Project SS OU Teambuilding Lab [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomi

yep
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
requesting Terrakion, any set other than the sash lead set is fine
requesting something with sd / band terrakion, please. thanks.
terrak.png other version he asked me to post alongside
Yugon built this, not me. I had no input here, I'm just writing their team post for em.
This is a fairly traditional Spikes Stack with Futureport for Terrakion. Terrakion functions as the primary breaker for this build, abusing the chip piled on by Slowking's Future Sight and Skarm's Spikes. Dragapult+Slowking allow for Terrakion to get ample entry via pivoting, while Hippo, Clefable, and Skarmory provide necessary utility for the team.
Terrak+Dragapult form the brunt of of this team's offensive pressure. With Spikes and Future Sight support, the effective switchins to Terrakion are non existent, only limited by Stone Edge's accuracy. Thankfully, most of Stone edge's targets are heavily limited via Spikes, preventing them from freely coming in and out unless removed, which is a tall task as long as pressure is maintained. Rock Blast on Terrakion helps cirvcumvent Stone Edge's low PP by giving you another Rock move to click with much more safety.
Unaware Clefable provides the necessary defensive backbone vs pokemon like Weavile and Hawlucha, whilst Hippo allows for a backup check to Dragapult and a primary check to Heatran. Skarmory and Slowking basically just provide backup checks to what Hippo and Clefable handle, whilst providing the mandatory offensive utility Terrakion needs to function effectively as a breaker.
tl;dr Terrak breaks, Pult rks and also breaks, Skarm Hippo set hazards and are fat, Slowking FSports for Terrak, Clefable checks a bunch of useful stuff that this build would otherwise lose to fairly hard.

View attachment 354814 other version he asked me to post alongside
Yugon built this, not me. I had no input here, I'm just writing their team post for em.
This is a fairly traditional Spikes Stack with Futureport for Terrakion. Terrakion functions as the primary breaker for this build, abusing the chip piled on by Slowking's Future Sight and Skarm's Spikes. Dragapult+Slowking allow for Terrakion to get ample entry via pivoting, while Hippo, Clefable, and Skarmory provide necessary utility for the team.
Terrak+Dragapult form the brunt of of this team's offensive pressure. With Spikes and Future Sight support, the effective switchins to Terrakion are non existent, only limited by Stone Edge's accuracy. Thankfully, most of Stone edge's targets are heavily limited via Spikes, preventing them from freely coming in and out unless removed, which is a tall task as long as pressure is maintained. Rock Blast on Terrakion helps cirvcumvent Stone Edge's low PP by giving you another Rock move to click with much more safety.
Unaware Clefable provides the necessary defensive backbone vs pokemon like Weavile and Hawlucha, whilst Hippo allows for a backup check to Dragapult and a primary check to Heatran. Skarmory and Slowking basically just provide backup checks to what Hippo and Clefable handle, whilst providing the mandatory offensive utility Terrakion needs to function effectively as a breaker.
tl;dr Terrak breaks, Pult rks and also breaks, Skarm Hippo set hazards and are fat, Slowking FSports for Terrak, Clefable checks a bunch of useful stuff that this build would otherwise lose to fairly hard.
Very cool team! I love my good friend Terrak from back in the BW/BW2 OU days
Just a few questions: have you tried Taunt>Iron Defense on Skarmory? It allows Skarm to setup and maintain Spikes against Corviknight and prevents it from Roosting. I feel like it's very useful since Corvi drains precious PP from Terrakion, can freely come in on you defensive core and you have Unaware Clef for SD Chomp so ID shouldn't be as needed. It also prevents Pex from destroying your will to live by clicking Toxic Spikes - which is a big threat since you don't have removal. On that note, have you ever found yourself/selves needing Aromatherapy on Clef?

:alakazam::tapu lele::mandibuzz::dragapult::garchomp::melmetal:(click sprites for import)
(we changed the sets from your request to be more synergistic and viable in this metagame)
Hello, Gomi and I built this Alakazam + Tapu Lele psyspam offense for you! Alakazam is an absolutely monstrous wallbreaker, capable of performing insane feats like OHKOing mixed Corviknight and Multiscale Dragonite at +2 in terrain, and almost managing to OHKO Blissey. We felt that Alakazam shines well alongside Terrain Extender Calm Mind Tapu Lele, which manages to break through or threaten most common Dark- and Steel-type switch-ins. Psychic Terrain also notably protects Alakazam from priority from revenge killers like Bisharp and Urshifu. The defensive core supporting Alakazam tries to hold off faster threats while pivoting into it as much as possible for wallbreaking opportunities.

