Resource Pet Mods Workshop

Döppelgangers (Thank you Caionamax)
This mod attempts to make a counter for every pokemon, which will be used by their shiny forms. For example, a non-shiny Blissey would still be the same as the soft-boiling monster that we all know and love. But a shiny Blissey would no longer be a Blissey. It would be a Blissey killer. Probably a guts fighting type.
Rules:
1. All countermons must have the same BST as their originals.
2. Type changes are allowed, and even encouraged.
3. Calculations are required in submissions, or will not be included during voting.
4. The amount of removed and new moves must be the same.
5. Shiny locking in any shape or form will be ignored, including shiny-exclusive moves (like Extreme Speed Genesect), unobtainable shinies (like Keldeo), and regular-exclusive moves (I can't think of any right now.)
Submission Template:
Pokemon:
New Stats:
New Typing:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Last edited:
Countermon
I like the idea, but imo this pet mod is perfect to be called "Döppelganger".

Only a question that it come in my mind, but what happenens at shiny locked moves? For example jirachi can use moonblast only if shiny, and it's a good set, but when it is shiny it won't use moonblast because it will be its doppelganger so what will happen?

Last edited:
I like the idea, but imo this pet mod is perfect to be called "Döppelganger".

Only a question that it come in my mind, but what happenens at shiny locked moves? For example jirachi can use moonblast only if shiny, and it's a good set, but when it is shiny it won't use moonblast because it will be its doppelganger so what will happen?
Didn't think of that. I think that shiny locking in any way will be ingnored, so things like Anti-Keldeo and Anti-Zacian can exsist, and move locking would also be ignored.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
A lot of parts of this are unfinished, and it's definitely not going to be perfect right now. This has the potential to be a really crazy mod though, which might make it either one of my best ideas or one of my worst.

EXTREME ROULETTEMONS (this name is in all caps and can only be referred to in all caps)
So the basic idea for Roulettemons is that the Pokemon are randomized within Pokemon's template. Only the Pokemon themselves are randomized - their moveset, set of abilities, stats, and typing. EXTREME ROULETTEMONS does all of that and randomizes even more by removing everything and adding 10 new types, 112 new moves, 100 new abilities, and 15 new items. This mod has A LOT of potential problems, I guarantee you that someone will have at least one criticism for the idea in its current state, but I'm going to go over everything I can here.

First, the processes for getting types, moves, abilities, and items, some of which I don't have...

The Types
Quite possibly the part of the process that can go the most wrong, but at the same time, I think the most important part is going to be what Pokemon get accepted. For this, I'm going to be adding 10 types with a chart like the one I have below...
1613772394110.png
Looks meaningless, right? Don't worry, I'll explain and show what this all means in another picture. Each number is generated between 1 and 36. The types on the top are attacking and the side are defending. If a number is 1 to 6, that's a strong matchup. If a number is 31 to 35, it's a weak matchup, and if it's 36 then the defending type is immune. It's cut in half so that if a type beats another type, it does so both offensively and defensively so the types that are meant to check others can truly do so. If Red beats Green offensively for example, then Red is super effective on Green AND Green is resisted by Red. Also, as a sort of failsafe to prevent anything too insane, I made it so that if a type has no winning matchups, they're manually given a winning matchup against the type with the least losing matchups relative to their winning matchups, and vice versa. In addition, the tenth type (White in this case) is meant to be a neutral type if possible. There will be universally-learned moves, and most of them will be given this type.

The type chart and rule above give the following output (approximarely, I may have made a few mistakes)...
1613854662997.png

Even with the rule in place, there are some strong and some weak types. Green is only strong against one type, and Red is only weak to two types that have no other strong matchups. I think this is a good thing, though, since it'll keep all types from feeling samey. The bad types could be balanced by being attached to good Pokemon and vice versa.

As for the names of the types, colors are just meant to be placeholders, although they could genuinely be used in the final product. I have a few ideas for how to go about this. The aforementioned colors can be attached to just about any name and are easy to sprite, with gray and black being colors I intentionally left out because they could be used to accent the Pokemon's main color. I could get a bunch of types from random object/adjective generators (which gave me such classics as Football, CD, Fabulous, and Light), but it'd probably be way harder to design so many of those and I'd have to completely rethink how I'd name those. We could also just get 10 existing types for familiarity and possibly to make coding easier, but it might be very offputting and annoying for newer players to get used to having Normal beat Grass or something.

1613854045213.png
1613855242984.png
1613855618954.png

Even absolute messes like that last type chart can be fixed with the "make sure there's one weakness or advantage" rule.

The Moves and Abilities
Lumping these two together. For these, I'll combine two randomly-generated abilities or moves, with unviable attacking moves being rerolled. The names of both will just be a spliced version of the two (like Heal Pulse + Shock Wave becomes Heal Wave, Magic Guard and Water Absorb becomes Magic Absorb etc). EVERYTHING ELSE about both moves and abilities will be determined in a similar vein to FE abilities. I may either do all of these myself, or if there's interest in this, some people can volunteer to do some of each of these. The process will be continued until there's 10 of each type, plus 10 more of the neutral type as universal moves. In addition, there will be 2 more universal moves that are NOT randomly made and will match the user's primary and secondary type respectively while going off the user's higher attacking stat. They'll probably be around 90 or 100 base power as well. That way, nothing's going to have STAB issues.

