Smeargle's Studio's SmogFight!

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
1634007527510.png

(art by the amazing cleffa)
Heyo Smeargle’s Studio, welcome to the first edition of SmogFight! Inspired by ArtFight, a popular online art game/competition, SmogFight attempts to meld the tight-knit communal aspects of Smeargle’s with the competitiveness and innovation of ArtFight. Here’s how it works!

• Signups will be open for about a week, throughout which individuals can sign up either in teams of 3 or as free agents. Free agents are randomly put together in teams of three; free agents can also contact each other separately to form teams.
  • Individuals "reserve" 3 Pokemon; these mons are their "characters" and represent them; This means each team has a total of 9 "characters"
  • The goal of SmogFight is to rack up points by attacking other teams; teams “attack” each other by making art of the Pokemon “reserved” by the opposing team and posting it in the thread. These attacks need to be distinct; please do not use or recycle old pieces of yours for the event!
  • If a team gets attacked, they can "revenge" the attack by attacking the team that attacked them. Revenges also give you points.
  • Teams can post a maximum of 4 pieces(includes attacks and revenges) per week
  • Attacks are scored on the basis of the following:
    Level of finish, background detail, level of shading, and number of Pokemon
  • Attacks are scored by a council of 4, consisting of the following members: cleffa, Kaiju Bunny, lydian, and Zephyri
  • The point standings will be publicly available and regularly updated
  • The team with the most points wins a banner you can put in your signature!
  • The event starts on October 18th and ends on November 18th; good luck to all!
  • (signups are open for 1 week, sign up in this thread)

Signup Format:

For free agents:
-Smogon Name
-Availability
-Discord ID
-Your chosen Pokemon (9, 3 per teammate)

For teams:
-Members of team
-Team Name
-Your chosen Pokemon (3)

This event will be hosted by me and cleffa, happy drawing! :)
1634007554901.png

(art by the awesome Kaiju Bunny)

Standings:

1. Team A&C: 885 pts (link to signup post)
2. Team Sandstorm: 515 pts (link to signup post)
3. Team Cuckolds: 387 pts (link to signup post)
4. Team TFG: 287 pts (link to signup post)
5: Team Galactic: 270 pts (link to signup post)
6. Team Hex: 242 pts (link to signup post)

Last edited:

Zephyri

so do the 'attacks' have to depict our representative pokemon actually fighting the opposing team? or do we just draw any kind of art with the opposing team's pokemon as the main subject
the second one! any kind of art with the opposing team's mons as the main subject works

How is this different from the battle free for all? Aside from how this has teams and fixed pokemon.
battle free for all requires you to draw one pokemon "beating" another; this has no requirement of that. additionally, this event is competitive since attacks are scored. i'd argue that the teams thing alongside fixed pokemon is a pretty big factor but we can disagree there haha

Welp, now im in a team =D, not a free agent anymore
-Gaboswampert
-Im almost always available, some days a little busy, but normaly available
-Gaboswampert1#9806
-Swampert, hydreigon (it can be shiny???), and grapploct

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Aight so about signing up as a team; if signing up as a team, do you need to have two other users down to join beforehand, or can you just sign up as a team and have slots open for other people to join? Additionally, what happens if there are an odd amount of people? Having a four person team sounds pretty unbalanced, while having a one/two person team also seems pretty unfun

Also, some extra info on exactly how pieces will be scored would be nice, since ArtFight has a detailing guide to how attacks are rated and are not - as far as I know - rated by a group of people, while having a group of four users decide on the scoring here sounds subjective as hell and not like a fun time

Also also, as a sidenote, I'm now accepting sign ups for Team Cuckold. Please submit a 500 word minimum essay on a subject of your choice and I'll pin your name on a dartboard. Sign ups for Team Cuckold end when I find a store that'll sell me darts without the dartboard, cause I lost mine ages ago after attempting to perform freestyle butterfly mounting
A team name change is negotiable but requires another 500 word minimum essay detailing why you want it changed. Or just ask politely or something idk, I'm open to suggestions

