Fille3000
Alkione3000
Mindnight3000
Scraftionite3000
roxiee3000
Ron 503000
Nalorium3000
Pannuracotta3000

Most of teams look pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing line-ups.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
ZU and NFE Draft Rankings:

Worst to best. I won't include my team in these for obvious reasons; we sawk.

ZU:
Mankey Monkes: This was looking really, really tough for this team until they picked up a much needed Hitmonstars as the last. I would have some big concerns if it wasn't for his addition, as the other two likely starters, yovan3321 and afruitshopowner, could have struggled on their own. Both are good picks but yovan's unorthodox teambuilding approach makes his teams hit or miss, and fruits has been dormant for the while this gen so really who knows the performance here. The team is an army, and while there's still a lot of great potential players like Alkione, there's an integral lack of consistent / established gen8ZU credibility. I imagine (and hope) that the players figure stuff out and the team pulls through eventually.
Zealous Zweilous: These guys are also a close 5th, but I suppose it depends on how they allocate their resources. By the looks of it, every potential ZU player, especially Landon and Greybaum, could play another tier. Those two will likely be great for both starting and building, but Grey has expressed some discontent actually playing ZU this tour and thus might be a better NFE fit. Pattek might have a good shot at starting, Pileo is also probs an NFE player, and Sificon could do either tier as well. It's definitely a little awkward for these guys on the ZU side of things but they'll likely manage well enough; watch out for burnout, I think there's potential for that as well here.
Star Road Lunala: Czim + who? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that xavgb will actually play ZU here because their NFE is stacked and they really need another player here; stresh could probs pick up the tier with good czim builds. If that happens, then I'd say this team has a great shot at #2 as well, but if the second slot is Aaronboyer or Hys then I'd be more concerned. Slot 1 is a lock but idk what they're gonna do for slot 2, and unless they figure it out naturally and have a good solution, they may have more probs. At least there's not a building issue here, I'd imagine, unless czim gets burned out later.
Aesthetic Articunos: Manager Toto with the players of 5gen + Oranberryblissey10 + quagsgone + tlenit1 + gglrg is a real cool combo. There's a great balance of builders, mainers, and established ZU tour players. Some concern comes from, again, an NFE overlap, but that shouldn't hurt that bad when 5gen is a lock for slot 1 and slot 2 has good options. These guys could be a great contender for #2 here as well, but it depends on where tlenit goes, if oran + quag spend enough time on ZU and not just NFE, and if gglrg come through what I believe is their first team tour run; grtz btw! :>
Gliding Grookeys: Small team but managed to pull off a pretty good ZU front. Again like the former, this could change depending how they work out the NFE / ZU overlaps, although this team looks a little cleaner / natural in that regard. 85percent + BloodAce + manager QT himself will likely do a great job building and testing. I imagine the ZU players could be pinkdragontamer, TJ, and Evigaro on the tourplayer side of things, but also likely Blood if he wants to; I'm just saying Blood room to swap to NFE if the team needs. I like the balance of tour players + mains and they'll likely do a great job, good runners for best ZU record honestly, and my only concerns are: 1.) overlap leading to burnout, and 2.) tour players having an awkward time in a ZU meta where there's hidden threats everywhere. These concerns aren't that big though so I wouldn't stress too much right off the bat, but late-tour they may bubble up, we'll see.

NFE:
Zealous Zweilous: By the looks of it, Greybaum might be the best ZU player for slot 2, but he's also for sure the best for NFE slot 1. CrazyStevy and Pileosand are good but not incredibly established in gen8NFE. I think they'll do decently but they could have totally benefited from another top player for the second slot + less overlap to make the NFE process comfier. If they overcome these flaws and prove themselves then maybe #4 or #3 would work as well.
Mankey Monkes: Skysolo + ojr with Marjane helping test and build. Not bad, nothing too stellar though. I think that the team will do totally fine here and not worry that much about overlap or burnout in this regard, but it would have been nice if there was an extra support or super star NFE player to lock one of the slots.
Aesthetic Articunos: Like their ZU, the other half of their NFE looks just average to me. The first half, and honestly maybe as fas as three quarters, Quagsgone, is legit a lock. Quag alone really pulls here, and I also like the looks of professor tox + obb doin well here too.
Gliding Grookeys: Very similar balance as I described for their ZU front. I like that there's likely starters like monsareeasy to rely on and the same builders + tour players combo from ZU also works for NFE. That could lead to some really good synergy, so I think there's a ton of potential here.
Star Road Lunala: King Leo + hys starting with stresh in the back for support / swapping WTF!!! Legit broken. Only thing holding this team back is that stresh is likely playing ZU, so it's not too probable for a triple threat to prepare for on the NFE front. Not much more to say other than that there are 3 relevant, established, and great gen8NFE players together, which is about as perfect as you could ask for, and comparatively other teams struggle with overlap / misrepresentation.

