ez mega tierlist of design

bee to S, medicham to the depths of F-, megatoise to D

not that this matters since you proved that your opinion was invalid the moment you put msab in F

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There are a lot of very questionable placements in the OP, so I made one of my own and made a point of justifying placements instead of just lumping stuff under meaningless letters and leaving it at that.

Pokémon are listed alphabetically within tiers. Tiers that share a colour are on roughly the same level as each other.
Screenshot_2021-01-24 Create a Mega Pokémon Tier List(1).png

There are a lot of very questionable placements in the OP, so I made one of my own and made a point of justifying placements instead of just lumping stuff under meaningless letters and leaving it at that.

Pokémon are listed alphabetically within tiers. Tiers that share a colour are on roughly the same level as each other.
What compelled you to ruin my day mere hours after it started

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In hindsight, I should've probably put Swampert in the lowest tier, bc while it's how I'd expect a pumped up Swampert to look, it does also kinda undermine the base forme's sorta rugged appeal.
What compelled you to ruin my day mere hours after it started
Which placements in particular do you disagree with? And what about them do you disagree with?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i did what martin did but i committed more game
my-image-21.png

Ordered within tiers. Some tiers have same color, and the higher tier of those isn't necessarily better, because I think "add new appeal" and "keep base appeal" can have similar design goodness. For example, to get my ordered top 10 you'd have to criscross between the top two tiers: Diancie, Audino, Slowbro, Banette, Ampharos, Mewtwo Y, Beedrill, Charizard X, Rayquaza, Sableye.

One difference I noticed between mine and Martin's thought process is whether a mon "adds" or "progresses the base design". I don't see megas like Altaria and Gardevoir as "design progression" because they change how I think about the mon. To me, Mega Altaria gives Altaria a sense of imposingness, and Mega Gardevoir gives it a sense of formality.

Another difference I noticed was my idea of "successful progression" seemed to have slightly more focus on a sense of differentiation?, which could be why I ranked megas like Medicham a bit lower and Gengar higher. Even though Mega Gengar doesn't really change how I think about the mon (it's not "additive"), I think its color gradient and third eye add to Gengar by making its already good attributes even better.

Interesting stuff. If someone wants me to explain x placements I can probably do that.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why do you people like mega slowbro, its lazy
How can you call Mega Slowbro lazy and put Scizor (base mon with... slight color change?), Manectric (base mon + fur spikes), and Absol (base mon + wings) in the A and S ranks?

Mega Slowbro isn't "base mon + an extra or changed feature stuck onto the base form" like the ones I mention and others like Gardevoir, Heracross, and Aerodactyl. It's "base mon that repurposes an original design feature for a new concept", kinda like Kangaskhan.

Slowbro isn't "base mon + a bigger shell", it's "base mon but now it's hiding inside a shell fortress". Kangaskhan isn't "base mon + another baby", it's "base mon but now it fights alongside the baby as a mother-child pair"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)