• Sijih: didnt understand the assignment

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Bughouse: good horse

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi everyone,

it has been a long time since smogon has had a facelift

with that in mind, myself and a number of selfless users have taken it upon ourselves to whip up some new art for the front page, in the traditional colour-coded style

included are our attempts

please feel free to post your own attempts so we can include them on the front page

here's mine:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
Lol tf how do these guys not have an Artist badge already??
I don't think you guys understand my joke. It's ok, sometimes Alba(tross) jokes go over peoples heads due to their intense complexity. Allow me to explain. Az (the user who posted this thread we are ITT) used to be the Artist's leader. Yeah, he's kind of a big deal. Many of you younger users wouldn't know. That was kind of a deep cut. You wouldn't get it, you kinda had to be there. Anyways hope you all have a good night xx

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
To tell you the truth, there's a huge problem with the modern internet. There's too much stuff going on. Too many pop-up ads, too much moving text, too many bright colors, and too many fancy clickable elements. There's way too much javascript and way too much CSS. Depending on your connection it can take over a second to load CNN's frontpage! What on Earth happened to "high speed information interchange"?

When you look back at the birth of the internet, you see something better. Look at the first webpage ever. See how quick it loads? See how easy it is to visually process the page? There's a beauty in that simplicity.

So I propose that Smogon do the same. Get rid of all those colors! Get rid of all those themes (sorry Lumari)! Get rid of all of it! Smogon needs to be representable with just basic html.

Here's my mockup for the new face of the Smogon forums:

Doesn't that look so much better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)