Tournament UUFPL Playoffs Thread! WON BY BLIPBUG CITY BATTLEGIRLS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that tb is over i can shitpost

big thanks to avarice for drafting me, appreciate it :heart:, best team chat / team tour exp i've been in and had by far
everyone else on the team was enjoyable to talk to ur all goats, until next farm pl my friends :mad:

mew1.PNG
mew2.PNG
mew3.PNG
mew4.PNG
mew5.PNG
mew7.PNG
mew8.PNG

Vaboh Expulso
:chipmunk:
ʷʰᵒ
ⁱⁿᵛⁱᵗᵉᵈ
ᵗʰⁱˢ
ᵏⁱᵈ

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Thank you to my team, other people who joined in the discord, and the hosts and contributors.

Team and a highlight game from everyone who played:

Supporters:

• Accelgor - thanks for joining since week 1 and giving me gen3uu advice and general metagame knowledge like good Walrein sets to use
  • Adaam - thanks for joining in playoffs and giving me advice on how to use Buzzwole
  • basaninho - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing general moral support
  • Donphantastic - thanks for joining since week 1 and providing gen4uu support and teams and moral support. It's wild to think I've been interacting with you for over a decade now, we've in a way grown up together...in parallel ways meeting on Pokemon sims only lol
  • Estarossa - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing gen2uu support and commentating on a game
  • Juno - thanks for joining since week 1 and not being as cringe as you could have been
  • Kitten Milk - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing gen8uu support including helpful comments on Guzzlord stall
  • lucqq - thanks for joining in playoffs and calling ramolost a tyrant
  • Mindnight - thanks for joining in playoffs and testing with me and calling my opponent bad in commentary
  • Mygrein - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing thoughts on teams in multiple formats
  • Pak - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing support in gen6uu and advice on how viv to build
  • Tack - thanks for joining since early on and providing BW support and teams and testing
  • TMM - thanks for joining in playoffs and commentating on some games
  • Wanka - thanks for joining in playoffs and providing support in gen6uu and a model for viv to build off of

Hosts/Contributors:

• BigFatMantis - thank you for putting in what must have been many hours of work to make this event run smoothly. I'm grateful that you made a tournament that allowed a significant portion of the community to be included. If you had helpers, I thank them too.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
we lost :( ggs and congratulations to blipbugs!

i won vs viv in the for fun game https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6uu-564914

I had a great time this season, so figured I'd do some shoutouts (pretty briefly). ok briefly was a lie, i do type fast tho hs so it didnt take too long but the post did.

first of all thanks so much to BigFatMantis for the amazing amount of effort you put into this tour, truly one of the most magical things I've seen on this site in a while. i cant over emphasize this ... this tour was legit the most hype thing i've ever been a part of, right up there with the actual official tours on this site. (UUFPL for Smogon Snake Draft replacement y/n??). It was an amazing, constructive experience for so many new players and I think the community owes you a ton for this, and it also makes me genuinely happy to see how much you enjoyed hosting. thanks also to itsjustdrew for the podcasts and to all the people who updated the resources in the original post (replays, usage stats, etc.), you helped make this tour awesome too!
next, avarice, thank you for drafting me (despite costing 24000 :pikuh:), I had a blast talking to you this season. You're a great manager, created an awesome environment that got me to put way more effort into this tour than I anticipated (as is clear from the length of my post). You're also a great player, thanks for putting urself in p much every UU tier in order to make rosters work and get us to finals + tiebreak.really loved spending the time with u, we didnt win but id do this again in a heartbeat!

