Multi-gen 2v2 Pool League I - Manager Signups

approved by Ransei
art by cleffa

Welcome to 2v2 Pool League I!

If you are looking to manage a team, please sign up in this thread. The 2v2 Doubles Pool League is a 4-week event at minimum and has the potential to stretch on a bit further depending on amount of teams and tiebreak situations. Only sign up if you can be active for the this time. For general guidelines on what to do and what not to do, refer to Luigi's guidelines here.

No one is explicitly banned from being a manager in this tournament. However, the host, being Arai, will be choosing good leaders to be managers. Players with a history of being toxic or troublemakers will be much less likely from being chosen as managers. This is for both the hosts who will have to work with the managers a lot and for the potential teams they lead. Please note that having any kind of racist, offensive, disrespectful, or inappropriate name will disqualify your entry. Depending on signups, there will be 4-6 managers picked.

Use this to signup as a manager:
Code:
PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team name:
Why would you be a good manager?:
Manager info
  • Managers must be able to participate in an auction to draft their team.
  • Managers must select the lineup for the round, and send it to me before the round starts. If you don't think you can do this for the duration of 2v2 Pool League I (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
  • Any player can sign up as long as they are not tourbanned.
  • The tournament is likely to last 4 to 6 weeks.

The Deadline for manager signups is Sunday, August 8th, at 11:59 PM GMT-4. You must join the 2v2 Discord server if you want to manage.

Last edited:

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
PS! name: StitChuu
Assistant Manager: Itchyy
Team name: Avant-Gardevoirs
Why would you be a good manager?: Me and itchy have participated in the recent LT and PL respectively and have been a known member of this community for a long time. I played in a lot of team tours and managed a few, and itchy is currently doing a successful job managing 1v1wc so you can count on us to manage a fun and successful team environment.

Logo TBA

Last edited:
I don't play this meta and won't be signing up to manage but I wanted to point out that 4 teams is too few for pools. Since pool size is usually 3-4 you need a minimum of 6 teams if you wanna make 2 pools. If 6 teams, 2 pools of 3 teams play round robin (so 2 weeks), if 8 teams, 2 pools of 4 teams play round robin (so 3 weeks). I don't know of a way to organize 4 teams into pools that actually makes sense. Especially since if you put 4 teams into one "pool", you're just playing regular round robin. Maybe I'm missing something, so feel free to clown on me if I am, but I wanted to point this out.

Whoever reads this post, consider unliking StitChuu's post and giving your like to me instead. God knows Stitch has way too many likes already.

I don't play this meta and won't be signing up to manage but I wanted to point out that 4 teams is too few for pools. Since pool size is usually 3-4 you need a minimum of 6 teams if you wanna make 2 pools. If 6 teams, 2 pools of 3 teams play round robin (so 2 weeks), if 8 teams, 2 pools of 4 teams play round robin (so 3 weeks). I don't know of a way to organize 4 teams into pools that actually makes sense. Especially since if you put 4 teams into one "pool", you're just playing regular round robin. Maybe I'm missing something, so feel free to clown on me if I am, but I wanted to point this out.

Whoever reads this post, consider unliking StitChuu's post and giving your like to me instead. God knows Stitch has way too many likes already.
My apologies for the delay but the intended plan was to run either a single pool Round Robin or multiple pools, depending on signups.

Last edited:
PS! name: Blanched
Assistant Manager: Death2theWest
Team name: Pogging Porygons
Why would you be a good manager?: D2 and I possess the unbeatable qualities of incredible picking(me), metagame knowledge and community involvement(D2), dashing good looks(me), and irish(D2). We will be able to support all 6 of our slots and keep team morale high, as we already have experience managing teamtours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)