For an example of randomized moves and abilities for those not on the Discord or involved in FE, here are a few of each below...
1613852661267.png

Side note - this mentions Sandstorm, new weathers and statuses can be made. Moves will be done before abilities, so Sandstorm may not even be in the final game. If you get Sandstorm + Hydro Pump, then you could create like "Very Harsh Rain" from those. You can also make things like new entry hazards given it makes sense with the moves.

Items
This is what I don't know. Maybe weakening the effects of random abilities? I'm gonna need your input on that.

Potential Changes From Roulettemons
- Base Roulettemons had all Pokemon at 600 BST, and I might change this. I think the current range I had was even numbers between 485 and 540, with the additions of 570 and 600.
- Since there are 20 unviable moves per Pokemon in base Roulettemons, and there are no moves that should be designed to be unviable here, the EXTREME ROULETTEMONS will have only 20 viable moves.

Questions
- What should I do for items?
- How should I go about setting the type chart? Should I just get a new random one, should I take one of the examples here, or should I do a starting slate with five options that get voted on?

- How should I get the type names? Should I do the colors, random objects or adjectives, or just randomize 10 existing types? If anyone has any other ideas there other than the ones I mentioned, let me know.
- My biggest worry is that this metagame would be way too hard to theorycraft for with everything being brand new. Would that be the case? Would this metagame be too difficult to get into for the idea to be worth it?
- Do any of my processes seem flawed in any way?
- Does this meta sound like a good idea in general? Is there anything you can add that I missed, or do you have any other question?

I'm certain that there are going to be problems with this but I want to iron them out if possible. Just let me know if you think this is an idea worth working with, and if so, how it can be improved.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
A lot of parts of this are unfinished, and it's definitely not going to be perfect right now. This has the potential to be a really crazy mod though, which might make it either one of my best ideas or one of my worst.

EXTREME ROULETTEMONS (this name is in all caps and can only be referred to in all caps)
So the basic idea for Roulettemons is that the Pokemon are randomized within Pokemon's template. Only the Pokemon themselves are randomized - their moveset, set of abilities, stats, and typing. EXTREME ROULETTEMONS does all of that and randomizes even more by removing everything and adding 10 new types, 112 new moves, 100 new abilities, and 15 new items. This mod has A LOT of potential problems, I guarantee you that someone will have at least one criticism for the idea in its current state, but I'm going to go over everything I can here.

First, the processes for getting types, moves, abilities, and items, some of which I don't have...

The Types
Quite possibly the part of the process that can go the most wrong, but at the same time, I think the most important part is going to be what Pokemon get accepted. For this, I'm going to be adding 10 types with a chart like the one I have below...
View attachment 317196Looks meaningless, right? Don't worry, I'll explain and show what this all means in another picture. Each number is generated between 1 and 36. The types on the top are attacking and the side are defending. If a number is 1 to 6, that's a strong matchup. If a number is 31 to 35, it's a weak matchup, and if it's 36 then the defending type is immune. It's cut in half so that if a type beats another type, it does so both offensively and defensively so the types that are meant to check others can truly do so. If Red beats Green offensively for example, then Red is super effective on Green AND Green is resisted by Red. Also, as a sort of failsafe to prevent anything too insane, I made it so that if a type has no winning matchups, they're manually given a winning matchup against the type with the least losing matchups relative to their winning matchups, and vice versa. In addition, the tenth type (White in this case) is meant to be a neutral type if possible. There will be universally-learned moves, and most of them will be given this type.

The type chart and rule above give the following output (approximarely, I may have made a few mistakes)...
View attachment 317386
Even with the rule in place, there are some strong and some weak types. Green is only strong against one type, and Red is only weak to two types that have no other strong matchups. I think this is a good thing, though, since it'll keep all types from feeling samey. The bad types could be balanced by being attached to good Pokemon and vice versa.

As for the names of the types, colors are just meant to be placeholders, although they could genuinely be used in the final product. I have a few ideas for how to go about this. The aforementioned colors can be attached to just about any name and are easy to sprite, with gray and black being colors I intentionally left out because they could be used to accent the Pokemon's main color. I could get a bunch of types from random object/adjective generators (which gave me such classics as Football, CD, Fabulous, and Light), but it'd probably be way harder to design so many of those and I'd have to completely rethink how I'd name those. We could also just get 10 existing types for familiarity and possibly to make coding easier, but it might be very offputting and annoying for newer players to get used to having Normal beat Grass or something.

View attachment 317379View attachment 317390View attachment 317393
Even absolute messes like that last type chart can be fixed with the "make sure there's one weakness or advantage" rule.

The Moves and Abilities
Lumping these two together. For these, I'll combine two randomly-generated abilities or moves, with unviable attacking moves being rerolled. The names of both will just be a spliced version of the two (like Heal Pulse + Shock Wave becomes Heal Wave, Magic Guard and Water Absorb becomes Magic Absorb etc). EVERYTHING ELSE about both moves and abilities will be determined in a similar vein to FE abilities. I may either do all of these myself, or if there's interest in this, some people can volunteer to do some of each of these. The process will be continued until there's 10 of each type, plus 10 more of the neutral type as universal moves. In addition, there will be 2 more universal moves that are NOT randomly made and will match the user's primary and secondary type respectively while going off the user's higher attacking stat. They'll probably be around 90 or 100 base power as well. That way, nothing's going to have STAB issues.

