Pet Mod Fusion Evolution Under Used (Conclusion | Fully Playable! | Please read posts #1, #3 and #4 | Not open for submissions!)

Honestly, the only ones I see making the drop is Slurpum, Grousle and maybe Heatloom and B-B. The rest of them are either unbalanced, broken or just don't fit in current FEUU.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Lunatic and Cargolure have now been replaced. Also important, Mapu Auhe's typing was listed incorrectly and is now fixed (Relevant due to Revelation Dance). Be sure to check out the 2 new candidates on the post!

Just so this isn't a one-liner, I'll provide my thoughts on all of them as well:

1613393445041.png

At first I was really drawn to it by the fact its ability alongside its typing made for an interesting defensive mon, not at all broken because the fairly common Ice type would then be super-effective against it, as would Ghost and Dark. While it would have a grand total of 6 resists and 1 immunity, and it has well above average bulk, the short end of the stick is its movepool. Lapras has a surprisingly bad movepool for something that came out of Kanto, and Malamar just doesn't do much for this other than adding Knock and Foul Play. It also has no recovery aside from Life Dew, so going all-out defensive wouldn't work. But its offensive stats are too low to make up for that, and as far as STABs go, in the physical side for Ice moves it only has Ice Shard and Avalanche. So while it could theoretically set up Dragon Dance, its movepool doesn't help it much. Special sets could run Nasty Plot, but 86 Special Attack is really not worth it (Just run Big Brain Monke at that point).

1613394055914.png

It's gen 8 regis but water. Flip turn on this thing is a bit silly, but otherwise it is a mighty fine candidate. The metagame has its fair share of pokémon to screw with Water (Slate 1 in particular just really spites Water lol), it can't switch in on anything and can get revenged rather easily through priority spammers. Haven't done calcs to back this next one up, but maybe Dragontler can also switch in on it due to its own ability and threaten it with Extreme Speed. So while overall the fish might seem busted, I believe the meta is ready to take it on.

1613394356419.png

Too fat, don't like. The meta has its fair share of ways to beat it, such as Lycanserker's Close Combat or the omnipresent Slowton, but still.

1613394446568.png

I'll be honest, this thing looks really interesting... for a doubles format. Between a decent support movepool with stuff like Tailwind and Roost to keep itself healthy while also being able to copyan ally's Grass moves would be actually fun. However, this is a singles meta, and as such it just sorta fails at doing anything. If I want a Grass mon with high Attack and middling Speed, I'd just use Kingtsar.

1613394711083.png

Despite the overabundance of Ghosts at the moment, I really like Supermuk. Unlike most ghosts in the tier, it has a bigger focus on Offense rather than just being fat. It can work as a rather interesting attacker, with utility options such as Will-o-Wisp and Strength Sap to make use of its fine bulk. Its ability is really interesting, specially since Poltergeist allows you to scout out what item you are copying. But while copying the foe's item is a fun gimmick, it could also be either useless (It could copy Tanette's Eviolite and gain nothing from it since Supermuk is fully evolved) or detrimental (Mostly Choice items, tho essentially nullifying Scarf isn't half bad). Really this one just has poor timing given the current overabundance of Ghosts.

also lol tapu lop

1613395085700.png

I kinda dig this. Its got an interesting playstyle, having high attack but a lot more useful defensive utility on Typing, Ability and Movepool. This leaves Heatloom in a position where it can have its fair amount of varied sets while still not being exactly broken (Thank you whoever created this for not making it have Flash Fire lol). A pretty good portion of the meta has Fire or Fighting coverage and Yacian just memes on it by stealing its ability, making burn detrimental again. Really my biggest concern with this is the combo of Magma Storm + Spore which could be a tad bit stupid, specially when it comes to the meta's walls.

1613395493508.png

The RNG Gods have blessed us with a Slowton switch-in lmao. Aside from that, Grousle is pretty neat. Its ability gives it quite decent defensive utility, and its stats, alongside its movepool, allow for it to use either Swords Dance or Nasty Plot really well. Not much else to add, its just a very neat pick for the meta.

1613395977689.png

why

1613396140608.png

Wasn't a fan at first but I'm warming up to it. Sure, its stats are mediocre, but its got a very neat movepool, quite a good typing and a great ability to round it all off. The movepool is pretty wide, ranging from defensive utility such as Wish and Leech Seed, to support such as Heal Bell and Sticky Web, to bulky offense with Bulk Up, Spore and Drain Punch. Its a very unexpected but versatile fusion that should at the very least be fun to use.