After Dark- and Steel-types are removed by the psyspam core, Dragapult is free to clean up with its Choice Specs Shadow Ball. It is also able to pivot out of common checks like Toxapex and Clefable into Alakazam for a free wallbreaking opportunity. The defensive core here of Mandibuzz (token ghost resist) + Garchomp + Melmetal handles faster threats, like Zeraora, Tapu Koko, and Dragapult. Garchomp keeps Stealth Rock up while chipping common faster revenge killers and Steel-types alongside Melmetal and the psyspam core. Melmetal holds offensive teams like this one together by serving as an interim check to threatening special attackers and Weavile while providing offensive pressure as well.
Cannot wait to use this, thank you!!!

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
View attachment 354814 other version he asked me to post alongside
thanks. i really like both. was about time

Gomi

yep
can i get a team around gengar? preferably scarf trick gengar. deleted my last request because i was uninterested sorry
gengar squad please :psyglad:
busy busy
:landorus-therian: :heatran: :gengar: :weavile: :rillaboom: :volcarona: >>team<<
This is a pretty standard offense using 2 pokemon i've been enjoying using on HO alot recently in balloon offensive Heatran and normal gem Landorus. Just so happens scarfgar loves both so i decided to try it out and liked the results.

:heatran: cripples grounds with will o wisp and starts the game off at a breakneck pace with max special attack magma storms, obligatory addition to aid in gar's hatred of Spdef grounds. Flame body is chosen over flash fire because literally no heatran is staying in vs you to click magma storm and it allows you to have a very good chance to burn urshifu rapid if you cant justify going hard Rillaboom.

:landorus-therian: obligatory addition more or less, you dont click rocks that much tbh but a ground+true ground immune is needed. gem explosion forces damage onto grounds, fini, and torn-t very well and the spread given lives a modest +1 Fire blast from an offensive Volcarona after rocks whilst garunteeing that explosion puts a +1 bulkarona in scarfgar revenge killing range.

:gengar: the star of the team more or less, Scarf gengar is frankly alot more versatile than I was expecting. It gives you an enormous leg up vs stall due to trick+being a good stallbreaker and HO just by outspeeding a lot of staples at +1 that other scarfers can fall short on. this mon also has the added benefit of practically winning the sun MU by itself, venu is slower and so are all of the playstyle's relevant scarfers.

:volcarona: I wanted an ice resist to fall back on if heatran dies early game and something that benefits from the general insane pressure this team puts on grounds and waters with the current slots so i just put on a standard roost off Volc. IMO you can run safeguard here but I've ended up preferring this due to the burn on urshifu rapid being damn near expected and game changing for a mon as lacking in checks as this.

:weavile: :rillaboom: I'm grouping these together because they're both here for similar reasons of defensive utility. I knew my last slots would have to be terrain control, a water resist, and a shadow ball stopgap, and these mons fit that category very easily with pretty much no problem at all. Wood hammer>Knock is an option on Rilla if you want it but imo its really not needed here, unaware clef builds lose to gengar quite easily.
Tl;Dr Heatran cripples grounds so that scarf gar+Volc have very free reign to weaken their shared counterplay while Lando, Weav, and Rillaboom provide needed defensive utility and secondary wincons.

Skypenguin

Skype (nguin)
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Requesting a team built around Stored Power Latias or just a Calm Mind Latias in general.
Here's my very timely response
:latias::heatran::weavile::skarmory::toxapex::hippowdon:
This is an adapted version of my old team from stour/wcop centred around mono Sub Stored Lati. The idea is that you sub on mons like Heatran or Slow-mons to set up/take hits freely. Flame Body Tran is here because Weavile is broken and you can pressure Lati answers like Ttar/Bliss/Pex. ngl Weavile was added as a desperation attempt to steal opposing Weavile's boots, but it's a nice ghost resist and progress maker with clutch prio from Shard; don't swap Axel or you'll lose to sub Lando (dead mon bc of weavile smh). Skarm provides more support for Lati with helmet into multi-hit moves as well as Spikes to chip answers long term. Toxic was for Lando/Mandi/Koko but you can change it for anything. Knock Pex is there to be Pex, and I changed Tspike to Pjab because of CM Fini becoming popular. Finally Hippo rounds out the defensive core as a ground type — try to keep it healthy vs Heatran.

