Tournament BLT VIII: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no ideas for an intro so lets just get to it: Predicts! (Oh, and they're late again, oops)

Lavender Laprases (5) vs Celestic Town Celesteela (5)

Ubers: velvet vs LTG - Velv had it rough getting FatFighter last week but I think this is finally their chance to take a win. Comparing these two, I'd say velv is the better player, in ubers and overall. Sorry LTG. (And I guess it happened already... but velv won so this still works)
OU: Not Miyan vs Stareal - Apart from what we already know about star and his prowess in ou, he's been on a roll so far, like a shooting star. As for his opponent, not miyan has not been on a roll, and hasn't showed very much ou prowess imo. So, the real star of ou should take this and continue his streak.
OU: halaman95 vs avarice - While both players are winless, and while avarice isn't an ou player I think they're still a good player. Despite halaman being an ou main, I think avarice is the better player skill and play style wise, and has some great support to back him up. Because of this, avarice should win.
UU: TMM vs saba1111 - Last week was somewhat questionable for TMM, even if I love sun. Both of these players are really good, but I'll have to give it to TMM for his prowess in uu. Although, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Saba wins this, since he is 111.1% goated and can also play uu.
RU: Mac3 vs TheFranklin - HL match of the week, and probably the greatest ru match for the entire tour. This match is more heat than the cobalion set mac3 brought last week. This is honestly a tossup that required a lot of thinking about to actually make a choice here. But due to the fact I've seen more of them play + I think they've had greater success in the tier, and in the tour so far, I'll give it to arce9 by just a little bit. Like I said though, real tossup.
NU: tlenit vs Fille - Interesting match, two players who are 0-2 and who, to my knowledge, don't play much nu. However, I think the one getting their first win here will be tlenit, as he has better support, and I've been more impressed by what I've seen from him than from fille so far.
PU: Xiri vs Splash - Both of these players are quite good and while I think it should be close, Xiri should have this. I've seen more from them, and I can def say for certain they are solid in nu and pu, and came off a good win last week against nu goat dani.
LC: Surfy vs Crow Music - Surfy has had it rough so far but this will be his first win. From what I've seen from both just in this tournament, surfy is a better lc player, and player overall. Sorry Crow Music, but swb sent me literal crow music in the poochies disc, and, like your performance so far, it was kinda meh.
DOU: Zoaw vs Crunchman - I only just found out that Zoaw dabbles in doubles, the more you know. Now despite Zoaw dabbling in doubles, I think its safe to say that Crunchman dabbles in doubles far more to the point where its not even dabbling, just playing doubles. Put simply: Crunchman is a pretty solid doubles main while Zoaw only "dabbles". Crunchman should have this.
Monotype: ChessRobot vs giove97 - I have literally no idea about this chess playing robot, as they seem to be new. Giove hasn't been very into monotype lately and moreso lc, but she is good player in general so I think she should be just fine. Giove97 more like Giove 97% going to win this. (You got this gi!)

Bayern Munchlax (4) vs Turffield Turtwigs (6)

