Pet Mod Fusion Evolution Under Used (Conclusion | Fully Playable! | Please read posts #1, #3 and #4 | Not open for submissions!)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Votes

:Pidgeot: :Corviknight:
:Milotic: :Moltres-Galar:
:Toxtricity: :Noivern:
:Primarina: :Ninetales:
:Zarude: :Garbodor:
:Diancie: :Florges:

I like Corveot. It's a great base form Pokemon, essentially Corviknight. Adds a Ground immune, hazard control, Steel type, the works. My favorite thing about it though is that it adds another viable Mega Evolution, one that serves a very different role from it's base form.

Milostres-Galar is such a cool concept and an amazing execution. It can run two vastly different main sets (Wall and Wallbreaker) and both of them are easy to identify via the item they are holding. Wall sets can handle most ghost types in the tier comfortably, and can rival the other bulky waters in their roles. As a Wallbreaker, special Guts is pretty amazing and I think this is the best mon to actually abuse it.

Igglycian-Crowned is just a dumb fun wish fulfillment mon that I am glad exists. Intrepid Sword is an ability that I have wanted to be in an OU based meta for quite sometime so I am quite biased, but so be it.

Primarines is cool. Weather is definitely an interesting to add here, and I think Rain is perhaps one of the more balanced weather options to add, due to the sheer amount of natural Water type, Electric type and Flying type checks that alr exist in this meta. Outside of weather teams in general, I really like Prima because it gives Volquag a very defined niche as it beats this Water type better than anything else that currently exists.

My last two votes are self subs and are based on what the metagame is clamoring for - Spikes, Dark types, and a special wall. Garborude can bully most (not all) of the current Ghosts and has access to Spikes for everything else. Florancie is just a beefy wall and can eat almost any hit it wants specially.

Replaced Iggycian-Crowned with Noicity

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
It has been brought to my attention that
is unbalanced.

Sorry for the short notice, specially so late into voting, but Igglybuff / Zacian has been vetoed. Its power level is only rivaled by Flaant, but unlike Flaant, it doesn't have shaky accuracy nor a bad typing at all, and it has a pretty wide amount of coverage to boot. I'll have to ask people who have voted for it to either remove the vote or replace the vote by something else.
Pardon for the sudden change.

If you do replace your vote for something else, please write an "edit: replaced igglybuff / zacian-crowned by (X Fusion)". It makes revising votes a lot easier for me.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Sorry for the delay, but here are the winners!

CORVEOT
:SWSH/PIDGEOT::swsh/corviknight:
1614977596008.png
1614977603970.png

95 / 85 / 110 / 70 / 80 / 85
Big Pressure - Effects of Big Pecks and Pressure

Mega Corveot
:pidgeot-mega::corviknight:
1614977793388.png
1614977806528.png

95 / 85 / 115 / 135 / 90 / 105
No Guard

IGGLYZENTA-CROWNED
:swsh/igglybuff::swsh/zamazenta-crowned:
1614978294740.png
1614977596008.png

93 / 80 / 100 / 60 / 100 / 71
Friend Shield - Effects of Dauntless Shield and Friend Guard

ARCTRES-GALAR
:swsh/moltres-galar::swsh/arcanine:
1614978025736.png
1614978037268.png

90 / 112 / 95 / 102 / 105 / 102
Debilitate - On switch-in, lower foe(s) Special attack by one stage

GARBORUDE
:swsh/garbodor::swsh/zarude:
1614978493545.png
1614978037268.png

101 / 123 / 100 / 70 / 90 / 91
Leafy Armor - If user gets a volatile status from an opponent, user will instantly be healed. When this happens, raises Speed by 2 and drops Defense by 1.

NOICITY
:swsh/noivern::swsh/toxtricity:
1614978736287.png
1614977603970.png

86 / 75 / 86 / 109 / 75 / 118
Surround sound - Boosts the power of multi target moves by 1.3, halves damage taken from said moves

FERROS
:swsh/shellos-east::swsh/ferroseed::swsh/shellos:
1614979556436.png
1614977596008.png

80 / 50 / 70 / 40 / 92 / 22
Spiky Hold - Effects of Sticky Hold and Iron Barbs

With that all settled, we can move on to a different sort of discussion phase:

The best way to explain it is a National Dex Suspect Test. I have been wondering about what the meta's Moves should be based on, with dexited moves or not. It is better to take this decision sooner rather than later to prevent people designing fusions with NetDex moves in mind only for later the moves be deleted.