Requesting a team built around np torn
May I request a team with Nasty Plot Tornadus-T please? Thank you!
Here's the team: :Tornadus-Therian: :Tyranitar: :Excadrill: :Clefable: :Skarmory: :Toxapex: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is a sand bulky offense built around Nasty Plot Tornadus-T and Band Tyranitar. Both are awesome wallbreakers, with Tornadus-T also being the hazard control of the team and Tyranitar providing Dark- and Ghost-type resistances.
Excadrill can benefit from Sand Stream and both Tornadus-T and Tyranitar breaking power to be a late game sweeper, while also breaking through common defensive Pokémon, such as Clefable and Toxapex.
Clefable is chosen as the Stealth Rock setter of the team, also serving as a status condition absorber and a backup answer with Counter to physical atacker Pokémon.
Skarmory gives Spikes support to the team, helping the breakers. It's also the check to Rillaboom, Kartana, Garchomp, Weavile and other physical breakers.
Toxapex is chosen as the last member of the team, giving support with Knock Off and Haze while checking Urshifu-R, Tapu Fini and Dragapult. It also forms a good Regenerator core with Tornadus-T.

Last edited:
Requesting a team with Bisharp + Weavile
Sorry for 2 requests but how about a balance core of gyarados and excadrill
Here's the team: :Excadrill: :Gyarados: :Weavile: :Bisharp: :Volcarona: :Dragonite: (Click the sprites for the import)
Since Excadrill and Gyarados have poor defensive synergy in the tier, I could not fulfill the original request and ended up building a hyper offense, hope you enjoy it!
Excadrill is chosen as the Stealth Rock setter of the team, being the dedicated lead and also keeping hazards off its field with Rapid Spin.
Gyarados is the first sweeper of the team, using a standard Dragon Dance set.
Weavile is the next sweeper, providing a Dark-type resistance due to its typing and priotity with Ice Shard. Life Orb is chosen as its item to increase its breaking power.
Bisharp provides another Dark-type resistance to the team, but its main purpose is to benefit from Defog and pressure Fairy-types.
Volcarona is a potent special sweeper chosen as a way to punish Pokémon like Rillaboom, Kartana and Melmetal.
Last but not least, Dragonite is chosen as an answer to Urshifu-R, also helping Volcarona to check Rillaboom and Kartana.

Last edited:
requesting a team around jirachi + zeraora
Here's the team: :Jirachi: :Zeraora: :Volcarona: :Hydreigon: :Tapu Fini: :Landorus-Therian: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is an offense built around bulky Calm Mind Jirachi and Zeraora.
Jirachi's spread helps it to check fairy types and setup on them, it also outspeeds Hydreigon and make a Substitute not break to Corviknight's Body Press, Toxapex's Knock Off and Blissey's Seismic Toss.
Zeraora uses the standard Bulk Up set, pressuring Water-types, giving Knock Off suport to the team and being able to sweep in late game.
Volcarona is chosen as an answer to Rillaboom, Kartana and Melmetal, also benefiting from Jirachi's ability to PP Stall Heatran's Magma Storm and weaken it.
Hydreigon provides a Dark-type resistance and Heatran answer to the team, also pressuring opposing teams with Nasty Plot setup.
Tapu Fini can check Weavile and Urshifu-R, while also helping to break through defensive cores by Tricking its Choice Scarf and trapping and wearing down opposing Pokémon with Whirlpool and Nature's Madness.
Landorus-T finishes the team, being the Stealth Rock setter and providing an Electric- and Ground-types immunity. It also checks some physical offensive Pokémon, like Garchomp.

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
ferrothorn please
suicune, thanks
:ferrothorn: :clefable: :toxapex: :hippowdon: :suicune: :tornadus-therian: >>team<<
Fat hazard spam with 2 broken wincons and wish bell clef to keep everything from ever dying.
:Ferrothorn: Set Spikes, grass check, and weav check. Bpress is chosen to relieve pressure off of clefable vs sub Kyurem and allows Ferro to do anything at all to Bisharp, because the only other checks I have are bad and die.

:toxapex: Handles Fini with pjab, primary weavile check, aids massively in handling Dragapult, stops CM clef from 6-0ing. It's pex u know what it does.

