Implemented Team tournament tiebreaker deadlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiebreaker deadlines are currently set on Friday, which have then gotten extended into the weekend in pretty much all of the recent team tournament tiebreakers. If the following round's deadline is going to be a full week after the tiebreaker's conclusion anyway, then why don't we just give a full week to get it done? It's as high stakes as a team tournament game gets, scheduling can be tricky on weekdays when factoring in timezones and the tournament lasts just as long as it would with a Friday deadline. Let's make it a Sunday deadline instead. Bracket tiebreakers, like the one in WCoP this year, make for an obvious exception.

As a frequent tiebreak participant I fully agree with this proposal. Having the subsequent week be 9 days instead of 7 doesn’t make it much more of a breeze. Giving more time for the tiebreak is much more important.

Approved

In a perfect world, we would have a three days deadline, with full and enough 4 days remaining to play the next round since everyone starts to prep wednesday/thursday and plays during the weekend ANYWAY. My prince wish is to finish these long ass tours asap, too, but apparently the rest of the site prefer to punish themselves and like to prep for tyrants/team germany for two whole weeks in every opportunity. Alas.

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
As a frequent tiebreak participant I fully disagree with this proposal. Having the subsequent week be 9 days instead of 7 does make it much more of a breeze. Giving more time for the tiebreak is much less important.

Disapproved

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
This has quieted down enough that it's probably time to close this. There really hasn't been any serious arguments made against this proposal, and splitting the two weeks in 7-7 rather than 5-9 makes a lot of sense in general either way, so we're going to go ahead with this.

Take this as your 24h warning. If nothing else of significance comes up, we'll implement this starting with the upcoming SCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)