For an example of randomized moves and abilities for those not on the Discord or involved in FE, here are a few of each below...
View attachment 317367

Side note - this mentions Sandstorm, new weathers and statuses can be made. Moves will be done before abilities, so Sandstorm may not even be in the final game. If you get Sandstorm + Hydro Pump, then you could create like "Very Harsh Rain" from those. You can also make things like new entry hazards given it makes sense with the moves.

Items
This is what I don't know. Maybe weakening the effects of random abilities? I'm gonna need your input on that.

Potential Changes From Roulettemons
- Base Roulettemons had all Pokemon at 600 BST, and I might change this. I think the current range I had was even numbers between 485 and 540, with the additions of 570 and 600.
- Since there are 20 unviable moves per Pokemon in base Roulettemons, and there are no moves that should be designed to be unviable here, the EXTREME ROULETTEMONS will have only 20 viable moves.

Questions
- What should I do for items?
- How should I go about setting the type chart? Should I just get a new random one, should I take one of the examples here, or should I do a starting slate with five options that get voted on?

- How should I get the type names? Should I do the colors, random objects or adjectives, or just randomize 10 existing types? If anyone has any other ideas there other than the ones I mentioned, let me know.
- My biggest worry is that this metagame would be way too hard to theorycraft for with everything being brand new. Would that be the case? Would this metagame be too difficult to get into for the idea to be worth it?
- Do any of my processes seem flawed in any way?
- Does this meta sound like a good idea in general? Is there anything you can add that I missed, or do you have any other question?

I'm certain that there are going to be problems with this but I want to iron them out if possible. Just let me know if you think this is an idea worth working with, and if so, how it can be improved.
So first of all, I think the name of types, items, moves and abilities should be discussed in disc or something similar. For example, if Smack Down and Bulldoze are fused into a 60bp ground move that can hit airborn targets and removes their ground immunity, a name like "Bulldown" wouldn't be as good as a name that fits what the move does better like "Sand Drop". Or if there is a fusion of Sandstorm+Rain Dance, instead of making the name something like "Sand Dance", it could be named "Mud Storm" and summon a new mud storm weather. While it might be part of the mod to have random names, I think it'd be more fun if the name were decided by the players and fit the new move or item better.

As for the effect of item and abilities, maybe they could be based on every effect abilities/item/moves have in the regular game. For example, an item could be based on merciless and brick break and allow the holder to always crit and break screens if the target is poisoned.

While I do understand your worries about the metagame being hard to learn, I think that's what would make it fun. I don't play petmods just for the old OU meta that everyone has played and figured out already. I play them for something new, that hasn't been discovered yet.

Anyway, I like the idea! Creating a new game sounds fun and I'd like to see how it turns out!

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Pet Mod: Monothreat World
Pet Mod Concept: Expending upon this unique Other Metagame of Monotype, called Monothreat, which is about the two trainers using a team that shares the very same type, which for example, Ice vs Ice, Dragon vs Dragon or Fighting vs Fighting.

(You should click on the link that redirect it to the Monothreat post of the Monotype OM thread for full details about Monothreat for basic understandings.)

Basically, this is your run-in-the-mill "add/buff stuff" Pet Mod, but with a twist in which Pokémon will only confront their own Typing. For example, a team of Ice-only Pokémon will only fight other teams of Ice-only Pokémon, but a dual-type can fit in either team as long as it have the Ice-type. Same goes for any other type. This effectively makes 18 different metagames with their own different trends towards different playstyles that are possible in each.

This also means two things: Expending on the Ice-type example, your Ice-type team does not have to worry about getting a bad matchup since you never have to confront a full-Steel team or a full-Fire team. That doesn't means the other team have their own threats, such as Galarian Darmanitan and, that might surprise you, Alolan Sandslash. Even a Pokémon that is considered as Untiered can have a place in Monothreat, and just because a Pokémon is a top tier in Monotype doesn't automatically means it would perform all that well in Monothreat.