hayedenn

forgotten me already?
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
tox's nfe draft rankings

just a reminder these are MY opinions, don't @ me on discord all pissy that u don't like my opinions like some of u guys did when i ranked the mock drafts

nfe drafts by team - likely starters are bolded

We Sawk
- Ho3nConfirm3d, melancholy hills, Rav3ndan

Mankey Monkes
- Skysolo, ojr, velvet, fille

Star Road Lunala
- King Leo V, hys, xavgb

Gliding Grookey
- frisoeva, 85percent, monsareeasy

Zealous Zweilous
- Greybaum, pileosand, CrazyStevy

Aesthetic Articuno
- tlenit, quagsgone, professor tox, OranBerryBlissey10 (haha u ain't finding out shit)

team grades

:sawk:
I'd give this draft a B. Ho3n is obviously great support, and while I don't really know melancholy I'm confident Ho3n wouldn't draft someone awful at the tier lmao. Rav is good backup, I'm just not sure if Ho3n is going to be able to provide all of the NFE support on his own or if Rav will help with teambuilding and such. Good amounts of creativity, would have just liked to see a more splashy second NFE slot and/or backup choice.
:mankey:
Solid A right here. Skysolo and ojr are both very solid, with Marjane providing support and velvet also there as a potential second NFE slot choice. I see this as a really consistent 1-1 at worst duo with both more than capable of getting a win and I know all three are creative builders. Fille is also here as a possible rotation choice (marj told me not to sleep on them) or possibly starting? Idk apparently they're good
:lunala:
A+. I don't see xavgb starting in NFE but fortunately Lunala's got two more great NFE players in hys and Leo. Both are really solid players and builders, and with support from stresh I don't see why they shouldn't be able to succeed.
:grookey:
B+/A-. Friso is really great, and with 85 in the second slot who's a great builder and player themselves this will be a great combo. I haven't seen friso build much NFE lately but 85 is more than capable of putting out two great teams a week. I'm interested to see what they come up with and what cool new sets they'll bring. I'm a little worried about potential burnout from 85 so it'll be interesting to see if he ends up being rotated out for Arctic later on in the tourney. Still, even if he isn't playing I know he'll bring some great teams.
:zweilous:
B/B-. Greybaum is a solid #1 but I'm a little tentative on pileo/stevy as second choices. Along with that, their support here for NFE is a little iffy as well. Greybaum can build and test their own teams but I think for pileo and stevy to reach their full potential, they need more support than just one person. I hope they do well, but I'm not sure if they've been put in the best position to do well.
:articuno:
I'd give my own team a solid A for their draft, although I do recognize that I am perhaps a bit biased. tlenit is obviously a great nfe player and he made winter open finals (?) it was a recent tour idr specifics. quags, myself, and oran are all solid second choices and I think there's enough creativity and building ability to bring some fire stuff every week. I will say, I agree with Ho3n that the ZU/NFE crossover could get a little messy but I'm sure it can be managed as long as what everyone is playing and supposed to be working on is clear every week. I'm a fan lmao

thanks for reading, I would like to post weekly thoughts on all the games as long as it doesn't take up too much time and energy. good luck, these are all some really interesting teams and I'm excited to see what people come up with every week. cheers

making this bc no one else has and u need 100 posts for a namechange lmao (p.s. im only using pl V results bc i cant be bothered to find pl IV records)

1v1 Team Power Rankings

5 - Gliding Grookey
This was an interesting choice by managers, drafting Close as the most expensive (and best) 1v1 player in the pool and then one other player with no subs. He'll likely stomp every other player in the pool so the real determining factor for Grookey's success is if Itchyy can keep up with him and keep the team's overall 1v1 record from flatlining at 5-5. If not, they really have no other options.

