Pokémon GO

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm curious machamp getting payback so it can at least fight back against psychic and ghosts as a second move, been using rock slide to hit flying types at least, got a hundo lucky ready to evolve on community day though also have a powered up shadow machamp as well. to fully power up a shadow may require 360 xl candy which seems tediously hard to do though I'm still grinding through level 44 on main account with all those team rocket grunt and executives to face while depending on balloons and not using coins towards rocket radars.

My main account is also too low on coins and out of remote passes while trying to earn coins the hard way and slowly increasing my pokemon storage space as I'm sure I'll need it.

Next week for hoenn I'm looking forward to the 3 remote passes and metagross can learn the legacy meteor mash when evolving though I'll likely save my remote passes for the following week when a surprise pokemon appears maybe it's black or white kyurem or xerneas or yveltal we'll see.

My main account is also too low on coins and out of remote passes while trying to earn coins the hard way and slowly increasing my pokemon storage space as I'm sure I'll need it.
Too true
Finally managed to grab a gym in two weeks and dump 600 berries to finally clear out my bag space. The satisfaction is immense!

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Very, very much hoping for the legendary beasts in raids for Johto Celebration event. We've literally just had Ho-oh so I can't imagine it being that, and Lugia was fairly recent too.

And by god, I want a shiny Suicune...

Expert Evan

For johto I'll be glad to evolve my shadow larvitar so it gets smack down. i hope the legendary raids give us the dogs instead of the birds which i render useless in raids.

These collections as of lately are a pain to complete which will require me to venture out and see if my nearby 2 pokestops would give me a plusle, already got minum and completed a 1 star raid to get a bagon.

once again I'm out of remote passes as i used them for groudon and kyogre raids and managed to use a regular pass for a kyogre raid necessary to get to rayquaza which had subpar IVs

Please give us more remote passes again for the johto event.

For johto I'll be glad to evolve my shadow larvitar so it gets smack down. i hope the legendary raids give us the dogs instead of the birds which i render useless in raids.

These collections as of lately are a pain to complete which will require me to venture out and see if my nearby 2 pokestops would give me a plusle, already got minum and completed a 1 star raid to get a bagon.

once again I'm out of remote passes as i used them for groudon and kyogre raids and managed to use a regular pass for a kyogre raid necessary to get to rayquaza which had subpar IVs

Please give us more remote passes again for the johto event.
Reportedly plusle and minun (and bagon) are among the incense spawns for the mareep incense day on the 24th, so that is also a possibility for finishing the challenge.

February events and Team GO Rocket event announced.

February events
  • Snorlax in Research Breakthrough
  • Raids
    • Entei from January 16th to January 31st (I think it might be 26th?)
    • Raikou from January 31st to February 4th
    • Suicune from February 4th to February 9th
    • Latias and Latios from February 9th to February 20th
    • Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo from February 20th to March 1st
    • Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom from January 19th to February 9th
    • Mega Pidgeot, Mega Ampharos, and surprise Mega from February 9th to February 20th
    • Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Blastoise from February 20th to March 1st
    • Raid Hour every Wednesday at 6pm local time featuring the above Pokemon
  • Spotlight Hours (every Tuesday at 6pm local time)
    • Febuary 2nd: Ekans; 2x evolution XP
    • February 9th: Miltank; 2x catch Stardust
    • February 16th: Luvdisc; 2x catch XP
    • February 23rd: Pikachu; 2x catch Candy
  • Team GO Rocket with new Shadow Pokémon
  • Roselia Community Day on February 7th (previously announced)
  • Lunar New Year event from February 9th to February 14th featuring special Mega Pokémon
  • Valentine's Day-themed Love Cup in GO Battle League
  • Weekly 1 PokéCoin bundles
    • February 1st: 20 Poké Balls, 1 Remote Raid Pass, and 1 Rocket Radar
    • February 8th: 8 Incense, 16 Razz Berries, and 10 Pinap Berries
    • February 15th: 1 Remote Raid Pass, 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and 5 Ultra Balls
    • February 22nd: 20 Poké Balls, 1 Remote Raid Pass, 5 Incense
  • QoL updates
    • Image gallery in PokéStops and Gyms
    • Social share feature
    • Bulk transfer Legendary and Mythical Pokémon