:hippowdon: Big man hippo is the sturdiest electric check in the tier and i knew i wanted something fat so i went with this. ur primary Heatran counterplay, it functions well enough at keeping up rocks as long as ur abusing any attempt corv makes to defog hard. between this and Ferro, electrics making progress is p hard, which is important because of the wincons I planned to use.

:clefable: I'll get into those in a minute though, because this mon is vital to the functionality of this team. Unaware provides a sturdy check to a ton of random garbage like SD chomper, SD rilla, and SD Weav, whilst Bell+Wish garuntees that this team will never die as long as u play it right.

:Suicune: The worst pokemon ever invented, Vincune functions as a fantastic heatran check with Bell support and constantly forces progress via PP stall and Scald burns. With hazards up, this pokemon is damn near impossible to deal with. Wish makes keeping it healthy a non issue as well.

:Tornadus-therian: Gambler NP Torn provides speed control vs Kartana, an obligatory ground immune, an extremely powerful secondary wincon, and a way to force Corv to get out via +2 Heat waves. Despite its inherent inconsistency, Torn is fairly good at making most teams panic really hard with powerful stabs, and it practically invalidates anything without a proper Flying resist. just hit lol

threats
:haxorus: literally just this but u r 6-0'd. all u can do is dance around it if u scald burn.
tl:dr NP Torn+Cune are really good wincons and the team does a good job defensively handling what they cannot whilst supporting their attempts to win via wishes, status removal, and hazards.

Last edited:
I'd like to request a team with Mimikyu. I've tried it multiple times before but I just can't get a viable team around it.
Here's the team: :Mimikyu: :Dragapult: :Urshifu-Rapid Strike: :Volcarona: :Bisharp: :Landorus-Therian: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is a hyper offense built around Mimikyu.
Mimikyu is here with its standard Swords Dance set, being able to sweep after weakening the opposing team.
Dragapult is chosen with a Choice Band set, sharing checks with Mimikyu and wearing them down.
Urshifu-R provides a soft check to Weavile and Bisharp, while running a Whirlpool + Taunt set to bait Toxapex and KO it, helping Mimikyu to potentially sweep in an endgame.
Volcarona checks Rillaboom, Kartana and Melmetal, also benefiting from Urshifu-R's ability to get rid of Toxapex to setup and start a possible sweep.
Bisharp gives a Ghost-type resistance to the team, also pressuring the opposing team with Knock Off support and punishing the use of Defog.
Landorus-T finishes the team, being the Stealth Rock setter and providing an Electric- and Ground-types immunity. It also checks some physical offensive Pokémon, like Garchomp.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Requesting Sub SD Lando-T. Thanks.
Here’s the team: :urshifu-rapid-strike::dragonite::slowbro::landorus-therian::dragapult::heatran:
(Click on sprite for paste)

Sorry for taking so long man, please blame Gomi
Anyhow with sub sd lando being the focal point, I tried to address the 2 main mons stopping this mon which are urshifu and weavile.

:urshifu-rapid-strike: is checked with the combination of :slowbro: and defensive :dragonite:, it should not be a threat under any circumstances. Both can indefinitely switchin unless it has ice punch for dnite. :rillaboom: is another problem which is easily handled by dnite, even with rocks up and boots knocked it can comfortably switch in.

:weavile: is a much bigger threat but it only gets a hit off on 2 mons which is :landorus-therian: and :dragonite:. Colbur bro was put in to stop this mon dead in its track. It can comfortably live a +2 knock and ohko back with body press. This also helps with the bisharp mu. Try to play much more aggressively around this threat.

:urshifu-rapid-strike: :dragapult: :heatran: take up the last remaining slots forming a great offensive core with tran as the rocker and clef check. Fsight support+shifu/pult can win you games more often than sub sd lando imo. Overall this team has almost an unlosable mu vs stall and most fat teams. Although it does sometimes struggle against HO and certain variations of rain featuring offensive zapdos.

Try to play much more patiently with lando, this set requires you to be healthy late game to put in work. It can catch people by surprise in late game situations if you pull out the sub/smack down on their switchin to their lando “counter” in corv or other flying types.

I hope you enjoy! (Sorry about the wait)

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Requesting a team with G-Slowking and Mandibuzz if possible. Please/Thank you

:ss/slowking-galar: :ss/Mandibuzz:
Here’s the team::slowking-galar::mandibuzz::landorus-therian::kartana::magnezone::tapu-fini:
(Click on sprites for paste)

:slowking-galar: and :mandibuzz: are both great partners for each other. Blanket checking major threats such as :clefable: :garchomp: :kartana: :scizor: and :rillaboom:.