4 - We Sawk!
Managers just looked at the list of 1v1 room mods and took all of them, despite a less than amazing performance in the latest 1v1 pl. Starting lineup of smely/eblurb is good on paper, with boat and Mubs in the back for support, but neither of the latter main ss and the former 2 went negative in the most recent installment of 1v1 pl (eblurb totally played ss). Even so there is strength in numbers and they are not lacking in metagame knowledge so they take 4th place.

3 - Manke Monkes
Bopher prep is always amazing, especially on a team with Scraftionite (1v1 circuit champ btw) and they have good synergy together as a bonus. Scraft's motivation will play the deciding factor here for sure, if he decides to tryhard he and bopher could have the best record of any 1v1 core, and if not, he can always be subbed out for Krytocon. Motivated Scraft+motivated bopher=gg ez

2 - Aesthetic Articunos
LRXC and Potatochan are a cracked prep combo that can win a lot of matches in builder as well as outpick in the games themselves. LRXC has been tryharding learning ss as of late and it shows, he's cranking out 2-3 teams a day for fun and is gonna have 50k lines in his channel by the end of umpl. Potatochan prep carried Finch (a man who has never touched 1v1 in his life) in 1v1 pl to a record of 6-3, so him feeding teams to people who have experience playing is deadly. Yami is another potential starter with a 2-1 ss record last pl and Bilbooo rounds out the roster as a sub if things get rocky.

1 - Zealous Zweilous
Who let this happen? Core of Fragments/Mishlef/Maki with zio in the back building? Incredible prep with 3 incredible clickers who can build as well, this is honestly ridiculous. Fragments went on an undefeated streak in pl until Slakings steam ran out and building crashed, Mishlef rolled through bopher and Dennis (and some others) in bo7s and Maki only played one two ss games and won (vs Dennis again) so they have a 100% ss winrate :100 emoji:. Trashuny rounds out the 1v1 core as a solid sub if players lose steam, but if they tryhard and stay motivated the entire tour they have no chance of not coming in 1st. Oh I also totally forgot about PA he's a god and somehow makes Zweilous' lineup even more absurd. How the hell did you guys let this happen.

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Shout outs! Sawks, getting to the semis wasn't that bad, and we were a game away from a tiebreaker! We had such a great start and I think it was just hard for us to keep the momentum up. I want to personally apologize for my performance for the latter half of the tour, and I just ended up being spread thin + was running on fumes playing in a clearly broken NFE metagame; hopefully it'll be better for OMPL lol. Anyways, here's the shout outs I promised:
Boat thanks a ton for the 1v1 help and picking up as my assman after Gaurd dipped. You're the goat for that!
Mubs GETS DUBS. Great performance man, came in clutch in the semi's and i just wish I coulda helped you out more.
smely socks Thanks a ton for all the work and wins in the early weeks. I know some stuff came up later but you did awesome when we did have you in.
eblurb Sorry for the sub the one week I had you in, and don't worry about that last week. Just bad timing for us and I wish you luck in future 1v1 tours.
Geysers You did great man, I really needed someone in the AG department to trust and you were my go-to!
Rotten Can't thank you enough for your work and coming in mid-season. We absolutely needed all the help we could get at that point and you did everything we needed and more.
Maxomega Beksel I need to apologies for not getting you guys in :( It ended up being a prob on my end and I wish I was more forward week 5 for putting you guys in when our playoff chances were practically confirmed either way. Still, thank you for staying around being available as subs when needed!
Rav3ndan NFE goat. Great record and it's a T R A V E S T Y no one picked you up for OMPL. Keep your head up champ you deserve more and I hope we can play again together in another NFE team tour.
melancholy hills I'm happy you reached out to me before the season, and even if we didn't get you in as much as you deserved I'm still happy to have had you on the team.
Tuthur I know you may have felt bad about your record / performance but we still needed your help and work with the team. You're the best man and I'll always be happy to have you on my ZU teams!
Feliburn always a pleasure to play with you! I know this is the only second time I managed with you as a ZU player but you pick up the tier so well that I have nothing but praise and approval.
daniYSB smells. jk you're still the one of the best in any meta you play. Kill it in NUPL man.
PandaDoux Rellia Thanks helpers :) I always appreciate anyone willing to join the team and help out wherever, even if it doesn't look like much it still means a lot to me!

and Guard if you ever come back, man, it's all good. No hard feelings whatsoever. I just hope the best for you and that you're happy with whatever you're up to now.