====
team shoutouts, just going down the roster:

QWILY qwily!! you're an excellent player and teammate; I thought you were very impressive in-game, and the semifinals deciding game between you and rinnegan was a perfect example of that. extremely clutch stuff!! your 5-3 record proves that, and a lot of those losses came from us putting you in an awkward position for a week or 2 (a bad SS team from me LOL or us slotting u in SM initially). hope you stay around UU. you were also an amazing social presence, super nice dude + had some absolutely hilarious memes, so I'm really glad we got to meet through this. thanks to you this audio will be stuck in all our heads forever

ironwater hello aaron-water [definitely not your name] great job this season! we didn't really have many up-and-coming UUers on this squad, mostly established players that main other tiers, so I was super happy when we decided to give you games at the end of this season. going 3-1 versus your opponents is great, and 2 of those wins came in playoffs which is even clutcher! losing to Kitten Milk (known cheeser) doesnt even count so basically 3-0. love your positive attitude hope u stick around!!

Maki vulpix vul~ #LeFraud #MakiMouseRing only ended with a positive record because of an ACT WIN and went 0-3 playoffs but it's ok because you're killing it in WCOP [and also, when im not memeing u, one of my fav ppl to hang out with on this site]. It's been a pleasure to team with you in this tour and RUPL, you're clearly a strong player outside of just Mono (where you are excellent (except in BLT)).

Splash Great job in WCOP, Ik this tour wasnt the most important thing for you (which is totally fine, of course) but you were nice to talk to and chill with the whole tour. Sorry PinkDragonTamer sabotaged the shit out of u with non psyshock lati LOL

Alkione any guesses on how many times you tagged @everyone this tour?
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.39.16 PM.png
sorry we had to torture you by 1) losing this tour and 2) making u watch us do badly at and slander BW while not being able to play it (i'd say blame BigFatMantis but i know you've let him know once or twice !!). Let's win DPP PL tho '-' you did well in DPP this season so thanks for that

Ampha Ampha!!! I'm proud of all the team but have special pride in helping u out as my ADV UU tutee :D the first 2 weeks in SS/SM didnt work out but we really clicked with you going 3-1 in ADV (even tho I sabotaged you with Protect>Rest on SDef Wish Kanga and ... unviable golem). You're another really pleasant guy to talk to and I really appreciate the test games, building discussions, etc. Also I really wanted to get you because you're like 3-0 vs me in DPL, I think you're for sure a great player and hope that more people give you chances to show that. Hope to see you break out in ADV Cup / UU Classic!!

Lord Thorx maybe you go by MultiNightmare on discord because of the multiple nightmare matchups we ran into.... even though I couldn't help in GSC you did well to keep trying all season despite a seemingly endless array of bullshit from bad MUs to bad luck and so on. you were the first one to slay GSC demigod Electric win so that counts for something tho! Best of luck in other tours, you deserve for things to go your way far more often in the future

Reeece sup reeece!! we didnt talk a ton this season but tysm for carrying RBY and being the fearless no johns gamer every team needs. You really turned it around in the second half of the season after everyone (cough cough BigFatMantis ) said you were bad at RBY, ending up positive! It's also great to see how passionate you are about your old gen lower tiers of choice; thanks so much for supporting GSC, for instance. Best of luck in future tours, especially those where you are allowed to GSC! [i now tagged the real Reeece sorry Reece ]

====
bench mob:

miraage who ️invited ️this️ kid??️ LOL my man. thank you so much for all the fun times this season, glad we were more viable than US Midwest en UUWC (tho u didnt win games in either bop...). Seriously though, you were an excellent chat presence, don't worry too much about the losses I def think we could have prepped you better for those (despite the greediest spin EVER vs mac3). Your memes were so funny, genuinely helped a lot to make semis/finals such a good time. post them in this thread omg i cant figure out how to upload a .mov and i wrote a bunch of text so i dont wanna figure it out

Vaboh (dpp ou seasonal champion) (wcop starter) sry we couldnt play u more in the end, but i know this tour was just a bad time for you with WCOP prep. Good luck if you guys make playoffs, I think you have a ton of skill and am glad you seem to have found a home there in OU / US West! Happy to feed u teams for these lower tier tours any time (just dont throw, which, as faded love mentioned at least 100 times, u apparently did vs lyss)

martha Ik this tour didnt go your way, time to pour on the BW slander :pirate: hope you can have the breakout tour you want soon, I think that your play was quite solid despite a disappointing record so once you find a tier you enjoy building hopefully that will lead to success

