and I felt being able to spam these options on a more liberal basis and opening up Noivern to play with its other options while not being passive would create for a really one of a kind wallbreaker, chip damage spreader, and stallbreaker. With access to options such as Whirlwind to spread around its echoing sounds, this Noivern fits best on semi stall/hazard stacking builds that want to play the long term and accumulate reliable chip damage. Obviously, 4MSS is a pretty obnoxious issue for it, but it has a lot of options to toy with and I think it has a lot of room to be interesting.

Flavor:

I opted for a Psychic-type because the impact of echoes and sound can really affect the individual's mental state and create headaches/manipulate one's psyche, plus I liked my Noivern retaining a Fighting-type resistance and not being Stealth Rock weak.

Dex Entry:

tba
:bw/exploud:

/

Ability: Seismic Scream (Upon using a sound move, an earthquake of 60 BP will then occur, using the offense that the base sound move used. If the sound move is status based, the earthquake will default to Physical.)

Atk: 101 (+10)
Def: 73 (+10)
SpA: 101 (+10)
SpD: 113 (+40)
Spe: 98 (+30)
New Moves: Clanging Scales, Dragon Pulse, Snarl

Reasoning
:

If there's one way to make a Boomburst spammer interesting, it's by doing literally anything aside from outright power boosts. The idea behind this is to exacerbate the flavor of ground-shattering sound and limit Exploud's switch-ins in a more creative way, and I think this is a pretty flavorful, effective way of doing so. Having additional Ground-type coverage to compliment Exploud's STABs come to play as it uses a sound move allows for its switch-ins to be much less effective, balanced through a low secondary BP and a less than stellar Special Attacking stat. However, to remedy this, it is fitted with a better defensive typing and actually fantastic overall bulk to find more switch-in opportunities unlike its original counterpart. Additionally, the Dragon-type also pairs very well with Seismic Scream, as Dragon/Ground coverage gives Exploud quite a bit of room to work with on non-Fairy-type targets. As an extra bonus, its ability's offensive mechanics allow for it to do some Screech shenanigans and further make this sub a fun thing to mess with outside of blatant Boomburst spam, even letting it go mixed. Lastly, It also has a pretty solid speed tier and good coverage to bat, such as access to Focus Blast and Fire Blast. The addition of Dragon Pulse is to allow it an additional Dragon-type STAB that isn't sound based, and Snarl lets it cover the new Ghost-type immunity that can deal with its Boomburst.

Although it does have pretty little utility outside of Boomburst spam, it is a pretty unique Boomburst spammer at the least!

Flavor:

One of Exploud's foreign name translations includes "dragon" in it. This was a pretty easy excuse to give it a Dragon-type, plus, it fits the ability like a glove!

Dex Entry:

tba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Noivern-Mega
Type:
Flying/Dragon
Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator/Telepathy-> Echo (This pokemon's sound hit twice at 2/3 power.)
Stats
HP:
Attack: 70-> 90 (+30)
Defense: 80 ->
SpA: 97-> 127 (+30)
SpD: 80-> 90 (+10)
Speed: 123 -> 153 (+30)
New Moves: I could give it Metal Sound, but having the opponent's SpD lowered 4 stages seems a bit overkill.
Description: I feel like a physical might be pretty strong, with Screech lowering defense 4 stages instead of two. Bburst is surprisingly... not that strong? It only is 160 BP, and not stabed...

Toxtricity-Mega (Low Key)
Type:
Electric/Poison
Ability: Minus/Punk Rock/Technician-> Thunderous Beast (Liquid Voice Clone: This pokemon's sound attacks become electric type)
Stats
HP:
Attack: 98->
Defense: 70-> 85 (+15)
SpA: 114-> 129 (+15)
SpD: 70-> 110 (+40)
Speed: 75-> 105 (+30)
New Moves
Toxtricity-Mega (Amped)
Type:
Electric/Poison
Ability: Plus/Punk Rock/Technician-> Toxic Rampage (When this pokemon uses a poison type move, it goes "Beserk", and is locked into the move, but is guarantied to poison pokemon with poison type moves, and poison moves have their power increased by 1.25.
Stats
HP:
Attack: 98->
Defense: 70-> 95 (+25)
SpA: 114-> 134 (+20)
SpD: 70-> 90 (+20)
Speed: 75-> 110 (+35)
New Moves:

:ss/exploud:
Exploud
Type:
Typeless (Like early curse)
Ability: Soundproof/Scrappy-> Pure Noise (This pokemon does 1.5 damage with sound moves, and takes half damage from them.
Stats:
Attack: 91
Defense: 63 -> 73 (+10)
SpA: 91 -> 131 (+40)
SpD: 73 -> 93 (+20)
Speed: 68 -> 98 (+30)
New Moves: Every single sound based move. Not just the attacks, but the status ones too.
Description: I'm not allowed to make a sound type, so...