Zephyri

Aight so about signing up as a team; if signing up as a team, do you need to have two other users down to join beforehand, or can you just sign up as a team and have slots open for other people to join? Additionally, what happens if there are an odd amount of people? Having a four person team sounds pretty unbalanced, while having a one/two person team also seems pretty unfun

Also, some extra info on exactly how pieces will be scored would be nice, since ArtFight has a detailing guide to how attacks are rated and are not - as far as I know - rated by a group of people, while having a group of four users decide on the scoring here sounds subjective as hell and not like a fun time
i'll answer these one by one! to your first question, if you're signing up as a team you do need both users to agree to join beforehand. However, free agents CAN come together and form a team during the signup phase. Wrt the odd amount of people thing, I'll be honest in saying that I don't reeeeeally have a plan for that; if it were up to me and me alone I'd probably make it so you'd have a team/s of 2/4 people since, considering that there's a limit on the number of art pieces that you can submit per week, having an extra person isn't like an insurmountable advantage. This probably needs to be discussed with the rest of the council though. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to PM me :]

To your second point, the council has a criteria sheet that's pretty rigid and explicit in how it scores art pieces; however, we decided not to make it publicly available for the duration of the competition since we don't want teams making pieces that satisfy the bare minimum requirements for specific criteria and/or abusing the point system in other ways. However, after the event, participants are free to PM any member of the council to ask about the criteria sheet.

I hope this answers your questions; if you have anything else you'd like to ask, PM me on Discord at Zephyri#6247

OMG I'm so excited for this!! I'm gonna be joining as a free agent :D
-Smogon Name: ThatStepStone
-Availability: A bit busy, but I can do some stuff :3
-Discord ID: TheStepStone#5272 (I'm not that active in discord)
-My chosen pokemon: Reuniclus, Gigalith and Cofagrigus

bro torterra

Not even top 5
free agent !!
b-torterra, me
i’m gmt-7 and not available mornings cause school
disc is bt#3729
i’ll choose torterra, sandshrew-alola, and aipom

anybody want to make a team with me :[?

Last edited:
Free Agent
-Smogon Name: Quoise
-Availibility: GMT -5, I have remote college as of now (at minimum, I'll be avail. weekends and weekday evenings)
-Discord ID: Quoise#3723
-Your chosen Pokemon: Hoopa-Confined (regular forme), Corsola and Porygon-Z

"hoop hoop."
20211013_212738.jpg

Last edited:
Free Agent (unless someone want to make a team and recruit me) Let's go Team Galatic WOOT!!!!!!!!
Smogon Name: EeveeGirl1380
Availability: GMT -5, not until around 4pm EST
Discord Name: EeveeGirl#4174
Chosen Pokémon: Umbreon, Flygon, Alcremie (Any form)
1634318515052.png

Last edited:
I'll try this out as a free agent?
(unless someone wants to recruit me then.. :eyes:)

edit: got invited into a team, :eyes:
  • Smogon Name:
  • Availability: (EST | UTC -4)
    • I'm normally available in the afternoon but I sometimes I lose track of time playing FFXIV past midnight haha.
  • Discord ID:
    • V²#6058
  • Your chosen Pokemon:
    1. Trapinch
    2. Ursaring
    3. Golduck
trio.png

Last edited:
Guess I'll try this out! I'm joining as a free agent since I have no team. Been looking for ways to improve my art and this sounds like a fun thing to try!

-Smogon Name: FletchHead
-Availability: Usually weekdays after 4 PM EST and generally whenever on the weekends.
-Discord ID: FletchHead#9608
-Your chosen Pokemon: Chandelure, Araquanid, Gallade

Thanks! :)

signing up with the most based, most epic, most rad team to ever exist in the world ever
View attachment 377922

THE FUN GANG

Magnum - Resident Australian: Dragonite, Archeops, Ampharos-Mega
ausma - Resident Mom-Doer: Whimsicott, Meowstic, Fennekin
Fusion Flare - Resident Tangrowth: Tangrowth, Reshiram, Empoleon
pls nerf fun gang is so op can one shot full def stakataka of an non very efective move ok thx..

xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)