For a team named "We Sawk!" we still made it to the mother. fucking. SEMIS!!! That's hype ya'll. Thanks for playing and I hope to see ya all in next year's tour.
wefj.gif

Sawks out :>​

Last edited:
UMPL is now over and its been a blast. When I signed up to manage I never thought I would even get picked as I was severely underqualified for the role as I had no experience whatsoever but I'm super glad I got the opportunity. You have to start somewhere I guess. Now onto the results of the tour we made finals with an undefeated run in the regular season! I'm still not quite sure how we did this as I would have said our team was the 3rd or 4th best team on paper in the power ranking after the draft. That's the great thing about team tours though, it doesn't matter who has the best team on paper its all about creating a nice environment at atmosphere for your players so they are motivated and can perform at their best. The reason for success might also be because I took Apagogie approach from ZUPL. Now time to move onto the stars of the show of this tour, the players!

apagogie.PNG

:articuno: 5gen
5goat, Mr 6-0. Where do I start with this man. He's been amazing this tour. Really great team presence, friendly user and I'm glad I got to know him a little bit more this tour. Great builder, always building around 5 teams each week using heat stuff every week.
:articuno: Quagg
QuaGG. Also really great team presence and friendly user. Number 1 tester of the team and having that ZU/NFE crossover was really helpful. Great team player and always watching all the games to support his teammates even if he had to stay up to 2am. Also appreciate saying gm at 6am everyday.
:articuno: professor tox
Super motivated user and built a million teams each week. Which often resulted in a team crisis but in worked out well in the end as they had a positive record in what I believe was their first team tour, so grats! Also I think they were shadow manager but tox denies it.
:articuno: OranBerryBlissey10
Goat Oran went undefeated throughout the tour. You were a great helper and tester for both nfe and zu. Next time when I draft you i promise ill put you on the starting lineup :). Also did I mention oran went underfeated?
:articuno: tlenit
Taught me alot about how tour policy and how tours work thanks to his large experience. Sorry you had to play a broken nfe metagame and didn't get the record you deserved. I'm sure you would have much rather played ZU (which is also broke btw, ban terrain).
:articuno: Potatochan
This man is a machine, pumping about teams like his life depends on it. If only he could be good at scheduling he would be the perfect player . Also helped test nfe, nfe main Potatochan confirmed!? Absolute steal btw for 5K for the amount of effort he put in.
:articuno: LRXC
Talking about steals, this was not one of them. Do I win a prize for having the most expensive bench? It definitely is gold plated.
:articuno: Yami
Yami I know you were having a tough time irl and not feeling the best throughout this tour but you stepped up when we needed you the most and always managed to find time for your games. You were a great member of the team and I hope you start felling better soon
:articuno: Bilbooo
Maybe the best steal of the tour? 3k rookie going 2-0 against some of the best 1v1 players in the pool. If you thought potachon prepped alot, this man was on the next level! Even in week 1 when you were benched your dedication to helping was insane. Hope your doing ok and come back soon.
:articuno: WSun1
Local likewhore of the team and also a decent ag player :) You played super well throughout the tour and a 3-3 record doesn't do it justice. Just got unlucky with some bad luck and matchups.
:articuno: Bread Sandwich
Another solid ag player with a 3-3 record. We didn't talk much throughout the tour but you always got your builds and games done. I kinda left ag out on its own so that's my bad as I manager. I should have drafted more ag support.
:articuno: gglrg
The greg nickname was born from this tour. I need say nothing more. Good job greg.
:totodile: Albinson gorex terreitor
Although by the end of the tour we had many helpers, these 3 were here from the start and helped in any ways they can. Whether than was helping with builds and test, coming allong and being cheerleaders for the games or just being a nice presence in the discord, It was much appreictaed!
:totodile: Jamez
Finally the last shoutout goes to jamez. I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. Your have previous experience managing and winning 1v1pl came in handy. You were able to send in the lineup when I wasn't around and also being -4 timezone helped for when the games were late for europe. So big shoutout to you!

