Tournament OM Spotlight League - FINALS (TIEBREAKER) [Won by UwUrshifus]

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finals
Week 1 |
Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5

The list of formats for this year's Spotlight League is as follows:
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play one another for five weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 2 teams will appear in the finals and face off for victory.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager with the higher seed picking second. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!

Sportsmanship
Players and managers displaying poor sportsmanship will be subject to punishment, including potential removal from the tournament, at the discretion of the tour hosts. This includes:
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be considered a "dead game" and will not count towards either team's score.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Spotlight League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMSL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMSL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (in the hills). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Matchups
:dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract & willdbeast) [3][3] UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) :urshifu:
(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Krytocon vs papiloco
SS Bonus Type - Akashi vs 23Gz
SS Godly Gift - UnnerfTalonflame vs Eggs
SS Inheritance - anaconja vs Don Vascus
SS Inverse - PA vs Mossy Sandwich
SS Sketchmons - ironwater vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

Deadline:
11:59 PM (GMT -4) on October 17th, 2021

Last edited:
Some predictions because I figured why not:

Dubwool Entendres [4][2] UwUrshifus

(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Krytocon vs papiloco: I don't know much about 2v2 doubles, but from what I've seen Krytocon has been really solid. Probably top two in terms of 2v2 performance this tour, along with the goated Vrij. I've also heard the Vrij and Krytocon build together, so if Vrij offers his help it should be very difficult for papiloco to win this one. This will got to 4 games with Krytocon winning 3-1.

SS Bonus Type - Akashi vs 23Gz: This is probably the match up I'm most excited for, with two of some of the highest quality players this tour duking it out. They've both brought really solid teams, and have played extremely consistently and well. It's really difficult to choose a winner here, but I think I'll go with 23Gz, not because I think that they'll win, but that I think it'd be cool if they win. From what I know this 23Gz's first team tour where he's played a major role, and I think it's always cool to see a newer player duke it out with a long time great. It definitely won't be easy though, and good luck to both players!

SS Godly Gift - UnnerfTalonflame vs Eggs: Unnerf has been nothing short of SOLID this tour in Godly Gift. He's shown that he's been able to bring a large variety of gods, and win almost every time too. On one hand, Unnerf always doing bo3's give Eggs more scouting intell, but on the other hand, Unnerf has used a ton of different Gods as well, with a variety of playstyles so it's really difficult to prep for him, despite a lot of information being out there. On the other hand w/ Eggs, I haven't been too impressed with they're play, but they've also been able to get solid results in Godly Gift, in what I would say is arguably the tier with some of the strongest players this tour.

SS Inheritance - anaconja vs Don Vascus: I gotta go with my boy anaconja here. This is probably the match up that I think is most favored to one side. Anaconja has been one the best Inheritance players this tour, and I haven't been too impressed with Don Vascus' playing so far. However, he is part of council, and who knows what heat he's saving up for this week. I think on teambuilding and playing anaconja is favored hear, however I don't think Don Vascus is totally out of it and I definitely think his experience in Inheritance will come into play this game.

SS Inverse - PA vs Mossy Sandwich: After losing to PA earlier today, I can definitely say that's he's a really strong player. He also beat city earlier in swiss for NFE so as far as I know, he's been on a roll. Mossy as well has been on a roll, claiming a win against FC last week and has come a long way from OMPL proving themselves as a really strong player and builder. He made both OMPL finals, and now OMSL finals so definitely not someone to underestimate. PA on the other hand, has played at a high level for a while now (and I'd say at a higher level than Mossy overall). In their last meeting, PA took the W and I think it'll happen this week as well. As good as Mossy is right now, I think PA is just overall the slightly better player so I'm going with him for now, but I can definitely see this going the other way. This should be a close one, and I'm excited to watch this match.

SS Sketchmons - ironwater vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d: I personally don't think either of these players have brought necessarily spectacular teams in sketch. ironwater at times, has brought some slightly dubious teams, whereas S1nn0hC0nfirm3d, has generally brought really solid teams, but not anything beyond this. Throughout this tour though, S1nnoh has shown that he can play at a strong level, and bring teams that know how to win. I think s1nnoh is favored to win here, but if ironwater does his prep and puts enough time into it, I can defintely see him taking it.

Lastly, I want to say good luck to all players, and I look forward to watching you all play!