Ubers: 7u9i2 vs Blimax - This could be close. 7u9i2 is currently 2-0 and has shown to be a solid player in ubers, however, I've seen blimax is a really good player overall, and though I've only seen him play ou so far, I hear he can also play ubers. Based on this and how much he is hyped up by others, I think he'll win, but 7u9i2 could def win this as well.
OU: Lugia_numair vs myjava - The real question is: Who would you pick, your personal java or discount lkap? Myjava is overall the better ou player and playing in general from what I've seen in comparison to lugia, so they should win.
OU: ToastedBunzzz02 vs Harshal_08 - As much as I hate to bold against toasted, he hasn't been doing too well currently standing at 0-2, while harshal is 2-0. As I think I mentioned before, GoatedBunz is lower tiers player and hasn't been faring well in ou. While Harshal had a decent win last week vs baloor, who is quite strong in ou. For these reasons, I think harshal may win, but I could easily see toasted winning here. Watch, the one time I bold against toasted, he's gonna win, isn't he.
UU: Expulso vs TeamCharm - A bit of an hl match, and probably a good match in preparation for grand slam playoffs (as both of them have made it). Both are great players, but I have to say Expulso here. I think Expulso is solid and has quite a bit more knowledge and experience in the tier. Also, Charm came off a bad loss last week, and honestly seems a bit burnt out rn in general.
RU: yovan33321 vs Demykunst - Demykunst played 2 different tiers and is currently winless, what I saw from them wasn't that impressive. However, yovan had a very dominant win vs my teammate and played very well against arce9 despite losing. I haven't seen much of anything from either player before this tour, but yovan has shown that he is very solid, and thus should win.
NU: roxiee vs 100%GXE - This is another somewhat hl match imo. Roxiee is pretty solid in nu, and is even ro in the room (congrats btw) but gxe is one of those players who is versatile and skilled enough to play any tier well. I'm gonna give the edge to gxe, as I think he's the better player between the two, but this should be good.
PU: gum vs udongirl - Gum got splashed in the eyes and lost last week, but they're still a great pu player with lots of knowledge of the tier. This girl who likes udon has been in plenty of room tours lately and seems decent, but gum should take this.
LC: p4P1//0n vs Serene Grace - Sorry pap, but Serene is one of those players who it should be illegal to bold against in this tier. Being the best lc player in the tour, they should take this win with serenity and grace.
DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Maki - Both have had good showings so far, but I think shadow should take this due to having a lot more doubles experience than his opponent and coming off a good win vs crunchman from last week.
Monotype: Meta vs Decem - Finally, we get to see Decem play mono! Both of these guys are great mono players and this could be close, but I'm giving it to Decem because I think he has the edge in experience and probably playing skill too. Though like I said, with meta also being very good, this should be close.

Anistar Articunos (4) vs Ruin Valley Roserades (6)

Ubers: Trade vs Reje - If reje actually plays this week, this is a big hl match. I know reje is probably the best ubers player in the tour
OU: iNoLife vs Hockey1 - I predicted inolife for this but apparently it already happened and hockey won in a super haxy one (from what I heard). So I'm just gonna mark this as me getting it wrong.
OU: lvl100Blaziken vs Baloor - Baloor is a solid ou main, and despite his loss last week, I think he is the better player in comparison to fragments, who will be beaten so badly that all that remains will be fragments. Jokes aside, I think baloor will win but I could see fragments pulling an upset.
UU: RoyalReloaded vs mets3569 - I haven't been impressed by what I've seen from royal so far, even with them being 2-0, but this mets fan with numbers seems completely new. Royal has shown he can play so I'm picking royal here.
RU: moesi vs Kyotoshi - Kyotoshi more like Kyogoatshi after beating both decem and mac3. Not much to say here, Kyogoatshi has shown that they're a real goat, whereas moesi is more of a room tours regular who I've seen here and there and they're alright, but Kyotoshi is def better, and should in this.
NU: Plas vs Ninja - This is mainly based on a comparison of last week. Both of them won their games last week and lost the previous, and despite ninja beating the better opponent, I was more impressed with how plas played it. I've also seen more of plas and know he is a good player overall so I think plas should win.
PU: sirmrwhale vs Let's Rumble Shall We - Idk how much pu experience these two have, so I'm going to purely base this off of who the better player is. Comparing the two, hellray is the better player so I think he should win here, though this could be close.
LC: Mikaav vs kythr - Hl match. Both are fantastic lc players who are very acquainted with the meta so this should be really heat. Despite kythr losing to Serene last week, and mikaav beating gray in a match I'd consider too dominant, I think kythr has the edge, as I think he's just a bit better here, but I could easily see mikaav winning too.
DOU: RKD vs Mishimono - Ngl, watching rkd vs ttt last week really irk'd me. The sets were interesting to say the least. Anyways, both players are solid doubles mains, but I think mish is the better of the two, and has so far been dominating the competition. For these reasons, I'm giving it to mish, as I don't see them slowing down any time soon. They finally get to show how goated in doubles they are after the mished opportunity that was last blt.
Monotype: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaguya Lys - This should be really close imo. Both are great monotype players with only wins so far, but purely basing this off of side by side performance so far, I was a bit more impressed with poat's rather than Kaguya's, so I'll give him the edge.