Last edited:
hlelo! (i love this slate and all sound based mons are the best :D thanks for doing this slate can't wait to see the awesome submissions we may get!)

Mega Exploud

Ability - Soundproof; Scrappy ➝ Motivic Development (Motivic Development boosts the power of sound-based moves used consecutively by the user by 20%, up to a maximum increase of 100%.)
HP - 104 ➝ 104
Atk
- 91 ➝ 108 (+17)
Def - 63 ➝ 108 (+45)
SpA - 91 ➝ 135 (+44)
SpD - 73 ➝ 81 (+8)
Spe - 68 ➝ 54 (-14)
BST - 502 ➝ 602 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - Steel Beam
Competitive Corner - While quite a bit weaker than Choice Specs Exploud initially, Mega Exploud packs quite a punch, and came make its Boombursts stronger with Motivic Development. The added Steel-typing and bulk help it tank more hits given its lower speed.
Flavor Corner - Exploud are based on pipe organs, which commonly have parts made of Steel, hence the new typing. Its ability is a little play on words between two of the many possible interpretations of strong. A "strong" melody, is a well developed one, something you can do with Motivic Development, which is making your motifs more complex and expanding them as the song goes on. The other interpretation of "strong" is that the attacks just plain hit harder, which is why this ability gives a Metronome boost to sound-based moves! "Why Motivic Development, though?" — You may ask — well, given that Exploud is based on the organ, and the Motivic Development is a driving force of classical music (which used organs, among other instruments) I just thought it'd be quite fitting. If Exploud is an organ that can play itself, I imagine it would play classical music as that's what most organs player for most of their life, but even then, Motivic Development is a thing on many different areas of music, mostly because repetition is a key part of music, and, repetition legitimizes, repetition legitimizes, repetition legitimizes, repetition legitimizes...

Mega Noivern

Ability - Frisk, Infiltrator; Telepathy ➝ Echolocation (Flying-type moves used by the user become Sound-based. Sound-based moves from the user prevents foes from fleeing or switching out as long as the user remains in battle.)
HP - 85 ➝ 85
Atk
- 70 ➝ 77 (+7)
Def - 80 ➝ 88 (+8)
SpA - 97 ➝ 132 (+35)
SpD - 80 ➝ 99 (+19)
Spe - 123 ➝ 154 (+31)
BST - 535 ➝ 635 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - Snarl
Competitive Corner - Boomburst and Hurricane now have the ability to trap foes, guaranteeing the gain of momentum with a fast U-turn (or even a hard switch). E.g., you Hurricane as Clefable comes in, now you can safely U-turn into a breaker of yours that takes advantage of Clefable, instead of having to risk your opponent switching out into a Pokémon that would put you on a poor position no matter what you U-turned into. That aside, Mega Noivern just boasts a strong typing with great coverage and powerful offensive stats and a solid bulk, nothing groundbreaking, but hard to go wrong with it.
Flavor Corner - For those unaware, bats use Echolocation by emitting high frequency waves and tracking their return to spot prey and navigate through dark caves, making the second part of Mega Noivern's ability clear. The first part, however, is a little less intuitive. While most bats do have some form of emiting sound that can be echolocated, fruit bats tend to lack that ability, but they can pick up sound reflected from their wings flapping, hence, for Mega Noivern, Flying-type moves will create a sound and allow it to track its foe as well! The rest should be pretty self explanatory.

Mega Toxtricity-Amped

Ability - Punk Rock, Plus; Technician ➝ Punk Guitar (If a Pokémon with Punk Guitar executes its move before all other Pokémon have made their move, the power of its sound-based moves are increased by 50%.)
HP - 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 98 ➝ 102 (+4)
Def - 70 ➝ 85 (+15)
SpA - 114 ➝ 153 (+39)
SpD - 70 ➝ 85 (+15)
SpD - 75 ➝ 102 (+27)
BST - 502 ➝ 602 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - Flamethrower
Competitive Corner - This is very similar to vanilla Toxtricity, but it trades some power with consistency and a lot more speed, the added bulk eases setting up, and while it's marginally weaker than a Throat Spray vanilla Toxtricity, it can afford to click Boomburst or Overdrive once or twice before setting up without fearing to consume its Throat Spray. The added speed should also give it a little bit of an edge.
Flavor Corner - Toxtricity-Amped is inspired on electric guitar, hence the "Punk Guitar" ability, it's a bit faster than its Low-Key counterpart but trades some bulk and power for that. Flamethrower is given as coverage for being evocative of the "lit" metaphor that rock and electronic genres enjoy, while it can still be believable a weird looking lizard like this can spit fire.