Celebiii found a different hobby good for you man mons lowkey sucks

devin CANCERED UUFPL

====
helpers:
Kitten Milk you helped a ton, sorry i was too time-consumed and/or sane to make ur crazy ideas work but I loved reading about them all (and you owned ironwater w the block steela WTF thanks for not actually helping us)

Decem (deleted signup) (undrafted) thx for supporting maki & helping me toss around ideas too, u killed it in UU for DPL and made PU finals so love to see u kicking ass in lower tiers!!

faded love like km, ty for all the help in semis/finals + being active in chat, really appreciate it. sorry i couldnt use something cool like infernape or the many ideas you mentioned

PinkDragonTamer love u as always bro ur the sm uu goat

umbry Lyss ty for hanging out and helping maki (0-3 in playoffs btw)

Bag of Trixx u had 7 lines LOL lets grab beers sometime anyways tho

====
hs Shiba Nat Adaam UUFPL has finally ended. drop a sad react

Last edited:
Doing proper shoutouts!

Teammates:
  • Meri Berry: Thank you with all the help with building, testing, and in general chatting about gen 8 uu. You went above and beyond, and put in a ton of work helping with everything SS related. I'm glad to have met you and hope to see you around more.
  • pokemonisfun: You were a great manager! I appreciate that you were always encouraging and supportive, and were always nice to chat with on discord. I'm glad to have gotten to known you better and thanks again for your hard work for helping to make this happen.
  • Ramolost: Another great manager! Thank you for drafting me and giving me the opportunity to play on your team. You put me in for SS literally every week -- I really appreciate the confidence you had in me; it means a lot. Thank you also for being direct and honest when I or other people mess up, it's how all of us improved and stepped up our game for the later weeks. I hope to team with you again sometime.
  • Raahel: I'm super proud of you for coming off going 1-5 to winning three straight weeks in a row. It takes a lot of motivation to turn things around, and you turned up right when we needed it. Thank you.
  • pichus: You were also super helpful when building and discussing SS, and I never knew you before which is crazy. Thank you for also being super supporting during my games and in discord after.
  • CoolStoryBrobat: Super stoked to have teamed with you and have gotten to known you better after knowing you (though not well) since 2015. You put in a ton of effort, and I appreciate having an ORAS legend to test, play, and build with.
  • DnB: Going 10-0 is absolutely psychotic in Pokémon considering the amount of luck involved (matchup, crits, % chances associated with moves). While I didn't talk with you much, you dominated each week, so thanks for that.
  • vivalospride: Glad to have teamed with you man. I've always loved your SM builds since 2018 and I appreciate the help over the weeks with building.
  • SBPC: Thank you for waking up in time to make that match! In all seriousness, thanks for playing RBY despite your gripes with it when no one really wanted to.
  • AM: Having a winning record in a tier you've never played in before is super impressive. Thanks for your humour in our discord as well. I'm glad you came back in time for finals!

Friends:
  • BigFatMantis: Thank you so much for hosting this tour. You put in a ton of effort into this; it is the most well-run, professional, and smooth tour I've ever seen. Thanks again for all of the time you put into making this tour as great as it came be!
  • Estarossa: Thanks for bugging me to sign up! I literally didn't know UUFPL was a thing until you messaged me and asked me to join. This whole tour got me re-interested in Pokémon, so thanks for sparking that too. Also thanks to all the effort you put into this tier -- it's an often thankless job but without it, things wouldn't be as good as they are now
  • Accelgor: Longtime friend and UU legend. Thanks for rooting on our team and all the good times we've had over the years :).
  • Anish: Glad to see you on PS! these past few weeks! I appreciate our friendship since way back during the RMT era and am glad to still see you around.
  • itsjustdrew: Thank you for having me on your podcast! It was a ton of fun. Hope you have a blast at that summer camp!
  • bb skarm: Glad to have gotten to known you better from the podcast and just chatting on PS/discord!
  • Kitten Milk: I really appreciate your creativity in teambuilding -- it helps inspire me to be more creative and helps the tier stay fresh for me. Thank you.
  • Mygrein: Love your sense of humour; I'm really glad to have met you.
  • Lilburr: Thank you for all the effort you put into the tier. Seriously, it's out of this world; I can't imagine the effort it takes. This again is often a thankless job, so thanks for keeping things running well! :)
  • 467 11 11p: Thank you for your support during playoffs and being a good friend in general.