(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Krytocon vs papiloco
Don't know these players enough to make a good call

SS Bonus Type - Akashi vs 23Gz
This is tough but I have to give it to my boy 23gz. The man is a great battler and knows how to bring some heat when building.

Love both of these people but I think Eggs just knows the meta more and I think UT's brain is forever wired for AAA.

SS Inheritance - anaconja vs Don Vascus
I love Don but anaconja is just the better player. If Don wins, that'd be hype tho

Mossy is good and always keeps his stuff fresh, despite his gross name.

This is tough. I think Sinnoh just is probs the better battler and he's quick on his feet; IW is good too so I hope to see a close one!

iapt

the unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is gonna be a two part post, with predicts first and shoutouts second.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate both teams on making it to the finals, and wish all the players luck in their games.

Dubwool Entendres [2][4] UwUrshifus

(Best of 5) SS 2v2 Doubles - Krytocon vs papiloco:
No idea but Krytocon has had a good tour so far by the looks of it, and is good according to other predictors.
SS Bonus Type - Akashi vs 23Gz:
This is a hype matchup that I can see going either way, but I'm going to bold 23gz here, being tier leader and being very active and knowledgable, but this will be a close game either way.
SS Godly Gift - UnnerfTalonflame vs Eggs:
This game (or games) should be fun, with a huge variety of playstyles and gods coming from UT's side. I believe that UT has more meta knowledge here and has had a very strong tour so far, so bolding him here.
SS Inheritance - anaconja vs Don Vascus:
This one could go either way but I feel like the newly minted tier leader may have some fire in his belly and really go out there and get the win. Anaconja is a strong player but Don may have more motivation here, and possibly more knowledge and experience. I think this will be a close game either way.
SS Inverse - PA vs Mossy Sandwich:
Bolding the non-two letter name here. Mossy has had a strong tour thus far and has had some experience in finals situations. This one will be another close game. PA has (according to sevag) been on a roll, so that could give them some confidence coming into this match and turn the matchup around.
SS Sketchmons - ironwater vs S1nn0hC0nfirm3d:
This one should be an interesting game. Sinnoh seems to have brought solid teams all tour while ironwater may have been a bit more risky with his teams. I dont have a ton of knowledge about either of these players, but have seen sinnoh play well at a high level before, so I'm going to bold them.

If I predicted against you (or your team) go ahead and prove me wrong and make this a great finals!

Now, onto shoutouts.

First and foremost, I would like to thank in the hills for hosting this tour, keeping it well run and organized, even though some players did not show interest in completing their games.
A big thank you to jasprose, for drafting me and giving me a shot to play in my first team tour, even if I underperformed.
To beauts, for being an amazing teammate, always there to help build and test, and for supporting like 4 metas this tour. You were an invaluable part of our team and I would love to be on your team for future tours.
drampa's grandpa, even though you were not the most active, you did give input, despite things going on outside of mons, which was appreciated.
To Morytha, for playing without much support, and always showing up the next week and playing for the team (also grats on gdriver).
To alaserdolphin, a very active member of our team, always trying to contribute where you could. you showed up and played hard even when playing strong players, and that was appreciated.
Ax, you played without much support and got results, which is not easy to do. I'm glad we had such a strong inverse player on our team.
lph, you played where you were needed and weighed in on teams, which is always appreciated. Its not easy to be put into different tiers and get results, but you did.
Staz, you were a new face on the scene, but got drafted and played hard for us, which is all anyone can ever ask for.
Lancer, you played well and were a big reason why we managed to get 4th place in the tour.
Phantomistix, again, another good player who was a big reason why we got to where we did, so thank you.

Thats all my shoutouts for now. I will be posting my teams in the inheritance threads (hopefully) soon for those interested. Thanks for reading :)

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Posting this solely in counter to anyone SLEEPING on the truth:
Love both of these people but I think Eggs just knows the meta more and I think UT's brain is forever wired for AAA.
Won 3-0 vs Eggs in three very good games, all of which were totally normal Godly Gift games. Very well played!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1426890453 Caly-I defeats Yveltal
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1426896481 Eternatus defeats Zamazenta-C
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1426902253 Giratina defeats Caly-I

We also gentlemaned no Maro-A
I dunno man...doesn't the saying go "history always repeats itself"?