Team GO Rocket event
  • February 2nd to February 7th
  • Shadow Swinub, Nosepass, Aron, Spheal, Lileep, Anorith, and more
  • Grunts will have different teams during and after the event
  • Chance at Team GO Rocket Leader stickers after defeating them
  • Golbat, Koffing, Ariados, Qwilfish, Sneasel, Houndour, Nuzleaf, Stunky, Skorupi, and Venipede to be more common in the wild
  • Qwilfish, Larvitar, Corphish, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino will hatch from Strange Eggs during and after the event
  • Raids
    • ★1: Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Gligar, Sneasel, Shinx, Klink
    • ★3: Nidoqueen, Ariados, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Absol
    • ★5: Raikou, Suicune (see February event)
    • Mega: Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Houndoom
  • Event-exclusive Field and Timed Researches
  • Team GO Rocket-themed Timed Research will reward Ho-Oh that knows Earthquake
  • More invaded PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons
  • Half egg hatch distance

QuentinQuonce

Random question but I haven't been able to find the answer. Does the mega evo boost in raids stack? So, if I'm doing a raid using a regular non-Mega Electric type and my two friends are both using Mega Ampharos, do I get the effect from both of them or is the boost only applied once?

Valentine's event announced

Rundown
  • February 14th, 1pm to February 18th, 8pm local time
  • Munna and Musharna debut, evolution requires Unova Stone
  • Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Munna will be more common in the wild
  • Evolving Kirlia will result in a Gardevoir or Gallade that knows Synchronoise
  • 5km eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Luvdisc, Munna, Woobat, and Cottonee
  • Raids
    • ★1 raids: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Feebas, Munna, and Espurr
    • ★3 raids: Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Alomomola
    • ★5 raids: Latias and Latios
    • Mega Raids: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos
  • Field Research rewards include Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda with heart pattern, Alomomola, and more
  • Valentine's themed Collection Challenge rewards 5 Silver Pinap Berries, 1 Lucky Egg, 1 Incubator
  • One-time bundle that includes 3 Remote Raid Passes
  • Exclusive stickers
  • Munna avatar items

Pokémon GO Valentine’s Day celebration 2021

Trainers,

Love is in the air! Our annual Valentine’s Day event is back.

Date + Time

Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Thursday, February 18, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time

Features
  • Munna and Musharna will be making their Pokémon GO debut! Munna will be appearing in the wild. Use a Unova Stone to evolve Munna into Musharna!
  • The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Munna, and more. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Feebas!
  • Evolve Kirlia during the event to get a Gardevoir or a Gallade that knows Synchronoise!
  • The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Luvdisc, Munna, Woobat, and Cottonee.
  • The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
    • One-star raids: Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Feebas, Munna, and Espurr.
    • Three-star raids: Togetic, Espeon, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Alomomola.
    • Five-star raids: Latias and Latios
    • Mega Raids: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Gyarados, and Mega Ampharos.
  • Complete event-exclusive Field Research to encounter Pokémon like Ralts, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda with a heart pattern, and Alomomola, as well as earn other rewards.
  • Complete the Valentine’s Day–themed Collection Challenge during the event by collecting Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Latias, Latios, and Alomomola to receive five Silver Pinap Berries, a Lucky Egg, and an Egg Incubator. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
  • During the event, you can pick up a free one-time bundle in the shop featuring three Remote Raid Passes.
  • Event-exclusive stickers will be available from Gifts. Be sure to get them while you can!
  • New Munna-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop during and after this event.
Bonuses
  • Increased chance to become Lucky Friends with your friends
  • Increased chance that Pokémon you trade become Lucky Pokémon
  • Trade range increased to 40 km
  • Increased chance of receiving Berries from Gifts
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto details announced.

Rundown
  • Special Research rewards shiny Ditto
  • Completion of Special Research unlocks Masterwork Research that rewards shiny Mew. Some tasks for this research include:
    • Reach level 40
    • Catch 30 Pokémon of each type
    • Spin 151 unique PokéStops
    • Walk 151km
  • Kanto Collection Challenges
  • Location-themed encounters that change by the hour

Are you ready for Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto? Learn more about what to expect from the event!