Overall, this has been a very fun experience! This was my first team tour, and I'm satisfied with my record (5-4) despite having a few things to work on and improve. Thanks again to everyone!

we lost :( ggs and congratulations to blipbugs!

i won vs viv in the for fun game https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6uu-564914

I had a great time this season, so figured I'd do some shoutouts (pretty briefly). ok briefly was a lie, i do type fast tho hs so it didnt take too long but the post did.

first of all thanks so much to BigFatMantis for the amazing amount of effort you put into this tour, truly one of the most magical things I've seen on this site in a while. i cant over emphasize this ... this tour was legit the most hype thing i've ever been a part of, right up there with the actual official tours on this site. (UUFPL for Smogon Snake Draft replacement y/n??). It was an amazing, constructive experience for so many new players and I think the community owes you a ton for this, and it also makes me genuinely happy to see how much you enjoyed hosting. thanks also to itsjustdrew for the podcasts and to all the people who updated the resources in the original post (replays, usage stats, etc.), you helped make this tour awesome too!
next, avarice, thank you for drafting me (despite costing 24000 :pikuh:), I had a blast talking to you this season. You're a great manager, created an awesome environment that got me to put way more effort into this tour than I anticipated (as is clear from the length of my post). You're also a great player, thanks for putting urself in p much every UU tier in order to make rosters work and get us to finals + tiebreak.really loved spending the time with u, we didnt win but id do this again in a heartbeat!

====
team shoutouts, just going down the roster:

QWILY qwily!! you're an excellent player and teammate; I thought you were very impressive in-game, and the semifinals deciding game between you and rinnegan was a perfect example of that. extremely clutch stuff!! your 5-3 record proves that, and a lot of those losses came from us putting you in an awkward position for a week or 2 (a bad SS team from me LOL or us slotting u in SM initially). hope you stay around UU. you were also an amazing social presence, super nice dude + had some absolutely hilarious memes, so I'm really glad we got to meet through this. thanks to you this audio will be stuck in all our heads forever

ironwater hello aaron-water [definitely not your name] great job this season! we didn't really have many up-and-coming UUers on this squad, mostly established players that main other tiers, so I was super happy when we decided to give you games at the end of this season. going 3-1 versus your opponents is great, and 2 of those wins came in playoffs which is even clutcher! losing to Kitten Milk (known cheeser) doesnt even count so basically 3-0. love your positive attitude hope u stick around!!

Maki vulpix vul~ #LeFraud #MakiMouseRing only ended with a positive record because of an ACT WIN and went 0-3 playoffs but it's ok because you're killing it in WCOP [and also, when im not memeing u, one of my fav ppl to hang out with on this site]. It's been a pleasure to team with you in this tour and RUPL, you're clearly a strong player outside of just Mono (where you are excellent (except in BLT)).

Splash Great job in WCOP, Ik this tour wasnt the most important thing for you (which is totally fine, of course) but you were nice to talk to and chill with the whole tour. Sorry PinkDragonTamer sabotaged the shit out of u with non psyshock lati LOL

Alkione any guesses on how many times you tagged @everyone this tour?
sorry we had to torture you by 1) losing this tour and 2) making u watch us do badly at and slander BW while not being able to play it (i'd say blame BigFatMantis but i know you've let him know once or twice !!). Let's win DPP PL tho '-' you did well in DPP this season so thanks for that

Ampha Ampha!!! I'm proud of all the team but have special pride in helping u out as my ADV UU tutee :D the first 2 weeks in SS/SM didnt work out but we really clicked with you going 3-1 in ADV (even tho I sabotaged you with Protect>Rest on SDef Wish Kanga and ... unviable golem). You're another really pleasant guy to talk to and I really appreciate the test games, building discussions, etc. Also I really wanted to get you because you're like 3-0 vs me in DPL, I think you're for sure a great player and hope that more people give you chances to show that. Hope to see you break out in ADV Cup / UU Classic!!

