AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament IV - Playoffs (see post #45) FINAL

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

(gorgeous art by Albinson)

This is a Type A tournament that will be included in the 2021 AG tournament circuit; learn more about it here.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here, or below.
  • This is a standard SS Anything Goes tournament.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
  • Replays are required.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: The matches must be played on either the Smogtours server or the Main PS! server if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the host(s) and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing on Smogtours.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponent's replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Scheduling

Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed, and use this guide to ensure you don't lose via activity or coinflip. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary. Extensions for those with time conflicts will only be given when proof is provided of scheduling with their opponent in the beginning of the round, so do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Welcome to the playoffs of the fourth Anything Goes Ladder Tournament! Here are our top 16 players, in order of seed:

1. Mak the Zeklord - 1938 elo
2. baconeatinassassin - 1931 elo
3. Ballfire - 1926 elo
4. Trade - 1922 elo
5. Fardin - 1921 elo
6. default0 - 1920 elo @ 92.8% GXE
7. Fc - 1920 elo @ 90.6% GXE
8. Swastik - 1911 elo
9. jerryl309 - 1895 elo
10. WSun1 - 1893 elo
11. crying - 1882 elo
12. Jojos - 1877 elo
13. Farce Of The Death - 1876 elo
14. Tic-Tac-Toe Guru - 1875 elo @ 89.5% GXE
15. Shivam3299 - 1875 elo @ 87.9% GXE
16. 80 yrs - 1867 elo

Round 1:

1: Mak the Zeklord vs 16: 80 yrs
8: Swastik vs 9: jerryl309
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death
3: Ballfire vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
6: default0 vs 11: crying
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1
2: baconeatinassassin vs 15: Shivam3299

Round 2:

Winners' Bracket

9: jerryl309 vs 16: 80 yrs
5: Fardin vs 13: Farce Of The Death
3: Ballfire vs 11: crying
2: baconeatinassassin vs 10: WSun1

Losers' Bracket
1: Mak the Zeklord vs 8: Swastik
4: Trade vs 12: Jojos
6: default0 vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
7: Fc vs 15: Shivam3299

Round 3:

Losers' Bracket

8: Swastik vs 11: crying
4: Trade vs (loser of 2: baconeatinassassin vs 10: WSun1)
7: Fc vs 13: Farce Of The Death
6: default0 vs 9: jerryl309

Round 4:

Winners' Bracket

5: Fardin vs 16: 80 yrs
2: baconeatinassassin vs 3: Ballfire

Losers' Bracket
10: WSun1 vs 11: crying
7: Fc vs 9: jerryl309

Round 5:

Losers' Bracket

11: crying vs 16: 80 yrs
3: Ballfire vs 7: Fc

GRAND FINALS

2: baconeatinassassin vs 5: Fardin

baconeatinassassin is coming from the winner's bracket, so he only has to win 1 Bo3 set. Fardin is coming from the loser's bracket, so he will have to win 2 Bo3 sets.

Deadline: December 12th at 11:59 PM EST

Have fun!!

Have fun!!

Last edited:
Round 1:

1: Mak the Zeklord vs 16: 80 yrs ( I just saw him defeating Wsun)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1442147873
8: Swastik vs 9: jerryl309 ( Both are very good but I am rooting for my indian gang member)
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos ( Fardin deez nuts)
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death (60-40 but trade is very good)
3: Ballfire vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru ( this matchup will be fun both are really good galar player
6: default0 vs 11: crying ( goat)
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 ( best matchup but I just saw Wsun losing to maki so I think fc automatically wins here)
2: baconeatinassassin vs 15: Shivam3299 ( how can a user with numbers win?) Rooting for bacon

1: Mak the Zeklord vs 16: 80 yrs - 80 yrs was a good player and is likely to take this pretty convincingly. I wasn't really impressed with the cycle 2 ladder environment, I guess.
8: Swastik vs 9: jerryl309 - jerry's a goat, but Swastik has sort of been on a hot streak. Think it can go either way tbh, but it's really hard to say. I would not bet on a match like this.
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - Fardin's definitely a Top 1, 2 or 3 GAG player right now, and shouldn't have any problems.
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death - Looking forward to playing my teammate.
3: Ballfire vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru - Fun match. Neither had the absolute best showings in AGPL or recent tours, but both are ladder demons. Ballfire might have a bit of an edge with his teambuilding though.
6: default0 vs 11: crying - Hard to bold against default0 in an upper tier. crying's a good player overall, but default0 seems to have a grasp on dismantling players with less meta knowledge. crying may show up though.
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - Best match by far. Looking forward to seeing some innovation, and these two players are definitely some of the best in the tier. It will probably come down to who preps better. Very slight edge to Fc.
2: baconeatinassassin vs 15: Shivam3299 - Shivam's also been known to do well on the ladder, but bacon's homefield is quite literally the tours setting. bacon's just gonna bring something ludicrous and make it work.

I guess I'm saying cycle 1 is going to win unanimously. Every matchup has a chance of swinging either way though, so take this with a grain of salt!

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
1: Mak the Zeklord vs 16: 80 yrs - ngl i have no idea who either of these players are and that's probably for the best
8: Swastik vs 9: jerryl309 - goated jerry to finals
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - babe xo
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death - "farce of the death" are you 12?
3: Ballfire vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru - better player
6: default0 vs 11: crying - the default pick
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - def the highlight, will to pull through
2: baconeatinassassin vs 15: Shivam3299 - bacon is literally the best

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1: Mak the Zeklord vs 16: 80 yrs - idk either
8: Swastik vs 9: jerryl309 - JERRYTOUR
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - one is fardin one is french.
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death - trade is high when he builds and when he plays he will win + he bakes nice cakes
3: Ballfire vs 14: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru - bolding the one with the cooler name
6: default0 vs 11: crying - crying is crying
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - fc is LUCKY and BAD so he will win
2: baconeatinassassin vs 15: Shivam3299 - e

Last edited:

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - one lost to a uu sample one is french.
4: Trade vs 13: Farce Of The Death - trade is high when he builds and when he plays he will win + he bakes nice cakes
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - fc is LUCKY and BAD so he will win
nah cant have u bolding someone whose name is tic tac toe guru unironically

5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - his opponent is french.
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - fc is LUCKY and BAD so he will lose

nah cant have u bolding someone whose name is tic tac toe guru unironically

5: Fardin vs 12: Jojos - his opponent is french.
7: Fc vs 10: WSun1 - fc is LUCKY and BAD so he will lose
Imagine being named omicorio unironically

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
the french have not prevailed

Imagine being named omicorio unironically
literally this holsyhit omicorio ur nam eis bad

TICTACTOE GURU HAS THE BETTER NAME AND WILL WIN.

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)