ZU ZeroUsed Majors - Stage 2 Round 1

Aproved by 5gen

Welcome to the first edition of ZU Majors! In this tournament, participants will start off in a pool with other players, and those with the best records within those pools will advance to the second stage. Pools will be randomised, with the exception of pool leaders. Each pool will have a leader, who is a credible player, and these leaders will be determined by tour hosts to ensure each pool is fair. After the first stage, the tournament will shift to a traditional single elimination tournament with the advancing players from each pool. The top 32 players of this tournament will earn Circuit Points according to the payout structure listed here. For an example of how this tour is run, see the UU version. ZU Circuit Standings can be found here.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SS ZU tournament.
  • 2021 ZU Circuit information can be found here.
  • The format will be best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
  • Rounds will last the standard 1 week.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown! or on the smogtours server.
  • Replays are mandatory. Lack of replays will result in a coin flip (looking at you Procrastinasian)
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
  • As such, it is imperative to schedule publicly on your opponents' walls. Please do not schedule via PMs or Smogon convos
  • You are expected to know and follow all general tournament rules.
Note that the extension date from stage 1 has changed from October 18th 11:00 PM GMT -4 to October 20th at 11:59 PM GMT -4

Round 1 - Proof

Mirbro  vs  (winner 1 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Elfuseon)
AstilCodex  vs  terreitor
Tuthur  vs  Chokepic
ashbala99  vs  TBasedGod
UBTR  vs  Antares
Sificon  vs  Drud
JonAmon 25
 vs  Procrastinasian
GammaGoGamma  vs  TJ
(Winner of Landon vs Lizardu'' vs Luna's Banned now) vs  (winner 2 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Elfuseon)
Serving Suggestion  vs  czim
avarice  vs  yovan33321
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
 vs  PrinceOfAllTacos
giove97  vs  OranBerryBlissey10
TheGreenRoman  vs  hiss
TheFranklin  vs  tlenit
thebtboy  vs  Mr.Bossaru

Deadline is October 24th at 11:59 PM GMT -4. Replays are mandatory!

Last edited:

Drud

is a Tutor Alumnus
PUPL Champion
Mirbro  vs  (winner 1 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Luna's Banned now ) - idk how to predict this because of the format, if luck of the irish faces mirbro i think loti wins, if one of the other 2 gets through i think mirbro wins
AstilCodex  vs  terreitor - two players that have failed to impress me, whoever brings better teams probably wins
Tuthur  vs  Chokepic - haven't seen chokepic play ss and tuthur is alright
ashbala99  vs  TBasedGod - zu discord was gassing this guy which is probably a bad sign but sure i'll bite
UBTR  vs  Antares - idk who the other person is and i've seen antares talk in the zu discord a couple of times which really doesn't give me any indication of how good he is but whatever
Sificon  vs  Drud
JonAmon 25  vs  Procrastinasian - fuck jon amon i hate him but predicting procas to win is a terrible idea so i will just bold no one. i hate this match up
GammaGoGamma  vs  TJ - no explanation needed
(Winner of Landon vs Lizardu'' vs Elfuseon)  vs  (winner 2 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Luna's Banned now) - ??? hello what is happening here
Serving Suggestion  vs  czim - czim needed luck to beat durza in ss. that's crazy
avarice  vs  yovan33321 - weird matchup, avarice is the better player but yovan33321 is good at sorta cteaming his opponent, but avarice is not a zu main or builder as far as i'm aware so it will be hard to cteam him since he can use about anything
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  PrinceOfAllTacos - ho3n is pretty good
giove97  vs  OranBerryBlissey10 - idk who the other person is
TheGreenRoman  vs  hiss - idk who the other person is
TheFranklin  vs  tlenit - good mu, i like the team franklin uses more generally but a tlenit win wouldn't be a surprise
thebtboy  vs  Mr.Bossaru - bossaru is the goat, it even says it in his smogon title and there's no way he would lie about that. also btboy is like 0-11 vs me in ss games

Last edited:
Mirbro  vs  (winner 1 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Luna's Banned now ) - idk how to predict this because of the format, if luck of the irish faces mirbro i think loti wins, if one of the other 2 gets through i think mirbro wins
AstilCodex  vs  terreitor - two players that have failed to impress drud, but advantage to astillCodex with a better ingame
Tuthur  vs  Chokepic - tuthur is alright and i haven't seen chokepic play ss
ashbala99  vs  TBasedGod - zu discord was gassing this guy which is probably a bad sign but sure i'll bite
UBTR  vs  Antares - depends of antares mood
Sificon  vs  Drud weird matchup, sificon is the better player but Drud is good at sorta cteaming his opponent, but sificon is a pu main or builder as far as i'm aware so it will be hard to not cteam him since he can use about anything
JonAmon 25  vs  Procrastinasian - JonAmon25 has a better profile picture
GammaGoGamma  vs  TJ - explanation needed, tj plays since a while but gammagogamma showed a good game in stage 1, he has some pretty cool teams and i think he can get this if he try his best gl bro
(Winner of Landon vs Lizardu'' vs Elfuseon)  vs  (winner 2 of crying vs Luck O' the Irish vs Luna's Banned now) - ??? hello what is happening here, bolding the best player after luck
Serving Suggestion  vs  czim - czim is better and in the elite four of zu, who would bold serving lol
avarice  vs  yovan33321 -
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d  vs  PrinceOfAllTacos - ho3n is pretty good yes
giove97  vs  OranBerryBlissey10 - giove97 is a good person but obb10 is clearly better in zu
TheGreenRoman  vs  hiss - idk who the other person is
TheFranklin  vs  tlenit - no way tlenit loses to a ru guy
thebtboy  vs  Mr.Bossaru - btboy is better and i don't see Mr.boss success to ctming him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)