Sometimes writing predicts can be like writing an essay. Anyways, thanks for reading and see ya next week.

(Apologies to anyone I may have possibly offended, please do not take these very seriously.)

I have no ideas for an intro so lets just get to it: Predicts! (Oh, and they're late again, oops)

Lavender Laprases (5) vs Celestic Town Celesteela (5)

Ubers: velvet vs LTG - Velv had it rough getting FatFighter last week but I think this is finally their chance to take a win. Comparing these two, I'd say velv is the better player, in ubers and overall. Sorry LTG. (And I guess it happened already... but velv won so this still works)
OU: Not Miyan vs Stareal - Apart from what we already know about star and his prowess in ou, he's been on a roll so far, like a shooting star. As for his opponent, not miyan has not been on a roll, and hasn't showed very much ou prowess imo. So, the real star of ou should take this and continue his streak.
OU: halaman95 vs avarice - While both players are winless, and while avarice isn't an ou player I think they're still a good player. Despite halaman being an ou main, I think avarice is the better player skill and play style wise, and has some great support to back him up. Because of this, avarice should win.
UU: TMM vs saba1111 - Last week was somewhat questionable for TMM, even if I love sun. Both of these players are really good, but I'll have to give it to TMM for his prowess in uu. Although, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Saba wins this, since he is 111.1% goated and can also play uu.
RU: Mac3 vs TheFranklin - HL match of the week, and probably the greatest ru match for the entire tour. This match is more heat than the cobalion set mac3 brought last week. This is honestly a tossup that required a lot of thinking about to actually make a choice here. But due to the fact I've seen more of them play + I think they've had greater success in the tier, and in the tour so far, I'll give it to arce9 by just a little bit. Like I said though, real tossup.
NU: tlenit vs Fille - Interesting match, two players who are 0-2 and who, to my knowledge, don't play much nu. However, I think the one getting their first win here will be tlenit, as he has better support, and I've been more impressed by what I've seen from him than from fille so far.
PU: Xiri vs Splash - Both of these players are quite good and while I think it should be close, Xiri should have this. I've seen more from them, and I can def say for certain they are solid in nu and pu, and came off a good win last week against nu goat dani.
LC: Surfy vs Crow Music - Surfy has had it rough so far but this will be his first win. From what I've seen from both just in this tournament, surfy is a better lc player, and player overall. Sorry Crow Music, but swb sent me literal crow music in the poochies disc, and, like your performance so far, it was kinda meh.
DOU: Zoaw vs Crunchman - I only just found out that Zoaw dabbles in doubles, the more you know. Now despite Zoaw dabbling in doubles, I think its safe to say that Crunchman dabbles in doubles far more to the point where its not even dabbling, just playing doubles. Put simply: Crunchman is a pretty solid doubles main while Zoaw only "dabbles". Crunchman should have this.
Monotype: ChessRobot vs giove97 - I have literally no idea about this chess playing robot, as they seem to be new. Giove hasn't been very into monotype lately and moreso lc, but she is good player in general so I think she should be just fine. Giove97 more like Giove 97% going to win this. (You got this gi!)