1613396574189.png

I dig it. Neat defensive ability, the typing fits really well in the meta given the fat ghosts, Umbat and Tanette balancing one another out, and lastly its movepool looks really neat. Here's another Hazard Control option for your liking, but you can also opt for Double Dance (Just be sure of what 2 moves you'll use), or Parting Shot to pivot out on switches you force. It can also just as easily run an All-Out Attacker set due to its bizarre coverage. It's a funky option thatwould most likely be fun to build with.

Last edited:
the (numbers) at the end doesn't mean a vote, is just a tldr about how i feel about it
:malamar: :lapras: its ability is a liability, trading 3 weaknesses for 6 (and one of those weaknesses being x4) (i was looking at the already inverted table and then applied the ability to that, what a dumb mistake), has underwhelming all around stats and movepool, outside of a sd set this doesn't really add much to its team.

:basculin: :basculin: boring and strong, it works, i don't see it as broken, its just boring, if i vote for it is out of having nothing else to vote on.

:bastiodon: :slowking: Bulky water with recovery and hazards, lacks regenerator so its not as lame as it could be, i love it.

:oricorio: :tapu-bulu: while i agree with the "i'd just use kingtsar" stance of other posters i think on the long run this can achieve a niche of its own, its ability to check better grass types and sleep powder/leech seed from non-grass types fusions on the meta will be apreciated, however its lack of a fire stab doesn't really help it much, its a weak pick overall but i don't hate it.

:gourgeist: :muk: Ghost abundance aside, i love this, i'm ok with this being a grass poison but i guess we can't do that, its fine as either a defensive or offensive mon and its stabs + earthquake do great vs most pokemon in the meta but this doesn't feel overwhelming

:heatran: :breloom: While i love the ability and both of these pokemon the combination of spore and magma storm/fire fang/will o wisp worries me a lot, the main way of dealing with spore is grass types, misty surge users, electric surge users, and overcoat pokemon, and all but a koko or fini fusion (that has to resist/be neutral vs fire/grass/steel while not worrying about burns, a fire fairy could work but beware of stealth rock) suffer in a horrible way vs this thing, it can't even check itself so if this wins we will need overcoat pokemon or something like the previously mentioned tapu fusion with a very specific set of resistances to stop it from being a free spore into sweep pokemon, so while i love the design of this thing i find it worrying/borderline/broken not because of its ability or stats but because of its movepool so this is something that we can't just nerf like grimmlurk.

:groudon::plusle: Its cool, immunity to most status and its combination of stats type and movepool its decent, its not weak, its not shining, its just right, i'd like to comment that it doesn't feel like a slowton counter since a single hydro pump or ice beam after some chip its all it takes to get rid of it, yes.

:pikachu: :pikachu-hoenn: this is disappointing, pikachu can be min maxed into a better attacker than that, sure dumb volt take go brr, if it doesn't work out in the real games, there is no chance of it working here even with the better speed tier, this is a hard pass to me, the basculin at least would get usage here.

:slurpuff::breloom: take the above breloom sub and replace fire coverage concern with belly drum mach punch concern, overall this is the least broken of the 2 and i like it a lot, but its rather nasty after a boost, our ghosts aren't particularly safe and i can see this run bdrum + sitrus berry + thief to hit ghosts types, feels borderline too but i don't feel as much fear.

:donphan::pangoro: parting shot, stealth rock, knock off, earthquake, predictable, good, love the behemoth looking design, yes.

TL;DR:
:malamar::lapras:(-1) Too weak for its own good
:basculin: :basculin: (+0) Boring but good
:bastiodon: :slowking: (+2) Good and interesting
:oricorio: :tapu-bulu: (+0.5) Weak but not awful
:gourgeist: :muk: (+1) Good and interesting, eww yet another ghost type (i love ghosts, but... too many rn)
:heatran::breloom:(-0.5) Looks cool and broken
:groudon::plusle: (+1) Yes
:pikachu::pikachu-hoenn: (-1) No
:slurpuff::breloom: (-0) belly drum mach punch
:donphan::pangoro: (+1) Yes

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Voting is now open! yeah it was originally supposed to go early tomorroe but no one else seems to have any thoughts to share so might as well speed things up

Due to the smaller roster of available options, you may only vote for 3 of the slated fusions. Any post that has more than 3 votes will be discarded.

