Tournament TLT V: Tours' Leaderboard Tournament

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
We still have this atm: the third game Is a game on "neutral" grounds. Tho as anyone ever can tell you: bo1 are notoriously frustrating for how likely a fluke would be to happen.

The idea is too make it so that a player who is slightly better who have 3 neutral ground games to prove they are better than the opponent, rather than each playing their main and then having 1 neutral grounds game.
This is pretty idealistic but there is the wrinkle that it probably means you won't get to play the tier you're best at, for better or for worse. If I qualed I probably would be lucky to play a single game of DOU. Yes that makes me have to play other tiers, but that also means that you'd be essentially disregarding the biggest chunk of what puts each player in contention to be the best tours player. The BO1 thing is a problem and obviously there's no easy fix in this situation, but I do think that being good at Pokemon transcends tiers even if you may be more learned/practiced in one tier, as long as you have a minimum amount of metagame knowledge and are good enough at the game it should be a mostly fair and even format. If you lost in a tier your opponent mains, then so be it, all power to them for being good in that tier. I would say its not infrequent that a mainer loses in their own tier, even in something as "siloized" as DOU appears to be; as long as you put in a little bit of practice you'll still be disadvantaged (which is natural, someone has to have an advantage) but a good player still has a decent fighting chance.

sugar ovens

blood inside
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Wouldnt it make more sense for there to be 1 ban before either player picks?
when i join a tournament, i do so to play what i enjoy playing.. personally i wouldn't be very excited about a tournament in which i don't get a single game in my favourite tier because it's perceived as a tier that i'm strongest at and banned. Obviously "enjoyment" is subjective but eh, so is "competitiveness". Making this a bo5 would make more sense if you want to improve that

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Congratulations to our Cycle One qualifiers!
1. Elfuseon (247)
2. p4P1//0n (247)
3. udongirl (213)
4. Crunchman (200)
5. SoftLithium ( PokemonCestDur ) (197)
6. Gray (187)
7. Stareal (187)
8. Lukasjoel1 (165)

Subs
9. mushamu (151)
10. Failbor (126)

If I tagged you above, you must post in this thread with the following information:
PS! Name:
Timezone:
Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

You have until the next cycle ends on October 16th to post your confirmation. Thanks to everyone participating so far, and good luck to those hoping to qualify in the next cycles!

Elfuseon

is a Top Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Elfuseon , -5 once week1 start

Yeah yeah i'm not an alt of any high ladder guy or celebrity, confirming my top1 in my first attempt in TLT.

All this run was amazing alongside with my fellow french canadien p4P1//0n , thanks buddy and i wish you the best in the future.

Last edited:

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Congratulations to our Cycle Two qualifiers!

1. Tiggerio ( Axelsior ) (255)
2. spicylife ( crying ) (163)
3. halaman95 (137)
4. skimmythegod (133)
5. Ron...5 (133)
6. mushamu (120)
7. MalMoonsault (118)
8. zokua ( zokua2908 ) (117)

Subs:
9. Staff of Homa ( I want Atago to sit on me ) (109)
10. Denison123 (108)

If I tagged you above, you must post in this thread with the following information:
PS! Name:
Timezone:
Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

You have until the next cycle ends on October 31st to post your confirmation. Thanks to everyone participating so far, and good luck to everyone in the last two cycles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)