:slowking-galar: Yes I know a very weird set, but it can successfully trap pex which is a great hinderance to this team. Half way building this I also realized volc was a huge issue and having spdef lando as the only check wasnt reliable enough. Whirl pool into psyshock will almost ohko offensive volc and guarantee 2hko defensive volc stopping it in its tracks.

:mandibuzz: Didnt put too much thought into this, the traditional physdef smogon spread while also living 2 specs dracos from pult on switchin.

I wanted to build around :kartana: and :magnezone: which can both benefit a lot from glowking and mandibuzz. Chople zone was chosen but you can also do sub lefties which can both work just as good. Same spread is fine. Adrenaline orb kartana has great sweeping potential with landorus being the most popular mon on most teams rn. One speed boost late game into +2 is a game ender for most teams.

:landorus-therian: as the rocker and spreading status. You can put this mon on almost every team.

With weavile and shifu being almost omni present I went with :tapu-fini: as the last mon as I didn’t like pex and glowking on the same team. It can soft check both these threats while providing great sweeping potential late game if ferrothorn is removed magnezone and pex removed by glowking.

Overall a great BO team against both fat and offensive teams with rain being the only major issue. Specs volcanion is rising in usage, the combo of skewda+volcanion will wreck this team.

I hope you enjoy!

I'd like a team with Primarina if possible, thanks :D
Here's the team: :Primarina: :Weavile: :Magnezone: :Slowking-Galar: :Landorus-Therian: :Tornadus-Therian: (Click the sprites for the import)
This team is a bulky offense built around Choice Specs Primarina.
Primarina runs its Choice Specs set to maximize its offensive power, keeping the momentum with Flip Turn and soft checking Pokémon like Heatran.
Weavile is chosen as the second Pokémon due to its Speed stat, Knock Off support and to its typing providing a Ghost-type resistance to the team.
Magnezone can trap and KO opposing Steel-type Pokémon like Ferrothorn and Corviknight, helping both Primarina and Weavile to break through opposing teams.
Slowking-G provides Future Sight support to the breakers of the team, also checking Fairy-types and other Special Attacker Pokémon of the tier.
Landorus-T is the Stealth Rock setter and Electric- and Ground-types immunity of the team, checking Pokémon like Garchomp and opposing Landorus-T. It also gives Knock Off support to the team and can keep the momentum with U-Turn.
Tornadus-T finishes the team, being the check to Rillaboom and Kartana. It has Knock Off support and keep the momentum, also wearing down opposing steels with Heat Wave.

Last edited:

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Mew imprision/Block/transform/soft-boiled
Here’s the team::mew::blissey::clefable::garchomp::corviknight::toxapex:
(click on sprites for paste)
I tried to make a non stall variant but I just found it nearly impossible, the trapper mew set just didnt fit on balance/offensive builds so I made this very obese team for you.

:mew: and :clefable: obviously the main wincons on this stall team with mew easily dispatching opposing fat teams and cm unaware clef being a big nuisance vs both ho and balance builds.

With fsight+urshifu/weavile being the most common archetype right now and stall easily falling to that, light screen :toxapex: was put in place to stop that. Going hard pex on the fsight setter and setting up light screen will make the mu very playable.

The rest of the team is very self explanatory, :blissey: as the special sponge and :corviknight: as the fogger.

Lastly :garchomp: was added in as the rocker and to better improve the :heatran: matchup. With rest+heal bell support, chomp should be able to stay healthy throughout the game to check it.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Gomi

yep
Could you please build me a team around Scarfed Kartana? Thank you!
:kartana: :urshifu: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :tapu fini: :heatran: >>team<<
generic scarf kart BO, this set always creates either AV zone HOs or urshi BOs tbh.
:kartana: speed control, extra surging resist. cleans late game p reliably once birds die
:urshifu: this is good at luring and dispatching of birds so i figured why not. protective pads FP still retains solid breaking capatilies whilst breaking birds attempting to sit on surgings and cc only 3hkoing via roosting.
:weavile: main breaker, not much more to say. eats pult Sball and clicks ada knock+axel.
:landorus-therian: glue, ground, and ground immune. EP allows you to consistently beat kartana.
:tapu fini: primary urshi vile check, helps in breaking by trapping non shed pex n stuff.
:heatran: rocker, magma storm broken, checks volc. not much more to add
threats
stall in general you can't break any with shedinja or shed toxapex.
tl;dr lure birds with urshifu and weav scarf kart do good.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
:ss/tapu lele: + :ss/blacephalon:
Anyone able to make these two work
Here’s the team: :tapu-lele::blacephalon::tornadus-therian::gastrodon::heatran::clefable:
Shoutouts to the homie TDNT for helping me with this team.

