Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Ice

A certified zard killer with a very nice speed tier, letting it outspeed and kill Garchomp, Mega Gardevoir, Victini, and Tapu Lele among others. Grass Knot allows you to beat Slowbro and Mega Swampert, while HP Ice is for Garchomp, Lando-T, and most Zygardes (pretty much any Zygarde that's not invested on the special side defensively).

Last edited:
:Haxorus: Haxorus @ Choice Scarf :Haxorus:
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Iron Tail
- Counter

As 1v1's Haxorus spammer, I am legally obligated to submit everyone's favorite axe-faced dragon. Pretty standard set, Scarf allows Hax to outspeed fast threats like Gren and Garchomp. Outrage is your main STAB. Superpower and Iron Tail are crucial coverage moves that help against Heatran, Magnezone, non-bulky Lele, and Gardevior to name a few. Finally, Counter is an awesome option to beat non-sub Metagross.

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/shaymin::normalium-z:
Shaymin @ Normalium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 60 SpA / 232 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Seed Flare
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis​

Speed for Choice Scarf Porygon-Z after the Z-Celebrate Speed boost, bulk for Leech Seed numbers + Porygon-Z Hyper Beam (Z-Celebrate t1 and win ezpz), SpA dump

The premise of Z-Celebrate Shaymin is that it's a SubSeed user that also can get an omniboost with Z-Celebrate and hits hard with Seed Flare. Synthesis allows Shaymin to take strong hits, boost up, and recover off the damage before finally finishing off the opponent. Generally solid, but needs to be paired with a Zard check.

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
Crustle @ Normalium Z
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Counter

z-shell smash ignores taunt and stat lowering so it beats mons like fini, tran, and landot, while still retaining most of its previous matchups because of how strong +2 wrecker is even without rock z.

when you're finding a partner you wanna look for something that beats prim but is kinda shaky to/loses to fini, for example i used magearna on a previous team as a teammate.

"Aquariums provide an ideal opportunity to study alien fauna up close.
Select carefully which lifeforms you bring onboard - they may also be studying you."
-Subnautica Dialogue

With that said, heres the set:
:Gyarados-Mega:

:Gyarados:
Big Problem (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Outrage

There can never be enough Gyarados teams. this thing is a beast + easy to build.
Also - Hi Alex!

Itchy

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
The nominations for the first Pokémon for this cycle are closed
~
You can vote for your favorites here! You will be able to select 3 distinct nominations
~
Voting will be open until 11:59 -5 on Wednesday the 20th, and the results will be posted asap afterwards​

Last edited:

Itchy

Voting for the first Pokémon is closed!
~
pqs's Z-Shell Smash Crustle has won the vote! Congrats!!

:ss/crustle::normalium-z:
Crustle @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Counter
~
Weights:
1st - 1.5x
2nd - 1x
3rd - .5x

[First Choice]
[Second Choice]
[Third Choice]

Cumulative Totals:
pqs - 13.5
Itchyy - 11
Jabiru - 5
cleffa - 4.5
torterraxx - 4.5
superstrike66 -3.5
RTM - 3
doc1203 - 1.5
1EAST - 1.5
~

Nominations for the next Pokémon is now open
until Saturday the 23rd at 11:59 pm (-5)

Last edited:

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Metal Sound
- King's Shield

Aegislash is a great partner for Crustle as it can take care of the prominent steels in the tier (Metagross, Magearna, Zone, Genesect, Aggron, etc.), Mega Slowbro, Mew, and Primarina. It is also a very good Tapu Fini lure as Finis are bulked specifically to beat Aegis by living a Z shadow ball into shadow sneak. It can also reliably deal with willo wisp gardevoir, which this crustle unfortunately cannot guarantee a kill on.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
92508_Greninja.gif

Greninja @ Icium Z
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hydro Cannon

My non max speed gre set is pretty good. It has some attack for gunk shot as a fairy counter and also it can KO other electric types with HP ground. also Icium Z is just for Dnite counter. It can also defeat metagross and magearna by using HP ground t1 and then hydro cannon

Itchy

Voting for the second Pokémon is closed!
~
torterraxx's Ghostium-Z Aegislash has unanimously won the vote! Congrats!!
Crustle @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Counter

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Metal Sound
- King's Shield
~
Nominations for the next Pokémon are now open until Wednesday the 27th at 11:59 pm (-5)

Last edited:

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 12 SpA / 24 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Brine
- Ice Beam

The remaining threats to this team include Mega Gyarados, Zygarde, Garchomp, opposing Aegislash, and stall pokemon such as Registeel and Porygon-2. Z Nature's Madness in combination with Tapu Fini's other moves let it 2hko most of the metagame and make it an excellent stallbreaker. Unfortunately, this set cannot reliably beat Metal Burst Mawile and relies on sucker punch mindgames. However, if this set is chosen, I have an alternative Aegislash set that can outspeed Metal Burst Mawile and beat it reliably, without giving up any matchups (that I'm aware of).

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
sceptile-mega.gif

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm / Frenzy Plant
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega sceptile is a good Special Attacker. I made an attacking mega sceptile with eq for heatran counter. The only move it misses is Draco Meteor so I kept Dragon Pulse. HP fire for other grass types and leaf storm or frenzy plant for ofc Fini and other water types like slowbro and Greninja.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Because you're running Crustle and Aegislash, you're going to be running into a bit of trouble with just about every ground type and the vast majority of sturdy mons in the meta, as well as a lot of the more bulky water type options. Mons to cover include but are not limited to Magnezone, Donphan, certain Mawile sets, Primarina, and of course Mega Gyarados.

