Smogon Premier League XII - Week 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone on this thread is trying to make fun of me, but I should really be having the last laugh. I have a CAMERUPT-centered account on showdown (gen 3 OU) that is currently hovering around 1400-1450 ELO (reached a peak ELO of around 1600 back in late 2018) while using the EXACT same team for every match I play (everyone else is using all top-tier 'mons and also switching up their teams every other battle when battling me so when we rematch (which tends to happen because of a lack of players in gen3 OU), they memorize my team), not to mention I'm not even a part of the discord or any of the other stuff (so I don't find out about trends like offensive Vaporeon until much later than everyone else) and yet I STILL rarely see anyone here who has a 1500 ELO or better.

Most of the people in the gen3 viability thread have lost to my Camerupt team (and they're scared to admit it, but I recognize their usernames from Showdown) and yet behind their screens they laugh at me. Sad.
Relax Bro this is Just pokemon.
You need to eat a Lot of Rice and beans.
But hopefully one day get there.

And remember
when you think you have invented something.
We were here before you were born.

NetBattle - Porra
We= husk , @gofbal , @gigapush, @Mdragon,
@honsar, Loki, @Mekah, @G80,
Mystica, @veteraninlove, Mizuno,
Heysup, Gouki, Sapientia, Fear, JabbaTheGriffin ,@Jabba,
kaelll,

The most important.
Don't care what others say or think about your teams.
Play your game and have fun.

Last edited:
Everyone on this thread is trying to make fun of me, but I should really be having the last laugh. I have a CAMERUPT-centered account on showdown (gen 3 OU) that is currently hovering around 1400-1450 ELO (reached a peak ELO of around 1600 back in late 2018) while using the EXACT same team for every match I play (everyone else is using all top-tier 'mons and also switching up their teams every other battle when battling me so when we rematch (which tends to happen because of a lack of players in gen3 OU), they memorize my team), not to mention I'm not even a part of the discord or any of the other stuff (so I don't find out about trends like offensive Vaporeon until much later than everyone else) and yet I STILL rarely see anyone here who has a 1500 ELO or better.

Most of the people in the gen3 viability thread have lost to my Camerupt team (and they're scared to admit it, but I recognize their usernames from Showdown) and yet behind their screens they laugh at me. Sad.
I guess I'm not allowed to upload screenshots or mention names but I just had a guy on showdown who claimed he was a "top gen3 OU player" harass me after a battle and through PMs after I beat his "main" account with my Camerupt-centered team. He's claiming all the "top" players think I'm stupid but if that's the case, then the top players must be even worse than I thought. His "main" account's ELO was also much worse than my Camerupt-team too, so...

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I guess I'm not allowed to upload screenshots or mention names but I just had a guy on showdown who claimed he was a "top gen3 OU player" harass me after a battle and through PMs after I beat his "main" account with my Camerupt-centered team. He's claiming all the "top" players think I'm stupid but if that's the case, then the top players must be even worse than I thought.
They laugh at you because you are different... I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I guess I'm not allowed to upload screenshots or mention names but I just had a guy on showdown who claimed he was a "top gen3 OU player" harass me after a battle and through PMs after I beat his "main" account with my Camerupt-centered team. He's claiming all the "top" players think I'm stupid but if that's the case, then the top players must be even worse than I thought. His "main" account's ELO was also much worse than my Camerupt-team too, so...
Did you know in Ukraine that a pumpkin is used as a rejection method?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130890830

maxresdefault.jpg

flexing on ladder ELO be like

Vulpix03

is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RUPL Champion
Was asked to post oras predictions, since no one else does. Here you go!

Luigi 65 vs 35 London Beats
Luigi has had a great tournament. He has been bringing strong and creative teams and his play has been solid enough to get him a 5-2 record. London Beats is currently sitting at a decent 3-1 record, however I believe this is a bit deceiving. In his game against Frania he was extremely lucky; and when he played me I, in my current permatilted state of rage, forfeited a won game. His game against sjneider was also something you’d expect to see on the modern day oras ladder, not spl (I know, I’m in no position to talk, lul). That being said, I believe Luigi is the stronger player and will bring a team that can deal with any cheese that London Beats may bring. Unless London brings something unique that Luigi isn’t prepared for, this should be a convincing win.

Chaitanya 35 vs 65 Santu
This SPL certainly hasn’t been kind to Santu. He’s been getting unlucky and he definitely appears to be lacking motivation. Chaitanya on the other hand is making his SPL debut (I think?) and will be looking to turn the Scooter’s ORAS slot in a positive direction. This will be an interesting game, as Santu was recently traded from the Scooters, so these two players may know each other well. This recent trade drama may also motivate Santu to kick his former team’s ass. I personally believe ORAS is Chait’s weakest tier out of stour gens, and that Santu is the better player overall. I also don’t have much faith in the Scooters Oras building support. All that said, I think Chait will bring an underwhelming team, play a decent game, but ultimately lose to Santu’s more polished play and superior team choice.

BK 45 vs 55 xray
Highlight of the week. Xray has been impressive so far. He is ahead of the meta, bringing solid and fresh teams, and has been playing very well. BK is no slouch himself, sitting at a 4-2 record with wins against solid opponents. This will definitely be a close game. I think that matchup will most likely decide this game, as both players are similar in skill. Giving xray the edge as I favor his metagame knowledge and prep, and he seems to be a bit sharper playing wise in ORAS ou at the moment.

CrashinBoomBang 55 vs 45 Sjneider
It seems like every Sjneider game this SPL has just been “who has the bigger stroke” with sjneider’s opponents always finding new and creative ways to throw. Honestly man, you have a gift. CBB is not one to throw games, however. Similar to his fellow German xray, CBB is ahead of the meta and brings new and creative teams every week. His aggressive playstyle also benefits from this offense heavy metagame. This will definitely be a battle of Offense, and I think CBB has just been sharper this season. I’m kinda predicting a wash, although Sjneider is definitely talented so he could pull this one out.

ElectricityCat vs Dragon Claw
Not going to predict this game due to teammate bias, however I will leave some comments. Erz has had an up and down season, and will be looking to get the ball rolling as the Wolfpack make a push towards playoffs. Ecat started off shaky in his SPL debut, with nerves getting the better of him. With the Bigs eliminated however, Ecat will be able to get some low pressure experience under his belt. I think these two are very similar in playstyle and abilities, and as long as Ecat has his nerves under control this should be a fun one to watch. Predicting a crack head game.

ps. kalalokki is a virgin

Last edited:

Welli0u

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Due to fans asking, the Tribal Chief is posting his win by himself this time.

I don’t want to please them or anything but you know, you have to do the annoying stuffs even when you’re not the good guy nor the one who makes the show anymore.

7610BCDC-07A5-4B26-9439-10F7ED745478.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)