Tournament UUFPL - Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5uu-1341766819-ooua63whuqs6lz6juhq54bmfwqdtuoqpw
won, gg

I guess we’re out, so here’s some shoutouts:

Kitten Milk: omg bestie you’re like my biggest heterosexual crush, so cool. it was a fun roller coaster building with you the whole way through despite the issues in game that plagued you early. I’m glad to be friends with you, truly.

jeza.p: I knew from the second I saw your replays in the tryouts phase that you were an amazing player. You had some unlucky moments and bad matchups, but there was no game this season in which you played anything other than good / great / amazing. You were a great team presence as well and I greatly enjoyed your enthusiasm and appreciation for me doing what felt like the bare minimum. You’re going places in the UU community, just be patient.

spatulakun: A late addition, but you performed well the entire way through (bar your insistence on clicking Trick WHAT WERE YOU THIN-). You weren’t fussy about teams, tested when needed, and always showed up to your games. I would be greatly amused if we teamed again.

Adrift and Alone: Once you expanded your teambuilder beyond three teams thanks to me, your consistent ability to outplay and out position opponents shined. I really do think people don’t give you enough respect and you definitely warrant placement in the big boy uupl next time that comes around.

Drud and zeefable : I really shafted both of you by just giving you teams and letting you go, but I trusted both of you in my gut to be in position most of the time to have a chance to pull out wins versus a tough pool, and I was right.

Diophantine: Despite your past reputation among the LGBTQ (specifically trans people) community initially making me wary, you always showed up to your games no matter the tier and just owned your opponents. Additionally, I read your posts in the depression thread and was really proud of how you consistently attempted to reach out and help people no matter how bad their situation seemed. Good looks all around!

Shellnuts and Plague von Karma: You two worked your asses off the entire tour, and it showed in the games. You were worth every point of the 21.5k I spent not only because of the RBY performances, but how both of you actively tried to help the newer players on the team and point out where they improve more gently than I ever could. <3

Prof.Otaku: You were an excellent team presence and sub, testing whenever you could and going out there and playing well across multiple tiers in a pinch. I hope to team again.

Moutemoute and AzZoCcX : It was a rough season for the both of you, with many frustrating moments. However, both of you showed up to your games and tried to actively help out teammates where necessary. You guys probably know this already, but keep your head up. Positive results are guaranteed with enough effort and time and focus!

THE PLAYOFF TEAMS ARE DECIDED
(But you should still finish off your games.)

Congratulations to the Tropical Malamar Militia, Yanmegatron and the Destroyers, Blipbug City Battlegirls, and Flapple Bottom Jeans on making the playoffs!

HOWEVER, players on the remaining four teams, the Entralink Enteis, Hungry Hungry Hippowdons, Bad Lombres de Po Town, and Tangela Ever After, can still play in ONE MORE GAME next week if they want!!!! Totally optional. Here's how it works:

The Long Lost UUFPL Teams the Tough Luck Liepards :Liepard: and Persevering Pidgeottos :Pidgeotto: are having a final showdown during Week 1 of the UUFPL playoffs! Anybody on the 4 non-playoff teams can register here to be a part of it with NO RESTRICTIONS! If you want to play, you will play, nobody who wants to play will be left out, simply POST HERE to confirm if you want to play in this for fun matchup!

Example:

Name: BigFatMantis
Team: Tangela Ever After
Preferred Tier to Play: SS > ADV > Any

Again there are no restrictions - you can even play SS or GSC if you played either in UUPL for example. It's just one last game while R1 of the playoffs is going on, if you so choose to play, for anyone on the Enteis, Hippowdons, Lombres, or Tangelas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)