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Won in three very good games vs Eggs! Very well played.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1436095074 Eternatus defeats Dawn Wings
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1436098654 Rayquaza defeats Dusk Mane
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1436101563 Xerneas defeats Zamazenta-C

Shoutouts coming soon now:

in the hills, you are an amazing tour host and even better artist. Thank you for all you did to make this happen.
Kris and emillight for being great co-leaders of this crazy tier, and I am excited to work with y'all going forward!
willdbeast for scouting me and Quantum Tesseract for trusting me with a starting spot. I had a ton of fun building and playing, and am glad I was able to hold down the spot for y'all.
anaconja Krytocon Akashi ironwater PA Sanshokuinsumireko for being great teammates, players, and and build mates. Let's bring this home!
Eggs pannuracotta Nultiprise Flaming Deoxys emillight thanks for playing this crazy tier with me and (mostly) agreeing to play bo3s. I think that really helped to Spotlight this meta!
beauts for helping me build and test so much for Finals; sorry I couldn't bring the Trick Room team home, but it was a cool team and all the testing was invaluable. Discordual ItsChew. for testing other weeks

Last edited:

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Managing omsl has easily been one of the most memorable experiences I have had on this site. Initially, I was going to sign up and just play whatever tier my team needed for fun. Then, it came to my attention that there weren’t enough managers to have an omsl. Seeing this, I threw my hat in the ring. At first, I had no idea what I was getting into. I was coming off a long hiatus and had practically no current gen knowledge of each meta. However, everything worked out for the better.

Although the Slowkings did fail to make the playoffs, I was pleased with how we played throughout the tour. I felt as if our lineup had 10 starter level players, and the biggest issue was choosing 6 of them per week. Without further ado, an extremely late shoutouts post mid finals

23Gz - Someone who accepts my bonus type challenges and smashes me every time. Great user, player, and builder. The tier is in good hands, but can you not body me in friendlies? Thank you for your compliance

a loser - I have spammed you with a lot of camo battles recently, and you always accept and bring seemingly new teams every time. You also used one of my stab teams for Swiss, which is a W. All in all, great user and fun to play against.

aesf - It has been fun playing oms with you for what feels like a decade. Easily an S-tier om player, and S-tier personality. Seeing you message me for omgs testing while I was inactive on this site also meant a lot and __partially__ motivated me to make a return to mons. Make a return for world cup y/n

Bea5 - I remember drafting you late, and not knowing much about you other than an inheritance ladder game ~~that you haxed me in btw~~. However, your passion for the team and usage of the fire emoji were unmatched this tour. Unfortunately you loaded up sun vs rain, and then the next game you played in we were mathematically eliminated in. Your record doesn;t indicate your skill, and I would definitely want to play with you in future tours

beauts - Where do I begin? Had no idea who you were predraft, didn’t actually draft you, and here you are. In my shoutout post. Met you through the vc’s and we’ve played friendlies in soooo many different tiers. Great sense of humor, easily one of my favorite users on the site. Always a blast hearing you mald and hope to see more of you in the future. However, I really think you should deafen.

berry - S/o for posting “the one user covid didn’t bring back to the site :(” on my smog wall, definitely made me wanna make a return. The work you’ve done for the ompl records doesn’t deserve to go unnoticed, and I know from talking with you how long it actually takes. Big ups.

Betathunder - Unfortunately we didn’t get to build as many teams for stab ssnl as I would’ve liked, but it was definitely a fun ride. With World Cup approaching, I expect it to be another fun ride :)

drampa's grandpa - Ty for drafting me in ompl however long ago it was, and for building with me in stab for ssnl even if I veto’d the team we made literally mid series based on what my opp was bringing.

eu - One of the first people I reached out to for omsl, and it was a pleasure getting to know you. I know you aren’t happy with your record, but I also made you change sets last second twice and they both backfired twice. Your record does not accurately represent how well I think you did this tour. It’s just a shame you got haxed in every test game and had a couple of less than stellar mus due to last second changes made by me.

Gman - Left multiple messages on my profile while I was mia, easily the nicest user on the site :D
Bonus points for that Godly Gift team Nultiprise won with week 5, 11/10 user.

