SS UU Excadrill in UU

So Excadrill recently droped so I decided to make a team centered around it.

The team: https://pokepast.es/5bd9dc23bb670b82

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 164 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill is obviously the core although it is support. Its role is hazard removal and also hazard setter. With no EVs invested in attack, Excadrill's Earthquakes are fairly strong. Its Mold Breaker ability allows Excadrill to hit Rotom-W with Earthquake on switch in for people who forget that Excadrill has the Mold Breaker ability. Toxic allows to cripple many bulky mons. Stealth Rocks allows to breaks Sturdy and Focus Sashes and have nice chip damage. Finally, Rapid Spin solves the bad hazard control in UU. Excadrill is walled by Skarmory and Celesteela

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Salamence's role is to be a setup sweeper. Salamence's Intimidate ability makes it easier to setup on physical attackers. Roost allows Salamence to set up more Dragon Dances. Dual Wingbeat is an okay stab move but its accuracy is not great. Earthquake is a great coverage move that allows it to hit Electric amd Steel types hard. Salamence is walled against Rotoms, Skarmory (again), and Celesteela (again) but I don't know if I should run Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Outrage, or keep Roost.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Roserade's role is also hazard setter. Sleep Powder is great for utility and allows Aegislash to kinda counter Celesteela and allows Roserade to set up Spikes while taking no damage. Sludge Bomb explodes speed investing Azumarills and is a great stab move. Giga Drain great against Ground and Water types and is a decent HP recovering move. Spikes with three layers are extremely dangerous and are basicly super efective Stealth Rocks. This set, once again, is walled by Celesteela and Skarmory

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Sneasel sound like a weird choice but it's fantastic against the new drops. Its role is a revenge killer. Sneasel's fast speed and Ice Shard make it great as a revenge killer. Knock Off is great utility while doing massive damage. Triple Axel is the go to stabe move because if I hit all 3 triple axels, it is a total 140 base power move that breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Low Kick provide amazing coverage hiting Steel types super effective that are not Skarmory and Celesteela.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Aegislash is my main way of dealing with Celesteela and not Skarmory. The idea is to Sleep Powder Celesteela and set up atleast two Swords Dances and be hit by Flamethrower and activate my Weakness Policy. At plus 4, I can OHKO Celesteela. With the idea out of the way, it role is a setup sweeper. Shadow Claw is go to move for pokemon that are slower. Close Combat provides coverage and Shadow Sneak at plus 4 KOs may frail fast pokemons.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Primarina is the final pokemon and it's the team's special attacker. Calm Mind makes it that I can set up against weak special attackers. Scald is a strong Water move that can burn physical attackers that target Primarina's weaker defense. Moonblast blasts pokemons when Primarina's set up. Finally, Psychic is to eject the sussy Among Us from the Skeld.

Threats:

Fire types.

Skarmory, Celesteela and kinda Rotom-W.

Please give advice for the team

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey Drizzling Dragonite Excadrill has quickly solidified itself as one of the best Pokemon in UU and fits nicely here. Sneasel is also a pretty cool pick that is easy to forget about. Though, it should be noted you really ended up with more of a bulky offense structure than HO. Hope you consider the changes in this rate as I feel the Fire-type, Celesteela, and Rotom-W matchups can all be improved upon.

Major Changes
:salamence: :aegislash: -> :kommo-o: :celesteela:
Kommo-o @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock

Celesteela @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Meteor Beam
- Autotomize
Dragon Dance Salamence and Swords Dance Aegislash are cool sweepers but do not really fit on this type of team where Sneasel needs support. Kommo-o is able to serve as a Stealth Rock user so Excradrill isn't putting too much work on itself. Kommo-o has solid coverage and can check Pokemon like Aegislash, Amoonguss, etc. With the additional slot, Offensive Celesteela is a good fit. It helps against Pokemon such as Jirachi and is generally bulky enough to check what it needs to in a game once, should it not be able to pull off a sweep itself.

:primarina: -> :slowking:
Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Teleport
Slowking is another recent drop that makes for a good addition here. Calm Mind Primarina just is not needed here with other sweepers present. It does have merit as a bulky water-type though. Slowking does this better with reliable recovery and better defenses. Colbur Berry is chosen over Heavy Duty Boots for the Conkeldurr matchup. Teleport is HUGE for Sneasel to get in safely given how it typically drops to a papercut. Future Sight can make Sneasel even more threatening, but I was more concerned about checking Conkeldurr.

Minor Changes
:excadrill: :roserade:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis
I tweaked these spreads to be more standard, not sure what the other EVs were for with Excadrill and Roserade is better off bulkier to patch up being so frail rather than investing in its already decent special attack. With the addition of Kommo-o, Excadrill does not have to compress both Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock, and can opt for Iron Head. Leaf Storm is nice to chunk opposing Excadrill on Roserade too.

This version is a Bulky Offense approach to maximize the offensive pressure Sneasel can apply to other offensive Pokemon right now. Between Kommo-o and Slowking, you shouldn't struggle with the Pokemon initially listed in the threat list. Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)