Bayern Munchlax (4) vs Turffield Turtwigs (6)

Ubers: 7u9i2 vs Blimax - This could be close. 7u9i2 is currently 2-0 and has shown to be a solid player in ubers, however, I've seen blimax is a really good player overall, and though I've only seen him play ou so far, I hear he can also play ubers. Based on this and how much he is hyped up by others, I think he'll win, but 7u9i2 could def win this as well.
OU: Lugia_numair vs myjava - The real question is: Who would you pick, your personal java or discount lkap? Myjava is overall the better ou player and playing in general from what I've seen in comparison to lugia, so they should win.
OU: ToastedBunzzz02 vs Harshal_08 - As much as I hate to bold against toasted, he hasn't been doing too well currently standing at 0-2, while harshal is 2-0. As I think I mentioned before, GoatedBunz is lower tiers player and hasn't been faring well in ou. While Harshal had a decent win last week vs baloor, who is quite strong in ou. For these reasons, I think harshal may win, but I could easily see toasted winning here. Watch, the one time I bold against toasted, he's gonna win, isn't he.
UU: Expulso vs TeamCharm - A bit of an hl match, and probably a good match in preparation for grand slam playoffs (as both of them have made it). Both are great players, but I have to say Expulso here. I think Expulso is solid and has quite a bit more knowledge and experience in the tier. Also, Charm came off a bad loss last week, and honestly seems a bit burnt out rn in general.
RU: yovan33321 vs Demykunst - Demykunst played 2 different tiers and is currently winless, what I saw from them wasn't that impressive. However, yovan had a very dominant win vs my teammate and played very well against arce9 despite losing. I haven't seen much of anything from either player before this tour, but yovan has shown that he is very solid, and thus should win.
NU: roxiee vs 100%GXE - This is another somewhat hl match imo. Roxiee is pretty solid in nu, and is even ro in the room (congrats btw) but gxe is one of those players who is versatile and skilled enough to play any tier well. I'm gonna give the edge to gxe, as I think he's the better player between the two, but this should be good.
PU: gum vs udongirl - Gum got splashed in the eyes and lost last week, but they're still a great pu player with lots of knowledge of the tier. This girl who likes udon has been in plenty of room tours lately and seems decent, but gum should take this.
LC: p4P1//0n vs Serene Grace - Sorry pap, but Serene is one of those players who it should be illegal to bold against in this tier. Being the best lc player in the tour, they should take this win with serenity and grace.
DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Maki - Both have had good showings so far, but I think shadow should take this due to having a lot more doubles experience than his opponent and coming off a good win vs crunchman from last week.
Monotype: Meta vs Decem - Finally, we get to see Decem play mono! Both of these guys are great mono players and this could be close, but I'm giving it to Decem because I think he has the edge in experience and probably playing skill too. Though like I said, with meta also being very good, this should be close.

Anistar Articunos (4) vs Ruin Valley Roserades (6)

Ubers: Trade vs Reje - If reje actually plays this week, this is a big hl match. I know reje is probably the best ubers player in the tour
OU: iNoLife vs Hockey1 - I predicted inolife for this but apparently it already happened and hockey won in a super haxy one (from what I heard). So I'm just gonna mark this as me getting it wrong.
OU: lvl100Blaziken vs Baloor - Baloor is a solid ou main, and despite his loss last week, I think he is the better player in comparison to fragments, who will be beaten so badly that all that remains will be fragments. Jokes aside, I think baloor will win but I could see fragments pulling an upset.
UU: RoyalReloaded vs mets3569 - I haven't been impressed by what I've seen from royal so far, even with them being 2-0, but this mets fan with numbers seems completely new. Royal has shown he can play so I'm picking royal here.
RU: moesi vs Kyotoshi - Kyotoshi more like Kyogoatshi after beating both decem and mac3. Not much to say here, Kyogoatshi has shown that they're a real goat, whereas moesi is more of a room tours regular who I've seen here and there and they're alright, but Kyotoshi is def better, and should in this.
NU: Plas vs Ninja - This is mainly based on a comparison of last week. Both of them won their games last week and lost the previous, and despite ninja beating the better opponent, I was more impressed with how plas played it. I've also seen more of plas and know he is a good player overall so I think plas should win.
PU: sirmrwhale vs Let's Rumble Shall We - Idk how much pu experience these two have, so I'm going to purely base this off of who the better player is. Comparing the two, hellray is the better player so I think he should win here, though this could be close.
LC: Mikaav vs kythr - Hl match. Both are fantastic lc players who are very acquainted with the meta so this should be really heat. Despite kythr losing to Serene last week, and mikaav beating gray in a match I'd consider too dominant, I think kythr has the edge, as I think he's just a bit better here, but I could easily see mikaav winning too.
DOU: RKD vs Mishimono - Ngl, watching rkd vs ttt last week really irk'd me. The sets were interesting to say the least. Anyways, both players are solid doubles mains, but I think mish is the better of the two, and has so far been dominating the competition. For these reasons, I'm giving it to mish, as I don't see them slowing down any time soon. They finally get to show how goated in doubles they are after the mished opportunity that was last blt.
Monotype: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaguya Lys - This should be really close imo. Both are great monotype players with only wins so far, but purely basing this off of side by side performance so far, I was a bit more impressed with poat's rather than Kaguya's, so I'll give him the edge.