Mega Toxtricity-Low-Key

Ability - Punk Rock, Minus; Technician ➝ Punk Bass (If a Pokémon with Punk Bass executes its move after all other Pokémon have made their move, the power of its sound-based moves are increased by 50%.)
HP - 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 98 ➝ 102 (+4)
Def - 70 ➝ 102 (+32)
SpA - 114 ➝ 153 (+39)
SpD - 70 ➝ 102 (+32)
Spe - 75 ➝ 68 (-7)
BST - 502 ➝ 602 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - Flamethrower
Competitive Corner - This one takes the more "hit slow but hard" approach that you would see with Choice Specs set on a vanilla Toxtricity, the high power and reasonable bulk are supposed to force switches, which can be taken advantage of with its ability! Choice Specs does hit about as hard as this fella, but the tradeout is more about freedom to switch up moves and much improved bulk at expense of speed.
Flavor Corner - Toxtricity-Low-Key is inspired on electric bass, hence the "Punk Bass" ability, it's a bit stronger and bulkier than its Low-Key counterpart but trades some speed for that. Flamethrower is given as coverage for being evocative of the "lit" metaphor that rock and electronic genres enjoy, while it can still be believable a weird looking lizard like this can spit fire.

Last edited:
So, uh, Noivern
Time for Episode 2 of ShinGen Removes the Dragon Typing from a Pokemon.

noivern.png

Noivern @ Noivernite
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Midnight Winds (on switch in, Tailwind begins for the ally’s side.)

Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 115 (+45)
Defense: 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 105 (+8)
Special Defense: 95 (+15)
Speed: 140 (+17)

New moves: Hone Claws, Foul Play, Night Slash, Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray

Flavor reasoning: Honestly, I just wanted ONE of my entries to differ from sound-based abilities/reliance, so Noivern was my best shot. The main reason why Noivern’s type was changed to Dark was to compliment all the Dex entries which emphasize how fearsome Noivern is in the dark. With its Mega Evolution, the ultrasonic waves do something (i think) scientifically impossible: create strong slipstreams which drastically improves its ally’s speeds for a few turns or so.

In competitive play:

Noivern @ Noivernite
Ability: Midnight Winds
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Support Noivern. With innate Tailwind and access to U-Turn, Noivern can provide free speed setup for slow wallbreakers like Magearna and Glastrier to do their thing better, while also being able to clear hazards to prevent unnecessary chip damage. Noivern also has great coverage and solid offensive stats on its own so that it isn’t just some free Tailwind machine, with solid STAB moves in Hurricane, Dark Pulse and strong moves like Draco Meteor and Boomburst. It can also utilize its solid attack stat to mix up its approach, with Night Slash being a solid STAB physical Dark move, while Dual Wingbeat despite being a niche, is still good to break subs/hit the things it checks effectively.

Alright, my first try, so here goes.
Starting things off with a loud bang, we have:

:ss/exploud:

Exploud-Mega @ Exploudite
Type
: Normal
Ability: Boombox (If this Pokemon uses a sound move, it is locked into it for 2 to 3 turns. Sound moves used by this Pokemon during this period have a x1.2 BP boost. Sound moves used by any other Pokemon during this period will fail.)

Stats:
HP:
104 (+0)
ATK: 91 (+0)
DEF: 103 (+40)
SPA: 121 (+30)
SPD: 103 (+30)
SPE: 68 (+0)

New Moves: Overdrive

Why this Idea?
Exploud by itself is known to be a loud pokemon- literally. However, this can take its explosive sound to a new level; by gaining an inbuilt boombox type speaker that can unleash even more devastating waves.

Is this usable in meta?
Exploud-Mega isnt one of the bulkiest mons out here, however its fairly specially defensive. Its mono-normal typing semi-shields it from multi type weaknesses.
With a moderate boost to its Def., Sp.Atk., and Sp.Def.; and paired with its ability, it can easily be a devastating game changing glass cannon with Boomburst.