Trainers,

As Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto approaches, we’re excited to share more details of what to expect during this epic celebration of the Kanto region! You have until Saturday, February 20, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. local time to purchase a ticket, so be sure to do so if you want to take part in this one-of-a-kind event!

Complete the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research to unlock Masterwork Research—and a chance to encounter Shiny Mew!

Work alongside Professor Willow in Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto’s Special Research story, where you’ll learn more about the Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region, practice your Trainer skills, and come across some clues related to a mysterious Pokémon. At the end of the Special Research, you’ll encounter a Shiny Ditto!

After completing the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research, you’ll unlock a new kind of research called Masterwork Research, which will take determination and skill to complete. Just completing the first page will require that you receive your platinum Kanto medal. From there, you’ll have to reach level 40, catch 30 Pokémon of each type, spin 151 unique PokéStops, walk 151 km, and more—an incredibly special encounter with Shiny Mew lies at the end of this adventure!

Ten Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Collection Challenges to enjoy

You’ll be able to complete 10 Collection Challenges during Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto! Half of these collections are based on how you’ll find and collect the Pokémon during the event.
  • Red (Trade) or Red (Incense)
  • Green (Trade) or Green (Incense)
  • Raid
  • Research
  • Evolve
How you complete the Red and Green Collection Challenges will depend on your version. For example, if you’re playing the Red Version, all Pokémon in the Red Collection Challenge will be attracted to Incense during the event, but you’ll need to trade with a friend in order to complete the Green Collection Challenge. Learn more about the version differences here.

The other Collection Challenges are inspired by locations from the original games!
  • Pallet Town
  • Pewter City
  • Cerulean City
  • Fuchsia City
  • Pokémon League
All these Collection Challenges will be available until Sunday, February 28, 2021, at 7:59 p.m in your local time zone. Please note that Pokémon hatched from Eggs and Shadow Pokémon rescued from Team GO Rocket will not count toward your Collection Challenges.

Event schedule

The event will be divided into five different location-themed hour blocks, during which Pokémon from the corresponding Collection Challenge will be appearing in the wild! Each location’s hour block will happen twice during the event. The last two hours of the event will include all Pokémon from the prior hours—this will be a great chance to look for any Pokémon you missed earlier in the day! All times are local time.
  • 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Pallet Town
  • 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Pewter City
  • 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
  • 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
  • 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Pokémon League
  • 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Pallet Town
  • 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Pewter City
  • 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
  • 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
  • 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Pokémon League
  • 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Pokémon from all previous hours
Each hour will feature music inspired by the original game, curated by none other than Pokémon’s original soundtrack composer, Junichi Masuda! Don’t forget to turn up your audio to relive the magic of the original games.

We can’t wait to celebrate the Kanto region with you, Trainers. Let’s GO!

Please be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokémon GO and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change. Be sure to follow us on social media, opt in to receiving push notifications, and subscribe to our emails to stay updated. For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check this help center article.

—The Pokémon GO team

Normally this wouldn’t be very well-received, but considering it’s recent release I think people wouldn’t mind as much
Looks like I can finally get a Talonflame for my Pokédex (hopefully)!

Hard to see what kind of good PVP move Talonflame could get.. Incinerate + Flame Charge is already quite common..but on the other hand, Talonflame doesn't learn Gust or Wing Attack. It also doesn't learn Feather Dance which was introduced in the code a few updates ago so I don't think it will got that which seems to lead us to a Charged Move for Talonflame. Maybe Overheat ? That's the best thing I could see for now.

Well well well, I was right !

March Community Day’s featured Pokémon will be Fletchling!

The featured Pokémon for March Community Day will be Fletchling, the Tiny Robin Pokémon!

Date + Time

Saturday, March 6, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time

Features
- Fletchling will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Fletchinder (the evolved form of Fletchling) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Talonflame that knows Incinerate. :Fire_type:
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Lucky Eggs, a Poffin, and an Elite Fast TM.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Fletchling Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, The Bravest Bird

Bonuses
• 3× Catch XP
• Incense activated during the event will last for three hours

Link : https://pokemongolive.com/post/communityday-mar21/

Expert Evan

Weird that evolving Talonflame on Community Day shall give it incinerate. From my VGC days I've used Talonflame for its Gale Wings ability which made flying moves go first including setting up Tailwind among things. I read that i'll be improved for PvP purposes which give it a different mindset.