Sometimes writing predicts can be like writing an essay. Anyways, thanks for reading and see ya next week.

(Apologies to anyone I may have possibly offended, please do not take these very seriously.)
Calling lugia a discount me.....
FB_IMG_1588939245113.jpg

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Not Miyan vs Stareal: stars british :/
halaman95 vs avarice: avarice is a faded love alt, faded never wins
TMM vs saba1111: saba is the only man to ever defeat me in ssuu, def the goat forsure

Ubers: FatFighter2 vs Ainzcrad: boyn was a 20k pick and is currently 0-x LOOOOOL

NU: roxiee vs 100%GXE: homie. all roxiee does is win
RU: moesi vs Kyotoshi: Kyo's is like omnipotent in ssru idk what to tell u

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
lkap vs lugia is a feud crossing multiple tours room tournaments. frankly if lkap vs lugia does not happen in the coming weeks, both managers should forfeit their chances at playoffs. the people need to see lkap vs lugia. this is the biggest possible hl match that could happen in this tour and you cannot rob the people of the chance to see this once again. these are two very high profile players that master every tier they play, we would learn so much from the war these two could have. please make this happen.

lkap vs lugia is a feud crossing multiple tours room tournaments. frankly if lkap vs lugia does not happen in the coming weeks, both managers should forfeit their chances at playoffs. the people need to see lkap vs lugia. this is the biggest possible hl match that could happen in this tour and you cannot rob the people of the chance to see this once again. these are two very high profile players that master every tier they play, we would learn so much from the war these two could have. please make this happen.
I promise nothing

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Felt like doing Monotype predicts because why not:

Monotype: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Kaguya Lys: 40/60 - Kaguya is probably top 10 at worst for SS Monotype players. He's always stuck to bringing good consistent teams, played well, and put up good records because of that in tournaments like MWP and MPL. I wasn't really impressed by Poat's LTPL showing but from playing with him recently and his Week 1 game he seems to have improved somewhat since then. His Week 1 team was pretty cool since Choice Scarf Kyurem is relatively a new tech and it shows that he keeps up to the date with the current metagame somewhat.

Monotype: ChessRobot vs giove97: 30/70 - I don't know giove97 that well but I see her enter in a lot of tournaments pretty much everywhere. She seems like a jack of all trades in terms of Pokemon and I've even seen her dabble in Monotype before. I'm not familiar with who her opponent is but giove97 should have the edge here due to previous experience.

Monotype: Hys vs RichardPepper: 60/40 - I know Hys isn't the most familiar with SS Monotype but he does dabble in the format from time to time and is overall a consistent player. RichardPepper definitely puts work into Monotype which is cool but I've found a lot of his builds questionable and rather on the cheesy side, for example, running Ferrothorn without Power Whip and Spikes which is a lot worse against Water and Ground and Cosmic Power Jirachi in his game against MetaRiolu7.

trust me if lkap vs lugia doesnt happen the managers are banned from managing in all future blts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)