Lord Thorx maybe you go by MultiNightmare on discord because of the multiple nightmare matchups we ran into.... even though I couldn't help in GSC you did well to keep trying all season despite a seemingly endless array of bullshit from bad MUs to bad luck and so on. you were the first one to slay GSC demigod Electric win so that counts for something tho! Best of luck in other tours, you deserve for things to go your way far more often in the future

Reece sup reece!! we didnt talk a ton this season but tysm for carrying RBY and being the fearless no johns gamer every team needs. You really turned it around in the second half of the season after everyone (cough cough BigFatMantis ) said you were bad at RBY, ending up positive! It's also great to see how passionate you are about your old gen lower tiers of choice; thanks so much for supporting GSC, for instance. Best of luck in future tours, especially those where you are allowed to GSC!

====
bench mob:

miraage who ️invited ️this️ kid??️ LOL my man. thank you so much for all the fun times this season, glad we were more viable than US Midwest en UUWC (tho u didnt win games in either bop...). Seriously though, you were an excellent chat presence, don't worry too much about the losses I def think we could have prepped you better for those (despite the greediest spin EVER vs mac3). Your memes were so funny, genuinely helped a lot to make semis/finals such a good time. post them in this thread omg i cant figure out how to upload a .mov and i wrote a bunch of text so i dont wanna figure it out

Vaboh (dpp ou seasonal champion) (wcop starter) sry we couldnt play u more in the end, but i know this tour was just a bad time for you with WCOP prep. Good luck if you guys make playoffs, I think you have a ton of skill and am glad you seem to have found a home there in OU / US West! Happy to feed u teams for these lower tier tours any time (just dont throw, which, as faded love mentioned at least 100 times, u apparently did vs lyss)

martha Ik this tour didnt go your way, time to pour on the BW slander :pirate: hope you can have the breakout tour you want soon, I think that your play was quite solid despite a disappointing record so once you find a tier you enjoy building hopefully that will lead to success

Celebiii found a different hobby good for you man mons lowkey sucks

devin CANCERED UUFPL

====
helpers:
Kitten Milk you helped a ton, sorry i was too time-consumed and/or sane to make ur crazy ideas work but I loved reading about them all (and you owned ironwater w the block steela WTF thanks for not actually helping us)

Decem (deleted signup) (undrafted) thx for supporting maki & helping me toss around ideas too, u killed it in UU for DPL and made PU finals so love to see u kicking ass in lower tiers!!

faded love like km, ty for all the help in semis/finals + being active in chat, really appreciate it. sorry i couldnt use something cool like infernape or the many ideas you mentioned

PinkDragonTamer love u as always bro ur the sm uu goat

umbry Lyss ty for hanging out and helping maki (0-3 in playoffs btw)

Bag of Trixx u had 7 lines LOL lets grab beers sometime anyways tho

====
hs Shiba Nat Adaam UUFPL has finally ended. drop a sad react

I used @everyone ONLY 18 TIMES ? Fuck.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Super late shoutouts, I'm not good at these kinda posts cause up till now I've never had to do one but I wanna shoutout my whole team for including me on this journey. Last time I even played in a UU team tour was like 6+ years ago and I was warming the bench most of that season, plus I didn't have much chemistry with my teammates. Here I got to be in a server with some really great people who inspired me to come back to life in this community and give my all for these past 10 weeks. Finishing with a 3-5 record is nothing to be proud of even when your team won, so I'll use it as inspiration to do better next time I'm in a tour. I could have done way better but the majority of my losses were winnable had I played/built/loaded smarter (sorry for bringing Pelipper) minus 1 game where I feel hax closed the door to victory in my face. Anyway as for the actual shoutouts:

vivalospride Thank you bro for pulling whatever strings you did to get me drafted to this team with you. You're one of the people who has kept me going in this community even from a few years ago when I got burnt out and started dying off. Always appreciate the time you took to build/test with me even when I know stuff was getting to be a bit much for you. ramolost shoutout to you for actually listening to viv and drafting me lol! You did a great job drafting and managing this team... Came all the way from #8 seed to the champ spot because of your efforts. pokemonisfun real big shoutout to you, my fellow ancient UU player, it's weird how long we've been around each other yet we don't know each other super well lol but your presence on our team was huge too, from all the teambuilding contributions/suggestions you've pitched, the time you spent breaking down replays and testing teams, and you stepping up to manage when ramolost wasn't around. You also had a big hand in our team's success.

Panther-T my other fellow vet who I also don't know super well, but I remember facing you a lot on ladder back in the day in ORAS, it was dope getting to be on the same team as you and working together. Super appreciate the builds and advice you've given me as well as taking time to test. DnB shoutout to watching you go 10-0 in my favorite tier! Every game was a treat and it was an honor seeing you use some of my builds on your road to success. Even though I was only playing ORAS for our team my passion for BW was rekindled trying to come up with new ideas/testing teams with you. Meri Berry I have a deep respect and admiration towards you from watching you help out with getting our teams prepped week in, week out, reviewing replays and what everyone was bringing and pitching suggestions in like almost every format, on top of playing well yourself.

pichus I was real happy to see you finally break the curse of being 0-5 in finals for team tours, and now you're a winner! You did great in this tour and most notably of all (to me at least) you won in playoffs with a S T U N F I S K. Raahel admittedly we didn't interact much, if at all; if I knew jack about GSC or had willingness to try it I probably would have talked with you about it, but nonetheless I respect watching you go ham in this obscure tier... same to you AM with RBY UU, I just... can't when it comes to that tier. Anybody who can pick those up period deserves my respect, on top of winning in them when it's needed. Shoutout to you too SBPC for that reason, don't let it get you down dude, you stepped into no-man's land RBY UU and did your thing out there and that is at least 100% more than what I would have been willing to do.

And most importantly shoutout to queso for being the best kind of moral support

Overall just a great experience with a lot of great people and I'm grateful to have been a part of it and this community. :)

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
woooo we won
s/o pokemonisfun and vivalospride for doing this w me and co managing the whole tour. s/o Meri Berry for having more messages than me + viv in the discord i was shocked. s/o queso for being useless but very cool. s/o Panther-T for bringing teams without asking, not liking their games but still slaying as fuck. s/o pichus for the great work tho you missgendered so many mons?????please if we team again learn the difference between all the slowtwins and nidoqueen/king. s/o SBPC to carry the burden that is RBY shit tier im sorry. s/o AM for being cool and a fucking machine (3-1 in rby wtf???). s/o Raahel for trying every week in gsc altho u had a rough start : a great finish and good clutches. s/o CoolStoryBrobat for being a cool guy and for the help u provided in different tiers. last but not least s/o DnB for slaying the whole tour??????10-0??????????what the fuck.

s/o martha for drafting me in uufpl in the first place which was my first tour ever. wanted to redo it which is why i managed this sorry i couldnt draft u i was broke

s/o Juno Accel Donphantastic Juno for helping during the whole tour. very cool friends love you.

s/o Tack
1623062848689.png

s/o Estarossa lucqq Ramolost with a capital R (LOOOOL) TMM basaninho Mindnight KM Mygrein Wanka for joining after poffs to help. although most of you didnt help and were useless as fuck it was very cool friends

s/o BigFatMantis and itsjustdrew pour les travaux

fuck laevin hs and Indigo Plateau

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)