The only changes between National Dex and Regional Dex would be the fact that dexited moves won't exist, aside from signature moves in case a fusion that isn't in Gen 8 wins (So, for an example, Oricorio isn't in Sword and Shield and Revelation Dance was dexited because of that. If an Oricorio fusion wins, Revelation Dance will return). Other than that, nothing would change.

What I want you lot to do is discuss whether the metagame should be National or Regional and why. All your voices will be heard, but I do also request there to be at least decent reasoning provided for it. Explain why you think X mons would Benefit / Be Harmed by the change and why theformat you suggest is better for the metagame.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Before we dive into the slippery slope that is NatDex, sets

:ss/toxtricity::ss/noivern:
Noicity @ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Surround Sound
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Boomburst / Defog
- Volt Switch / U-turn / Roost

Cool special attacker, kinda like a fast Zapdos. Looking forward to chickening out and clicking U-turn every time

:ss/garbodor::ss/zarude:
Garbodude @ Flame Orb
Ability: Leafy Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Gunk Shot
- Darkest Lariat
- Stomping Tantrum

Funny Speed-boosting set. Stomping Tantrum is there for Xota
oops

:ss/moltres-galar::ss/arcanine:
Arctres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Debilitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play / Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
- Teleport
- Morning Sun
yeah

Ability: Debilitate
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- U-turn
- [filler]
but faster

:ss/shellos::ss/ferroseed:
Ferros @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Scald / Thunder Wave / Leech Seed / Toxic / Knock Off
why

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I'd just take the Alpha route- no natdex, moves are cut, if a mon that was cut is readded and has a signature move they get the move back (has precedent with a lot of mons added in via DLC).

Impressions:
:corviknight:/:pidgeot:
Looks very strong. I mean, its literally Corviknight. What more do you want. As for the Mega, it looks decent. Hits pretty hard, has good bulk, and the speed is passable, has Nasty Plo- Wait shit it has NP lmao get outta here

:igglybuff:/:zamazenta-crowned:
I'll never understand why this mon, only subbed to complete a duo, got so many votes. It's just a much worse Silvino-Mega that doesn't cost a mega slot, but it will only fit on stall anyways so the mega slot competition is meaningless at the moment. It has 0 utility beyond passing mid-HP wishes, 0 offensive presence, and can't pivot or knock like Silvino. I expect this to be a very mediocre momentum sink. Physical bulk is neat though, run helmet on it to eat u-turn or smth

:moltres-galar:/:arcanine:
Pretty neat, has like 20 sets. Best set I can see would be a bulky boots pivot set with STABs+Morning Sun+U-Turn or something like that, but there's still physical sets, nasty plot, etc. Should be a lot of fun.

:garbodor:/:zarude:
Boots pivot with spikes and great bulk go brrrr

:noivern:/:toxtricity:
It's basically a faster Toxtricity with a better defensive typing and roost. Should be a complete menace with a set like Boomburst/Overdrive/Heat Wave/Roost(Volt/U-Turn) and I expect good things out of it.

:ferroseed:/:shellos:
It's a fat passive hazard spitter

tldr; FEUU has terminal cancer pls it needs treatment

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gotta agree with the rest, as of right now the only heavily impacted mons are the two Normal types, and one is kinda ass regardless if this goes in. I also just dislike Pursuit and Hidden Power as concepts, so I usually try my best to form a meta that thrives without them (and I believe we have achieved that so far).

Anyways here are my sets

:Toxtricity: :Noivern:
Noicity @ Heavy Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave / Hurricane / U-turn
- Defog / Roost

This is probably the go to set for Noicity. Discharge is a powerful STAB option with added paralysis utility, Boomburst being far and away the strongest move in its arsenal for consistent damage. Heat Wave nails Steel types, while Hurricane is it's best option to smack SpD Jelliswine, who otherwise hard counters. Last slot is either Defog support or longevity. Being a fast revenge killer is amazing, even if it's unfortunately tied with Pigapult.

:Pidgeot: :Corviknight:
It's Corviknight. That's it. What adding Corviknight means for the tier is that hazard control is alot easier to add on, and the synergy it has with already existing Pokémon like Slowton (more on that) is excellent. It's Mega serves a completely different role however, and it's something I want to highlight as well.

Corvoet @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pressure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Flash Cannon
- Roost / Heat Wave / Taunt

An excellent Wallbreaker, Corveot Mega sets itself apart from recent addition Noicity with Nasty Plot, allowing it to bully defensive teams without prediction necessary. Probably S rank Slowton hard counters Corveot-Mega, but it still performs well in the metagame.