:blacephalon: and :tapu-lele: can break a lot of the common cores right now with mons like corv, glowking, and lando. Scarf lele with fsight provides great breaking power and speed control. Not to mention specs blace can break through most cores alone with the exception of :tyranitar: and :blissey:

:tornadus-therian: was picked as the defogger and serving as the kart check plus knock support. With :volcanion: rain running rampant on olt ladder right now, :gastrodon: is a very underrated pick. The only mon outside of mantine that can take specs steam eruption in rain.

:heatran: as the rocker and to partly help vs the blissey mu. This mon is just a demon against fat. Next i needed to solve the sd weavile/chomp match up so unaware :clefable: was picked up last as the cleric and overall better mu vs HO.

Overall definitely a BO build, try to play patiently with blace as with torn being your sole defogger, rocks won’t be off the field guaranteed.

Ps: I also made a HO variant if your interested in that just leave a message on my profile!

I hope you enjoy!

I would like a team with bulu. Thanks :heart:
sorry i didn't remember that zygod wasn't on VR
:tapu bulu: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :weavile: :urshifu-rapid-strike: (click sprites for importable)
Decided when building around Tapu Bulu wanted to do Grassy Spam with Kartana that benefits Tapu Bulu power in breaking majority of its answer while also boosting the power of Leaf Blade under Grassy-terrain. Kartana has good synergy with Tapu Bulu being able to remove items so it becomes easier to break through teams, and Kartana is running Aerial Ace to hit Buzzwole and Tangrowth hard that attempt in checking Tapu Bulu.

Landorus-T gives the team obligatory Electric and Ground Immunity and due to the Grassy Terrain went with Earth Power with 8 Special Attacks letting it OHKO opposing Kartana after some chip. The given EV Spread lets Landorus-T live +1 Fire Blast from offensive Volcarona after rocks, and the Speed investment makes you be faster than Heatran and the rest is dumped into Defense to be able to switch into Zeraora and Garchomp.

Heatran checks Volcarona and Tapu lele to some extent for the team. The Speed investment makes it be faster than Arctozolt outside of Hail, while the rest of the evs are dumped in Special Defense.

Weavile gives the team a form of Speed control as well as an amazing win condition as it enjoys having the likes of Corviknight, Buzzwole, and Tapu Fini being pressured while also checking Dragapult.

Urshifu-R acts as a secondary breaker to the team while also checking opposing Weavile for the team.

sorry for the wait!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like a team built around band dnite please.
:dragonite::magnezone::tapu fini::landorus-therian::heatran::weavile:
https://pokepast.es/ae3c8bc381a0b710

Hey man, sorry for the wait. Tl;Dr is dnite + weav + Zone punches holes in teams with a defensive core of fini/tran/Lando to not get steamrolled by the common meta threats

Alright, so when I saw this request I remembered pokeaim used it in wcop so I wanted to take a crack at it. Zone is a great, and in my opinion, necessary partner for dnite since it traps corv/skarm/Ferro and can also hit fini/pex decently hard. Fini was added for speed control and a check to weavile/pult/shifu while giving defog support and disrupting fat teams with trick. Heatran gives the team rocks and heavy slam lets it threaten fairies and gking. Spdef Lando t is used to help the team vs Tran, as it defogs against it, pivots well, and gives the team Knock Off support. Finally, weavile was added to sweep end game and be the menace it is, as it appreciates zones trapping abilities and fini/dnite handling shifu for it.

Main thing to watch out for is fs + shifu. Knock it with weavile to remove the cb, then double if you think it's gonna come in.

Hope you like the team!

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Hello, I'd like to request a team built around Choice Band Tyranitar and Calm Mind Clefable
Here’s the team: :tyranitar::clefable::dracozolt::tornadus-therian::garchomp::toxapex:
:tyranitar: and :clefable: are a great sand duo able to break pass many cores. CM lo clef was the obvious choice as with sand storm up, magic guard is a great partner ability.