Voting will remain open for 2 days, until friday night.

:groudon:/:plusle:
:donphan:/:pangoro:
:gourgeist:/:muk:

after hearing about power creep concerns on discord i decided to not vote for bastioking even though i like it so much

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I'd usually wait for the full 48 Hours cycle to end before I close vote and announce winners, but given it was a total landslide with no way of the results changing any time soon, I decided to announce winners earlier than intended. With that out of the way...

DONGORO
:SWSH/DONPHAN::SWSH/PANGORO:
1613756625774.png
1613756633604.png

102 / 132 / 109 / 74 / 75 / 64
Sturdy Mold - Sturdy effects. The abilities of Pokémon using an attack targeting this one will be ignored while taking the attack.

SLURPUM
:swsh/slurpuff::swsh/breloom:
1613756783787.png
1613756791433.png

81 / 115 / 93 / 82 / 77 / 81
Therapeutic - This Pokémon is healed by 1/8 of its max HP each turn when statused; unaffected by status's secondary effects (except sleep) i.e. Poison's HP loss, Thunder Wave's Speed Drop, and Burn's Attack drop.

GROUSLE
:swsh/groudon::swsh/plusle:
1613756625774.png
1613756969626.png

90 / 100 / 90 / 110 / 94 / 92
Solar Panel - Immunity to Grass, Electric and Fire. If hit by a move of of one of those types, raises Sp Attack by 1.

Primal Grousle
:groudon-primal::plusle:
1613757139754.png
1613757145348.png

90 / 130 / 110 / 160 / 94 / 92
Desolate Land

Things to Note:
- Grousle can revert to Primal Grousle using the Red Orb or well, could, if not for the fact that...
- Primal Grousle is banned
- Unrelated to this slate, but Volquag's stat spread was missing 9 BST from the +40. This has now been adjusted, and its current stat spread is as follows: 90 / 97 / 114 / 100 / 86 / 65

That is all for this slate! The Fusions who lost will be a bit rarer on future drop slates, but by popular demand, Supermuk won't be included in the rejected list, since it just happened to drop during a poor time. In other words, Malaras, Basculin-Basculin, Bastioking, Mapu Auhe, Heatloom and Pikachu-Ash are less likely to be drop candidates again.

This was quite a good first Drop Slate! From here on in, every five slates we will have a Drop Slate, meaning the next drops will happen on slate 10, then slate 15, and so on and so forth. This is all, enjoy! If possible, leave some thoughts or sets for the winners below while we wait for the next slate.

Bobsican

Powerscaler at heart
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Slurpum @ Toxic Orb / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Therapeutic
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Spore / Substitute / Facade
Setup sweeper that can sweep weakened teams, especially if no Poison types or fast Ghost types are around, it even holds longevity thanks to its ability to potentially try again as it abuses the switches it can force with the threat of Spore

Slurpum @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Spore / Protect (Thanks for pointing out, El Cadaver )
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
A classic Breloom set, just force switches as you just heal while dealing strong attacks, you can even put something to sleep in the meantime to get something to safely come in

Slurpum @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Superpower / Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up
- Facade / Mach Punch
An stallbreaker set, just setup and attack, the status effect immunity and healing from its ability makes it pretty efficient at this and doesn't need much else, Bulk Up makes it slightly worse at stallbreaking in exchange of also offering defensive utility

Slurpum @ Focus Sash / Flame Orb / Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spore
- Misty Explosion
- Magic Coat / Endeavor / Fling
- Sticky Web
Suicide lead that sets webs and likely puts something to sleep, it can also throw its Orb once it's done to badly poison or burn something while also chipping it

Dongoro @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy Mold
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Parting Shot

A fast and offensive set that can pivot

Dongoro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock / Parting Shot
A more defensive set that blocks hazards and can set some or switch

Grousle @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Panel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
A set that can hit hard

Grousle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scorching Sands / Earth Power
- Discharge / Lava Plume / Nuzzle / Volt Switch
- Wish
- Protect
A more defensive set that threatens a lot of stuff with status and annoys Slowton, it can also act as a cleric thanks to Wish

Grousle @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch / Fire Blast
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance
A physical/mixed set, if not running Fire Blast, run a Jolly nature with the leftover 4 EVs into SpD instead to check Slowton slightly better

