Tournament UUFPL - Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bw/Exploud: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!! :bw/Exploud:

The Player Louna has basically had no contact with me or with their manager since they failed to show up for a scheduled game in Week 1 (resulting in the tour's only unplayed game in two weeks), despite my pings and their manager's PMs (all which have gone unanswered). As such, it can only be assumed that for undisclosed reasons they are not interested in participating in this tournament. Louna has been dropped from UUFPL and is will be ineligible to run for President in 2024.

Tangela Ever After has been permitted to select another player from the pool as a replacement. Luirromen has indicated that he will select Mr.Bossaru as his replacement. Congratulations Mr.Bossaru you now have more obligations in life for the next few weeks.

Next week's lineups will be posted shortly.

WEEK 3 MATCHUPS!

:ss/Malamar: VS :ss/Lombre:
Tropical Malamar Militia v. Bad Lombres de Po Town
0 - 0

SS UU: ojr v. KarliTheFrenshie
SS UU: rinnegan418 v. Pannuracotta
SS UU: Mygrein v. EternalSnowman
SM UU: basaninho v. itsjustdrew
ORAS UU: CBU v. Lyss
BW UU: FU SHUN HA v. Lilburr
DPP UU: TMM v. jcbc
ADV UU: Mindnight v. Draphirion
GSC UU: Ewin v. Yami
RBY UU: pacattacc v. phoopes

:ss/Yanmega: VS :ss/Hippowdon:
Yanmegatron and the Destroyers v. Hungry Hungry Hippowdons
0 - 0

SS UU: naviii 1 v. gorex
SS UU: DKM v. ausma
SS UU: Fathiryxi v. Bandkrook
SM UU: GotCookies v. Staxi
ORAS UU: Cam v. Skysolo
BW UU: Rabia v. Abyssal Ruins
DPP UU: ara v. Estarossa
ADV UU: Mac3 v. Highways
GSC UU: cherryb0ng v. vani
RBY UU: Lusch v. EB0LA

:ss/Entei: VS :ss/Blipbug:
Entralink Enteis v. Blipbug City Battlegirls
0 - 0

SS UU: jeza.p v. Panther-T
SS UU: spatulakun v. pichus
SS UU: Prof.Otaku v. SBPC
SM UU: Adrift and Alone v. pokemonisfun
ORAS UU: toinha v. vivalospride
BW UU: faded love v. DnB
DPP UU: Drud v. Ramolost
ADV UU: zeefable v. Meri Berry
GSC UU: Diophantine v. Raahel
RBY UU: Plague von Karma v. AM

:ss/Tangela: VS :ss/Flapple:
Tangela Ever After v. Flapple Bottom Jeans
0 - 0

SS UU: Luirromen v. Maki
SS UU: JustFranco v. Vaboh
SS UU: KJLX v. QWILY
SM UU: Thiago Nunes v. Celebiii
ORAS UU: RaJ.Shoot v. Expulso
BW UU: Nalorium v. martha
DPP UU: luisotte v. Alkione
ADV UU: LpZ v. avarice
GSC UU: Amaranth v. Lord Thorx
RBY UU: Justamente v. ReeceHughes

This has also been copied to Post #3 here for easy access, and that is the post that will get updated with BOLDED results after each fight (when I see it)

DEADLINE TO COMPLETE ALL FIGHTS IS SUNDAY, APRIL 11 @ 10:00 PM EDT (Eastern), 7:00 PM PDT, 2:00 AM GMT

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

HOST WEEKLY INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
(Team Power Rankings Update will come after this week)

:ss/Pyukumuku: :ss/Scyther: :ss/Scizor: :ss/Pyukumuku:

Each week I may or may not will rank Top 10 SS, and Top 5 of the other tiers, based on who is playing for that week. This will be based on a combination of various factors, including but not limited to how well they played in the previous week.

INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS FOR WEEK 3

1. JustFranco
  2. Luirromen
  3. ojr
  4. naviii 1
  5. Maki
  6. EternalSnowman
  7. Pannuracotta
  8. Panther-T
  9. jeza.p
  10. gorex

1. pokemonisfun
  2. Thiago Nunes
  3. basaninho
  4. Adrift and Alone
  5. itsjustdrew

1. CBU
  2. Lyss
  3. vivalospride
  4. Skysolo
  5. Cam

1. Lilburr
  2. DnB
  3. Abyssal Ruins
  4. Rabia
  5. faded love

1. Estarossa
  2. Ramolost
  3. Alkione
  4. luisotte
  5. ara

1. Highways
  2. LpZ
  3. Avarice
  4. zeefable
  5. Meri Berry

1. Lord Thorx
  2. Diophantine
  3. Ewin
  4. vani
  5. Amaranth

1. EB0LA
  2. Lusch
  3. Plague von Karma
  4. pacattacc
  5. phoopes

:ss/Pyukumuku: :ss/Scizor: QUARTER 2 TEAM POWER RANKINGS :ss/Pyukumuku: :ss/Scizor:
Sponsored by Skittles - Taste the Rainbow :Skiddo:

We have two weeks in the books, and it's time for a second edition of the OFFICIAL unofficial HOST POWER RANKINGS for TEAMS! These were prepared by 9 different subcommittees inside of the UUFPL Vault, carefully examined, and finalized for you to read or ignore:

:ss/Yanmega: #1 (+4): Yanmegatron and the Destroyers - This team lost its manager before Week 1 even ended but still ended up pulling off the win. They then faced the hottest team in Week 2, the Malamar Militia, and forced a tie while saccing GSC as a tier. Now, after trading for cherryb0ng, they have a more complete team that easily makes them capable of winning any given matchup. Amukamara is so confident in his new team that he benched himself this week to help them glue together. Ara has been surprising at DPP, and Rabia has won both of his BW games. If Cam, Liam, and Navii can stay focused they will be favored in every matchup moving forward. They just need to figure out what their real rotation of players is for SS and ADV and they almost have this tour in the bag, close it shut.

:ss/Malamar: #2 (+1): Tropical Malamar Militia - After a dominating performance in Week 1, where they won 9-1 and made everyone believe they were an unstoppable force, they were forced to come back from behind just to tie in Week 2. Overall they have a solid lineup across all their tiers, with Solonor24 taking command of ADV with a 2-0 record, CBU taking command of ORAS with a 2-0 record, and Ewin performing surprisingly well in GSC and exceeding all expectations to a 2-0 record as well. What's holding them back from the top slot is that, while they have decent players in all slots, a lot of their players also have the potential to underperform. Ojr, while sporting a solid record, is lucky to be 2-0 since his win in Week 1 was a gift courtesy of a team building gaffe on his opponent. Their other SS players can also be inconsistent. They have 0 wins in two weeks out of the DPP slot. Not a bad team though, and I expect them to continue to perform very well.

:ss/Entei: #3 (-2): Entralink Enteis - They were the favored team to open up the season at the top of the Power Rankings, and immediately suffered a 1-9 loss in Week 1. But they bounced back with an 8-2 win in Week 2 to nearly erase their differential, and made many key roster improvements to stabilize their tiers. Trading away cherry was unfortunate, but now Diophantine is free to play GSC every week and is arguably the best player in that slot (as long as he actually plays his games). They also bring in Zeefable to run their ADV tier, which, while not an ADV superstar by any means, is competent enough to handle the tier exclusively moving forward, giving them solid consistency. Drud can now also play DPP exclusively, which is one of his better tiers. Plague von Karma and Shellnuts will continue to hold down the RBY slot pretty decisively, and they have a great SS + SM rotation. Basically, if they can figure out how to maximize their ORAS + BW slots, and really get a firm grip on their SS rotation, they can beat anyone in this tour.