Heracross2.0 - I wish I could’ve played you more, if Tect wasn’t playing as good as he was I 100% would’ve started you more. Thank you for being active, providing consistent feedback in the inheritance channel, and also being available for test games even though I benched you. Overall, I felt inheritance was one of our better tiers by the end of omsl and we wouldn’t have gone positive without you.

in the hills - Ty for actually accepting my stab challenges, and for doing pretty much everything for the community. If I have a question in the other metas room, ith will answer it. Need a sample team? ith has one. Wonder who’s on *insert meta* council? Probably ith. QC? Hosting tours? In winners bracket for stab ssnl? ith is everywhere. Extremely chill with all-around good vibes. Also grats on becoming an artist™

Kris - Loved reading your om interview, also made me realize how much you do behind the scenes with coding and hosting several tours simultaneously. If that wasn’t enough, you also managed omsl. Always great being on call with you, except when you bring moody to a camomons tier shift shared power inverse ffa. I don’t like that.

Lasen - For being European hella fun in calls, and for not actually blocking me after I couldn't guess your ethnicity for 30 minutes xd. There isn't a better trophy wife in gen 5 ubers on this site rn

motherlove - I’ve been around oms for a long time and have played aaa since gen 6, including many matches against you. Despite this, I don’t think I’ve beaten you once in aaa. Seriously. Can’t find any replays. It was hella fun being on call during aaa tour games and just chatting in general. Top 1 accent in oms.

Nultiprise - I remember passing you teams for stab ssnl before omsl was even announced. I will say that I wish I got to play you sooner for omsl. You prepped really hard for your week 4 game even though it never happened, and you gave UnnerfTalon his only loss in omsl. I appreciate your patience this tour, and your performance was a bonus. You were also a great presence in the discord, and I know you’ll do well in future tours.

Ren - I reached out to you predraft, and we were on the same wavelength for pretty much the entire tour. Great energy, humor, and you helped support multiple tiers. You also gave us our only inverse win with mono shell smash, which was the highlight of the tour imo. All in all, it has been great connecting with you from gen to gen, and seeing you bring alolan-marowak for 3 consecutive weeks.

TectonicDestroyer - I remembered seeing your message on my smog account wanting me to come back. Loved being your teammate on the tyrantrums back in the day, and I knew I wanted to draft you. You definitely didn’t know this tour was a thing until week 3, but when your number was called you showed up in a big way. Was fun supporting you for inheritance. Always fun being on a team with you, and the Thunder also have a billion draft picks so that’s cool.

TheCoastsOfToast - You really got me back into mons for some gen 8 camo commentary even though I never played the tier. SMH. This post is your fault. All jokes aside, I appreciate you for getting me back into mons. I don’t appreciate losing every hackmons cup game despite always having the one counter at lead. Still crazy that you’re one hour behind me zzzz

The Number Man - Was fun talking during stab ssnl post koko bans, also loved being on call during the aaa games. Definitely not surprised that the team you’re managing is in the finals for omsl.

Think - I remember coming back from a long hiatus and seeing “Think” as a room owner. Immediately I was like “Who dis?”. After some time, it dawned on me who you were. Some calls later, and here we are. You keep the om room in check, and do plenty behind the scenes for oms. I’m looking forward to aaapl and seeing you around for tour games in the future.

TTTech - Mr. Mobile. Hello! The only user on this site that’s older than me, yet somehow makes me feel like a geezer. Wish I could’ve helped more for bonus type, and you did get shitty luck during your final bonus type game with rng. Was a fun ride, and you definitely pass the vibe check

UnnerfTalonflame - Although omsl is not over, you have had a great run so far. It’s always fun watching your bo3’s with a plethora of different team structures. I’m glad I got to help you test for omsl, and most importantly go Red Sox !_!

Vrji - Wish I had more 2v2 knowledge, but you clearly didn’t need it. You went undefeated and I couldn’t really ask for more. Always looked forward to seeing your matches each weekend, and best of luck in future tours :D

XxSevagxX - I feel terrible. The Giants lost AND Flores didn’t swing. Unbelievable. But in all seriousness, I definitely loved being on call with you for hours at a time just building, commentating, and everything else. You made stall work in sketch, and also were just an amazing presence throughout. Your runs in omsl, stab ssnl, swiss (so far), and bh have been nothing short of amazing.

Zoaw - Really wish you were more available, I felt as if I was doing a disservice not playing you more. However, I did enjoy seeing your input in the discord and appreciate you attempting to help out despite how busy you are.

I probably missed some people unintentionally, but I don’t feel like typing anymore.

Last edited:
Managing omsl has easily been one of the most memorable experiences I have had on this site. Initially, I was going to sign up and just play whatever tier my team needed for fun. Then, it came to my attention that there weren’t enough managers to have an omsl. Seeing this, I threw my hat in the ring. At first, I had no idea what I was getting into. I was coming off a long hiatus and had practically no current gen knowledge of each meta. However, everything worked out for the better.