In order to mitigate this and finish off the team, I would recommend Venusaur, everybody's favourite grass type.

There's a few sets you can go with, the first and probably my preferred option is offensive sleep powder. It lacks a bit of consistency, but it makes up for it in options. Out-damaging water types with giga drain without needing sleep in the first place, and dealing with Magnezone without needing to stall it down, this set most directly does what it needs to without leaving itself open to critical hits.
Code:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite 
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpA / 32 SpD / 40 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Giga Drain  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Sleep Powder  
- Sludge Bomb
Alternatively, and just as reasonably, you could go with a Charm Leech Seed set. This set lacks the matchup consistency of the first one, but makes up for it in a slightly broader coverage for better general team consistency, as well as not having to rely on hitting Sleep Powder in most matchups. Two notable matchups this loses compared to the first are the Genesect matchup, which is a weak one on the team, and the Aegislash matchup, where you're going to have to rely on the mirror to win.

Code:
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 172 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Charm  
- Leech Seed  
- Sludge Bomb  
- Synthesis
The high speed and timid nature put it above Gyarados and Dragonite provided they aren't running a Jolly nature, which is a pretty safe assumption anyway. After a charm this Venusaur can safely take a Supersonic Skystrike from both, and just kinda vibes with synthesis from there. The big risk running Sludge Bomb is you lose out on steel type matchups, but the alternative is losing to certain annoying grass types which this team does not enjoy either.

Itchy

Nominations for the third cycle have closed, you can vote for your favorite here!
~
You will be able to select one option
~
Voting will be open until 11:59 -5 on Thursday the 28th, and the results will be posted asap afterwards, where you can submit your concerns and suggestions​

Itchy

Voting for the third Pokémon is closed!
~
:sm/venusaur-mega:
Felucia's Mega Venusaur has won the vote! Congrats!!
Screenshot_20211029-000037_Chrome.jpg
~
Crustle @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Counter

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Metal Sound
- King's Shield

Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
~
Suggestions for changes to the team are now open until Friday the 28th at 11:59 pm (-5)

Aegislash @ Steelium Z
EVs: 184 HP / 76 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I came up with this cool Aegislash set when looking for ways to deal with Dragonite. The speed allows you to speed creep all compendium Dragonites and the bulk allows you to take a Firium Z from a max special attack Dragonite. This Aegislash can beat just about any Dragonite except scarfed ones which Crustle can deal with wonderfully. This set still beats the psychic types and bulky pokemon such as Mega Venu it needs for the team, however the Magearna matchup is a little more uncertain now. It's hard to calculate odds, but as long as you land Z Metal Sound turn 1 you have really good odds of winning. If you miss it, you still have decent odds of winning. For reference, Magearna needs either a +4 Twinkle Tackle to OHKO you or a +2 Twinkle Tackle into a Fleur Cannon to kill you while you only need a +3 differential to OHKO (you get a +2 if you land Z Metal Sound).

Itchy

CCAT Cycle 4 is now live, being conducted in SS!!!
~
Nominate Pokémon you believe would be good to build around before Saturday, November 6th at 11:59 -5.
~
Go wild, but not too wild!
~
Note about last cycle: torterraxx's edit will be accepted, so the team does not lose to Z- Move Dragonites!
Aegislash @ Steelium Z
EVs: 184 HP / 76 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Crustle @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Rock Blast
- Counter

Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/ninetales-alola:
(Ninetales-Alola) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Disable
- Encore
- Moonblast

Beats Fini cause Encore+Moonblast. Aurora Veil beats slower Specs/Band users like Necrozma, advantage this has over tect is that this doesn't lose to random subs / bulky set up since you can veil into encore. Speed makes it faster than Zarude. Beats Regidrago+Zygarde pog tho it has to setguess toxic or wp zyg cause moonblast doesn't kill zyg. Snow warming lets you know if opposing Lele/Fini are scarf or not (other than giving Veil). Set can be changed tbf to reliably beat Zyg if you run like Moonblast, Blizzard, Protect, Disable tho you don't beat Fini.

Tapu Fini @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 232 HP / 188 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Surf

This Tapu Fini is meant to lure Volcanion, Naganadel, and Goodra. The bulk allows you to live a timid specs Naganadel's sludge wave, and modest is a 56% roll to kill. The HP also allows you to live Zarude's power whip and you have very favorable (87%) odds of ohkoing with a +2 moonblast. The speed EVs creep AV Goodra which allows you to win that matchup. Taunt or Iron Defense could be considered over Surf, surf is mainly there for Heatran.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zeraora @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Def / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Beats metagross, max attack is needed so i just dumped speed since i had like 8 extra evs (speed creeps 110 creeps technically). Fun set the 4th move is flexible between like cc play rough blaze kick etc

Last edited:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 Spe
Bold / Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Icy Wind /Rest
- Surf

Out of the pressure stall trio Suicune is the least seen and deserves some love.
With its ridiculous bulk and icy wind it can beat faster threats that rely on 2 hitting it like scarf haxorus and darm-g, naganadel, and specs lele to name a few. It also prominetly walls evey steel type outside of ferrothorn and scarf metagross. It also reliably outlasts most opposing stallmons in registeel and chansey with 252 hp though if not needed it can run 248 hp for optimal pressure stalling.
Timid offers more reliability versus banded eq darm g though ada scarf hax becomes a roll.
If it really needs to it can run rest to cover opposing subtox mons though in general icy wind offers more mus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)