1v1 2021 1v1 Circuit Championship - Finals [Won by Gym Socks!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Welcome to the second 1v1 Circuit Championship! The top 16 1v1 players of the year worked hard to reach this point, and now the best of them will receive the 1v1 Circuit Champion banner and a custom avatar! Final standings of the 1v1 Circuit can be found here.

Tournament Rules:

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16)
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15)
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14)
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13)
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12)
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11)
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10)
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9)
Winners' Round 2

Vrji (16) vs XanderUrBoi (9)
Mishlef (13) vs Gym Socks! (5)
Potatochan (2) vs abd1710 (10)
pattek (14) vs Bomb21XD (6)

Losers' Round 1

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs DEG (8)
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Nalei (12)
D2TheW (15) vs pqs (7)
torterraxx (3) vs Tom842 (11)
XanderUrBoi (9) vs Gym Socks! (5)
Potatochan (2) vs Bye 1 (14)

Losers' Round 3

DEG (8) vs Nalei (12)
D2TheW (15) vs torterraxx (3)
Losers' Round 4

XanderUrBoi (9) vs Nalei (12)
Bye 1 vs D2TheW (15)
Winners' Finals

Gym Socks! (5) vs Potatochan (2)

Losers' Semifinals

Nalei (12) vs D2TheW (15)

Losers' Finals

Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15)

Tournament Bracket

The deadline is Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

As an added note, Daylight Savings has now struck for the Americas as of yesterday, so be sure to take that into account when scheduling.

Last edited by a moderator:
lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) holy fragments the best player to ever do it goat how could vrji ever compete etc.
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) papi will get tossed by some idiot d2 tech or play and be like "what!!! who runs that?!?!?! who does that!!!!!" and everyone watching who expects papi to win champs will go :O
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) i would bold pattek against 85% of the players here but torterra is like, anti pattek, if that makes any sense
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) joker like, isn't good at ss 1v1
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) gym will be like "ok time to cteam" -> open scouter: "what the frog???" and bring no sucker punch urshifu and lose
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) durant is unironically one of the mons you can cteam bomb with rofl!
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) pqs will lose :100:
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) its deg bruh

Epic predicts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fragments (50) vs Vrji (50) this one could go either way

Potatochan (60) vs D2TheW (40) ITS FUCKING POTATOCHAN. He bodied everyone in LT. Literally one of the best Ssers

Torterrax (65) vs pattek (35) something tells me pattek is going to lose this

Joker 1v1 (30) vs Mishlef (70) mish is a very good player but I can see joker having a chance too

Gym Socks! (50) vs Nalei (50) I also see this going either way

Bomb21XD (49) vs Tom842 (51) Tom def has the edge

DEG (80) vs XanderUrBoi (20) this one seems one sided

Time for everyone to mald about this, ggs

Oh yea…

pqs (90) vs abd (10) ok bye

Last edited:
lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) The continued lack of switching to the name Fragments on Smogon will inevitably result in the poke Gods looking down in shame at this act of defiance. However if anyone can defy the poke Gods and survive to tell the tale, it’s Frag.
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) Victini Is banned while ditto is not, therefore D2 will be able to unleash his metal powder limber Ditto (sorry for team leaking) while Papi’s no stab moves mixed ebelt victini will be powerless against it.
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) turn to an addic I bought me a patek I bought her a baby one
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) In an incredible twist joker and Mish will agree to play true 1v1 and Mish will manage to bring 0 pokemon in the ultimate mind game of all resulting in Joker overthinking and clicking forfeit resulting in a 7 page tour policy discussion on it it was throwing and both being subsequently DQ’d
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) Via the useful advice of Zio “All of Nalei’s teams are 3-0d by Sylveon”
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) Azumarill is always band and always strong while durant is sometimes band and sometimes strong. You do the math.
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) Pqs will win on act as Stable harasses Boat for the 50th time calling act on behalf of pqs
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) Xander will be in a last minute last hit situation of g5 with deg seemingly having no way to lose the matchup and then Lebanon will decide to implode on itself, cutting the wifi, leading to an unsatisfying but nonetheless climactic DC win for Xander