:ss/Hippowdon: #4 (+3): Hungry Hungry Hippowdons - Yeah so they're currently at the top of the standings. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? They beat probably the worst team in Week 1 by a 6-4 margin, and then beat what the committee currently has as the second worst team in Week 2 by another 6-4 margin. Their record is 2-6 in SS + SM and I don't really see that improving as the season goes on. Their oldgens are great - EB0LA will probably win RBY every single week, and Highways could also win ADV every week now that he's already beat pokemonisfun. Estarossa is arguably the best DPP player in the tour, although he did just lose last week. I'm not sold on vani but he's at least solid in GSC and has decent team support. This formula though of ignoring certain tiers just does not seem to cut it long-term though - if they are going to have a chance, they are going to have to actually have their SS players get better as players as the season goes on so that they can win just a little more reliably. If that happens, and they actually beat some good teams, then I will finally start to believe in the hippos. But moving up from #7 to #4 is still impressive.

:ss/Flapple: #5 (+1): Flapple Bottom Jeans - There isn't much to say about the Flapples here - they are still undefeated (with a win and tie), and they have had some pleasant surprises. Maki has been playing like an SS UU Mainer, and Lord Thorx has turned out to be one of the top - if not the top - GSC player in the pool. The rest of their team has a lot of question marks though, and I struggle to see how they can continue to win consistently. Expulso in ORAS sounds like it could work but we will need to see another game or two to see just how that may play out. Other than Maki, their SS rotation is incredibly inconsistent and it seems like a mystery who will be playing in those slots. They have yet to win an SM or BW game, and Reece, while a great GSC player, is probably not going to cut it against the stacked RBY pool now that the Battlegirls matchup is over. If martha can get a better grip on BW and Expulso can offer consistency in ORAS then this team does have the potential to move up. But we'll see.

:ss/Lombre: #6 (-2): Bad Lombres de Po Town - Well, this isn't working out like they hoped. After surviving with a tie in Week 1, they got blown out by the Enteis in Week 2. They don't seem to have any GSC players and Yami is just sacrificing that tier and playing it to spare the rest. They also don't seem to have any ADV players besides Yami. AND they also don't really seem to have any reliable DPP players. So basically it will come down to Lilburr + Lyss trying to win all of their BW + ORAS games, Drew trying to recapture his former glory and win consistently in SM, EternalSnowman coming out of this funk and playing like he is capable of playing, and Pannu continuing what appears to be a surprisingly good season. If all of this happens, they can compensate for the rest and move up in the rankings as the season goes on.

:ss/Tangela: #7 (-5): Tangela Ever After - The Fairy Tale is over folks. This team is 0-2 and in shambles. But it's not a lost cause yet. They got unlucky in that their primary RBY player just disappeared, costing them an ACT loss in Week 1 (the only unplayed game of the tour for all teams), and forcing their backup Justamente to step in as the main. The good news is this: Amaranth can offer great support for RBY and Justamente did win one game against EB0LA, who by the way is a very good RBY UU player. JustFranco and Luirromen are probably Top #1 and #2 in the overall SS Rankings at the moment. LpZ is a very good oldgens player and almost beat Highways last week. And Thiago Nunes seems to be able to beat anyone when he's in a groove. But it probably stops there: Nalorium has been very disappointing in BW and there are not many easy opponents left in that pool moving forward. They have no wins in ORAS either and that pool is one of the most intimidating. Luckily they picked up a new player in Mr.Bossaru that seems to play everything, so hopefully this new flexibility allows them to set their lineups more fluidly in the matchups to come.