Now for the Pet Mod itself, there are things to keep in mind.
  • I will say it again, each type have their own metagame. This means only Pokémon with the Ice-typing is allowed in the Ice metagame, but dual-type Pokémon are allowed in not only the Ice Metagame, but also the other, respective type metagame. Therian Landorus, for example, is allowed in both Ground metagame and Flying metagame since it is both Ground and Flying. Silvally can be in any type metagame as long as it have the appropriate Memory (i.e. Grass Memory for Grass Metagame) or having none (i.e. no Memory for Normal Metagame).
  • No Mega Evolution, No Z-Moves and No Dynamax + Gigantamax. No new major battle gimmicks either. Conversion into traditional Fakémon, moves and Abilities are allowed, more details below.
  • Fakémon (custom Pokémon) can be created, or you can just straight up buff a Pokémon that is in need to have a place in any compatible metagame. D-ranked Pokémon or unranked Pokémon, provided that they are not A-ranked or S-ranked in the other metagame if dual-typed, will get priority for buffs.
    • For example, while Urshifu Single Strike is D-ranked in Fighting, it cannot be buffed since it is already S-ranked in Dark.
    • Nerfing Pokémon, even if it would result an unban, is not allowed, barring very exceptional slates once we are done with the 18 types.
    • On the other hand, buffing Mantine is fine, since it is C-ranked in Flying and D-ranked in Water.
  • Signature Moves, even if Legendary/Mythical only, can be distributed, but you have to make it sense in flavor and not make your submission overpowered. Same goes for Signature Abilities.
  • Custom Movesand Abilities can be created, but only as clone of existing Moves and Abilities (as in, functionally similar but allowed to have different type, affected stat and category), and I recommend to only do it if there is a really missing piece in a type. Obviously, custom Types are not allowed.
  • Pokémon normally not allowed in Sword and Shield can be nominated (and modified), but they are considered as standard submission in this case. This will focus on only Sword and Shield, as the inevitable new entry might put a wrench on the progress, be it the DP remakes or a whole new generation. Or Let's Go Johto. Who knows!
    • As such, Pokémon added by later games will be ignored, but can be nominated for the SwSh Gen 8 metagames.
  • Focus on what the type metagame might benefit for more variation without drastically shifting the playstyles. For example, in the Fighting-type metagame, both Hawlucha and Galarian Zapdos are both S-ranked thanks to their Flying-typing, so an Electric / Fighting type might help making it easier to deal with them. Likewise, we only have one ranked Special Attacker in the form of Keldeo, so having another one (preferably with a different secondary type) will be a fun thing to do!
  • We have the right to veto anything that is deemed too powerful for voting phase, as well as giving warning beforehand.
  • Voting phase is handled differently, separated into two voting plates: One for the submissions, and one for simply buffed Pokémon already in Sword and Shield. The amount of winners per slate depends on how many ranked Pokémon there already have, which means the more there are, the less winners will be determined.
  • 600 BST maximum per submission, but try to keep it between 485-530 BST unless your Pokémon have either mediocre Abilities, or have a horrendous defensive typing. Overall, regardless of BST, it's also all about everything else. Your submission must have clear weaknesses in order to fit in any potential type metagame.
    • And overall, we do not need another Magearna. This means a Pokémon with an excellent offensive and defensive typing, a powerful Ability and great stat distribution. We try not to let any of that happens unless they happens to have a very noticeable weakness to exploit.
    • Make sure to check the Monotype SS ban list before doing anything.

Here is the Viability Ranking for each type metagame in Monothreat, done by both Ticken and ToxaNex, who are part of the current Monothreat post. This gives you an idea of what Pokémon performs the best in each Type and what Pokémon could use a little boost to stand out more. Have to wait until Ticker told me whether or not it is fine to use Monothreat as a basis for this Pet Mod, as I am aware that this is a Monotype Other Metagame.

Take note that the council members of Monothreat would rather not be affiliated with this Pet Mod, so it is best not to ask for help for them for sake of making this Pet Mod its own thing. I won't use the mention function when giving credits, either, as to not disturb them.

Now for the questions:
  1. Which type could need for more variety for its own metagame? Which type would be least-priority for slates?
  2. What threats should be considered when submitting? I say all S-ranks for each type metagame should be heavily considered, but a few notable A-ranked threats should also be considered.
  3. What are the common trends in each type metagame? I do feel the Fighting metagame trends heavily for offensive and have no place for stall, for example.

Last edited:
1614687463243.png

(Banner by me)
Do you wish that more branch evolutions existed for a wider variety of Pokémon to use competitively? Or do you wish that more branched evolutions existed in general? If you have one of both of those wishes, then Branched Potential is definitely for you! In this Pet Mod, we will create a branched evolution for every Pokémon in the National Dex.
Concept
As said above, the community will try to make a branched evolution for every Pokémon with or without an evolution. This Pet Mod will also be in the National Dex format because of the wider variety of Pokémon. Since that is really all I can say about it, I’ll move onto the rules.
Rules
Remember, every single Non-Legendary Pokémon can have a branched evolution.​
  • Types :eevee:
    • The new branched evolution must keep the original evolution’s primary typing.​
    • You are also allowed to remove the original Pokémon’s secondary typing.​
    • Also, this is just a note, but keep some flavor in mind when giving a new type.​
  • Abilities :slowpoke: :slowpoke-galar:
    • You must keep two (or one, it depends) of the original evolution’s abilities, and if a ability is going to change, it’s most likely it’s Hidden Ability.​
    • Also, keep some flavor in mind as well while giving new abilities.​
  • Stats :ralts:
    • The new branched evolution’s BST must equal the original evolution’s BST.​
    • When you make the branched evolution’s stats, do whatever you’d like! (Add and Subtract stats from OG evolution, etc.) You may not boost an stat that is above 150, but you can always switch stats.
    • If you wish to make a new branched evolution for a one staged or two staged Pokémon, they get a boost in their BST, depending on their existing BST.
    • 525 to 540 BST - 0+
      520 to 500 BST - 30+
      499 to 480 BST - 40+
      479 to 465 BST - 55+
      464 to 455 BST - 70+
      454 to 440 BST - 80+
      439 to 400 BST - 90+
      399 to 300 BST - 140+
      299 to 250 BST - 230+
    • If you make a Mega for the new branched evolution, just remember to add the +100 stat boost.
    • Also, please don min/max your submissions!
  • Moves :clamperl:
    • If you to have new moves, you must subtract some from the pre-evolution. You can +/- up to 20 moves.
  • Miscellaneous :snorunt:
    • If the original evolution has a Mega Evolution, the new branched evolution can get one as well. This rule goes for Z-Moves as well.
    • The weight for the new branched evolution must be +/- 30 kg.
    • The height for the new branched evolution must be +/- 2m.
  • Pokémon that cannot have a new branched evolution :nincada:
    • Oddish, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Slowpoke-Galar, Exeggcute, Cubone, Koffing, Eevee, Pichu, Tyrouge, Wurmple, Ralts, Nincada, Snorunt, Clamperl, Burmy, Mime Jr., Rockruff, Applin, Toxel
Now that the rules are finished, here is a submission template for you!
Name:
Typing:
Height:
Weight:
Abilities:
Stats:

New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Flavor/Design:

Competitive Description:

You are also allowed to submit up to 4 new branched evolutions.
Phases
- The submission phase will usually last for 5 days. Use that time to submit the best submissions you can!
- The voting phase lasts for 5 days as well. Vote for the submissions you think are good!
- The discussion phase will last for 1 day. Discuss about the winners and what you think about them!
You can vote up to 5 people’s submissions. If you want to vote yourself, you must not vote yourself in 1st place.
And now, for the voting template:
:venusaur: - Person 1, Person 2, Person 3, Person 4, Person 5
:charizard: - Person 2, Person 3, Person 1, Person 5, Person 4
:blastoise: - Person 3, Person 1, Person 2, Person 4, Person 5

Questions
- Does this stand out to you as a fine idea?
- Does this Pet Mod look like it would have a balanced metagame?
- Is there anything I should change about the rules?

Council
I am the Impostor
Looking for council members! DM me if you’d like to be in council. Must have competitive experience IG.

Thanks for reading the updated version of this post, and have a good day! :)​

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pet Mod Name: IDK hit me
Concept: Unused sprites from old Pokemon games are made into Pokémon.

These sprites include leaked gen 1 sprites, gen 2 sprites and some other stuff (although not leaked gen 4 gender differences because... who cares).

We would only be working with material that had been designed by Nintendo for Pokemon and then abandoned. Beyond that, I assume pretty standard slate format.

Welcome to the Beta Region!
EJyDErsUcAANYpI.png Look it's Gyarados-Beta!

1614781298815.png
1614781306075.png

Pet Mod Name: Steed For Speed (Name WIP)
Pet Mod Concept: In this Pet Mod, we will be creating Rider-style Pokemon fusions. i.e. A slate where we use horse-style mons crossed with Medival-inspired pokemon to make a cavalier.
Explanation: In each Slate, Me/The Council would pick a theme (see example above) or pick a certain pokemon to make a Rider pokemon from. They would all be usable in Gen 8 Natdex OU, which is also the format for the Pet Mod. It is possible that we would have a different way than how they did with Calyrex's Rider forms, which I believe was "quarter non-hp base stats and add them to the horse." I have yet to decide.
Miscellaneous: This will probably be run by a council, since idk how to code on smogon yet :P, otherwise, that's all!

(Side Note: I had this idea back when subs were closed, so its been in my brain for a while)
I would appreciate general feedback, submissions, and mayyyyybe council hiring?

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Pet Mod Name: Mini Mod (if anyone's got a better idea im all ears)
Pet Mod Concept: This mod aims to create a micrometa of 10 Pokemon.
Explanation: Usually micrometas have around 40-50 Pokemon, but drastically decreasing the pool of available Pokemon would have an interesting effect on teambuilding and playstyle.
A few questions I wish to explore:
  • With such a small amount of Pokemon, how do we diversify teambuilding?
  • Is the versatility of a Pokemon healthy or unhealthy for such a small meta?
  • Will non-standard sets (i.e. running resist berries, using the lower offensive stat) become standard?
  • How many Pokemon should dominate a small meta? Should any Pokemon be dominant at all?
How it will actually work:
  • Pokemon
    • idk if I wanna do fakemon or Clean Slate-style stuff lmk abt that
    • No custom elements
    • RKS System and Multitype is banned. It kinda bypasses the pool limit by adding >20 mons in one
  • Slates
    • Slate 1: Physical and Special Wall (2 Pokemon)
    • Slate 2: Physical and Special Breakers (2 Pokemon)
    • Slate 3: Mixed Wall, Mixed Wallbreaker (2 Pokemon)
    • Slate 4: Free Slot (2 Pokemon)
    • Slate 5: Free Slot (2 Pokemon)
    • Slate 6 and on: Rebalancing and Retooling
    • Maybe we could try to make another meta after we feel comfortable with the first one? idk
Miscellaneous:
  • I'll get a council sometime later

This might be a really bad idea so please let me know if anything should be changed.