:Zarude: :Garbodor:

I am SOOOOO sorry I never intended for broken shit like Bulk Up Flame Orb or Rest + Bulk Up to be main stay sweeping sets on this mon. I just wanted a Spikes setter that could care less about wisps from the Ghost types it's supposed to check. We gonna fix that soon, but meanwhile, this mon is a super offensive pivot with great utility options like Spikes and U-turn to chip checks and pivot out of them respectively. All of our prevalent Steels can switch in on its STABs and Close Combat comfortably, so it definitely should work on Steel removal when building with this dude.

The rest are pretty cool (or Iggy, but it will be good mark my words) but I don't have much standout sets here.

Enjoy the next slate when it comes!

Ema Skye

Work!
Arctres is an amazing tool for this meta! The stats and movepool accomplish so much so I'm looking forward to using it.

Some set ideas:
  • Choice Band: STABs (Flare Blitz, Crunch) and 2 of: Extreme Speed, Close Combat, Play Rough, Wild Charge, Iron Head, Psychic Fangs, Sucker Punch, U-Turn and Brave Bird give it incredible coverage with its set, while also giving it a lot of options to be responsive to future meta threats.
  • Specs: STABs (Fiery Wrath, Fire Blast) and 2 of: Scorching Sands, Hurricane and U-Turn. Less options here, but notably gives it a Ground option.
  • Scarf: Just mix and match from the above.
  • Nasty Plot: Specs line up, but swap a coverage move for Nasty Plot
  • Howl: unfortunately, it's only physical boosting option to make use of that movepool.
  • Agility: Possibly not as good as other boosters, but could be combined with Nasty Plot for a double dance
  • Bulky: So many options. Wisp, Teleport, Morning Sun and Foul Play form the backbone, but it has lots of other options so it can be customizable.

Bobsican

Powerscaler at heart
is a Top Tiering Contributor
On my part, I really think that going with the National Dex format is a good idea in the long run, concepts related on moves such as Tail Glow (rip Xurkitree this gen), Pursuit (Ghosts are to be trapped in some way if you ask me), and some others would be lost. I'm sure some are already customized to the current format of no "legacy moves", even if megas are around regardless, but there's also an issue on this affecting subs that drop from main FE in the following slates, which were made with a full movepool in mind for some cases.

Anyways, here's a set

Igglyzenta-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Friend Shield
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
Stall mon, it can also act as a cleric with Wish if you're brave enought to hard-switch into something

Honestly I think not having the natdex moves come back is probably for the best. Granted I also don't really like hidden power as a concept so keeping it, pursuit, and return dexited is fine by me. Likewise we are in a very ghost heavy meta, and with pursuit comes one more way a lot of them are gonna get fucked over. I think sucker punch and knock off are fine ghostbusting tools already so pursuit just seems like a kick in the ectoplasmic balls.

Anyway
:igglybuff:/:zamazenta-crowned:
I'll never understand why this mon, only subbed to complete a duo, got so many votes. It's just a much worse Silvino-Mega that doesn't cost a mega slot, but it will only fit on stall anyways so the mega slot competition is meaningless at the moment. It has 0 utility beyond passing mid-HP wishes, 0 offensive presence, and can't pivot or knock like Silvino. I expect this to be a very mediocre momentum sink. Physical bulk is neat though, run helmet on it to eat u-turn or smth
I also agree with Earl, and FYI I did make and vote for the damn thing and in hindsight I should have changed my vote for that when igglycian was banned. This only existed to complete a duo. Not only is this duo never getting completed, simply because Igglycian-Crowned is too powerful, but like it really just is a worse mega silvino. I outright said that it would compete with silvino-steel in the role justification. Like I know compared to some of the other subs it's not doing much, but because of that its probably gonna end up like volquag.

Outside of that uhh let's see Mega Corveot looks like it is gonna just fucking takeover big bat's niche as a nasty plot set up sweeper and then some because it has big special attack. Honestly this thing is probably gonna get banned depending on how playtesting goes. Garbage Ape is gonna get nerfed so that's good. Spiky Slug looks like it'll be the new annoying wall. Actres and Noitricity are fine additions and I have no complaints with them.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's see what we have here.

:pidgeot::corviknight:
It's basically Corviknight with slighty better physical bulk and worse special bulk. It can check Lycanserker-Dusk, Dragontler, Tapu Lop, Miemie, Flaant, Yacian-Crowned and Stoutdrago, but it struggles against special variants of Chomplin, Dongoro, Grousle, Manicuno-Galar (with Fire Blast or when you don't run specially defensive). I think it's mostly going to be a physical wall since Slowton can help it out with checking those specially offensive Pokémon.