:ss/Blipbug: #8 (+0): Blipbug City Battlegirls - Well, they were ranked #8 at the start of the season. And there doesn't seem to be much reason to change it at this point as they are at the bottom of the standings. However, they actually seem to be outperforming expectations in some aspects which is surprising. DnB, for example, has become a very reliable BW player that has saved them from being in a bigger hole than -4 differential. Meri Berry is also 2-0, which is a big help considering the SS slots were not high on the Battlegirls priority list. Realistically speaking though, they are not going to win many weeks when pokemonisfun is losing (he is 0-2). I only see them capable of winning a week when both pokemonisfun and vivalospride win their games - they spent too much money there and it's way too much to ask the rest of the team to pick up the slack if those two don't win. Their RBY tier is basically a throw-away as they already passed their Reece matchup and lost, and the rest of the teams get much tougher in that area. Raahel is probably playing GSC every week since nobody else seems to be able to slot in there. Other than RBY, GSC , and BW, The rest of the lineup is honestly a puzzle - I couldn't tell you who would be playing what tier 3 weeks from now, especially considering viv and pif are both SS eligible as well. If there is absolutely any hope with this team, it's going to have to come down to Ramolost filling up his lineup perfectly for the specific matchups to maximize the probability of a win for each week. It's possible. Let's see what happens.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Once again, in conjunction with BigFatMantis and faded love, I am back with the Week 2 UUFPL recap. I also included predictions for week 3. This is quite literally a movie. Next week I'm going to try to keep it to 40 minutes covering matches for less time and sticking more to the general overview; covering how successful our predictions were, and predicting for the next week. As always I appreciate any sort of feedback.

As Viv would say, streets fed. Enjoy!

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
8 - 2
SS UU: ojr v. KarliTheFrenshie I've been supporting the French players
SS UU: rinnegan418 v. Pannuracotta I love Naruto it's a great show.
SS UU: Mygrein v. EternalSnowman We shall see, as Spring moves along, if the snow can stay eternal
SM UU: basaninho v. itsjustdrew Drew is good but basa is top tier
ORAS UU: CBU v. Lyss I once showed CBU a Nasty Plot / Agility Noctowl set when Pelipper was legal and that was the one and only time he was actually impressed with my building skills. Naturally I didn't tell him I stole it from the ladder or some other bozo but ever since, I don't seem to impress me. His best compliment to me is I'm "better than Ramolost." Anyways, I'll vote for him here to regain his respect.
BW UU: FU SHUN HA v. Lilburr Obviously I could vote for the TL, but nobody gets anything for predicting a TL win
DPP UU: TMM v. jcbc I follow TMM on instagram and I only follow two types of accounts: cute cats and above average looking men
ADV UU: Mindnight v. Draphirion Mindnight is winner of UU tour last year and clearly goat. I like Draph too but he can't bring Drapion since his username sound like it.
GSC UU: Ewin v. Yami Yams are healthy, I used to eat them for breakfast
RBY UU: pacattacc v. phoopes When pacman was the google doodle I spent literally hours of my life on that. I'm not proud of that!

5 - 5
SS UU: naviii 1 v. gorex Gorex more like gowrecks
SS UU: DKM v. ausma 3 letter username
SS UU: Fathiryxi v. Bandkrook I just beat some guy using band krook on the ladder by tanking a hit with Glowbro, that was funny so bandkrook must be bad
SM UU: GotCookies v. Staxi I've been wanting to purchase cookies for ages but they are just so bad for you.
ORAS UU: Cam v. Skysolo People tried to cancel Cam but as a 3 letter username he preservers
BW UU: Rabia v. Abyssal Ruins I've been bolding too many people on the left
DPP UU: ara v. Estarossa Estarossa is my friend and might promote me in PS UU room if I bold him
ADV UU: Mac3 v. Highways highways beat me week 1 and it's fun to watch his interactions with HS. Very wholesome.
GSC UU: cherryb0ng v. vani I honestly hate cherries they don't taste good and the pit is annoying
RBY UU: Lusch v. EB0LA pokemon is a luck game anyways whatever

6 - 4
SS UU: Luirromen v. Maki idk
SS UU: JustFranco v. Vaboh JustFranco is a PS UU room regular which I support
SS UU: KJLX v. QWILY Qwilfish was on my first UU stall team which I made in gen4. I had a suicide lead. Naturally I peaked that ladder (on teamubers). Good times!
SM UU: Thiago Nunes v. Celebiii Celebi is NU now lol
ORAS UU: RaJ.Shoot v. Expulso Expulso is in the PS uu room
BW UU: Nalorium v. martha I'm tired of everyone simpling for martha, Nalorium sounds like a cool name
DPP UU: luisotte v. Alkione Alkione is my good friend and good at mons
ADV UU: LpZ v. avarice Avarice beat me week 2
GSC UU: Amaranth v. Lord Thorx idk
RBY UU: Justamente v. ReeceHughes idk, his name sounds kind of spanish, in the interest of diversity, I vote for him