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
1614118535551.png

Good Matchups:
toxalure.png
dusking.png
Silvino-Dark-Mega.png

Bad Matchups:
Silvino-Normal.png
Silvino-Normal-Mega.png
lycanserker-dusk.png
yacian-crowned.png

Possible Teammates:
miemie.png
dragontler.png
manicuno-galar.png

Grimmlurk recieved an ability change and is now a completely different fusion in terms of playstyle. Its combination of decent bulk, currently unresisted STABs, good utility movepool and great ability makes it a good fit for Balance teams. Grimmlurk can be good at a number of different roles thanks to the freedom its stabs give it - since Poltergeist and Play Rough hit everything you need, the last two moveslots are free for whatever you want to do. It can set up with Bulk Up fairly decently, set Screens, set hazards while stopping the foe with Stealth Rock and Taunt, spread status with Thunder Wave or lastly run a choiced Trick set. It is a very versatile mon and overall sits in a nice place in the overall meta.

Grimmlurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Not Funny
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poltergeist
- Play Rough
- Trick

Grimmlurk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough
- Poltergeist

Grimmlurk @ Light Clay
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Play Rough
- Poltergeist

Grimmlurk @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Poltergeist

1614121303779.png

Good Matchups:
toxalure.png
slowton.png
chomplim.png
chomplim-mega.png
dusking.png
jelliswine.png
lycanserker-dusk.png
yacian-crowned.png

Bad Matchups:
tanette.png
umbat.png
Silvino-Flying-Mega.png

Possible Teammates:
slowton.png
lycanserker-dusk.png
manicuno-galar.png

Dongoro is a very good Pokémon at the moment, having one of the highest Attack stats of the metagame and a lot of useful matchups. It has decent amounts of coverage (Tho it sort of has to select what it wants to beat), access to Parting Shot, Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. STAB Knock Off is pretty big for it as well, letting it cripple foes on the switch. Overall Dongoro is rather straightforward on how it plays, but is very efficient at that role.

Dongoro @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Play Rough / Stone Edge / Gunk Shot
- Parting Shot

Dongoro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

slurpum.png

Good Matchups:
umbat.png
cryogolem.png
stoudrago.png

Bad Matchups:
slowton.png
manicuno-galar.png
dragontler.png
yacian-crowned.png

Possible Teammates:
pigapult.png
Silvino-Steel.png
Silvino-Steel-Mega.png
lycanserker-dusk.png
yacian-crowned.png

Slurpum has a variety of different sets it could run. Its varied movepool gives it access to set-up options, Spore, Sticky Web, rather varied coverage and bulkier options such as Leech Seed. Slurpum's ability also gives it longevity and status absorption, two very important roles that can even aid it at Wallbreaking. Its stats might be below average but it makes up for that with its versatility and effectiveness at each role it tries to play.

Slurpum @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Play Rough
- Leech Seed

Slurpum @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Play Rough / Drain Punch
- Leech Seed

Slurpum @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

grousle.png

Good Matchups:
tanette.png
umbat.png
lycanserker-dusk.png

Bad Matchups:
kingtsar.png
chomplim.png
chomplim-mega.png
jelliswine.png
manicuno-galar.png
cryogolem.png

Possible Teammates:
kingtsar.png
slowton.png
pigapult.png

Last new adition is Grousle, with a good amount of immunities and being able to set up on both ends. While a lot more niche, it can serve as a patch to a team's weaknesses, adding some immunities that would otherwise be rare to come across. Grousle is by no means a huge meta threat, but it certainly has its uses.

Grousle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Grousle @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Stone Edge
- Volt Switch

kingtsar.png

As one last bonus I'd like to bring up Kingtsar briefly, because it benefits greatly from this slate's aditions. With two new Ground types and a Spore user whom may also run Mach Punch, Kingtsar gains a small boost in viability!

All that said, we can now move onto our next slate!