I also read that next week's 1 coin bundle will now give 3 remote passes instead of just 1 as my main account has been lacking in coins and remote passes so don't take it offensively if I haven't been accepting invites to raids lately so you know. I'm looking forward to Mewtwo in raids even though I already have a lucky 95% shiny with psystrike at least.

Weird that evolving Talonflame on Community Day shall give it incinerate. From my VGC days I've used Talonflame for its Gale Wings ability which made flying moves go first including setting up Tailwind among things. I read that i'll be improved for PvP purposes which give it a different mindset.

I also read that next week's 1 coin bundle will now give 3 remote passes instead of just 1 as my main account has been lacking in coins and remote passes so don't take it offensively if I haven't been accepting invites to raids lately so you know. I'm looking forward to Mewtwo in raids even though I already have a lucky 95% shiny with psystrike at least.
Yeah in Pokémon GO, strategy is quite different than VGC / 6v6 Smogon. Incinerate is a fast move quite slow but which provides massive damages and energy gain which allows Talonflame to abuse charged moves. Incinerate provides 20 energy per use which is great considering its charges moves are Flame Charge and Brave Bird (50 energy and 55 energy). Flame Charge also raises user attack by one stage each time it's used which makes Incinerate even more powerful. It's unfortunate that we're getting another Incinerate + Flame Charge Pokemon (considering we already have things like Chandelure or Rapidash) but on the other hand, it was kinda tough to provide a good Flying-type move ton Talonflame because there isn't something great in the current pool of Flying-types moves (outside of Brave Bird which Talonflame has already).

Season of Legends coming soon!

Rundown
  • Runs from March 1st, 8am to June 1st, 10am local time
  • Therian Forme Tornadus, Thundurs, and Landorus to debut, other new legendary Pokémon TBA
  • Mega Raid lineup changes, including new Pokémon debuting
  • Different wild Pokémon
    • Northern hemisphere: Tangela, Combee, Croagunk, Ducklett, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Spring Form Deerling, Scyther, Dratini, Cottonee
    • Southern hemisphere: Mankey, Yanma, Buizel, Woobat, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Pineco, Bagon, Ferroseed, Autumn Form Deerling
  • Different egg Pokémon
    • 2km: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Budew
    • 5km: Drowzee, Azurill, Munna
    • 10km: Nincada, Alomomola
  • Exclusive special research that rewards Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus candy among others
  • Bonuses: increased ★5 raid XP, free Remote Raid Passes

Expert Evan

Months ago when remote raiding started, I was able to connect to the showdown channel and participate with raids or hosting raids but when I tried to go back in, since I could only use how my email address came across, I couldn't seem to get in since it said my username contained a banned word. Anyways, I'm about to become Best Friends with Amalunala and not sure how else to coordinate a lucky egg if possible.

QuentinQuonce

My friend who doesn't have a local raid group and only does legendary raids once in a blue moon when I invite her just sent me this and once again I feel a deep pang of sympathy for rural players

I know the special research doesn't expire but considering the current event is called "Searching for Legends" it's pretty dumb you... don't get a legendary as a reward at the end of it. Seriously, what would it hurt to give players one of each of the Incarnate Formes? Yeah Niantic wants to sell raid passes, blah blah, but the Therians are the new, exclusive forms (and the Incarnates can be shiny now) so it's hardly going to stop players raiding them.

1615841605744.png

Last edited:

Expert Evan

My main account is almost complete with the challenges to get to level 47 and also is closer to getting to level 47. Maxing out 3 pokemon is a pain but with the recent XL candy changes to guarantee one when trading pokemon caught over 100 km apart (I was in Puerto Rico recently and still have a bunch of tradable fodder) then getting to 296 XL candies becomes more possible but still tedious. I've already maxed out a beedrill and a shiny eevee and am close to maxing out a Talonflame with Incinerate which is currently ranked 3rd in the Ultra League when maxed out so if you have a lucky Talonflame with Incinerate I recommend making it your buddy since it takes 1km to earn candies and now also a good chance of earning an XL candy as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)