Although the Slowkings did fail to make the playoffs, I was pleased with how we played throughout the tour. I felt as if our lineup had 10 starter level players, and the biggest issue was choosing 6 of them per week. Without further ado, an extremely late shoutouts post mid finals

23Gz - Someone who accepts my bonus type challenges and smashes me every time. Great user, player, and builder. The tier is in good hands, but can you not body me in friendlies? Thank you for your compliance

a loser - I have spammed you with a lot of camo battles recently, and you always accept and bring seemingly new teams every time. You also used one of my stab teams for Swiss, which is a W. All in all, great user and fun to play against.

aesf - It has been fun playing oms with you for what feels like a decade. Easily an S-tier om player, and S-tier personality. Seeing you message me for omgs testing while I was inactive on this site also meant a lot and __partially__ motivated me to make a return to mons. Make a return for world cup y/n

Bea5 - I remember drafting you late, and not knowing much about you other than an inheritance ladder game ~~that you haxed me in btw~~. However, your passion for the team and usage of the fire emoji were unmatched this tour. Unfortunately you loaded up sun vs rain, and then the next game you played in we were mathematically eliminated in. Your record doesn;t indicate your skill, and I would definitely want to play with you in future tours

beauts - Where do I begin? Had no idea who you were predraft, didn’t actually draft you, and here you are. In my shoutout post. Met you through the vc’s and we’ve played friendlies in soooo many different tiers. Great sense of humor, easily one of my favorite users on the site. Always a blast hearing you mald and hope to see more of you in the future. However, I really think you should deafen.

berry - S/o for posting “the one user covid didn’t bring back to the site :(” on my smog wall, definitely made me wanna make a return. The work you’ve done for the ompl records doesn’t deserve to go unnoticed, and I know from talking with you how long it actually takes. Big ups.

Betathunder - Unfortunately we didn’t get to build as many teams for stab ssnl as I would’ve liked, but it was definitely a fun ride. With World Cup approaching, I expect it to be another fun ride :)

drampa's grandpa - Ty for drafting me in ompl however long ago it was, and for building with me in stab for ssnl even if I veto’d the team we made literally mid series based on what my opp was bringing.

eu - One of the first people I reached out to for omsl, and it was a pleasure getting to know you. I know you aren’t happy with your record, but I also made you change sets last second twice and they both backfired twice. Your record does not accurately represent how well I think you did this tour. It’s just a shame you got haxed in every test game and had a couple of less than stellar mus due to last second changes made by me.

Gman - Left multiple messages on my profile while I was mia, easily the nicest user on the site :D
Bonus points for that Godly Gift team Nultiprise won with week 5, 11/10 user.

Heracross2.0 - I wish I could’ve played you more, if Tect wasn’t playing as good as he was I 100% would’ve started you more. Thank you for being active, providing consistent feedback in the inheritance channel, and also being available for test games even though I benched you. Overall, I felt inheritance was one of our better tiers by the end of omsl and we wouldn’t have gone positive without you.

in the hills - Ty for actually accepting my stab challenges, and for doing pretty much everything for the community. If I have a question in the other metas room, ith will answer it. Need a sample team? ith has one. Wonder who’s on *insert meta* council? Probably ith. QC? Hosting tours? In winners bracket for stab ssnl? ith is everywhere. Extremely chill with all-around good vibes. Also grats on becoming an artist™

Kris - Loved reading your om interview, also made me realize how much you do behind the scenes with coding and hosting several tours simultaneously. If that wasn’t enough, you also managed omsl. Always great being on call with you, except when you bring moody to a camomons tier shift shared power inverse ffa. I don’t like that.

Lasen - For being European hella fun in calls, and for not actually blocking me after I couldn't guess your ethnicity for 30 minutes xd. There isn't a better trophy wife in gen 5 ubers on this site rn

motherlove - I’ve been around oms for a long time and have played aaa since gen 6, including many matches against you. Despite this, I don’t think I’ve beaten you once in aaa. Seriously. Can’t find any replays. It was hella fun being on call during aaa tour games and just chatting in general. Top 1 accent in oms.