Overall I'm super proud of this team and it was a really nice experience getting to meet lots of new people that I wouldn't have otherwise. Lastly thank you to apagogie, jett and cromagnet for being great hosts!

100%.gif

Last edited:
And now for my shoutouts.

Catalystic thanks for being my comanager here. Having you onside to bounce ideas off was a huge help during the lead up to the draft, as well as during, and you were always available to help in AG to reinforce our position as best AG draft. You were a positive presence every week, and I knew if something happened and I was unavailable I could count on you to take up the role that week, be it for lineups, subs, or whatever.

Close you were one of the highest rated 1v1 players on my list going into the draft, and given your performance I feel validated in that choice. You never flinche away from taking on some of the toughest competition in the tour, and your builds were always something fresh and interesting. I know we didn't really fit room in the draft to get the 1v1 support we should have, but you helped fill that gap week after week.

Itchyy it might have seemed crazy to put a 3k player as a starter, but I knew from 1v1pl you had what it takes and your low profile was a result of them sleeping on your talent. You proved that trust right several times over throughout the tour, and I am glad you made it out with the positive record you deserve despite the somewhat lesser support we were able to offer you. Probably the best 3k I spent all auction :P

Fardin you were one of the most expensive picks in the daft, yes, but even during the bidding I still couldn't believe they let me pick you up that cheap. You consistently went in and duelled with the top talent in the AG1 pool, and came out with an excellent 5-2 record to show for it - the 4th best in the entire tour, and second best for AG. Even your games, however, only captures a fraction of what you were worth to the team. You were there to build, test, and refine teams for AG every week, and were almost always right on the money with your picks. Your piloting was excellent, but it's only a part of the role you played for this team, and I would happily draft you for any AG tour in the future as well.

PinkDragonTamer what can I say, 7-0 Champion. You had good support, yes, but I don't want you to discount how reassuring it was to know that we were guarenteed at least one other win in any week if you hadn't played yet. You also came through in a big way in supporting our ZU slots every week, and in general team aid; tbh, having you felt like there was a third manager there to help with the weight.

Monsareeasy aka nfe Main Arctic. I know you didn't initially expect to play NFE for the entire tour, but it ended up working out that way and you hit the ground running, ending up with the best NFE record in the entire pool. I might not have always understood your decisions, but you clearly knew what you were doing. It was a pleasure to team with you, even if now I'm left with the unenviable position of hoping you don't get that same success against my OMPL team :P.

85percent I'm sorry about how your initial game went in week 2, but while your record is disappointing you were most certainly not. You did scouting, building, testing, and even subbed into 1v1 when we ended up in a pinch week 4, where you did incredibly well, even when up against one of the best 1v1 players - and some of the best 1v1 support - in the entire tour, with just about no prep time to speak of. That says miles about what you brought to the table, and all of it good.

frisoeva you had just the worst tring of luck this tournament, but you didnt gave up, and you came through when it counted in playoffs. We can onyl hope you get a fairer run next time, and I'm glad we could bring home the win to you anyway.

EviGaro I hadn't originally planned to draft you due to your expected cost, but when they were willing to let me take you at that cheap a price I knew I had gotten a steal. Your 4-3 record is a respectable indicator of this, especially in a pool as deep as ZU, but I think we all know it should have been 5-2.

TJ You might not have been as active in chat as some, but your playing was always impeccable. I would frequently comment on your games in the discussion channel, and when you did something different from my guess you were almost always right to do so. The last game was an unfortunate end to the season, but I'm glad you stuck with us the entire way there.

BloodAce I'm still sad we didn't get you a chance to play, but I still wouldn't have given up your building support without a fight. Despite not being feilded, you never let your engagement suffer and continued to stay active and supportive every week, and were always available to sub when it looked like we might need it

When we finished the draft, I almost couldnt beleive the amount of talent we had packed into one team, and knew we had what it takes. Even through some rough weeks, we powered through, first to second seed and then to first place. To all of you, thanks for joining me on Grookeys, and congratulations on your win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)