Example Sets:

Ability: Boombox (Base: Scrappy)
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Nature: Modest
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Fireblast
- Surf

POV you are using it:
This is the familiar set which randbats Exploud already has, with the slight tweak of Focus Blast being replaced by Overdrive.
However, this simple change can make Exploud a better wallbreaker, as it can now deal considerable damage to hazard walls like Skarmory and Toxapex, and even bulky attackers like Corviknight.
Its Boomburst gives it a neat STAB along with the ability, making it a whopping 252 BP move, which can even destroy the more fragile Rock and Steel types.
You can also somewhat chip up against Rock and Steel types with Surf and Fireblast.

POV you are up against it:
Exploud-Mega can be devastating if its sound moves are not resisted. The no brainer move is to swap out with either a Ghost or Ground type once its locked or by prediction. Wrong prediction can lead to taking severe damage, so be careful
Its slow. A strong Fighting type thats faster than it and hits hard can defeat it if executed properly.
Using a U-Turn regenerator Pokemon to exploit movelock seems nice as well.
Steel and Rock types with great special defense and not weak to electric can withstand the sound moves once locked. You can use it to your advantage.

Ability: Boombox (Base: Scrappy)
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Rest
- Snore
- Substitute
- Overdrive

POV you are using it:
A set which probably wont do much, but still just a thought I'm putting out here.
Here, Exploud-Mega fills as a Special Bulk. Snore becomes a decent 90 BP from STAB and ability boost, and allows it to repeat Rest and continue
dealing decent damage without wasting any moves sleeping.

Faster Physical or Fighting Pokemon can still demolish this set as well, as long as they hit hard.
Its a painful set to come up against if your fighting and physical pokemon are out of steam.
However, you can counter wall it with Specially Defensive/ Bulky Recovery Pokemon, since the only coverage it has is Snore and Overdrive. A Pokemon well resisting both can easily stall it out. Plus, if your Focus Blast actually lands…

----
The deafening noise reverbated back, possibly even stronger, for the next Pokemon to arrive is:

Noivern-Mega @ Noivernite
Type:
Flying/Dragon
Ability: Echolation (After another Pokemon uses a sound move, this Pokemon uses this same move)

Stats:
HP: 85 (+0)
ATK: 70 (+0)
DEF: 95 (+15)
SPA: 137 (+40)
SPD: 95 (+15)
SPE: 153 (+30)

New Moves: Parting Shot

Why this Idea?
Noivern is based on a bat, and bats use echoloclation to 'see' so as to speak. However, the process of their 'sight' completes when the sound transmission is two way,
which inspired the ability (albeit the direction is vice versa).

Is this usable in meta?
In singles? Its your placeholder superfast special sweeper, which might be replacable since sound moves arent aplenty in singles. It still is a fast sweeper or chip damage dealer nonetheless.
In doubles, however its ability can be exploited to full potential with commonplace moves like Snarl and Parting Shot. Opponents parting shots can be reflected back at the newly sent mon with possibly a sneaky ally switch,
or you can have its ally use Parting Shot to doubly debuff a mon. Similarly, debuffs galore whenever your ally or opponents use Snarl. Perfect ally for a fellow special attacker.

Example Sets:

Ability: Echolation (Base: Infiltrator)
Nature: Timid
- Flamethrower/Focus Blast
- Draco Meteor/Boomburst
- Parting Shot
- Air Slash/Dragon Pulse

POV: You are using it:
Having a better stat spread and already great movepool makes Noivern-Mega a higher threat than before- even with the regular sets. Its sufficient coverage can act as a good sweeper, and if things get dicey, it can switch out with parting shot, debuffing the opponent before return, which might allow you to safely deploy a Wish healer or such. Its ability to get Flamethrower/Focus Blast leaves it capable of fending off several Steel types on its own. Its also a bit more bulkier and can survive a few non Ice super effective attacks and switch out this way, plus it has a higher survival rate against non banded ice shards.

POV: You are up against it:
Its fast and its hard hitting. What its not, is that bulky. A bulky Steel or Rock type Pokemon can easily wall off its attacks and counter-attack easily. Ice attacks still demolish it easily. Not using sound moves is a given, and will render it Ability-less (in terms of its effects).

Ability: Echolation (Base: Frisk)
Nature: Timid
- Protect
- Air Slash/Flamethrower
- U-Turn
- Boomburst/Draco Meteor

POV: You are using it:
Looks like your usual Doubles Moveset- it is, but the ability does the work here! As mentioned in the set title, its a support, but can also take out Pokemon that survive with low health just as easily, not to mention it has its own Special Attack to boast of. Paired with an ally that has access to Snarl can drastically turn tides of opposing special attackers, not to mention Parting Shot which can do the same. It can also do some chip damage heading out of danger with U-Turn. Using Protect will still allow it to copy sound moves used in battle, which is a great advantage. Triple Boomburst can totally destroy fragile Pokemon.

