Tournament The Official OLT VIII Discussion Thread

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
so diff thing- as yall prolly know, the ladder lately has been.. problematic. there's been cases of people just losing 100 points out of nowhere. i understand that this is a complicated issue with the ladder being too laggy iirc? but playing for OLT qualification with the current state of the ladder seems.. not correct. as such, i would recommend that after this cycle, have the last cycle be delayed until these issues are resolved. i have no beef with anyone over this, and i understand this takes time to fix.

The end of this cycle was kinda stressful to me, but i can say that im very proud of my behavior for the time around since there was no lock to be seen on my account. However, Id like to say that whoever got flamed by me deserved everything they were told, and in case you felt personally attacked or harassed by me you should take a look at yourself and improve, be it as player or human being, so maybe i dont flame you again in future opportunities. Thank you all.

BIHI

Sawubona kheys omncane yi-lagrimbe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
1627925459380.png

https://pokepast.es/8ac4395b0f717737

This is the team i've used for the entirety of my run. I built it during cycle 1 when I initally wanted to make an Arctozolt hail as it seemed to be a huge threat for most of the teams that were spammed during this cycle but i didn't manage to come up with anything good. I still wanted something fast paced and ultimately ended up making this team, with the main core consisting of Ninetales/Blaziken/Garchomp/Moltres. Ninetales is actually not a bad pokemon on its own with his excellent speed and his double type allowing it to soft check Weavile + hail being very disruptive for a lot of defensive mons in the tier is definitely cool. Also being able to put something to sleep is really strong and also very important as it improves a bit some tough mus like fat sand. Blaziken is a monster and the main breaker against most bulky offenses and fat teams. It threatens most bulky offenses cores and most of the time the best way to deal with it for these teams is to pivot around to kill it with flare blitz/lo's recoil. It often forces Lando-T/Tapu Fini/Slowbros/FatChomp/Zapdos/Hippo/Unaware Clefable to tank some hits opening the way for Chomp/Moltres/Zera's sweep. Garchomp and Moltres are kinda unOHKOable behind screens (except for Weavile) and really hard to check while also providing some great defensive utility. Zera synergises really well with Blaziken/Chomp and gives some much needed speed control. I tried a lot of different mons in the last slot (Draga/Cloyster/Steela/Bisharp/Heatran/Kartana/Scizor/Fini/Azumarill), most of them are probably decent options but Melmetal is definitely the best one, it helps to deal with a lot of annoying shit (Cloyster/Lele/Weavile/Kartana/Rilla/Dragonite/Draga) and remains a threat behind screens.

There are a lot of options regarding movesets (Blizzard/Hail/Encore on Ninetales, Knock/EQ on Blaziken, Sub on Garchomp, Tpunch/Superpower on Melmetal, Sub on Moltres) it's a matter of preferences and teams you're expecting to face.

The only interest I had in this ladder phase was to qualify with a team a made myself so i'm glad i decided to try this cycle after giving up right after my last day tilt during cycle 1.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)