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
TI-84 predicts bc I don't want to actually make value judgements of people (bolded deg automatically for obvious reasons)

~~~

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) - Frag playing a format with 4 or less Pokemon
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - Insert potato versus irishman joke here
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - There is no way to lose to subtect sect this time :100:
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - Mishlef was tourbanned what no how
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - Even though this is not bo7, Nalei will find a way to win
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) - The power of the wow react is no match for Bomb's innovative teambuilding
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - They'll play next friday or next month, but until then abd will be asking anyone he can for teams
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - DEG will not get memed on - their simp energy is too strong <3

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) - obligatory to bold against myself (I am extraordinarily humble)
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - papi is one of the best builders, players, and, perhaps most impressive, has a gf, that said D2 in 5
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - new patek on my wrist (gang), white diamonds them shits hit pink (gang, gang)
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - bring more than one mon you dork
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - hate to bold against a fellow raccoon but nalei is my bestie (so true)
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) - durant beats hyrdeigon
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - pqs can't win another individual tour in a row or the universe might burst
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - guess what DEG I'm gonna likewhore this post get dabbed on you chicken nugget

Free XSTATIC COLD

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) Vrji is a competent and unpredictable builder and player, but Fragments outclicks nearly everyone.
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) Potatochan has won way more Elo Bandit tours, sorry D2.
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) Torterra is on a hot streak after Seasonal and they consistently perform above and beyond in bo5s.
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) Fewer pokemon = higher chance of winning.
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) Gym Socks will miss Icicle Crash twice.
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) Tom will miss Iron Head twice.
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) The Elo Bandit tours champion can't lose!
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) Good luck.

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) - frag is probably rusty but i’m sure he could crush vrji 3-0 in his sleep
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - the pressure will get to me
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - torterraxx is just coming off a strong win in ssnl + he’s the goat, pattek is also using gohar teams = insta loss
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - bringing one pokemon is now allowed, so mishlef will try to stunt again for redemption and lose
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - hopefully this series gives us a new top 5 gym socks moment
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - pqs probably wins this in the teambuilder even though i feel like abd would outpick him
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - deg is just a fundamentally good player and should win this

any complaints go to my secretary Gohar.
lvl100Blaziken(1) vs Vrji (16) - vrji = virgin. frag is a better clicker even w poopsauce teams he'll toss vrji. could see vrji winning cus he's prolly motivated af while frag isn't
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - d2 hella underrated man.. but he's our only line of defense from potatochan making finals easy so ima root for him :3!!
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - feeling like yung shahrukh
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - west rejects typically do good in champs from record
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - only guy that beat me in my whole 1v1 career
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (9) - hope both of them get banned for throwing with the teams they bring
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - LETS GOO TEAM INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - Xander took a couple of games vs me and even brought CHOICE BAND MANTINE vs me in g5 of our series. mad respect to him. he will actually dog deg's cheeks

any complaints go to my secretary Gohar.
lvl100Blaziken(1) vs Vrji (16) - vrji = virgin. frag is a better clicker even w poopsauce teams he'll toss vrji. could see vrji winning cus he's prolly motivated af while frag isn't
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - d2 hella underrated man.. but he's our only line of defense from potatochan making finals easy so ima root for him :3!!
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - feeling like yung shahrukh
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - west rejects typically do good in champs from record
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - only guy that beat me in my whole 1v1 career
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (9) - hope both of them get banned for throwing with the teams they bring
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - LETS GOO TEAM INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - Xander took a couple of games vs me and even brought CHOICE BAND MANTINE vs me in g5 of our series. mad respect to him. he will actually dog deg's cheeks
Sorry man but it’s not my problem if you are lame and don’t want to have fun.

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) Fragments will smash through the frag wall and win against Vrji 3-0 with SUNKERN while blindfolded.
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) Go back to CAP D2, you're gonna use Tornadus-Therian (sorry for team leaking) with Regenerator realizing it's useless kekw.
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) No comment on this, I just think torterra is better.
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) I actually think Mishlef is Zarel's and chaos' alt acc and he/she will log on to Zarel allowing all pokemon in 1v1 with no Duplicate Clause and no Team Limit so he/she could spam Toxapex/Arceus and I think that Boat overturned the decision because Mishlef went into chaos and threatened to sue/not pay/permban Boat if he/she did not overturn the decision.
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) Gym Socks and Nalei will agree to play LC 1v1 and Nalei would have a team that gets 3-0'd by Squirtle just for Squirtle to miss all of the Icy Winds and Nalei will hit all of the Zap Cannon's from TOGEPI to win.
Bomb21XD (6) vs Tom842 (11) I changed my mind, I just remembered that fucking Hydreigon always wrecked me when I try to ladder on 1v1 for CLC, and made me copy doc's team. So, I will be bolding Tom.
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) abd, here's a tip. BRING MONO WATER. pqs will bring only Blaziken. (Sorry for team leaking) But still bolding pqs because pqs will crit all of the CC's with the Blaziken because pqs has mastered a hidden stat in Pokemon Showdown called Hax/Friendship. (Not true btw)
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) I still remember that time when Xander tried to cteam with Choice Scarf NIHILEGO LOL. DEG, just bring mono steel, insta win.

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
Let's strike again.

lvl100Blaziken (1) vs Vrji (16) - I don't even understand how vrji qualified in champs, as he is bad af.
Potatochan (2) vs D2TheW (15) - Death to the east. But certainly not death to the best. Ditto unranked.
torterraxx (3) vs pattek (14) - probably gosted by ryy , bringing tyrantrum or something else.
Joker 1v1 (4) vs Mishlef (13) - Both are able to bring 0 mons, so since Joker is 4, i choose the higher seed. (don't forget to use an useless mon like kakuna or a shit like that)
Gym Socks! (5) vs Nalei (12) - Gym sucks, gym socks sucks, gym socks' socks suck, Gym socks' sawk socks suck, Gym socks soaked sawk socks suck , well i stop i'm tired.
pqs (7) vs abd1710 (10) - anagram of abd : bad. Anywy pqs is a geek, he is 14 and doesnt go to school to play pokemon.
DEG (8) vs XanderUrBoi (9) - My boi is deg, and anyway it's not the kind of guy who brings band mantine.
Anyway, Xander looks more like XanderUrboiled...
So.. Degg vs Urboiled , time to eat omelette.

Victim of the week : the loser between joker and Mishlef, who will regret to not use specs sandslash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)