Sports MLB 2021

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With spring training officially underway (and Del Rio reminding me), it's time for this season's MLB thread.

I will renew the league (possibly later today) and begin going through and compiling last season's information.

Now as I end every seasons' opening post....

P L A Y B A L L !

biggie

champ
Los Banditos - biggie CLAIMED
VerlanderSelfieStick- Magnemite CLAIMED
Acuña Matata - Del Rio CLAIMED
Imanalt - Imanalt
Cap'nCrunch Sabathia - ButteredToast CLAIMED
Detective Kikuchi - BigBallerBrand CLAIMED
Gleybernator - cb aaron judge
Air Yordan - pookar CLAIMED
The Mookie Monster - Texas Cloverleaf CLAIMED
The Chosen Juan - Stallion CLAIMED

Here we go again, lads. I've tagged all the managers from the 2019 season, as we didn't compete last year. Let me know if you're in or not, as well as when you're available to draft.

I pretty much can't do Saturday nights and alternating weekdays as I'll be physically at work those days. But I'm pretty flexible otherwise.

Based on the conversation last year, we froze the player costs and eligibility so we'll be using 2019's costs as the baseline in addition to this year's projected costs.

Edit: Magnemite is the email address you sent me last year still good? For some reason I still have Kamran in your spot.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
Copy and paste from last year as we didn't do anything with this and it's not changing:

Current Team namePlayer NameYears Remaining
Los BanditosPatrick Corbin2
Los BanditosAdalberto Mondesi2
Acuna MatataCody Bellinger1
Acuna MatataTrevor Bauer2
Acuna MatataOzzie Albies1
Acuna MatataRonald Acuña Jr.1
Acuna MatataEugenio Suárez2
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaRhys Hoskins1
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaAaron Judge1
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaAndrew Benintendi1
Cap'nCrunch SabathiaChristian Yelich2
GleybernatorBlake Snell2
GleybernatorGleyber Torres2
GleybernatorGeorge Springer1
GleybernatorLuis Severino1
The Mookie MonsterMike Trout2
The Mookie MonsterVladimir Guerrero Jr.2
The Mookie MonsterEduardo Rodriguez2
The Mookie MonsterMookie Betts2
VerlanderSelfieStickAnthony Rendon1
VerlanderSelfieStickEloy Jiménez2
VerlanderSelfieStickLorenzo Cain2
VerlanderSelfieStickRich Hill1
ImanaltJ.T. Realmuto2
ImanaltJosé Ramírez1
ImanaltFreddie Freeman1
ImanaltAaron Nola1
ImanaltGerrit Cole2
ImanaltWalker Buehler2
Detective KikuchiMike Moustakas2
Detective KikuchiMarcell Ozuna1
Detective KikuchiTrevor Story2
Air YordanNoah Syndergaard2
Air YordanJose Altuve2
The Chosen JuanGerman Márquez2
The Chosen JuanJack Flaherty2
The Chosen JuanMike Clevinger2
The Chosen JuanChris Sale2
The Chosen JuanJuan Soto2
The Chosen JuanWhit Merrifield2

Anyone else on your final roster from last season has not been used as a keeper yet and is eligible to be kept for 3 years. If you have any problems with the list, let me know.

For reference, there are only 3 2 players being released back into the pool because they had been kept the full 3 years AND they ended the season on the same roster as the team that they were drafted onto. You guys really like to get around the whole 'release a player back into the pool' thing by trading them to another team. These 3 2 players are Gary Sanchez, Justin Verlander, and Daniel Murphy.

Edit: Magnemite is the email address you sent me last year still good? For some reason I still have Kamran in your spot.
yeah it's good, also i'm claiming my team that i still have not thought of a good name for

oh yeah i can also draft pretty much whenever but i'd like to know the time of day it will be a while in advance because my sleep schedule is a meme

Last edited:
Yeah buddy I'm in

I'm pretty flexible with times/days as usual as long as no conflict with another draft

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Do you still have that keepers cost spreadsheet biggie? I've decided on 3 keepers but can't pick the other two without remembering how much they'll cost me.

biggie

champ
Do you still have that keepers cost spreadsheet biggie? I've decided on 3 keepers but can't pick the other two without remembering how much they'll cost me.
The cost is still going to be dependent on what their projected cost for 2021 will be. We're only using the 2019 draft costs since 2020's draft was skipped. I don't know when you guys want me to do the cutoff for the projected costs, but it's usually not this early.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
are the reds supposed to be any good this year :smogthink:
Heard on the radio on the way to yoga class today: I don't know if another team has had a worse offseason than the Cincinnati Reds.

welp :blobshrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)