Nultiprise - I remember passing you teams for stab ssnl before omsl was even announced. I will say that I wish I got to play you sooner for omsl. You prepped really hard for your week 4 game even though it never happened, and you gave UnnerfTalon his only loss in omsl. I appreciate your patience this tour, and your performance was a bonus. You were also a great presence in the discord, and I know you’ll do well in future tours.

Ren - I reached out to you predraft, and we were on the same wavelength for pretty much the entire tour. Great energy, humor, and you helped support multiple tiers. You also gave us our only inverse win with mono shell smash, which was the highlight of the tour imo. All in all, it has been great connecting with you from gen to gen, and seeing you bring alolan-marowak for 3 consecutive weeks.

TectonicDestroyer - I remembered seeing your message on my smog account wanting me to come back. Loved being your teammate on the tyrantrums back in the day, and I knew I wanted to draft you. You definitely didn’t know this tour was a thing until week 3, but when your number was called you showed up in a big way. Was fun supporting you for inheritance. Always fun being on a team with you, and the Thunder also have a billion draft picks so that’s cool.

TheCoastsOfToast - You really got me back into mons for some gen 8 camo commentary even though I never played the tier. SMH. This post is your fault. All jokes aside, I appreciate you for getting me back into mons. I don’t appreciate losing every hackmons cup game despite always having the one counter at lead. Still crazy that you’re one hour behind me zzzz

The Number Man - Was fun talking during stab ssnl post koko bans, also loved being on call during the aaa games. Definitely not surprised that the team you’re managing is in the finals for omsl.

Think - I remember coming back from a long hiatus and seeing “Think” as a room owner. Immediately I was like “Who dis?”. After some time, it dawned on me who you were. Some calls later, and here we are. You keep the om room in check, and do plenty behind the scenes for oms. I’m looking forward to aaapl and seeing you around for tour games in the future.

TTTech - Mr. Mobile. Hello! The only user on this site that’s older than me, yet somehow makes me feel like a geezer. Wish I could’ve helped more for bonus type, and you did get shitty luck during your final bonus type game with rng. Was a fun ride, and you definitely pass the vibe check

UnnerfTalonflame - Although omsl is not over, you have had a great run so far. It’s always fun watching your bo3’s with a plethora of different team structures. I’m glad I got to help you test for omsl, and most importantly go Red Sox !_!

Vrji - Wish I had more 2v2 knowledge, but you clearly didn’t need it. You went undefeated and I couldn’t really ask for more. Always looked forward to seeing your matches each weekend, and best of luck in future tours :D

XxSevagxX - I feel terrible. The Giants lost AND Flores didn’t swing. Unbelievable. But in all seriousness, I definitely loved being on call with you for hours at a time just building, commentating, and everything else. You made stall work in sketch, and also were just an amazing presence throughout. Your runs in omsl, stab ssnl, swiss (so far), and bh have been nothing short of amazing.

Zoaw - Really wish you were more available, I felt as if I was doing a disservice not playing you more. However, I did enjoy seeing your input in the discord and appreciate you attempting to help out despite how busy you are.

I probably missed some people unintentionally, but I don’t feel like typing anymore.
It was you the man who gave me STABmons teams! I didn't know that

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finals - Tiebreaker
Week 1 |
Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Finals

The list of formats for this year's Spotlight League is as follows:
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").

Playoffs:
Each team will play one another for five weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 2 teams will appear in the finals and face off for victory.

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).

Tiebreaker Rules: One metagame will be picked by each manager with the higher seed picking second. The third format will be determined at random by the hosts. All three metagames must be unique, so no format can be picked twice.

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of extenuating circumstances, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them. In order to further prevent this being the case teams are only granted a maximum of two substitutes per week. Any substitutions after the second will be vetoed.

Trades
The hosts have decided to not include trades this year due to reasons outlined in this thread - all roster decisions will be final, so draft carefully!

Sportsmanship
Players and managers displaying poor sportsmanship will be subject to punishment, including potential removal from the tournament, at the discretion of the tour hosts. This includes:
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:
  • If there is no communication on Smogon Profile walls and a game goes undone, it will be considered a "dead game" and will not count towards either team's score.
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship

Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Other Metagame Spotlight League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMSL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMSL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (in the hills). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Matchups

:dubwool: Dubwool Entendres (Quantum Tesseract & willdbeast) [1][2] UwUrshifus (Lasen & The Number Man) :urshifu:
SS Godly Gift - anaconja vs papiloco

Deadline:
11:59 PM (GMT -4) on October 23rd, 2021

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)