POV: You are up against it:
As mentioned before, Ice moves still prove to be extremely effective against Noivern-Mega. Here, working around by not using sound moves won’t work much, as the ally itself can use sound based moves, while Noivern can hide behind Protect. Cancelling their usage of sound based moves by Throat Chop, or using mons with Neutralizing Gas/Soundproof/ Clear Body are the best way out. The threat can be neutralised by using Bulky Pokemon/ Priority moves/ Trick Room. All in all, Noivern Mega still remains quad weak to ice and any strong Ice Stab moves are almost guaranteed to be at max 2HKO.

------
Finally, we get to see the face-off between two personalities:

Toxtricity-Amped-Mega @ ToxAmpedite
Type:
Electric/Poison
Ability: Rock Concert (On using a sound move, this Pokemon has a 30% chance to get +1 stage in crit ratio. Its Physical STAB moves are now sound moves.)

Stats:
HP:
75 (+0)
ATK: 140 (+42)
DEF: 100 (+30)
SPA: 114 (+0)
SPD: 70 (+0)
SPE: 103 (+28)

New Moves: Ice Punch

Why this idea?
Out of the two forms, Amped up form seems more likely to be wild and lax, often going reckless, which is why it gets the poison type counterpart of the ability. Its carefree and 'chill' attitude is mostly the reason I gave it Ice Punch (n-not as if for coverage against Ground or something ; ;)

Is this usable in meta?
Toxtricity-Amped-Mega has an Attack oreinted stat spread with decent Sp.Atk and moderate Speed, which makes it a good mixed offense Pokemon.

Example Set:

Toxtricity-Mega-Amped @ ToxAmpedite
Ability: Rock Concert (Base: Punk Rock)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Nature: Hasty
- Shift Gear
- Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Overdrive

POV you are using it:
This set focuses on mixed offense while being a bit bulky on the special side, and maintaining moderately fair speed. Toxtricty-Amped relies mainly on its Atk. Stat to dish out damage with Gunk Shot, while it can handle moderate Ground type threats with Ice Punch. While its SpA. stat isnt too high, it can still do pretty decent with the STAB and Ability powered Overdrive.

Toxtricity-Amped can still hit hard without its setups, however Ice Punch wont create that much impact at that stage. It can be easy to knock it out swiftly with a Ground move. The gaping special defenses provide much room for strong Psychic types to demolish it. Steel type Pokemon can somewhat halt its progress as well, provided they arent weak to Electric type.

------

Toxtricity-Low-Key-Mega @ ToxLowKeynite
Type:
Electric/Poison
Ability: Punk Concert (On using a sound move, this Pokemon has a 30% chance to get +1 stage in crit ratio. Its Special STAB moves are now sound moves.)

Stats:
HP:
75 (+0)
ATK: 98 (+0)
DEF: 70 (+0)
SPA: 140 (+26)
SPD: 100 (+30)
SPE: 119 (+44)

New Moves: Shadow Ball

Why this idea?
Toxtricity Low Key is the calmer form out of the two, would rather devise sneaky and smart tactics rather than go in reckless.

Is this usable in meta?
Toxtricity Low Key is mostly specially oriented, with its moderate Atk.Stat. While it shares the same moderate speed, it has a higher Special Attack stat, which can help as a semi bulky special offense.

Example Set:

Toxtricity-Mega-Low-Key @ ToxLowKeynite
Ability: Punk Concert (Base: Punk Rock)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Nature: Modest
- Snarl
- Shadow Ball/Rising Voltage
- Boomburst
- Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb

POV you are using it:
This is a full-special offense set, which attempts to be a special semi bulk sweeper. Ground Pokemon can receive serious damage from Boomburst if there is no option left. STAB Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb allow Toxtricity to perform decently as well, while Shadow Ball and Snarl can damage the Psychic types. Snarl can also lower opposing Special attack, thus making it even more specially impenetrable. Rising Voltage can be immensely effective if a terrain was set up before hand, or in doubles with a terrain setter.

Thanks to the quad weakness, Ground types can sweep it with ease; but Ground types are still vulnerable to Boomburst. Steel types are a great switch in this case, as Steel is immune to one of the STAB and resists Boomburst, leaving not many options for it in case it had Sludge Bomb. Physical attackers can also chip away at Toxtricity with ease, taking advantage of its subpar defenses.

That's All for this slate~
(Unless I get told of some mandatory changes kekw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)