CBU

Banned deucer.
8 - 2
SS UU: ojr v. KarliTheFrenshie I've been supporting the French players
SS UU: rinnegan418 v. Pannuracotta I love Naruto it's a great show.
SS UU: Mygrein v. EternalSnowman We shall see, as Spring moves along, if the snow can stay eternal
SM UU: basaninho v. itsjustdrew Drew is good but basa is top tier
ORAS UU: CBU v. Lyss I once showed CBU a Nasty Plot / Agility Noctowl set when Pelipper was legal and that was the one and only time he was actually impressed with my building skills. Naturally I didn't tell him I stole it from the ladder or some other bozo but ever since, I don't seem to impress me. His best compliment to me is I'm "better than Ramolost." Anyways, I'll vote for him here to regain his respect.
BW UU: FU SHUN HA v. Lilburr Obviously I could vote for the TL, but nobody gets anything for predicting a TL win
DPP UU: TMM v. jcbc I follow TMM on instagram and I only follow two types of accounts: cute cats and above average looking men
ADV UU: Mindnight v. Draphirion Mindnight is winner of UU tour last year and clearly goat. I like Draph too but he can't bring Drapion since his username sound like it.
GSC UU: Ewin v. Yami Yams are healthy, I used to eat them for breakfast
RBY UU: pacattacc v. phoopes When pacman was the google doodle I spent literally hours of my life on that. I'm not proud of that!

5 - 5
SS UU: naviii 1 v. gorex Gorex more like gowrecks
SS UU: DKM v. ausma 3 letter username
SS UU: Fathiryxi v. Bandkrook I just beat some guy using band krook on the ladder by tanking a hit with Glowbro, that was funny so bandkrook must be bad
SM UU: GotCookies v. Staxi I've been wanting to purchase cookies for ages but they are just so bad for you.
ORAS UU: Cam v. Skysolo People tried to cancel Cam but as a 3 letter username he preservers
BW UU: Rabia v. Abyssal Ruins I've been bolding too many people on the left
DPP UU: ara v. Estarossa Estarossa is my friend and might promote me in PS UU room if I bold him
ADV UU: Mac3 v. Highways highways beat me week 1 and it's fun to watch his interactions with HS. Very wholesome.
GSC UU: cherryb0ng v. vani I honestly hate cherries they don't taste good and the pit is annoying
RBY UU: Lusch v. EB0LA pokemon is a luck game anyways whatever

6 - 4
SS UU: Luirromen v. Maki idk
SS UU: JustFranco v. Vaboh JustFranco is a PS UU room regular which I support
SS UU: KJLX v. QWILY Qwilfish was on my first UU stall team which I made in gen4. I had a suicide lead. Naturally I peaked that ladder (on teamubers). Good times!
SM UU: Thiago Nunes v. Celebiii Celebi is NU now lol
ORAS UU: RaJ.Shoot v. Expulso Expulso is in the PS uu room
BW UU: Nalorium v. martha I'm tired of everyone simpling for martha, Nalorium sounds like a cool name
DPP UU: luisotte v. Alkione Alkione is my good friend and good at mons
ADV UU: LpZ v. avarice Avarice beat me week 2
GSC UU: Amaranth v. Lord Thorx idk
RBY UU: Justamente v. ReeceHughes idk, his name sounds kind of spanish, in the interest of diversity, I vote for him

the sole reason you aren't the only person to have won 3 UU circuit tours in the same year,breaking my own record of 2 in the process, is because you didn't bother to show up in the finals. Your results will always have my respect; just as your building tendencies will never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)