ZU ZeroUsed Ladder Tournament - Won by 5gen

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OP copied from Aaronboyer's thread

Art by Tsareentje

Welcome to our third ZU Ladder Tournament (ZULT)! This laddering tournament will ask participants to ladder as high as they can on the ZU Ladder each week. The four participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. The playoffs will be a seeded bracket of the top sixteen participants, and the winner of the playoffs will be crowned the winner of the ZU Ladder Tournament.

This tournament will consist of two stages. The first stage is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The four participants with the highest ELO at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest ranked person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility of needing substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 5th and 6th participants week and randomize them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #5 or #6, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top four of a future cycle. A participant's rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

At the end of the laddering stage, the second stage, our playoffs, will start with the top sixteen ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified and sets will be bo3. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

However, I have decided to add a rule onto this: by registering in a week after you have qualified, your previous qualification will be replaced by your ladder position in that new week. What this means is you can try to get higher points and better seed position in a different week, but you run the risk of getting a worse seed position by doing so. This is so players do not get a free shot at bettering their seed position.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarize yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

Rules
  • Before laddering you must create a fresh alt and you must register it the day a cycle goes up or onwards. This is mandatory as it stops people from getting an early and unfair advantage.
  • In addition to protecting yourself against the risk of losing your account, I will be checking alts to see when they were registered. This allows me to track everyone who has entered and ensure nobody has an unfair advantage. Make sure that your alt is registered immediately after signing up since you run the risk of losing your account otherwise.
  • If I find out that you have played on an alt before registering it in this thread, I will disqualify you from that cycle and potentially the entire tournament.
  • Ghosting is strictly prohibited! Anyone who joins is essentially in an ongoing tour. Anyone who is found ghosting will be disqualified from the tournament.
Cycle 1
Code:
Forum name: 5gen

Cycle 1 Alt: ZULT1Z 5gen

Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes!
Alts for this week must begin with the "ZULT1Z" prefix.

Must register your ladder alt here using ZULT1Z (i.e ZULT1Z 5gen) before starting on the ladder. The deadline for this week is Sunday May 16th at 8:00 PM GMT -4.

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Forum name: ashbala99

Cycle 1 Alt: ZULT1Z itachi07

Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes

OP copied from Aaronboyer's thread

Art by Tsareentje

Welcome to our third ZU Ladder Tournament (ZULT)! This laddering tournament will ask participants to ladder as high as they can on the ZU Ladder each week. The four participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. The playoffs will be a seeded bracket of the top sixteen participants, and the winner of the playoffs will be crowned the winner of the ZU Ladder Tournament.

This tournament will consist of two stages. The first stage is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last an entire month. The four participants with the highest ELO at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest ranked person will be admitted into the playoffs. Due to the possibility of needing substitutes for the second stage of the tournament, we'll take the 5th and 6th participants week and randomize them as subs if needed. If you qualify as #5 or #6, you are still able to participate in other cycles and try to qualify for the top four of a future cycle. A participant's rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it in this thread before you start laddering. There will be a specific tag for each week of laddering that will be posted prior to that qualification period starting.

At the end of the laddering stage, the second stage, our playoffs, will start with the top sixteen ladder players of the month. Pairings will be seeded based on the position players qualified and sets will be bo3. Since you are rewarded for placing higher on each ladder I assume there will be people who want to improve their seed by laddering again the next qualifying period, this is fine, I'll save the screenshots from each round and adjust it accordingly.

However, I have decided to add a rule onto this: by registering in a week after you have qualified, your previous qualification will be replaced by your ladder position in that new week. What this means is you can try to get higher points and better seed position in a different week, but you run the risk of getting a worse seed position by doing so. This is so players do not get a free shot at bettering their seed position.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to familiarize yourself with Smogon's tournament rules as well as this specific sub-forums rules. If you need help finding either of those feel free to contact me.

Rules
  • Before laddering you must create a fresh alt and you must register it the day a cycle goes up or onwards. This is mandatory as it stops people from getting an early and unfair advantage.
  • In addition to protecting yourself against the risk of losing your account, I will be checking alts to see when they were registered. This allows me to track everyone who has entered and ensure nobody has an unfair advantage. Make sure that your alt is registered immediately after signing up since you run the risk of losing your account otherwise.
  • If I find out that you have played on an alt before registering it in this thread, I will disqualify you from that cycle and potentially the entire tournament.
  • Ghosting is strictly prohibited! Anyone who joins is essentially in an ongoing tour. Anyone who is found ghosting will be disqualified from the tournament.
Cycle 1
Code:
Forum name: 5gen

Cycle 1 Alt: ZULT1Z 5gen

Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yes!
Alts for this week must begin with the "ZULT1Z" prefix.

Must register your ladder alt here using ZULT1Z (i.e ZULT1Z 5gen) before starting on the ladder. The deadline for this week is Sunday May 16th at 8:00 PM GMT -4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)