Last edited:
I was recently thinking about how I really like permanent weather conditions, and had an idea for a Pet Mod metagame: Extreme Weather! The rules of extreme weather are simple. all of the basics of regular battles apply, but with a twist: a random weather condition will be in effect throughout the match. For example, it might be that rain is in effect for a match, and then for the next match, a sandstorm is present. In addition to this, weather-changing moves and abilities have no effect, in order to prevent teams simply getting rid of the weather if it doesn't favour them. The idea is that players have to make teams that can weather any conditions they are subjected to (pun not intended). I was also thinking of creating some custom weather conditions to add to the current pool, but i haven't yet decided whether to do so. Please let me know if you like the idea, if you have any criticism or suggestions, or if you want to add your own thoughts on custom weather conditions!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I was recently thinking about how I really like permanent weather conditions, and had an idea for a Pet Mod metagame: Extreme Weather! The rules of extreme weather are simple. all of the basics of regular battles apply, but with a twist: a random weather condition will be in effect throughout the match. For example, it might be that rain is in effect for a match, and then for the next match, a sandstorm is present. In addition to this, weather-changing moves and abilities have no effect, in order to prevent teams simply getting rid of the weather if it doesn't favour them. The idea is that players have to make teams that can weather any conditions they are subjected to (pun not intended). I was also thinking of creating some custom weather conditions to add to the current pool, but i haven't yet decided whether to do so. Please let me know if you like the idea, if you have any criticism or suggestions, or if you want to add your own thoughts on custom weather conditions!
It sounds too random and too inconsistent to the point it would end up restricting teambuilding instead of promoting them. For example, I doubt people would want to use weather-dependent abilities like Swift Swim if there is no way to get rid of the permanent Sandstorm or Sun, for example, and if there is no guarantee that the next match will have permanent rain.

Another example being discouraging use of Focus Sash and Sturdy, as there is a chance that the random weather will ruin it through passive damage. While this means the weather wars is fully prevented, it also cause massive discouragement for weather-dependent items, Abilities and moves.

That would work better if the summoned weather through move and Ability still works, but the permanent weather will restore as normal once the duration runs out.

It sounds too random and too inconsistent to the point it would end up restricting teambuilding instead of promoting them. For example, I doubt people would want to use weather-dependent abilities like Swift Swim if there is no way to get rid of the permanent Sandstorm or Sun, for example, and if there is no guarantee that the next match will have permanent rain.

Another example being discouraging use of Focus Sash and Sturdy, as there is a chance that the random weather will ruin it through passive damage. While this means the weather wars is fully prevented, it also cause massive discouragement for weather-dependent items, Abilities and moves.

That would work better if the summoned weather through move and Ability still works, but the permanent weather will restore as normal once the duration runs out.
i see your point. My thinking was that because there is no certainty of what the weather might be, people would be forced to play around it, and to ensure their team can win in whatever weather condition is provided. i think perhaps custom weather conditions would make it a more unique meta, so i will work on some of those and then re-evaluate once i have some good ones

Magmajudis

Title pending
i see your point. My thinking was that because there is no certainty of what the weather might be, people would be forced to play around it, and to ensure their team can win in whatever weather condition is provided. i think perhaps custom weather conditions would make it a more unique meta, so i will work on some of those and then re-evaluate once i have some good ones
I think that your idea works better as an OM than a Pet Mods personally. That said, a Pet Mod that would focus on creating custom weathers/terrains, and reworking mons to summon/benefit from those and maybe creating weather exclusive moves/abilities (like Swift Swim or Aurora Veil) could be a very fun idea if you want to stay in the theme of making teams that benefit from weathers

I think that your idea works better as an OM than a Pet Mods personally. That said, a Pet Mod that would focus on creating custom weathers/terrains, and reworking mons to summon/benefit from those and maybe creating weather exclusive moves/abilities (like Swift Swim or Aurora Veil) could be a very fun idea if you want to stay in the theme of making teams that benefit from weathers
i was wondering whether it'd count more as an OM actually, so thank you for pointing that out. I might work on 2 variants: an OM one, and a pet mod one with custom weathers. it's still in early stages, so i have plenty of room for adjustments

Pet Mod Name: :jynx::electabuzz::magmar: Missing Links :magmortar::electivire::unown-question:
Pet Mod Concept: It's probably just me, but one thing I absolutely hate that Game Freak does is establish two or more Pokemon as counterparts of each other, then proceed to abandon that later by only giving one of them an evolution, Mega Evolution, Regional form, or whatever.
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, we fill in the unfinished pairs by introducing new Regional forms, evolutions, Mega Evolutions, prevolutions, and stat buffs. Each slate would give a few Pokemon that would need these additions. Rules would vary based on the type of addition the Pokemon needs. The mod would be National Dex OU-based and it's best if the Pokemon are viable to make playing the mod interesting, but a big part of this mod is flavor and would thus be the main focus.
Butterfree was a counterpart to Beedrill in Gens 1-5, but didn't receive a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, so the mod would add a Mega Evolution
Arcanine was a counterpart to Ninetales in Gens 1-6, but didn't receive a Regional form in Gen 7, so the mod would add a Regional form
Jynx was a counterpart to Magmar & Electabuzz in Gens 1-3 but didn't receive an evolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add an evolution
The Bellsprout line was a counterpart to the Oddish line in Gen 1, but they didn't receive a split evolution in Gen 3, so the mod would add a split evolution
Skarmory was a counterpart to Mantine in Gens 2-3, but didn't receive a prevolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add a prevolution
Dustox is a counterpart to Beautifly via evolution line, but didn't receive a +10 stat boost in Gen 6, so the mod would add +10 to its BST