:dracozolt: was added in next as most teams after :landorus-therian: goes down is helpless against this demon. There is a great tech to counteract this problem.

:garchomp: The goat Skypenguin made this set. Whirlpool surf can trap both :hippowdon: and :landorus-therian:. Whirlpool into expert belt surf will be a 2hko on both mons.

:tornadus-therian: as the fogger and speed control if zolt is outside of sand. Kartana and rillaboom were also both big threats and torn checks both.

:toxapex: was added in as the glue also to provide tspikes support. Knock was dropped for tspikes as tspikes is great support for all the breakers on this team. Not to mention a great :urshifu-rapid-strike: check.

I hope you enjoy!

busy busy
:landorus-therian: :heatran: :gengar: :weavile: :rillaboom: :volcarona: >>team<<
This is a pretty standard offense using 2 pokemon i've been enjoying using on HO alot recently in balloon offensive Heatran and normal gem Landorus. Just so happens scarfgar loves both so i decided to try it out and liked the results.

:heatran: cripples grounds with will o wisp and starts the game off at a breakneck pace with max special attack magma storms, obligatory addition to aid in gar's hatred of Spdef grounds. Flame body is chosen over flash fire because literally no heatran is staying in vs you to click magma storm and it allows you to have a very good chance to burn urshifu rapid if you cant justify going hard Rillaboom.

:landorus-therian: obligatory addition more or less, you dont click rocks that much tbh but a ground+true ground immune is needed. gem explosion forces damage onto grounds, fini, and torn-t very well and the spread given lives a modest +1 Fire blast from an offensive Volcarona after rocks whilst garunteeing that explosion puts a +1 bulkarona in scarfgar revenge killing range.

:gengar: the star of the team more or less, Scarf gengar is frankly alot more versatile than I was expecting. It gives you an enormous leg up vs stall due to trick+being a good stallbreaker and HO just by outspeeding a lot of staples at +1 that other scarfers can fall short on. this mon also has the added benefit of practically winning the sun MU by itself, venu is slower and so are all of the playstyle's relevant scarfers.

:volcarona: I wanted an ice resist to fall back on if heatran dies early game and something that benefits from the general insane pressure this team puts on grounds and waters with the current slots so i just put on a standard roost off Volc. IMO you can run safeguard here but I've ended up preferring this due to the burn on urshifu rapid being damn near expected and game changing for a mon as lacking in checks as this.

:weavile: :rillaboom: I'm grouping these together because they're both here for similar reasons of defensive utility. I knew my last slots would have to be terrain control, a water resist, and a shadow ball stopgap, and these mons fit that category very easily with pretty much no problem at all. Wood hammer>Knock is an option on Rilla if you want it but imo its really not needed here, unaware clef builds lose to gengar quite easily.
Tl;Dr Heatran cripples grounds so that scarf gar+Volc have very free reign to weaken their shared counterplay while Lando, Weav, and Rillaboom provide needed defensive utility and secondary wincons.
liked using this a lot in friendlies ty

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
How about banded Lando-T voltturn
Can I pls request a Zeraora team?
Here’s the team: :landorus-therian::tapu-koko::magnezone::weavile::dragonite::zeraora:
yes ik gomi alrdy made the zeraora team, but more the merrier right!
:landorus-therian: :tapu-koko: :magnezone: obviously forming the volturn core here. Able to pressure each other’s checks immensely namely ferro and metal birds. Edge on lando can be replaced with knock to get rid of shed shell on corv and skarm. The evs on lando allow it to live specs Draco from pult at full. Specs zone in terrain has little to no switchins with both blissey and ferro easily 2hkoed.

:weavile: and :dragonite: were both added in to better pressure grounds such as lando and chomp while providing good defensive utility. You can also choose to run a more defense set with ice beam and heal bell. Although volc does become much more of a threat with equake now not being a 2hko.

:zeraora: was added in last for speed control and another mon to take advantage of electric terrain. Knocking off lando’s leftovers on switchin is also great for late game clean up.

Overall a much more offensive teams, try to play more aggressively and make doubles to force progress on fatter teams getting zone in as much as possible.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Rising Voltage (182 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Ferrothorn in Electric Terrain: 219-258 (62.2 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Rising Voltage (182 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 490-577 (68.6 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 259-306 (67.8 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)