:pidgeot-mega::corviknight:
The Mega is incredible. It has good bulk for an offensive Pokémon, great speed tier in the tier and 135 SpA with No Guard and Hurricane. Oh wait, there's also Nasty Plot, yikes. So, if left unchecked it can practically win the game. Slowton and Silvino-Electric are the only Pokémon that can take +2 hits well and they can threaten to defeat it.

Vs Slowton
+2 252 SpA Corveot-Mega Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowton: 131-155 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Slowton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Corveot-Mega: 314-372 (94.8 - 112.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Vs Silvino-Electric
+2 252 SpA Corveot-Mega Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Silvino-Electric-Mega: 157-186 (38.8 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Silvino-Electric-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Corveot-Mega: 230-272 (69.4 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Here are some horrendous sets.
Corveot @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corveot @ Corveotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Corveot @ Corveotite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:igglybuff::zamazenta-crowned:
I don't know why I voted for it. There is nothing that it can do that Silvino-Steel-Mega can't do. The only thing it has going for it is better physical bulk and it doesn't need to Mega evolve. The former is a meh point since it isn't that much of a difference, but the latter point can be more useful, since you can mega evolve Corveot, Chomplin and a different Silvino form, for example Silvino-Electric to check Corveot-Mega. Although you can just use Slowton and use Silvino-Steel. Yeah this Pokémon isn't that good and it only has the "I'm a non-mega Fairy/Steel" niche. FE RU when?

252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Lycanserker-Dusk Close Combat vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Igglyzenta-Crowned: 100-118 (25.6 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Lycanserker-Dusk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Silvino-Steel-Mega: 121-143 (29.9 - 35.3%) -- 23.1% chance to 3HKO

Igglyzenta-Crowned @ Leftovers
Ability: Friend Shield
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:moltres-galar::arcanine:
My favourite addition from this slate. It is so versatile and good in everything it does. It has good overall stats. Its defensive stats with the ability make it really bulky and it has a great speed tier and its offenses are also good. It checks some Special Attackers, but isn't really a world beater in that regard. Still it is a force to be recken with and definetly has a place in the meta.

252 SpA Manicuno-Galar Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Arctres-Galar: 150-178 (39.1 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Not by any mean everything it can do, those are just examples.
Arctres-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Delibitate
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Arctres-Galar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Fiery Wrath
- Scorching Sands
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Teleport

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Fiery Wrath
- Morning Sun
- Nasty Plot

:garbodor::zarude:
I like the idea of this, but it seems to powerful as many people have mentioned above me. It has a really good typing and great stats. Great Hazard Setter and Pivot and potential Sweeper. I don't want to talk much about it, because I think that it will be nerfed. But yeah, it's a great mon and my second favourite addition.

Garborude @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Jungle Healing
- Spikes

Garborude @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

:noivern::toxtricity:
This thing is a fast nuke with a good offensive typing and a great ability. Boomburst, Overdrive and Hurricane are enough as coverage, but you can slap on Heat Wave if you want to, but I think you would rather use Roost, Volt Switch or even Defog on it. It has the second highest speed tier in the meta alongside Pigapult, but you can run a Mixed Shift Gear set. Only if you really want to.

Noicity @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hurricane
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

Noicity @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Noicity @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 216 Atk / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Rash Nature
- Discharge
- Boomburst
- Drain Punch
- Shift Gear

:shellos::ferroseed:
Yikes. What do we have here? Fantastic typing and bulk. What is there to say? Oh, yeah the movepool. It has so many options. Scald, Knock Off, Hazards, Recover, Status and Leech Seed. That's insane and it only has three weaknesses to Ground, Fighting and Electric. There are absolutely Pokémon that 1v1 it or threaten it out, but it walls many other Pokémon and can do whatever you need it to do.

You can run anything and Ferros will make it work.
Ferros @ Eviolite
Ability: Spiky Hold
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Ferros @ Eviolite
Ability: Spiky Hold
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

I have to agree with most people here. Going with the Regional Dex moves is better for this Mod. Pursuit can potentially kill the Viability of Pokémon that are weak to it, while Hidden Power makes Special Attackers unpredictable and they can potentially beat their checks. We really don't need Noicity and Corveot that can beat Slowton with HP Ground.

Anyways, here are my garbage thoughts.
Have a nice day and stay safe!
Cya!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)