Miscellaneous & Questions:
- Would this be too similar to mods like Megas for All or Regional Evolutions that do these kind of things but for every Pokemon?
- Have something like this be done before? I just thought of it and I know nobody's done this in Gen 8, but since it's a pretty simple idea, I'd be surprised if no one else has tried this before
- What counts as a being a counterpart? I usually go by Bulbapedia's distinction they put in a Pokemon's Trivia section plus whatever seems intentional by Game Freak (for example, Whimsicott and Lilligant) but there are a lot of looses connections one could make (ex: Arbok and Sandslash could be considered counterparts in Gens 1-3 because they were often version exclusives, but that's the only connection they have)
- What do we do about weird cases like Banette & Dusclops, where the latter got an evolution but the former later got a Mega Evolution?
- Would mod be too small in scope? If so, is that a negative (considering stuff like Z-Revival or even Mega Mirrors from last gen, which I ran)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Pet Mod Name: :jynx::electabuzz::magmar: Missing Links :magmortar::electivire::unown-question:
Pet Mod Concept: It's probably just me, but one thing I absolutely hate that Game Freak does is establish two or more Pokemon as counterparts of each other, then proceed to abandon that later by only giving one of them an evolution, Mega Evolution, Regional form, or whatever.
Explanation: In this National Dex OU-based Pet Mod, we fill in the unfinished pairs by introducing new Regional forms, evolutions, Mega Evolutions, prevolutions, and stat buffs. Each slate would give a few Pokemon that would need these additions. Rules would vary based on the type of addition the Pokemon needs. The mod would be National Dex OU-based and it's best if the Pokemon are viable to make playing the mod interesting, but a big part of this mod is flavor and would thus be the main focus.
Butterfree was a counterpart to Beedrill in Gens 1-5, but didn't receive a Mega Evolution in Gen 6, so the mod would add a Mega Evolution
Arcanine was a counterpart to Ninetales in Gens 1-6, but didn't receive a Regional form in Gen 7, so the mod would add a Regional form
Jynx was a counterpart to Magmar & Electabuzz in Gens 1-3 but didn't receive an evolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add an evolution
The Bellsprout line was a counterpart to the Oddish line in Gen 1, but they didn't receive a split evolution in Gen 3, so the mod would add a split evolution
Skarmory was a counterpart to Mantine in Gens 2-3, but didn't receive a prevolution in Gen 4, so the mod would add a prevolution
Dustox is a counterpart to Beautifly via evolution line, but didn't receive a +10 stat boost in Gen 6, so the mod would add +10 to its BST

Miscellaneous & Questions:
- Would this be too similar to mods like Megas for All or Regional Evolutions that do these kind of things but for every Pokemon?
- Have something like this be done before? I just thought of it and I know nobody's done this in Gen 8, but since it's a pretty simple idea, I'd be surprised if no one else has tried this before
- What counts as a being a counterpart? I usually go by Bulbapedia's distinction they put in a Pokemon's Trivia section plus whatever seems intentional by Game Freak (for example, Whimsicott and Lilligant) but there are a lot of looses connections one could make (ex: Arbok and Sandslash could be considered counterparts in Gens 1-3 because they were often version exclusives, but that's the only connection they have)
- What do we do about weird cases like Banette & Dusclops, where the latter got an evolution but the former later got a Mega Evolution?
- Would mod be too small in scope? If so, is that a negative (considering stuff like Z-Revival or even Mega Mirrors from last gen, which I ran)
Don't forget Mantine also get stat boosts to 485 BST in Gen 7, while Skarmory's BST remains the same.

Cottonee and Petilil used to be counterparts in Gen 5, but Cottonee gets the Fairy type in Gen 6 onwards while Petilil line got none. Not sure if it counts as such though.

Poochyena and Zigzagoon are early route counterparts in Generation 3 and their evolution share the same BST, but Zigzagoon have a Regional Variant (where Galarian Linoone can evolve further) in Generation 8, so Poochyena line gets a regional variant where the regional Mightyena evolves further.

I do not think there were a Pet Mod like this before.

I believe we should leave Banette and Dusclops as is.

Don't forget Mantine also get stat boosts to 485 BST in Gen 7, while Skarmory's BST remains the same.

Cottonee and Petilil used to be counterparts in Gen 5, but Cottonee gets the Fairy type in Gen 6 onwards while Petilil line got none. Not sure if it counts as such though.

Poochyena and Zigzagoon are early route counterparts in Generation 3 and their evolution share the same BST, but Zigzagoon have a Regional Variant (where Galarian Linoone can evolve further) in Generation 8, so Poochyena line gets a regional variant where the regional Mightyena evolves further.

I do not think there were a Pet Mod like this before.

I believe we should leave Banette and Dusclops as is.
The Mantine thing also brings up a good point, as counterparts that have multiple missing links will have them both fixed. So, Skarmory would get both +20 BST and a prevolution

For Cottonee and Petilil, I'm very much leaning on that not counting as a missing link since they're still consistent counterparts regardless of the type change. The same sort of thing happened with Sableye & Mawile and Gardevoir & Gallade

I did find a more complete list of counterparts and it did have Poochyena and Zigzagoon listed, so that would be on one of the slates

I think I agree on leaving Banette and Dusclops alone, since Banette's Mega is probably atonement for not giving it an evolution anyway. The same applies to Pinsir and Scyther, which would get extra complicated due to Heracross' existence

