Smogon VGCPL - Semifinals

zee

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
1629086720657.png

Art by Meganium1579

ITS PLAYOFFS BABY

REPLAYS REQUIRED N ALL THAT GOOD STUFF

1629087308725.png
1629087340520.png

Pacifidlog Politoeds (4) vs Eggseter Elekids (2)

VGC 21: Asada Shino San vs kimnaise
VGC 21: flyingfalcons7 vs raisedintyo
VGC 21: Ace Emerald vs Serapis
VGC 21: Teka vs Eddie1840
VGC 21: cyan_vg vs Vaboh
VGC 19: Brady1225 vs ValentineVGC
VGC 18: Hobbit_jr98 vs RdmH3
VGC 17: Deathstroke vs Raghav Malaviya

:ss/stoutland:
1629087390598.png

Seven Island Stoutlands (5) vs Motostoke Eiscues (2)

VGC 21: Eeveon7 vs TonyFlygon
VGC 21: AuraRayquaza vs dev611
VGC 21: Helios of Sun vs z0mOG
VGC 21: JagSamurott vs AtmosphereVGC
VGC 21: Memoric vs Shadowmonstr7
VGC 19: Zelda vs Agati
VGC 18: Oriol Plaza vs shiloh
VGC 17: ChosenFuture vs Human

Last edited:

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
Ladies and Gentlemen, While my team didnt reach playoffs I decided to still go for the predictions. The theme of the predictions is simply the better record out of the 2 in the smogon PL with some amazing analysis as always

Pacifidlog Politoeds (0) vs Eggseter Elekids (0)

VGC 21: Asada Shino San vs kimnaise - ok this is tough, while Brian has lesser loss in 3-1 , Hakim has more wins and more played in 4-3. The fun fact is that they shared 3 of the same opponents which is AuraRayquaza,Zee and Namuko. also 2/3 loss of Hakim is to Sohaib and AuraRayquaza who is both 7-0.
VGC 21: flyingfalcons7 vs raisedintyo -Nikhil is 4-3 and Vishy is 3-2 so the predictor goes to Nikhil on this one. Get Reddy for a good HO match as I think both players likes to play HO so thats what I expect on this match.
VGC 21: Ace Emerald vs Serapis - After getting traded to Politoeds before the season starts ,Nicolas has proved that he is a definitely a steal at his initial prize with a smashing 5-1 record over Jeremy's 3-4 which one of the loss is to Nicolas himself. My heart says Jeremy but the statistics says Nicolas.
VGC 21: Teka vs Eddie1840 - Teka is 2-2 but also 2/2 when I predict against him and Eddie played more with 4-3. Prove me wrong again I guess
VGC 21: cyan_vg vs Vaboh- first time predicting for varoong , he has a 4-2 record while vaboh has been sitting on the bench at 0-1. Vaboh might be the secret weapon after all
VGC 19: Brady1225 vs ValentineVGC- Andrew just entered the roster so his record is 0-0 and Brady has an amazing 5-2 record coming in this tournament. Also if im not mistaken Andrew started playing VGC in 2020 so this will be interesting.
VGC 18: Hobbit_jr98 vs RdmH3 - RdmH3 has a 5-2 record but the fun fact is he is 5-0 in VGC 2018. This season is quite tough for Henry as he has a 1-4 record.
VGC 17: Deathstroke vs Raghav Malaviya - Raghav is 4-1 and Melvin is 1-2.But this match is manager vs manager so should be interesting

Seven Island Stoutlands (0) vs Motostoke Eiscues (0)

VGC 21: Eeveon7 vs TonyFlygon - They are both 1-0 so this is also the battle of the undefeated. By looking at the opponent they played , Sapphire played Nate which finished 1-4 and Tony played Vishy which has a 3-2 record so we got to go to my former BSPL teammate on this one. Winner will stay undefeated and loser will have a 50% win rate

VGC 21: AuraRayquaza vs dev611- This is the match of the playoffs and the match for the MVP discussion. both are 7-0 , and more or less have the same quality of opponents. So this goes to the tie break of the total of the number of wins generated of the opponents. AuraRayquaza faced Asada Shino (3-1) , Kotomi (0-4), JRL (0-3), JoeUX9(4-2) , Liakos (3-3) , Sableye (3-4) which has the total of 17 wins 13 losses (- Aray) and Sohaib played Play on Birds (0-3), Oriol (1-4), EclipseOwl (2-4) , Jomatoes (2-3) , Clipperz1235 ( 5-2) , Kimnaise (4-3) and Hobbit (1-4) which has a total of 15 wins 16 losses (- Sohaib). Anywho winner of this will be the true undefeated player in this league ( can change in finals / winner still loses)
VGC 21: Helios of Sun vs z0mOG - love both of these guys sadly the record has me choosing helios over my man Ryan Haig. Both have 4 wins and I'm pretty sure theyre going to prep for each other. This comes down to who is going to bring the better team
VGC 21: JagSamurott vs AtmosphereVGC -Rough season for Nate as he is 1-4 and Josh has 3-2 record. they are both epic gamers.
VGC 21: Memoric vs Shadowmonstr7- Glenn has a 4-2 record while shadowmonstr7 has 2-2 record.
VGC 19: Zelda vs Agati - Agati has a 5-2 record and Zelda has a 2-3 record.
VGC 18: Oriol Plaza vs shiloh - My boy Oriol has been struggling this season with a 1-4 record and Shiloh has a record of 4-3. my heart says Oriol but the statistics says Shiloh
VGC 17: ChosenFuture vs Human - Kats has a 5-2 record and only played 17 all smogon pl and Enosh has a 2-5 record.

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:
i can do an in depth one since theres only one team for me to predict on :D
VGC 21: Eeveon7 vs TonyFlygon - DOU legend, also we have our own flygon fanatic at the Politoeds so I had to vote for TonyFlygon
VGC 21: AuraRayquaza vs dev611 - Match of the season tbh, both the undefeated players from prelims are facing off here, its also really hard to root for anyone here since I respect both taran and sohaib a lot, but I'm going to give the edge to taran since his tournament results have been better overall.
VGC 21: Helios of Sun vs z0mOG - z0mOG and Helios are both newer players, but z0mOG has been popping off harder than Helios atm.
VGC 21: JagSamurott vs AtmosphereVGC - I expect Jag to bring some cool stuff, but Atmosphere is built different
VGC 21: Memoric vs Shadowmonstr7 - While these 2 are both really strong DOU players, Memoric is more experienced so I'm going with him
VGC 19: Zelda vs Agati - Both these players cut worlds in a restricted format, difference is Agati did it in the format they are playing this week
VGC 18: Oriol Plaza vs shiloh - oriol is a monster in team tours, i expect him to do the proper prep especially since its playoffs
VGC 17: ChosenFuture vs Human - Kats has a super solid record coming into playoffs and has only played 17 iirc, but this battle is anyone's game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)