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:swsh/thievul::swsh/raichu:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Thievul / Raichu
Offspring Name: Raevul
New Types:

Base Stats: 65 / 75 / 65 / 102 / 100 / 102 [BST: 509] (+0 HP / +1 Atk / +9 Def / +14 SpA / +14 SpD / +2 Spe)
New Ability: Lights Out = (Stakeout + Lightning Rod)
Ability Description: effects of both abilities
Notable/Relevant/Useful Moves:
Knock Off, Nuzzle, U-Turn
Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Surf, Grass Knot, Focus Blast
Role Justification: basically comes in on mons like dusking and nukes something on the switch. heavily relies on prediction so stuff like xotalion/yacian/dongoro can fuck it over (yacian in particular comes in on a v switch and just ohkos something with blade lmao)

:swsh/mesprit::swsh/talonflame:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Mesprit / Talonflame
Offspring Name: Mesflame
New Types:

Base Stats: 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 95 / 104 [BST: 579] (+16 HP / +2 Atk / +7 Def / +6 SpA / +8 SpD / +1 Spe)
New Ability: Leviflame = (Flame Body + Levitate)
Knock Off, U-Turn
Fire Blast, Psychic, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam,
Roost, Defog, Stealth Rock, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt
Role Justification: very flexible mon with a large support and special movepool, can comfortably switch into stuff like manicuno and yacian and burn them/nasty plot/set rocks. loses to stuff like darkvino and dusking though

:swsh/hitmontop::swsh/genesect:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Hitmontop / Genesect
Offspring Name: Hitmonsect
New Types:

Base Stats: 69 / 120 / 95 / 77 / 102 / 102 [BST: 565] (+9 HP / +13 Atk / +0 Def / +0 SpA / +0 SpD / +18 Spe)
New Ability: Ransomware = (intimidate + Download)
Ability Description: On switch-in, this Pokemon lowers the highest attacking stat of adjacent opponents by 1 stage.
U-Turn, Close Combat, Gunk Shot, Earthquake, Triple Axel, Rapid Spin, Leech Life, Shadow Claw, Mach Punch, Extreme Speed
Shift Gear
Role Justification: this mon was made for scarf. has a lot of options to revenge kill what it wants (+ hella priority if youre into that) and also spin for good measure. doesnt like ghost types though especially chompblim

:swsh/gigalith::sm/venomoth:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Gigalith / Venomoth
Offspring Name: Gigamoth
New Types:

Base Stats: 95 / 100 / 95 / 75 / 95 / 61 [BST: 521] (+18HP / +0 Atk / +0 Def / +0 SpA / +18 SpD / +4 Spe)
New Ability: Sand Shield = (Sand Stream + Shield Dust)
Stone Edge, Poison Fang, Earthquake, U-Turn
Stealth Rock, Roost, Teleport, Sleep Powder, Toxic Spikes, Whirlwind, Defog
Role Justification: sand setter. got pretty great support moves which also gives it 4mss. only poison stab being fang is funny but not like you need poison dps anyway.

:swsh/serperior::swsh/garbodor:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Serperior / Garbodor
Offspring Name: Garbers
New Types:

Base Stats: 95 / 90 / 95 / 69 / 95 / 95 [BST: 539] (+18 HP / +5 Atk / +7 Def / +2 SpA / +7 SpD / +1 Spe)
New Ability: Strong Armor = (Contrary + Weak Armor)
Ability Description: If a physical attack hits this Pokemon, Defense is raised by 1, Speed is lowered by 2.
Leaf Blade, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Body Press
Synthesis, Leech Seed, Glare, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Haze, Coil
Role Justification: i've received the news. slurpum is officially CANCELLED. other than that this mon is nice cause it got pseudo stamina to crap on stuff like kingtsar and flaant, plus it works well with body press. coil is some tech but idk if thatll work cause this mon has about 0 room for it

:swsh/pidgeot::swsh/corviknight:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Pidgeot / Corviknight
Offspring Name: Corveot
New Types:

Base Stats: 95 / 85 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 85 [BST: 525] (+5 HP / +2 Atk / +20 Def / +9 SpA / +3 SpD / +1 Spe)
New Ability: Big Pressure = (Big Pecks + Pressure)
Brave Bird, Body Press, U-Turn
Roost, Defog, Taunt, Bulk Up, Iron Defense
Role Justification: it's a corviknight. but with a mega!

:swsh/pidgeot-mega::swsh/corviknight:
DNA Donors/ Parents: Pidgeot-Mega / Corviknight
Offspring Name: Corveot-Mega
New Types:

Base Stats: 95 / 85 / 115 / 135 / 90 / 105 [BST: 625]
New Ability: No Guard
U-Turn
Hurricane, Flash Cannon, Heat Wave
Roost, Defog, Taunt
Role Justification: it's a pidgeot-mega. but steel!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)