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Pet Mod Name: :honchkrow:Metagame Mafia :murkrow:
Pet Mod Concept: We will attempt to create a micrometa of adjusted Pokemon while randomly selected people will attempt to sneak in an unhealthy addition to the meta.
Explanation:
Slates
  • Prior to the slate, people will sign up to participate in the next slate.
  • Slate themes will be the usual slate themes for any micrometa (walls, wallbreakers, speed control, etc.)
  • Based on the number of signups, "saboteurs" will be randomly selected (probably a 3:1 ratio of normal participants to saboteurs). They will be privately assigned to submit something with a trait detrimental to a micro meta, such as a high stat or an oversaturated type.
  • Submissions will continue as normal; participants will submit adjusted existing Pokemon (think The Pokedex Redone level of things except the name will stay the same) to fit the slate theme
  • I will not be vetoing anything. It is up to the participants of the slate to encourage balance and/or use the voting system to eliminate broken submissions.
Voting
  • Vote for the top three submissions in any order. Each vote is worth one point.
  • Along with the vote for submissions, there will be a vote to eliminate the "saboteur", which will just be one vote for one user. If a user receives more than 50% of the elimination votes, they will be eliminated and their all their submissions that slate will be vetoed.
  • During the voting period, you may also sign up for the next slate (just end the post with "in"). In order to sign up, you must cast a submission vote. You can also vote while not signing up for the next slate.
  • The two submissions with the highest amount of votes wins. If the submission of a saboteur wins, then that sucks (Pokemon submitted by saboteurs will be labeled "-Saboteur" as a trophy of your achievement. Maybe we can recolor them if we're fancy enough). If not, hooray, a healthy meta.

Last edited:
I'd figure I post this here because I kinda need feedback on this.

Pet Mod Name: eXtremely Dangerous Colosseum
Pet Mod Concept: A doubles focused mircrometa that uses mechanics within the Orre games
Explanation: Alright so what does this mean? Well for starters shadow pokemon are back and terrifying. They have all the mechanics they do in XD except for reverse mode. This is mainly because I don't want random elements in a more competitively focused mod. That said there's also another big change in keeping with the XD theme. Only pokemon from the first three generations, their regional forms, their evolutions, and their regional evolutions are allowed in. As such while Sirfetch'd is welcome drampa is banned, AS HE SHOULD BE! Likewise you are welcome to submit Megas and Gmax forms for pokemon, however they will be treated as a new form of the pokemon rather than a mega or gmax. This of course means that I have three seperate rules for subbing regular pokemon, shadow pokemon, and mega.

Shadow Pokemon in XD have the following mechanics that will be used for the mod
  • A 50% speed boost
  • Access to Shadow Moves which are super effective against non-shadow pokemon
While they do have more mechanics than just those two, these are the ones that really effect competitive play.

• Stats for regular pokemon can be altered by adjusting up to ten points on it. IE remove ten points from gardevoir's HP and put them into speed and special attack. That said it is best to avoid minmaxing as much as possible.
  • Pokemon who weren't dexited get 5 new moves. Those that were get ten new moves to account for the addition of gen 8 moves like scorching sands and flip turn.
  • On monotype pokemon you can add a type to it, as long as it has STAB for that type on its moveset before you add moves to it.
    • Dual type pokemon can have the secondary type swapped, as long as it has STAB for that type on its moveset before you add moves to it
  • You can also swap one ability on a pokemon, just please keep it balanced.
  • All of the above applies to Gmax forms just use the base stats of the normal pokemon and keep in mind max moves are not a thing.
    • While not a rule it is encouraged to swap out or add a secondary type to gmax forms to make them feel more distinct from the regular forms.

• Only pokemon with base 60 speed or lower can be shadow pokemon, as shadow pokemon have their speed multiplied by 1.5
  • Shadow Pokemon must lose ten relevant moves in exchange for learning a shadow move.
    • Likewise Shadow Blast is banned since it was exclusive to Shadow Lugia
  • Shadow Pokemon can have 5 points removed in a stat to be placed into another one. However this change cannot alter the speed stat in any way.
  • Shadow Pokemon cannot gain any additional types or have its type be swapped out.
  • Shadow pokemon cannot swap its abilities out.

• Megas use the base stats of the base form
  • Megas can have 5 points removed in a stat to be placed into another one.
  • Megas, except for Mega Kangaskhan, have their mega abilities as their primary abilities rather than what the base form has.
    IE Mega Charizard X has Tough Claws as its first ability instead of blaze
  • Megas can swap their hidden ability for their primary ability instead.
    IE Mega Gardevoir can swap telepathy for synchronize but it can't swap trace for synchronize.
  • Megas cannot swap their typings or gain new ones.

In addition to all that there are certain abilities I am banning because they can get out of hand.
  • Neuroforce
  • Parental Bond
  • Delta Stream
  • Desolate Land
  • Intrepid Sword
  • Gorilla Tactics

Miscellaneous: This would need to be led by a council. I have ran a mod, practically, by myself once and I do not want to do it again.

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Guess I’ll ask a couple of qs about this one to clear things up, looks cool.

- Is it gen 3 based with forms/evos of gen 3 mons and certain moves added, or is it natdex/gen 8 based and restricted to only gen 3 mons and their forms/evos?

- What is the banlist? Like, are you just basing it on OU/DOU/a certain VGC, or is it more complicated than that?

- In-game, Shadow mons are caught with a specific set of four moves (with the exception of Suicune having 2 possible sets), and cannot use TMs, be bred for egg moves, or level up for level-up moves. Will these mechanics be retained at all, or do Shadow mons have fully customizable sets?

- Why is Shadow Blast banned while Shadow Chill/Bolt/Fire are unrestricted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)